Rapid Reaction

sh4dy15

For the second time in three games, Mark Sanchez led a fourth-quarter comeback win -- the only two of his career. He was mediocre for 56 minutes, but he perked up as soon as the offense went into a hurry-up mode. He likes the two-minute offense, and had been asking to do it earlier. He showed poise and patience in the pocket, leading three scoring drives.

This is just a little part of Cimini's article, who I cant stand but what I have in bold is a huge issue if this is truly the case. If Sanchez likes the hurry up offense and performs well in it then why the **** arent they using it more?! I understand there is sometimes when they want to keep possession for longer periods of time but why not switch it up to that every once in a while? Peyton Manning basically runs a hurry up the whole game. Schotty definitely has Sanchez overthinking for half the game. They need to let this kid play.

This is just a little part of Cimini's article, who I cant stand but what I have in bold is a huge issue if this is truly the case. If Sanchez likes the hurry up offense and performs well in it then why the **** arent they using it more?! I understand there is sometimes when they want to keep possession for longer periods of time but why not switch it up to that every once in a while? Peyton Manning basically runs a hurry up the whole game. Schotty definitely has Sanchez overthinking for half the game. They need to let this kid play.

+1 The coaching staff should be recognizing his strengths and weaknesses.

+1 The coaching staff should be recognizing his strengths and weaknesses.

Exactly. "He had been asking to do it earlier"?! Then do it, wtf. We have a great defense too so its not like we need to go into that mode of wanting to keep their offense off the field!

I agree we should mix in some hurry up to keep the defense off balance sinc sh*tty has no idea how to do that. But when it comes to keeping the defense off the field were not doing that by going 3 and out for most of the game so really whats the difference ? We would be scoring some points :)

What I found interesting was during the start of the Drill, Sancheze was looking to the sideline with hands raised like " hurry up tell me the play you want shotty!"

I was screaming at the TV for Mark to just say F*** it and call his own play.

Mark will be better w/o Shotty next year

What I found interesting was during the start of the Drill, Sancheze was looking to the sideline with hands raised like " hurry up tell me the play you want shotty!"

I saw that too! I feel like I see Sanchez do that a lot, wtf is Schotty doing over there that takes him so long to get the damn play to him?

I agree we should mix in some hurry up to keep the defense off balance sinc sh*tty has no idea how to do that. But when it comes to keeping the defense off the field were not doing that by going 3 and out for most of the game so really whats the difference ? We would be scoring some points :)

Exactly. I wouldnt even care if they ran a quicker offense the whole game and just mixed in some slow downs. It would stop both Schotty and Mark from overthinking and trying to "out smart" the other team. The Jets, believe it or not for the first time in a long time, can win on sheer talent.

I saw that and was livid. This needs to be addressed and corrected sooner than later.

I think we already do that but its 9 plays not 10... :rolleyes:

No way. Schotty is over there thinking he's a mad scientist trying to come up with plays that will out smart the other team and makes Sanchez look like he doesnt know what to do. It obvious Mark has the talent when he is making quicker decisions.

rex mentioned this in his post game, I wouldn't be surprised to see the jets use it more often

he mentioned that shotty and sanchez were campaining for it, but he wanted ground and pound

this suggests that shotty has to go through rex for his game planning and calls, so any criticism of shotty has to include rex

rex mentioned this in his post game, I wouldn't be surprised to see the jets use it more often

he mentioned that shotty and sanchez were campaining for it, but he wanted ground and pound

this suggests that shotty has to go through rex for his game planning and calls, so any criticism of shotty has to include rex

Impossible. Rex is fat and jolly and funny and cool and neat and he makes me feel all warm and merry. It can't be his fault

Impossible. Rex is fat and jolly and funny and cool and neat and he makes me feel all warm and merry. It can't be his fault

Rex wanting g/p makes sense... ideally running the ball is good for the D. it keeps the game close, with that D they have win 6 and lost 2 by a combined 10 points.

still the Jets are going about it all wrong. they need the pass to set up the run not other way around. 2 minute offense could be something we see more of... if the kid gets his way

Rex wanting g/p makes sense... ideally running the ball is good for the D. it keeps the game close, with that D they have win 6 and lost 2 by a combined 10 points.

still the Jets are going about it all wrong. they need the pass to set up the run not other way around. 2 minute offense could be something we see more of... if the kid gets his way

g/p = stupid

i'd LOVE to see 2 minute offense. Throw to win.

if your defense is good it doesn't need to be covered by ball control, clock draining offense

I saw that too! I feel like I see Sanchez do that a lot, wtf is Schotty doing over there that takes him so long to get the damn play to him?

I believe we saw a very similar scene in week one, towards the end of the game... Sanchez wasn't getting the plays from Schotty.

I look at it like this... great chess players always think a couple moves ahead. If Schotty is struggling to come up with a play call in the moment, then there is no way that he is thinking a couple plays ahead. I wonder how often he freaks out and just sends in an untimely run up the gut... oh, every first down, nevermind.

Totally not true.

Schotty can be blamed for anything. It doesn't even have to be true or accurate. B)

g/p = stupid

i'd LOVE to see 2 minute offense. Throw to win.

if your defense is good it doesn't need to be covered by ball control, clock draining offense

Thats what I dont understand either, I know he wants to keep the D off the field but our defense is pretty damn good. Let the offense play, use the hurry up if thats what Sanchez is most successful in, and if the D is getting tired THEN slow it up a little. They need to mix it up and change the pace. That will help both passing and running game plus keep the defense on its toes. I wasnt aware until last game that Sanchez was actually MORE comfortable in a hurry up but it makes sense because it gives him (and Schotty) less time to overthink. I feel like Rex of all people should know that ground and pound is great AT TIMES but it does not win you superbowls anymore and although shaky at times I feel Sanchez has the ability to lead this team.

Damien Woody said Mark works better in it too because he calls the shots and leads the offense... maybe even when nto in the hurry up Sanchez should have more flexibility...

I know Rex is pretty stubborn with the ground and pound but he needs to do what makes his QB comfortable as well. They need to go into that hurry up more often and let the kid just play and not think so much. It'll make the team better in all aspects, including making Schotty a better OC by not having him try to out think the defense and just moving the ball.

Damien Woody said Mark works better in it too because he calls the shots and leads the offense... maybe even when nto in the hurry up Sanchez should have more flexibility...

Bullsh*t.

After week 1 Mark was crying that there were too many audibles and requested they restrict them and just pick plays and run. Baltimore was baiting him and he was a sucker - but we all blamed Schotty.

Thats what I dont understand either, I know he wants to keep the D off the field but our defense is pretty damn good. Let the offense play, use the hurry up if thats what Sanchez is most successful in, and if the D is getting tired THEN slow it up a little. They need to mix it up and change the pace. That will help both passing and running game plus keep the defense on its toes. I wasnt aware until last game that Sanchez was actually MORE comfortable in a hurry up but it makes sense because it gives him (and Schotty) less time to overthink. I feel like Rex of all people should know that ground and pound is great AT TIMES but it does not win you superbowls anymore and although shaky at times I feel Sanchez has the ability to lead this team.

I agree with all of this.

Also think Cleveland will be ready for some form of hurry up offense during the course of the game, as this seems to be getting a lot of attention.

I think mixing it up is key. Catch them in a personnel package you like, then run the no huddle for a stretch. Jets can spread the field from their base package of Holmes, Edwards, Keller, and LT. The defense sees that group in the huddle, and they're going to be lined to up stop the run. The Jets should really be able to exploit that - rather than run right into it.

+1 this quote reminds me of the time when Favre was here and he couldn't audible at the line in the beginning of the season. Along with that Pennington said something along the lines of Schotty handcuffed him with play calling in his last season. I really really hope that a team takes Schotty off our hands because he is the reason why this offense cannot hit its full potential. Said it last week and will continue to say it --- feed Braylon the ball. Sure the force feeding to Santonio worked out well on the big gain in OT but keep with the bread and butter of Braylon and Keller

Bullsh*t.

After week 1 Mark was crying that there were too many audibles and requested they restrict them and just pick plays and run. Baltimore was baiting him and he was a sucker - but we all blamed Schotty.

NOt bullsh*t it was what Woody said and what happened...

oh and Week one was different... that was shotty forcing Mark to decide between two set plays based on what the defense showed.

NOt bullsh*t it was what Woody said and what happened...

oh and Week one was different... that was shotty forcing Mark to decide between two set plays based on what the defense showed.

It's different? How? Sanchez had choices and complained about it. You want to give him more now. Did he grow up that much in 7 weeks? Just because he seems more comfortable doesn't mean that he's demonstrated a full grasp of the offense or deserves more autonomy. Every QB looks better in the 2 minute. Defenses are trying to kill clock and playing prevent. Remember when Mangini coached the Jets? Other DCs aren't bringing it every down with 1:45 to play.

He might do better with some hurry up mixed in. It goes 100% against the identity of the team. Ground and pound and play D. They aren't trying to be the Colts and IMO it would be a mistake to try.

It's different? How? Sanchez had choices and complained about it. You want to give him more now. Did he grow up that much in 7 weeks? Just because he seems more comfortable doesn't mean that he's demonstrated a full grasp of the offense or deserves more autonomy. Every QB looks better in the 2 minute. Defenses are trying to kill clock and playing prevent. Remember when Mangini coached the Jets? Other DCs aren't bringing it every down with 1:45 to play.

He might do better with some hurry up mixed in. It goes 100% against the identity of the team. Ground and pound and play D. They aren't trying to be the Colts and IMO it would be a mistake to try.

Actually that HASNT been the identity of this team so far this year. Take a look at the numbers. Thats what Rex wants it to be because he feels it benefits his defense but if Mark plays well in the hurry up and they let him play they can have success in the passing game as well which will open up the run. We couldnt run sh*t last game because they just stacked the box. You say the Raven game wasnt different?! haha Really? They werent letting Mark do sh*t! Schotty (or Rex) clearly had him in handcuffs and it was obvious check downs were the plays he was told to make.

Let the kid play and let him be in an offense he comfortable in, if its the hurry up start to mix it in. Slow the game up in certain moments when you feel you need to.

Actually that HASNT been the identity of this team so far this year. Take a look at the numbers. Thats what Rex wants it to be because he feels it benefits his defense but if Mark plays well in the hurry up and they let him play they can have success in the passing game as well which will open up the run. We couldnt run sh*t last game because they just stacked the box. You say the Raven game wasnt different?! haha Really? They werent letting Mark do sh*t! Schotty (or Rex) clearly had him in handcuffs and it was obvious check downs were the plays he was told to make.

Let the kid play and let him be in an offense he comfortable in, if its the hurry up start to mix it in. Slow the game up in certain moments when you feel you need to.

Go read the articles. The Ravens were laughing at him because they were baiting Sanchez into killing plays and he was screwing the pooch. Sanchez complained that he just wanted to run the plays. They simplified it thereafter and had more success. They couldn't run against the Lions because they stacked the box? They threw the ball more than they passed it. They threw more than they did against the Packers too. Stacked box or not if they don't make plays, they don't make plays. You can't blame Schott for drops, but you will. I blame Ellard even their big plays (Edwards bomb and Holmes) were not clean hand catches.

I don't want to "let the kid play". I don't want him to be comfortable. I want to win.

Go read the articles. The Ravens were laughing at him because they were baiting Sanchez into killing plays and he was screwing the pooch. Sanchez complained that he just wanted to run the plays. They simplified it thereafter and had more success. They couldn't run against the Lions because they stacked the box? They threw the ball more than they passed it. They threw more than they did against the Packers too. Stacked box or not if they don't make plays, they don't make plays. You can't blame Schott for drops, but you will. I blame Ellard even their big plays (Edwards bomb and Holmes) were not clean hand catches.

So you're gonna blame Sanchez for the drops? lol Say what you will but the Jets are 6-2 because of Sanchez's play. His receiver have been less than impressive, outside of Edwards, and if they throw the ball more it will open up the run again. No kidding we threw it more than ran it because they stacked the box, that was my whole point. Theyre trying to make Sanchez beat them and if they show that he can, which he definitely can if comfortable in the offense, then the run will open up again.

I don't want to "let the kid play". I don't want him to be comfortable. I want to win.

We're 6-2.

Archived