Green Bay knew what to expect from us.

ToonTime

A great defense gets its struggling offense a turnover in a game like that though, and either brings it to the house, or sets them up on the doorstep.

This defense does not impose its will on anybody, and counts on everyone doing their job simultaneously.

Yeah.

And, I'd still take 9 points against in every game.

A great defense gets its struggling offense a turnover in a game like that though, and either brings it to the house, or sets them up on the doorstep.

This defense does not impose its will on anybody, and counts on everyone doing their job simultaneously.

A great defense doesn't need to force turnovers if its forcing 3-and-outs all day. You could not expect anything more than what the D did yesterday.

I think everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY in the organization is on the Santonio hype machine. Listen, the guy can ball no doubt. He's got a hell of a skill set and is known for big time plays. But in Pittsburgh's offense last year he was NOT the focal point that Ds worried about. Despite his huge #s he was a product of Big Ben. Coordinators knew about him and his explosiveness, but were more worried about stopping the run and being able to contain Big Ben from improvising. Holmes was/is a GREAT WR for a guy like Ben (and when Sanchez) improvises and stretches plays.

Edwards on the other hand has really started to mold in with this team IMO. Hollywood (See: playmaker) leaving was definitely a good start, and since the DWI he has been nothing short of a model citizen and great teammate. I know we're not a WR screen team, but why not use high % pass plays to get him the ball? At this point if we had to chose between Holmes and Edwards getting a long term deal, it would be hard not to learn toward Edwards

I've been saying this about Holmes since he got here...He's a very talented WR obviously...all that said teams weren't crapping their pants over him in Pittsburgh because he happened to be working with a top QB. Also, take note that drops are not a disease only had by Edwards...It happens to all WRs at all times.

Edwards isn't like that either obviously, but he's also never been around anything near the talent Holmes has been around in the pros.

Edwards is the best WR in this offense. It was obvious before Holmes got on the field, and with Holmes not jumping right into things it's more obvious now. I still think most of the reason they brought Holmes here was to get D's to stop keying on Edwards and Keller. Once that starts happening this offense could be dangerous...especially if Sanchez chooses to play well.

The routes these WRs run puzzle me its the same sh*t over and over. Get creative Schotte you have a great WR-TE-RB corp.

No thanks. They are "creative" enough. It's time to punch somebody in the mouth.

Merriman is the answer. I dont see a dominant pass rusher on this team.

The answer to what? How many points would Merriman have scored? They basically gave up nothing, pass rush or not. Besides, if Merriman could rush the passer he'd be playing.

A great defense, again a great defense gets a turnover for its struggling offense and maybe even scores with it on a day lik ethat.

That said, Dustin Keller was atrocious yesterday. His holding call on 2nd and 1 was a back breaker

What a load of crap. The only reason that offense was struggling was because this is a great defense.

Archived