Coaches were pissed today.

SenorGato

The solution to Sundays game:

1. Catch the ball.

2. Find the open WR with the most room to gain ground.

These should be easy enough to fix, which is why I find myself not all that worried.

Actually I'm surprised to anti-Schotty stuff wasn't worse this week. Maybe you guys are gaining patience and just waiting for that bigger loss...

Agree with #1 totally.

#2 Again this goes back to #1 . He did find the open receiver enough to win. They dropped 6 balls, and had 2 ripped away for picks.

Look at the targets

Edwards 4

Holmes 6

Cotchery 13

Have to assume that both Edwards, and Holmes were doubled on most plays. The WR that was in single coverage was Cotchery. He dropped 3 in the 4th quarter. Plus he had one ripped away. The 27 yarder on the final drive was a killer.

Just a crappy game

Move on

1. Catch the ball.

I agree with this. But you can't act as if there isn't a problem otherwise Schotty wouldn't be upset.

In fact, if Schotty didn't think there was a problem he'd be acting like you are that what happened was no big deal.

I agree with this. But you can't act as if there isn't a problem otherwise Schotty wouldn't be upset.

In fact, if Schotty didn't think there was a problem he'd be acting like you are that what happened was no big deal.

You did see the game right? Why wouldn't he be pissed to see his unit perform like they performed? It doesn't mean there's a long term, deep rooted problem that must be fixed.

You did see the game right? Why wouldn't he be pissed to see his unit perform like they performed? It doesn't mean there's a long term, deep rooted problem that must be fixed.

I never claimed there was a long term, deep rooted problem that must be fixed.

Even a short term problem which a coach fails to fix leads to a coach's firing. That's the point. There's a problem and Schotty has to fix it. If it doesn't get it fixed then he's gone. That's the NFL.

They blew through all of their timeouts, instead of saving one for a drive.

You are kidding right? Using the timeouts enabled them to get the ball back with 4 minutes left, plenty of time to put together a nice long leisurely drive with the 2 minute warning in the middle. Then they proceeded to sh*t the bed. There are a lot of things to bitch about, but this is certainly not one of them.

You are kidding right? Using the timeouts enabled them to get the ball back with 4 minutes left, plenty of time to put together a nice long leisurely drive with the 2 minute warning in the middle. Then they proceeded to sh*t the bed. There are a lot of things to bitch about, but this is certainly not one of them.

I'd rather have a little less time and be able to stop the clock on that last drive.

Would have come in handy using the middle of the field and picking up a first down.

How did having the 4 minutes left help them? They were stuck at 4th and 8 when they threw up a prayer.

I'd rather have a little less time and be able to stop the clock on that last drive.

Would have come in handy using the middle of the field and picking up a first down.

How did having the 4 minutes left help them? They were stuck at 4th and 8 when they threw up a prayer.

having 4 minutes left allows you to use the entire field also, that is plenty of time. It would have been the same thing if there 2 minutes left and they had 3 timeouts. If you are inept on offense and can't get a first down it becomes a moot point either way.

having 4 minutes left allows you to use the entire field also, that is plenty of time. It would have been the same thing if there 2 minutes left and they had 3 timeouts. If you are inept on offense and can't get a first down it becomes a moot point either way.

Being able to stop the clock without losing a down, not only helps open the field but also the running game, it makes picking up a first down easier, and keeps the defense honest.

We are way stronger in those to areas of the field, then we are throwing outside the numbers, all teams are, as those are harder throws to make.

Always have to use your timeouts when your on defense. There are two other ways to stop the clock when you have possession of the ball.

Yeah well maybe someone should let Schotty/Sanchez know, as they were in 4 down territory and were throwing deep to the sidelines on third down, when we needed 8 to move the chains.

1. Catch the ball.

These should be easy enough to fix, which is why I find myself not all that worried.

Actually I'm surprised to anti-Schotty stuff wasn't worse this week. Maybe you guys are gaining patience and just waiting for that bigger loss...

Actually the solution would be to RUN THE BALL more. We are a run first team, yet whenever we face a team with a weak run d, Schotty tries to trick them by throwing the ball all the time. It was clear early on that our passing game wasn't going great, which should have made it more obvious that we should be running the ball. And it's not as if we were down by a lot and had to play catch up either. I was almost expecting Schotty to pull this crap today but hoping he wouldn't, and of course he did. I'm sick of it, we have 2 great RB's use them please!

So that article confirms that our offensive skill position players left probably at least 21 points off the board due to incredible mistakes on THEIR part. We also missed a 37 yard FG at a time when there was no wind. The defense was very good if not great with the exception of the early missed pick by Poole. I don't now how we have so many wanting to blame the OC for this loss. Schotty is probably middle of the road but if our skill players have just a average game, we win that game by two scores.

Guest Oxoboxo

I bet they all got a snack afterwards.

The coaching staff can preach discipline all they want, but when the head coach can't control himself and consistently acts like a buffoon, the team is going to be undisciplined.

Eight wins, eight losses and a lot of head-scratching come January.

Actually the solution would be to RUN THE BALL more. We are a run first team, yet whenever we face a team with a weak run d, Schotty tries to trick them by throwing the ball all the time. It was clear early on that our passing game wasn't going great, which should have made it more obvious that we should be running the ball. And it's not as if we were down by a lot and had to play catch up either. I was almost expecting Schotty to pull this crap today but hoping he wouldn't, and of course he did. I'm sick of it, we have 2 great RB's use them please!

1. What f*ckin stone age are you from that passing the ball in the NFL counts as a trick?

2. You don't spend 50 million on a QB, 3 draft picks on veteran WRs, and a first round pick on a pass catching TE to run the ball.

3. 22 carries for less than 80 yards from two big time RBs isn't clear to you that the run wasn't working? Yet dropped passes and missed looks are clear signs that the passing game isn't work?

1. What f*ckin stone age are you from that passing the ball in the NFL counts as a trick?

2. You don't spend 50 million on a QB, 3 draft picks on veteran WRs, and a first round pick on a pass catching TE to run the ball.

3. 22 carries for less than 80 yards from two big time RBs isn't clear to you that the run wasn't working? Yet dropped passes and missed looks are clear signs that the passing game isn't work?

I know it's not actually a trick, but Schotty seems to think it is. And 2 is true, but we were also facing a team with a 24th ranked run D. That's when you run the ball. LT and Greene were never given a chance to get into any kind of rythym. And yes dropped balls and missed receivers are blatant signs that the passing game isn't working. We got a lot of nice runs on 1st down and then went straight to the pass, and the Packers D knew what we were doing. Greene should have been pounding them in the 4th quarter, instead we decided to keep throwing even though our wr's couldn't catch a cold.

I know it's not actually a trick, but Schotty seems to think it is. And 2 is true, but we were also facing a team with a 24th ranked run D. That's when you run the ball. LT and Greene were never given a chance to get into any kind of rythym. And yes dropped balls and missed receivers are blatant signs that the passing game isn't working. We got a lot of nice runs on 1st down and then went straight to the pass, and the Packers D knew what we were doing. Greene should have been pounding them in the 4th quarter, instead we decided to keep throwing even though our wr's couldn't catch a cold.

New word that should be banned: Rhythm. You don't force rhythm dude...That's like the opposite of rhythm at it's core.

Dropped balls and missing wide open recievers are not a blatant sign that the passing game is failing. How are guys getting wide open and dropping passes or not even getting the ball a sign that the passing offense isn't working? Isn't the point of a passing game to get guys open down the field where you can hit them with passes that nets bigger yardage than your typical run play? Is that not what they were a catch or pass away from getting?

You know what's a sign the running game isn't working? Less than 4 YPC and 0 TDs...the RBs got all of 3 carries less than they did in Denver, and in those 25 carries they produced 2 TDs against a Denver D that was game on stopping the run. One of those TDs would never have happened without one of those ridiculous pass calls.

New word that should be banned: Rhythm. You don't force rhythm dude...That's like the opposite of rhythm at it's core.

Dropped balls and missing wide open recievers are not a blatant sign that the passing game is failing. How are guys getting wide open and dropping passes or not even getting the ball a sign that the passing offense isn't working? Isn't the point of a passing game to get guys open down the field where you can hit them with passes that nets bigger yardage than your typical run play? Is that not what they were a catch or pass away from getting?

You know what's a sign the running game isn't working? Less than 4 YPC and 0 TDs...the RBs got all of 3 carries less than they did in Denver, and in those 25 carries they produced 2 TDs against a Denver D that was game on stopping the run. One of those TDs would never have happened without one of those ridiculous pass calls.

You are supposed to ride the hot hand. 3.4 ypc is hotter thn 3.4 drops per WR. Maybe the guy was just having an off day, but I'd rather force the running game than the pass. Especially with Sanchez.

By the guy I meant Cotchery.

You are supposed to ride the hot hand. 3.4 ypc is hotter thn 3.4 drops per WR. Maybe the guy was just having an off day, but I'd rather force the running game than the pass. Especially with Sanchez.

By the guy I meant Cotchery.

The problem with this is that one of your numbers is made up/exaggerated. There's a huge gap in 6 drops vs 22 drops...and moreso in 6 drops vs. 22 really mediocre at best runs. Maybe if drops were an epidemic on Sunday...and in a sense they were...but forcing the run is just asking for a really ugly, conservative loss when they're not running well...which they weren't. At least when the recievers did get the ball it was for large chunks of yards at a time...Cotchery, Keller, and Braylon all averaged over 20 yards a catch...Holmes was at 15ish...Tomlinson got 7...even Greene's one catch was for 10 yards (as in he picked up almost half his rushing yardage with one catch...had he caught the screen he would have topped his running total...they almost might have let him run more).

I hate the idea of forcing the offense to run...had we lost the game that way...and lets face it, they probably would have...nothing would be different except now Schottenheimer would be a bigger pussy for not using his full arsenal or weapons or something along those lines.

The problem with this is that one of your numbers is made up/exaggerated. There's a huge gap in 6 drops vs 22 drops...and moreso in 6 drops vs. 22 really mediocre at best runs. Maybe if drops were an epidemic on Sunday...and in a sense they were...but forcing the run is just asking for a really ugly, conservative loss when they're not running well...which they weren't. At least when the recievers did get the ball it was for large chunks of yards at a time...Cotchery, Keller, and Braylon all averaged over 20 yards a catch...Holmes was at 15ish...Tomlinson got 7...even Greene's one catch was for 10 yards (as in he picked up almost half his rushing yardage with one catch...had he caught the screen he would have topped his running total...they almost might have let him run more).

I hate the idea of forcing the offense to run...had we lost the game that way...and lets face it, they probably would have...nothing would be different except now Schottenheimer would be a bigger pussy for not using his full arsenal or weapons or something along those lines.

Of course it was a made up number, but 6 runs for Greene is an abomination. People would have called Schottenheimer a pussy for running more. I wouldn't. It should be this team's identity and I'd be proud of it. I'd run constantly with this team and I don't care what they spent on these stiffs.

this is the risk of being a "we're great, ourt best is better than your best" HC, when you have to crack the whip, sometimes it doesn't work

maybe leaving it to the coordinators will help some

professional pride needs to kick in

I think it will

I think they roll next week

Of course it was a made up number, but 6 runs for Greene is an abomination. People would have called Schottenheimer a pussy for running more. I wouldn't. It should be this team's identity and I'd be proud of it. I'd run constantly with this team and I don't care what they spent on these stiffs.

Greene ran 9 times against Denver..10 times against Minnesota...10 times against the Dolphins...It's an abomination because we lost, not because there wasn't enough Shonn Greene usage to save the game/day.

While I enjoy the fact that this team CAN run...I don't enjoy the idea that they should emphasize the run as they did last year....Not when they go out and get Edwards and Holmes after paying a top 5 pick and 50 million for a QB.

Greene ran 9 times against Denver..10 times against Minnesota...10 times against the Dolphins...It's an abomination because we lost, not because there wasn't enough Shonn Greene usage to save the game/day.

While I enjoy the fact that this team CAN run...I don't enjoy the idea that they should emphasize the run as they did last year....Not when they go out and get Edwards and Holmes after paying a top 5 pick and 50 million for a QB.

No. It's an abomination because it's happening. They should be aiming to get him 15 carries at least. Just because we beat Denver - a sh*tty team with a sh*tty defense without running him doesn't make it right. Your top 5 pick is still as raw as they come, and the other two are a 5th and 3rd round pick here. Let's not act like these guys equate to the Albert Haynesworth signing. They got Edwards and Holmes because they had worn out their welcomes elsewhere. This team is considerably better than the Packers and they still lost. At home.

A fumble and 4 ypc is better than Tomlinson.

There are only so many snaps in a given game.

I would rather have Tomlinson or Greene run it over Smith.

I would rather have Sanchez throw it over Smith.

Teams have seen Smith on tape; it's been scouted and will be defensed. There's no surprise to any of it. That may change if it dissappears for a while. And all the Seminole plays hint at the core problem; the OC falls in love with gimmicks and gadget plays rather than simply running the offense.

There are only so many snaps in a given game.

I would rather have Tomlinson or Greene run it over Smith.

I would rather have Sanchez throw it over Smith.

Teams have seen Smith on tape; it's been scouted and will be defensed. There's no surprise to any of it. That may change if it dissappears for a while. And all the Seminole plays hint at the core problem; the OC falls in love with gimmicks and gadget plays rather than simply running the offense.

I see where you are coming from, but I dont' agree - except for the OC falling in love with gimmicks. I'd rather seen Greene or Tomlinson run, but I'd just as soon see this as a Sanchez pass. Smith averages over 7ypc and you know that down the line, if teams start gearing up against the option he will throw like he did against the Colts. More importantly, the fumble was the first negative play I remember from it this year. Unlike Gatto, I don't mind Sanchez throwing less. Keep the pressure off him, like they did last season.

I really can't blame Schotty for this one. The bulk of the problem -to me- was clearly execution. But Schotty doesn't leave a game where his unit gets blanked without taking some justified heat.

I was very excited to actually see a couple screen passes thrown in this game. But in my opinion, Schotty got too cute by calling them for Greene instead of LT. Greene will struggle his entire career to catch a pass, LT does it effortlessly. BS tried to fool Green Bay too much there. The screen pass alone would've been surprise enough, and LT would've executed it.

This game reminded me of the Buffalo game last year where the Jets were close the entire time, but the offense seemed to be playing as if it were behind by more than a couple scores. More patience -more running- I think would've been more effective. Yes, the Jets have a $50M QB and a couple fancy weapons for him to throw to, but he's still a very green QB. In a game where the Jets are down a FG for three quarters, they should be systematically trying to win the field position battle. They lost that battle despite a great effort from the defense, and lost the game.

All this said, I think most people have to agree that if the Jets just make a couple easy plays, Brian Schottenheimer called a winning game. Sanchez hits Braylon for that 90 yard TD, it's a win. Holmes catches that crossing pattern and scores, it's a win.

Archived