Shawne Merriman put on waivers

Bergen Jet

I don't see anyone putting a waiver claim on him, but most likely will just wait till he passes waivers than sign him. I say **** it and put a claim on em, that'll show everyone else.

But in all seriousness, I would very much like to give this guy a try. I remember there were rumors of him wanting to be a jet back in march of this year, not sure if anyone remembers that??

I could see Rex wanting to use his services for a year. I mean we can damn well afford to get rid of one of our TE's to make room for someone to help out our LB depth, and maybe we can get some good play out of him. It's better than a roster spot by ppl that never see the field.

I actually like this guy. Met him back in San Diego. For some reason he always looks smaller to me than the size he is listed at. He is kind of a hard partyer but I think he's a pretty decent guy. I don't see any reason not to try him out here. I don't know how much he has in the tank, but there is no salary cap so why not pull out all the stops?

If he can give us some of a pass rush that makes this defense that much better. Plus I want to stick it to the Chargers, since I hate that franchise.

I don't know how I feel about Merriman. The Jets could use the pass rush help, but I'm far from convinced that he'd be the solution.

It's a decision that probably gets made for the Jets, anyway, not by them. Surely someone will put in a claim on him before it gets to the 5-2 Jets.

this guy is such a joke. As soon as he was off the juice he gets off the juice he is garbage. I have no idea why people still think he is good. He would never have been good in the first place had it not been for his drugs.

Total garbage, he deserves to be cut. I hope this hack is forced to find a real job.

this guy is such a joke. As soon as he was off the juice he gets off the juice he is garbage. I have no idea why people still think he is good. He would never have been good in the first place had it not been for his drugs.

Total garbage, he deserves to be cut. I hope this hack is forced to find a real job.

I've got news for you. He's still on the juice. Steroids didn't make that difference. The guys body may never be right again, but I'm sure he'll take every time of growth hormone and Russian cow steroid available to get it back to what it was.

Archived