Life's a bitch - for real

Garb

Recieved an email at work today. It was awful!

A woman who works at the same place that I do - different department - great, great lady - died unexpectedly today. She was late to work, really unlike her, so the dept director called her cell to see what the heck was going on. The husband answered the phone. He said that his wife suddenly passed away about an hour ago. She leaves behind two year old twin daughters. She had diabetes.

Life throws lessons your way for time to time. It's up to us to understand. Life is precious. Love to the fullest. Live to the fullest. Don't get caught up in the negative bullsh*t. Be kind. Take care of yourself.

I was supposed to watch football with my father 3 years ago. I got a call that he was going to go to the hospital because he was throwing up and very sick to his stomach. I headed on my way there thinking he had a stomach virus. I was thinking about how I was going to bust his chops for eating some grease truck lunch from some dive he liked. I actually stopped for gum on the way, not knowing that when I got to his house he would be dead from a massive heart attack. Life is a bitch, there's just nothing more that that fact. I'm sorry for your loss Garb.

Life is a bitch.

My Aunt just passed from Cancer yesterday.

Probably the 10th person I've lost in my extended family to Cancer. My folks are both survivors.

Cancer sucks.

Sorry to hear that, Spicoli. I wish your family the best.

Cancer is the ultimate SUCK. I lost my mom to that evilness. Lost my Grandpa, lost my cousin. Eff cancer.

Recieved an email at work today. It was awful!

A woman who works at the same place that I do - different department - great, great lady - died unexpectedly today. She was late to work, really unlike her, so the dept director called her cell to see what the heck was going on. The husband answered the phone. He said that his wife suddenly passed away about an hour ago. She leaves behind two year old twin daughters. She had diabetes.

Life throws lessons your way for time to time. It's up to us to understand. Life is precious. Love to the fullest. Live to the fullest. Don't get caught up in the negative bullsh*t. Be kind. Take care of yourself.

This is terrible, so sorry to hear this.

May she RIP.

Last night I got a flat tire, I rolled over a tiny piece of metal that put a small but significant gash that wrecked the tire. This morning, it cost me $170.00. As a recently returning grad student, I was pretty pissed off.

Today, I found out that a the son (23) of a former business associate of my dad's has stage four cancer, Hodgkin's lymphoma, with a tumor on his spine. His father fell on some hard times and he has no health insurance.

Moral: Don't sweat the small stuff and be thankful for every day.

Last night I got a flat tire, I rolled over a tiny piece of metal that put a small but significant gash that wrecked the tire. This morning, it cost me $170.00. As a recently returning grad student, I was pretty pissed off.

Today, I found out that a the son (23) of a former business associate of my dad's has stage four cancer, Hodgkin's lymphoma, with a tumor on his spine. His father fell on some hard times and he has no health insurance.

Moral: Don't sweat the small stuff and be thankful for every day.

Puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?

The problem is, the keen perspective never lasts. Sometimes I think that is why we get these reminders from time to time. The kick in the azz a lot of us need.

Puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?

The problem is, the keen perspective never lasts. Sometimes I think that is why we get these reminders from time to time. The kick in the azz a lot of us need.

I sure hope this kid didn't get sick to remind me that a $170.00 tire is really no big deal. But, regardless, message received.

His father is optimistic, but I'm not sure what that means as far as his prognosis, because that's always been his demeanor.

You're right about perspective though, it is fleeting. I should know better. I've been through some serious issues with my lungs, but every time I've been in the hospital, I've been put in the thoracic wing, which basically means, it's me, and people with lung cancer. During those times, I always knew I'd walk out of there, and many people around me would not. Still, it's easy to complain about the tire.

Sorry to hear about that Garb.

I've spent many, many evenings thinking about a lot of philosophical questions. I've questioned religion, science, quantum physics, politics, relationships, you name it.

When somebody dies, I actually feel happy for them. Not in some sick and twisted way. But I feel that all of us go through many journey's, and this stop here is simply one of the branches of them.

I selfishly miss everyone who has passed on. I miss my Mom the most, of course, but I am happy for them. In my view, I think that they all move on to the next step of the journey. Some of you may call it heaven, some of you may not. Whatever it is, it is unknown. And for human beings, anything unknown scares the crap out of us.

It's funny, but I think that once you grasp the belief that death is not scary, but simply a change, that is when you really begin to live. I know that is when it happened for me.

So, for you Garb, and all of the wonderful people that were touched by your coworker's life, I am sorry for your loss. However, I am glad that you were fortunate enough to have such a wonderful person that touched you in your lives.

For your coworker who passed, I am happy for her. She begins the next part of her journey, whatever that may be. Considering how much she appears to have touched your life, whatever is in store for her next, she'll probably be just as good at that, as she was being a person here. And that is something to be happy about.

Sorry for my rant, and I hope I didn't offend anyone. I just try to share some of my odd views from time to time that help me make my life happy.

Rest in Peace.

Archived