Braylon

sh4dy15

I think he saw him Sperm. If you watched the replay, when he started scrambling, he looked down field and then came back to the sideline route. I think he was scared to pull the trigger.

I think he was looking at Keller. Packers were doubling Braylon all day. Sanchez didn't expect the safety to bite so hard on the run fake.

I think Sanchez doesn't see a lot of stuff. Worst part about that play isn't even how open Edwards was (bad as that was). It was that he had absolutely no pressure on him. It might be forgivable if he had someone breathing down his neck, but he had all day to scan the field and still missed the most open receiver on the field for a sure TD.

That gets better with experience, and it will with Sanchez. But it's brutal to watch.

What makes it worse is that 98% of the time Sanchez is always looking down the field, coverage or no coverage, yet on this play he never looked up. Strange. According to Rex Braylon was also wide open on the throw to J-Co in the end zone. Edwards gets targeted less than everyone else despite the big numbers. I think Sanchez looked his way too much last season and is thinking twice about it now.

What makes it worse is that 98% of the time Sanchez is always looking down the field, coverage or no coverage, yet on this play he never looked up. Strange. According to Rex Braylon was also wide open on the throw to J-Co in the end zone. Edwards gets targeted less than everyone else despite the big numbers. I think Sanchez looked his way too much last season and is thinking twice about it now.

I can only see what they show on replay on TV, like with the deep non-throw to Edwards. He's clearly not bothering to see who is the best option before throwing it. So he's looking but doesn't see it, which is troubling. Then to compound that, there are times he sees it and doesn't let it rip (fake-pumping on what seemed like half of his passes at some point).

He's young and it's unrealistic to expect him to be at the level he'll be at in 3-5 years. But the Jets don't get spotted a touchdown because their QB is only a rookie, then only in his 2nd season, etc. This is a roster good enough to go all the way. He needs to produce like someone who belongs in the superbowl. This offense is 100% healthy and shouldn't be getting blanked - or even nearly blanked - by anyone.

These clowns need to hold onto the ball. They dropped some good passes. This is simply beyond argument. But Sanchez needs to play better. He needs to throw it when an opening's there without fake-pumping to that receiver first, and needs to be more accurate when he does.

Is it that or is it his shinny new toys Holmes and LT that he gives all his attention to?

Is it that or is it his shinny new toys Holmes and LT that he gives all his attention to?

Without a doubt and thats a problem. Braylon has proven up to this point that he deserves to be the go to guy. Thrown at 4 times? Thats unacceptable and I would be pissed if I were him to. Throwing to LT and Holmes is fine, especially on third down slants to Holmes seem to work and LT is a great checkdown option when a play breaks down, but they cant be his focus on every play.

Without a doubt and thats a problem. Braylon has proven up to this point that he deserves to be the go to guy. Thrown at 4 times? Thats unacceptable and I would be pissed if I were him to. Throwing to LT and Holmes is fine, especially on third down slants to Holmes seem to work and LT is a great checkdown option when a play breaks down, but they cant be his focus on every play.

Holmes - 6 targets - 2 in the last three quarters of the game

Edwards - 4 targets

I don't think Holmes is the problem, especially when he's only on the field for 39 plays.

I just looked up the numbers and my claim is basically totally false. Edwards is being targeted the exact same times as he was last year on a per game basis. His number post Holmes are actually way up (7.7 compared to 4.75 per game). Maybe it just seems he isnt targeted as much because we are throwing the ball more meaning his TPA is down? Cotchery is up 1.3 targets per game from last year. Thats a killer because the guy has been awful. Keller is up 1.8 looks from last season. Tomlinson gets 5 looks a game. Id say thats average for most backs but is is a major increase over Jones last year. I guess Braylon should be up another 1.5 TPG based on more passing and how the other guys numbers have risen, but its nowhere near as bad as a I thought it was.

I just looked up the numbers and my claim is basically totally false. Edwards is being targeted the exact same times as he was last year on a per game basis. His number post Holmes are actually way up (7.7 compared to 4.75 per game). Maybe it just seems he isnt targeted as much because we are throwing the ball more meaning his TPA is down? Cotchery is up 1.3 targets per game from last year. Thats a killer because the guy has been awful. Keller is up 1.8 looks from last season. Tomlinson gets 5 looks a game. Id say thats average for most backs but is is a major increase over Jones last year. I guess Braylon should be up another 1.5 TPG based on more passing and how the other guys numbers have risen, but its nowhere near as bad as a I thought it was.

Damn, thats good research brother. I'm thinking it seems the targets are low because the throw attempts are up.

Archived