Jets watching the Taco's Body Language

SenorGato

Sulking, pouting, crying to referees, refusing handshakes, you have it all wrong, that's TOM CRYBRADY.

As I said... I don't see a problem if all he is doing is getting down on himself for making bad plays, in fact it is a good thing. However, if he is doing what Edwards is suggesting and blaming recievers for not catching his inaccuate passes than Mark has a problem.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Taco can win 8 Division titles, 4 AFC Championships and 3 Super Bowl titles he can do anything he wants.

Until then, he's just acting like an immature little baby.

WHat the f-has Cindy Brady done lately???? NOTHING

THe last time the Cheaters won ANYTHING Curtis Martin was toting the rock for the Jets, and Wayne Chrebet was catching it

As I said... I don't see a problem if all he is doing is getting down on himself for making bad plays, in fact it is a good thing. However, if he is doing what Edwards is suggesting and blaming recievers for not catching his inaccuate passes than Mark has a problem.

Which he isn't. Sanchez even actually took the blame for the Holmes drop saying he could have gotten the throw up a foot or so. Edwards is right in that Sanchez has not earned the right to critique his receivers yet. Sanchez never blames anyone for mistakes other than himself. This is much the same way it took Eli Manning a few years before making the Giants his team.

We've seen Peyton sulk, same for Brady, Cutler, Rivers and on and on. This is just a light hearted Jets initiated fine at Sanches's request that doomsdayers and trolls are making far too much out of. Brunnell said he has been on teams that did it and Carl Banks was on WFAN this morning saying Parcells had his own version for the exact same situations.

Now maybe they should institute a system whereby sh*ttenheimer gets fined every time he calls a bad play

That fine will come at the end of the year if Sanchez doesn't have this team in serious contention by then. Rex isn't going to let Mark and Schottenheimer be his albatrosses going into his third year, and he knows he can't get rid of Sanchez. Schotty, right or wrong, will be scapegoated if this team doesn't make a deep playoff run, IMO.

What is Mark in kindegarten? First green light, red light. Now he gets a fine for sulking or pouting.

Okay, seriously, if all he is doing is getting down on himself when he makes a bad play, IMHO that is no big deal. If he is pointing at or blaming WR for incomplete passes, and based on the Edwards qoute it sounds like it...than that is something the team needs to address.

You have it wrong.

Edwards was responding to the fact that Sanchez never blames his receivers, and probably put his foot in his mouth as he tried to explain why that is:

Braylon on quarterbacks and accountability

November, 4, 2010

NOV 4

10:34

PM ET

By Rich CiminiFLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Say this for Mark Sanchez: He never criticizes his teammates. After Sunday's 9-0 loss to the Green Bay Packers, a game in which his receivers dropped six passes, Sanchez didn't point fingers, putting most of the blame on himself.

It raises an interesting topic, the delicate balance a quarterback always faces: When to accept blame and when to be critical of others.

Jets WR Braylon Edwards discussed the topic Thursday with reporters. In an earlier version of this post, it may have appeared that Edwards was directly criticizing Sanchez. While the general conversation was about Sanchez, the question that elicited the following response pertained to quarterbacks in general.

"Once a quarterback gets to a certain point, where his mistakes are far and few between ... it's hard to be that (critical) when your mistakes are at a substantial level," Edwards said. "That happens with more experience. That happens with more consistency. Then you get that respect when it becomes second nature.

"Hey, a guy drops a pass, (you say), 'You gotta catch that for me.' It's the same when a guy runs the wrong route or gets the wrong depth or a lineman jumps offsides. Then, that's when it's, 'Hey, man, I need you. You can't be doing that stuff.' The Peyton Mannings of the world (can say that). It takes consistency."

Can Wrecks and the coaching staff embarrass this kid anymore?

First it's "red light, green light" and now this.

For crying out loud, he is a friggn' NFL professional QB. :blink:

Agreed.

Phil Simms was an emotional QB who played his entire career with bad body language. Ditto Bradshaw, Stabler, and our own beloved Namath, all of whom you can see in various NFL Films kicking the dirt or walking off the field pouting after an interception. Even The Great Manning, who in my mind, is the King of Bad Body Language when adversity hits. Doesn't mean he can't play.

Rex and company are going to far with the way they treat this kid. Let him play, make mistakes and learn like every other QB that's ever played.

They got this kid wound so tight he doesn't know whether to sh*t or wind his wristwatch.

Enough of the nonsense.

Agreed.

Phil Simms was an emotional QB who played his entire career with bad body language. Ditto Bradshaw, Stabler, and our own beloved Namath, all of whom you can see in various NFL Films kicking the dirt or walking off the field pouting after an interception. Even The Great Manning, who in my mind, is the King of Bad Body Language when adversity hits. Doesn't mean he can't play.

Rex and company are going to far with the way they treat this kid. Let him play, make mistakes and learn like every other QB that's ever played.

They got this kid wound so tight he doesn't know whether to sh*t or wind his wristwatch.

Enough of the nonsense.

Excellent post, they should worry more about what's effecting the game on the field!

That fine will come at the end of the year if Sanchez doesn't have this team in serious contention by then. Rex isn't going to let Mark and Schottenheimer be his albatrosses going into his third year, and he knows he can't get rid of Sanchez. Schotty, right or wrong, will be scapegoated if this team doesn't make a deep playoff run, IMO.

Yep...this team succeeds and he'll get whatever job he wants that is available this offseason...This team and this QB fails this year and he's making a lateral move in some other organization or taking a lesser role in another organization....possibly coordinating the Browns if Mangini manages to survive there

I hope Sanchez steps his game up because through these Schotty debates I've actually legit come to appreciate the job Schottenheimer has and does. That said, I've got a couple guys in mind that I'd like to see at least get a look as the next OC...I'm not such a Cavanaugh fan that I think he should be the next one...and I'm pretty meh on Callahan, easily the most overrated coach on this staff. He's the Bob Sutton of the offense. It's not even that he's bad, it's that this is a young team with alot of energy and...well it's just a different dynamic....Callahan's an older coach and that might work at OC somewhere else, but I'm not sure it'd work here. I'd take Cavanaugh over Callahan if it came to that...at least I know Rex and Cavanaugh have a business relationship.

Dream guy would be McDaniels, but there is no chance in hell of that happening.

After that I'd look at Whisenhunt's staff...maybe Grimm, but probably not...McNulty the WRs coach is interesting...Brian Pariani from the Texans is interesting...There's a decent list that could be made...

PS: I expected maybe a couple of "oh sh*t that's kinda funny" replies...3 pages...who knew?

It doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks or wants. Cavanaugh wasn't brought here to be our QB coach for the next decade.

You're perfectly right...which is why I brought Cavanaugh up at all. His resume isn't mind blowing, but very few coordinators have mind blowing resumes unless they've proven to suck as head coaches.

The job's certainly not going to Callahan...

Sanchez has been nothing but a stand up guy. He out dueled Rodgers last Sunday and his receiving core played like turds! The Jets are only the second team since 1991 to get shut out despite having three plays of 30+ yards.

is this TMZ or something ?

wtf......

The Jets have been a highly rated weekly reality show for about 3 months now, at least. Are they the best? Who stops them from being the best? How funny is that guy? How stupid is that guy? How awesome is that guy? How selfish is that guy? D'you hear about that girl who cried wolf, by wolf I mean harassment? Why doesn't that guy look excited? Why does he look angry?

The only thing embarrassing about this, is the people over-analyzing and critiquing it.

Just like Rex's "snack fine" on Hard Knocks, this is just meant to serve as a playful reminder.

For Rex the playful reminder was, stop eating you fat ****.

For Mark it is stop pouting like Brady, you ******* pussy.

We should have a stop reading into this fine for some of the loons on this site.

Yea, the Jets gunslinger outdueled Rodgers with a 42% completion rate, 0 TD passes and 2 INT's.

Both QBs played badly but Rodgers played worse than Sanchez...despite the stat line. Drops and letting defenders wrestle the ball away is clearly not on Sanchez. A lot of QBs would have been ripping into players on the sidelines...

Archived