Jets watching the Taco's Body Language

SenorGato

BY MANISH MEHTA

The education of Mark Sanchez has officially entered the no pouting phase.

A year after the Jets instituted a color-coded system to help improve the quarterback's decision-making, the team has decided to fine Sanchez (a very nominal amount) if he displays poor body language in practice and games.

The team instituted a Bad Body Language System last week, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said. It’s similar to the light-hearted fines that the team imposed on Rex Ryan for eating pretzel M&Ms.

“It’s just fun stuff... if we see his body language get the best of him,” Schottenheimer said. “He’s a passionate guy that loves to play. So we just stay on him about that…. It’s a fun way for us to stay on him about, ‘Hey, look. You’re the leader. Stay composed. Handle your business: good, bad or indifferent.’”

For the record, Sanchez was fined twice today. Apparently, Mark Brunell played for teams that had similar fine systems in place. Sanchez actually asked to put the playful system in place.

“He’d be broke with the body language he had last year,” Schottenheimer cracked.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...#ixzz14Lnt2GRE

While I worry that this is asking Sanchez to be too mature too early, this might be a good long term move.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I worry that this is asking Sanchez to be too mature too early, this might be a good long term move.

It's a sad state of affairs when one has to worry that it's too much to ask that the ******* quarterback stop being a ******* baby. Not like we're asking him to throw a dig route or anything. Just no more this:

mark-sanchez-jets-patriots-22ff1aaf40c9f3c4_large.jpg

And no more this:

Mark-Sanchez.jpg

Ugh. The kid has been Jesus Christ Superstar since he was 14 years old. You have to wonder how he'll hold up if/when the fans start screaming about him sucking. He got a pass last year because he was a rookie. If, for any reason, this slump lasts a couple of weeks, he's going to start hearing boos like he's never heard in his life.

It's a sad state of affairs when one has to worry that it's too much to ask that the ******* quarterback stop being a ******* baby. Not like we're asking him to throw a dig route or anything. Just no more this:

Can Wrecks and the coaching staff embarrass this kid anymore?

First it's "red light, green light" and now this.

For crying out loud, he is a friggn' NFL professional QB. :blink:

Well look who was the most quoted person in the article...Maybe someone is just trying to throw someone else under the bus to save their job...dun dun dun.

Sanchez is a sensitive being and a winner his whole life. Something smells dirty vagina-y.

Can Wrecks and the coaching staff embarrass this kid anymore?

First it's "red light, green light" and now this.

For crying out loud, he is a friggn' NFL professional QB. :blink:

For the record, Sanchez was fined twice today. Apparently, Mark Brunell played for teams that had similar fine systems in place. Sanchez actually asked to put the playful system in place.

Not a huge fan of this sort of thing, but if this is true then at least Mark understands that it's an issue that needs to be addressed. I'd prefer a system that we never hear about, like maybe Mark Brunell slaps him in the head when he's slumped over or something.

Sanchez is a guy who plays off his emotion. He either needs to either learn how to play without that emotional boost, or how to control that emotion.

While this makes the story a bit more bearable, it still doesnt change the fact that its really really sad we are going through this with an NFL QB.

The dude looked like he was going to cry on the field last week. Thats not good. We saw him pouting like little bitch when Cavanaugh was trying to have him man up during Hard Knocks and everyone wanted to brush it aside and tell me its just production and a show. Well, its carried over. He needs a dose of reality. Maybe Rex should stage a fake fight with the Model like he did with Gholston. Kid needs to get punched in that pretty little face.

No offense, but that's pretty embarassing.

Plus, so the kid hates losing or making a bad play....makes him human, shows his competitive spirit....he pouts...so?? Can't the QB coach just say "hey, stop pouting - get 'em next time!" A fine system? And really - Brunell has seen this sort of thing before? Where? Does Tom Coughlin strike you as the type of coach who would implement the baby fine? Nope. Sean Payton? Doubtful. Was it during his time in Washington? Perhaps.

While this makes the story a bit more bearable, it still doesnt change the fact that its really really sad we are going through this with an NFL QB.

I think it makes it worse. The quarterback acts like a little girl, is aware that he acts like a little girl, and feels that an appropriate solution is making a game out of not acting like a little girl. Rex needs to get a handle on this sh*t. He excuses, enables, and caters to these retards like he learned absolutely nothing from the Revis debacle.

I think it makes it worse. The quarterback acts like a little girl, is aware that he acts like a little girl, and feels that an appropriate solution is making a game out of not acting like a little girl. Rex needs to get a handle on this sh*t. He excuses, enables, and caters to these retards like he learned absolutely nothing from the Revis debacle.

I dont know. I'm all about people that can look introspectively and make changes. However it has to be done. Game, punch in face, whatever.

I'm just upset we are going through this during the years we could actually be contenders.

Isn't he 23 or something? Do you know how 23 year olds are these days? We're a bunch of babies. The guy gets pissed when he sucks, but last time I checked he doesn't hold on to it and goes out and forgets it the next time he's on the field.

Nooooooo!!! He needs to start playing like a top 5 QB! He's a hardened veteran, don't you know this?

Sulking fines. Whats next, time outs for incompletions, no tv or video games after a loss?

FWIW

Omar Minaya tried tapping into the burgeoning NY metro area spanish sports fans.

How did that work out for him?

Jets draft another QB in 2 years.

Hopefully one that isnt a quiffy little sulker and can complete the occasional pass downfield.

What is Mark in kindegarten? First green light, red light. Now he gets a fine for sulking or pouting.

Okay, seriously, if all he is doing is getting down on himself when he makes a bad play, IMHO that is no big deal. If he is pointing at or blaming WR for incomplete passes, and based on the Edwards qoute it sounds like it...than that is something the team needs to address.

Sulking fines. Whats next, time outs for incompletions, no tv or video games after a loss?

FWIW

Omar Minaya tried tapping into the burgeoning NY metro area spanish sports fans.

How did that work out for him?

Jets draft another QB in 2 years.

Hopefully one that isnt a quiffy little sulker and can complete the occasional pass downfield.

What's difficult with Sanchez is that he has some of the things you really want in a QB that can't really be taught--plays well in big spots, not afraid of NY, accurate thrower--but he lacks a big arm, is smallish, and doesn't seem to read the field all that well. Personally, I'm hopeful that he's a star QB in the making, but I'm not going to bet my left nut on it happening. A year and a half in and he's still an enigma.

What is worse is this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/04/braylon-edwards-mark-sanchez-hasnt-earned-the-right-to-criticize-yet/

Braylon is an a@@hole. He's your QB. Respect him immediately and shut the eff up you self-absorbed, drunken doo-doo.

How can you all stand him?

But he's a really talented doo-doo. All receivers and corners are insanely narcissistic. If the light goes back on for Braylon, the Jets have a steal. If he (and/or Santonio) start to go into a funk when they realize they're going to have crap stats in a contract year, it's problems.

What is Mark in kindegarten? First green light, red light. Now he gets a fine for sulking or pouting.

Okay, seriously, if all he is doing is getting down on himself when he makes a bad play, IMHO that is no big deal. If he is pointing at or blaming WR for incomplete passes, and based on the Edwards qoute it sounds like it...than that is something the team needs to address.

Sulking, pouting, crying to referees, refusing handshakes, you have it all wrong, that's TOM CRYBRADY.

Sulking, pouting, crying to referees, refusing handshakes, you have it all wrong, that's TOM CRYBRADY.

When Taco can win 8 Division titles, 4 AFC Championships and 3 Super Bowl titles he can do anything he wants.

Until then, he's just acting like an immature little baby.

Archived