The Official Miami Heat Road to the Title Thread

dolphann4life

Lol...he had to have meant prior to 2010. Once upon a time, he did make Tayshaun Prince run for his dear life.

Oh, I remember. But that's like saying "if the Bills want to beat Minnesota, Stevie Johnson needs to use the clutch playmaking ability he displayed against Cincinnati."

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I remember. But that's like saying "if the Bills want to beat Minnesota, Stevie Johnson needs to use the clutch playmaking ability he displayed against Cincinnati."

Especially with James and Carter leaking that ridiculous "Spoelstra is making them take things to seriously and not letting them have fun" statement this week. What a bunch of BS. I'm really beginning to feel bad for the dude, because Spoelstra is a good coach. You don't just magically guide a 1-player team to 2 seasons above .500 and the playoffs. The more and more I've seen how James has handled the past 5-6 months, the happier I get that the Knicks didn't sign him.

Especially with James and Carter leaking that ridiculous "Spoelstra is making them take things to seriously and not letting them have fun" statement this week. What a bunch of BS. I'm really beginning to feel bad for the dude, because Spoelstra is a good coach. You don't just magically guide a 1-player team to 2 seasons above .500 and the playoffs. The more and more I've seen how James has handled the past 5-6 months, the happier I get that the Knicks didn't sign him.

The whole thing has been utterly bizarre. At the risk of launching into what Aten called "complaints about the chattel forgetting its place," it does seem like they felt that win or lose, the entire enterprise at least entitled them to 100% fun. Barring that, it seems they'll accept being entitled to hand pick their HC.

The whole thing has been utterly bizarre. At the risk of launching into what Aten called "complaints about the chattel forgetting its place," it does seem like they felt that win or lose, the entire enterprise at least entitled them to 100% fun. Barring that, it seems they'll accept being entitled to hand pick their HC.

Amen. At the end of the day, maybe upsetting the establishment really has nothing to do with anything. Sometimes a guy is just a douchebag and it really doesn't go much further than that.

What's saddest to me about it is how it's clearly rubbed off on Wade also.

Heat are going on a 6 game win streak, book it. Take it to the bank.....The blood bank....

It's just getting sad now. Wade led the team and competed with no one else last year. now he is just a side show performer in the Lebron circus. Lebron don;t care about nothing, not even championships, just Lebron. Sorry.

Amen. At the end of the day, maybe upsetting the establishment really has nothing to do with anything. Sometimes a guy is just a douchebag and it really doesn't go much further than that.

What's saddest to me about it is how it's clearly rubbed off on Wade also.

Heard that today on talk radio. They where saying that everyone expected Wade to mentor Lebron and help him get out of his juvenile phase that was so evident during his olympic stint. Turns out Lebron just turned Wade into side-show Bob instead. hahaha

Heard that today on talk radio. They where saying that everyone expected Wade to mentor Lebron and help him get out of his juvenile phase that was so evident during his olympic stint. Turns out Lebron just turned Wade into side-show Bob instead. hahaha

And perhaps more importantly, does anyone really think that Pat Riley is going to let himself be bullied by the players on the roster into firing his coach? Pat Riley? Really?

Now that were official in December the countdown to one of my long life dreams will be coming true on Dec. 17 2010 when I will be able to watch my team play against the Knicks in MSG. I'm staying at the sh*thole across street and heard they have bed bugs, but thats a small price to pay for a glorious night.

The Heat are on fire (no pun intended). First team in NBA history to have at least a 9 game winning streat where every win is by 10 points or more.

Seems like when Wade decided to assert himself that things started to click.

The Heat are on fire (no pun intended). First team in NBA history to have at least a 9 game winning streat where every win is by 10 points or more.

Thanks for the response, i was getting lonely.lol. Wade is playing great ball right now and was just named Eastern Conference player of the week. Bosh has 10 straight games with atleast 20 points and is nearing a double double avg. The D is great, especially the perimeter D, as the Heat have the #1 Defense stat wise in the NBA. We still don't have that signature win against a Boston,L.A.,Mavs or Spurs. Do you think the HEAT will hold the Knicks to under 100?

Ahhhhhh....nice and quiet in the "The Official Miami Heat Road to the Title Thread CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! LOCK IT UP!!!!" thread.....

Didn't want to put that type of bad karma on my knicks ;), this friday cannot come soon enough. I'm gonna be skiing in stowe vermont this weekend so hopefully i can find a bar to watch the game.

Do you think it's Spo's "reward" system that's helping them out?? It seems that the freedom and added emphasis on defense is really spurring their streak. (and i'm not talking about the 'if you get a stop you can take whatever shot you want' i'm talking about the hummers and handys Spo is giving after the postgame :) )

All kidding aside they are playing damned well.

Didn't want to put that type of bad karma on my knicks ;), this friday cannot come soon enough.I'm gonna be skiing in stowe vermont this weekend so hopefully i can find a bar to watch the game.

Do you think it's Spo's "reward" system that's helping them out?? It seems that the freedom and added emphasis on defense is really spurring their streak. (and i'm not talking about the 'if you get a stop you can take whatever shot you want' i'm talking about the hummers and handys Spo is giving after the postgame :) )

All kidding aside they are playing damned well.

Friday is going to be great. I got Heat/Cavs tommorow but really wanna watch the Knicks/Celtics game, but i vowed to heckle the Clevland players so i'm going to miss that. I know the Knicks like to run and the Heat preach Defense, I'm intrested to see what happens.

Thanks for the response, i was getting lonely.lol. Wade is playing great ball right now and was just named Eastern Conference player of the week. Bosh has 10 straight games with atleast 20 points and is nearing a double double avg. The D is great, especially the perimeter D, as the Heat have the #1 Defense stat wise in the NBA. We still don't have that signature win against a Boston,L.A.,Mavs or Spurs. Do you think the HEAT will hold the Knicks to under 100?

If the Heat play their defensive game they can certainly hold the Knicks under 100. The Knicks can probably only win a high scoring game.

What's crazy about the Knicks' scoring is that in the last 20 games (which includes both winning and losing streaks) the Knicks have been held under 100 only 5 times. They're 1-4 in those games.

I want a great game and, of course, a Knicks victory, but I mainly want Amare to destroy Bosh. :D

If the Heat play their defensive game they can certainly hold the Knicks under 100. The Knicks can probably only win a high scoring game.

What's crazy about the Knicks' scoring is that in the last 20 games (which includes both winning and losing streaks) the Knicks have been held under 100 only 5 times. They're 1-4 in those games.

I want a great game and, of course, a Knicks victory, but I mainly want Amare to destroy Bosh. :D

I expect Amare to have a monster game but at the same time i wouldnt be suprised if Bosh had one of his better games as a member of the heat. I know Love had the monster game against Amare and also 40 something points for Bargnani.

I expect Amare to have a monster game but at the same time i wouldnt be suprised if Bosh had one of his better games as a member of the heat. I know Love had the monster game against Amare and also 40 something points for Bargnani.

Very true. Nene also had a good game against Amare.

But Love, Bargani, and Nene aren't pussies like Bosh. ;)

It was really inevitable, was there ever a question that they'd run through the regular season? The league is ridiculously top-heavy. No way does a team with 2 of the top 5 players in the league not win at least 60+ games. It's not like Lebron was magically going to turn into not being the best player since MJ all of a sudden. Running teams with that much talent will always win big. Always, that's always been a staple of the league and always will be.

It was really inevitable, was there ever a question that they'd run through the regular season? The league is ridiculously top-heavy. No way does a team with 2 of the top 5 players in the league not win at least 60+ games. It's not like Lebron was magically going to turn into not being the best player since MJ all of a sudden. Running teams with that much talent will always win big. Always, that's always been a staple of the league and always will be.

They're 18-8 or 19-8, whatever....good streak, but people are overreacting.....

I pegged them in the high 50s/low 60s and losing in the EC 2nd round (upset) or EC Finals (lose to better team like Celtics) because of lack of depth and quality role players.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived