Randy Moss cut from Vikes

jaspegs

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prior to that draft, BB knew how good Brady was going to be but he also knew other teams would pass on him.

That's why he waited until the 6th round to pull the trigger. No sense taking Brady in the 2nd or 3rd round when BB knew he would still be available in the 6th.

Another genius move by BB.

Haha, you're such a jackass sometimes. You know that right?

That's total BS. Belichick did not have the full control back then he has now. He wanted to draft him with the 4th round pick, but was overrule. (and 5th and 6th) He finally got his way with the second 6th round pick. He did not expect him to still be available in the 6th round.

Hoodie, you might want to look up, something is flying over your head.

That's total BS. Belichick did not have the full control back then he has now. He wanted to draft him with the 4th round pick, but was overrule. (and 5th and 6th) He finally got his way with the second 6th round pick. He did not expect him to still be available in the 6th round.

You Sir are not correct, B.B. has always had final say on personel, yes even when Piolli was there. As for the rest, you don't seem to be reading between the lines very well.

The truth has emerged.....the real reason why Randy Moss was cut from the Vikings....

HE INSULTED THE CATERER.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-mossbehavior110210

Thats right. First he get traded to Minn b/c he insulted Tom Brady's hair cut and then he gets cut from Minn for insulting the lunch menu.

So he would not let his dog get that hair cut, nor would he let his dog eat that food.

Straight cash homey!

Yahoo! Sports' Michael Silver reports that Randy Moss' "boorish" behavior in a locker room incident last Friday contributed to the Vikings' decision to cut him loose.

A favorite local restaurant catered the Vikings' buffet Friday. Moss went up to the table and yelled, "What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog!" Per the St. Paul Pioneer-Press, the room got quite except for one player who said, "Shut the (expletive) up, Randy." Brett Favre even shot Moss the stink eye. The Vikes also had concerns about Moss' poisonous attitude rubbing off on Percy Harvin. Coach Brad Childress reportedly explained, "This just doesn't fit with how we treat people, how we talk to people and how we act." Nov. 2 - 3:15 pm et

Where are all those who were saying Randy had finally grown up and comparing his behavior to being that much more professional that Revis? The guy was well behaved for what, two years?? While he was being paid and having balls thrown his way.

I've always loved the guy as a player, but he clearly has mature one bit.

Yahoo! Sports' Michael Silver reports that Randy Moss' "boorish" behavior in a locker room incident last Friday contributed to the Vikings' decision to cut him loose.

A favorite local restaurant catered the Vikings' buffet Friday. Moss went up to the table and yelled, "What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog!" Per the St. Paul Pioneer-Press, the room got quite except for one player who said, "Shut the (expletive) up, Randy." Brett Favre even shot Moss the stink eye. The Vikes also had concerns about Moss' poisonous attitude rubbing off on Percy Harvin. Coach Brad Childress reportedly explained, "This just doesn't fit with how we treat people, how we talk to people and how we act." Nov. 2 - 3:15 pm et

Where are all those who were saying Randy had finally grown up and comparing his behavior to being that much more professional that Revis? The guy was well behaved for what, two years?? While he was being paid and having balls thrown his way.

I've always loved the guy as a player, but he clearly has mature one bit.

Damage control. ;)

Damage control. ;)

Oh no I get it, I think Chilly is an absolute moroon, but this just shows what a douche Moss still is. I've spent the last three years hearing how BB and the Pats could control Moss and make him mature, but the same things happened they just weren't reported. The only thing that keeps moss happy is money, not being dead last and getting 10+ targets a game. Hell of a talent, but still an a$$.

Oh no I get it, I think Chilly is an absolute moroon, but this just shows what a douche Moss still is. I've spent the last three years hearing how BB and the Pats could control Moss and make him mature, but the same things happened they just weren't reported. The only thing that keeps moss happy is money, not being dead last and getting 10+ targets a game. Hell of a talent, but still an a$$.

I totally agree, it's just funny how any negative reports coming after the cheats traded him were supposedly fake. ;)

A favorite local restaurant catered the Vikings' buffet Friday. Moss went up to the table and yelled, "What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog!"

What's the big deal here?

Haven't you guys ever been to a restaurant that served crappy food?

LOL!!! I love those "leaked" stories that come out after the fact to help clean up the mess left behind. I suspect there is some truth to it - and some bullsh*t to it. Call me stupid (wait.....LOL)....but don't you find it really, really odd that players would take Childress' side on anything? Oh, and that after a week of FARVE'S ANKLE!!! OMG!!!! OH....OMG!!! THE HIT HEARD AROUND THE WORLD!!! FAVRE IN A FETAL POSITION!!!! EIGHT STITCHES!!!! HOW TOUGH IS THIS GUY!!!! WHAT A GUY!!!! OMGGG!!! JEN SERGER MAY TALK AFTERALL!!! OMG!!!!

Now, nary a word. What?? Has the ankle healed? How his head? The stiches? C'mon, we 'wanna hear how great you are!!! Hey - thoughts on Randy? What? Cat got you tongue?

Something smells in Minnesota, folks.

You Sir are not correct, B.B. has always had final say on personel, yes even when Piolli was there. As for the rest, you don't seem to be reading between the lines very well.

Yeah, that was one of his "reasons" for leaving the Jets. With the new owner coming in he didn't know if he would get full control here and Kraft promised him full control.

What's the big deal here?

Haven't you guys ever been to a restaurant that served crappy food?

Oh definitely, but I don't make it a point to embarrass the people that I'm with or the organization that I represent. I absolutely love the guy as a player and usually really enjoy is interviews, because for the most part he's humble and intelligent. However, it just shows that he really hasn't grown up. He is forced to leave a great team, which he's unhappy with and so he throws a bit of a hissy-fit.

Now this is a blip on the radar and I could care less it happened, I just think it's funny how he can go from mature back to randy being randy in a handful of weeks.

The thing I'd love to find out is who told him to shut the **** up, I would imagine it would be someone of significant stature.

but this just shows what a douche Moss still is.

Yeah, Moss is douche. We have known this since the FIRST time he was a Viking. But don't tell me this is more douche than texting photos of your junk. The NFL is not full of saints. Ray Lewis is murderer. Vick killed dogs. You don't cut a HOF WR cause he cursed out the lunch lady. Something more serious had to have happened or Childress is an idiot.

Yeah, Moss is douche. We have known this since the FIRST time he was a Viking. But don't tell me this is more douche than texting photos of your junk. The NFL is not full of saints. Ray Lewis is murderer. Vick killed dogs. You don't cut a HOF WR cause he cursed out the lunch lady. Something more serious had to have happened or Childress is an idiot.

Oh it's definitely stupid to cut him if this were the only offense, but odds are that it's not. I put more merit on the fact that he was disruptive during practice, took plays off during the game and was going to rub-off on harvin. It's just fairly surreal this is happening.

I think the difference between all the players you mentioned and Moss, is that they all give 110% of themselves every single play and would have to be carried off the field rather than let a teammate down. I'm sure that's part of the reason and I would have to imagine there were players who shared chilly's view or this probably wouldn't have happened. It's a shame, because he was really opening up the underneath stuff for harvin and would have drawn more single coverage when Rice came back.

He is officially on waivers now. We will find out sometime late tomorrow if somebody will get him off a waiver claim.

There are a bunch of teams that could use him. I think maybe the Chargers are the most likely however. They have WR woes and have a bad record right now, but have a top QB throwing the ball and are expected to be a playoff team. Plus San Diego is really nice.

Randy Moss Was Right To Berate Catering, Says Concerned Amateur Meat Expert

http://deadspin.com/5679937/randy-moss-was-right-to-berate-catering-says-concerned-amateur-meat-expert

During the buffet they served the lowest grade of beef there is, according to cooking.com: tough and lean. For $5 more a person they could have had Prime Rib. For $7 more they could have had tenderloin. Moss didn't complain until he got to the carving station.

According to the St Paul Pioneer Press:

"[Moss] came walking up," Tinucci said. "There were a couple of guys that were in line. I knew Brett [Favre] put his helmet down. I met him carving. I was carving some meat for a guy and all of a sudden I heard all this screaming and I was like, 'Are you kidding me?' I knew who it was immediately. I looked up and there he was. [Moss said], 'I wouldn't feed this [expletive] to my [expletive] dog.'

http://www.twincities.com/ci_16500542

This is what Tinucci's served during the infamous Moss incident:

Round of Beef

Tinucci's Chicken (Baked, Rotisserie, or Fried)

Roast Turkey Breast

Choice Round of Beef

Our Famous Deep-fried Fish (Cod)

Homemade Lasagna

Rotisserie Pork Loin

Pit Smoked Ham

Pasta Alfredo with Chicken or Roasted Vegetables

$18.95

http://www.tinuccis.com/banquets.htm

According to cooking.com:

"The round is the rear leg of the cow. A frequently used muscle, the meat from this area is lean but tough."

http://www.food.com/library/beef-round-cuts-818

According to the St Paul Pioneer Press:

"Tinucci said his buffet included ribs, chicken, a round of beef carving station, pasta, vegetables and dessert."

For another $5 a person they could have had:

Prime Rib

Our Famous Saturday Night Buffet now available any night!

Chef carved Choice Prime Rib,

Tinucci's Baked Chicken, BBQ Pork Ribs, Pasta Alfredo,

Oven Roasted New Potatoes, French Fried Cauliflower,

Salad Bar including Peel n' Eat Shrimp,

Caesar Salad, and imported Olives,

House Baked Bread and Rolls, Coffee and Tea

*Substitute Chef Carved Tenderloin for Prime Rib for $2.00 per person.

$23.95

Or for $7 a person more they could have had beef tenderloin

Archived