Peter, king of douches picks Browns and Pats to win

JetsFanInDenver

Here is justification for Browns beating the JETS:

Not even sure we should call this an upset, though by Vegas rules it would be. Last two games: Browns 64, Saints/Pats 31 ... Peyton Hillis 253 rushing yards ... Colt McCoy, 66-percent passing, zero turnovers, one sack taken. Folks, if you think these Browns are flukes, you're not watching.

And here is why Pasterisks are favored over Steelers:

Game of the year so far. That's how this one will play out. Pats are 3-1 in Pittsburgh in this century, and fire alarms have been sounding all over the locker room and practice facility this week. Big game for Bill Belichick. Very big game. And with Pittsburgh down three big players since August -- tackles Max Starks and Willie Colon, and defensive end Aaron Smith -- that'll be just enough dents in the armor for the Patriots to take advantage.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/11/nfl.week.10.picks/index.html#ixzz151iK0bg7

Here is justification for Browns beating the JETS:

Not even sure we should call this an upset, though by Vegas rules it would be. Last two games: Browns 64, Saints/Pats 31 ... Peyton Hillis 253 rushing yards ... Colt McCoy, 66-percent passing, zero turnovers, one sack taken. Folks, if you think these Browns are flukes, you're not watching.

And here is why Pasterisks are favored over Steelers:

Game of the year so far. That's how this one will play out. Pats are 3-1 in Pittsburgh in this century, and fire alarms have been sounding all over the locker room and practice facility this week. Big game for Bill Belichick. Very big game. And with Pittsburgh down three big players since August -- tackles Max Starks and Willie Colon, and defensive end Aaron Smith -- that'll be just enough dents in the armor for the Patriots to take advantage.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz151iK0bg7

see if you can find what he said about pats*/browns....that should be funny

see if you can find what he said about pats*/browns....that should be funny

Peter King, Sports Illustrated: Patriots 23,Browns 13. "In his first three NFL starts, Colt McCoy has faced the best team in football, Week 6 version (Steelers, at Pittsburgh); the defending Super Bowl champion (Saints, at New Orleans;, and the best team in football, Week 9 version (Patriots, at home). That'd be like Colt, the ex-Texas QB, opening his college career at Alabama, at Oregon and home to Oklahoma. Brutal. If he comes out of it even 1-2 and completing 63-ish percent, the Browns have to give him the rest of the year to see if he might be the answer."

Peter King, Sports Illustrated: Patriots 23,Browns 13. "In his first three NFL starts, Colt McCoy has faced the best team in football, Week 6 version (Steelers, at Pittsburgh); the defending Super Bowl champion (Saints, at New Orleans;, and the best team in football, Week 9 version (Patriots, at home). That'd be like Colt, the ex-Texas QB, opening his college career at Alabama, at Oregon and home to Oklahoma. Brutal. If he comes out of it even 1-2 and completing 63-ish percent, the Browns have to give him the rest of the year to see if he might be the answer."

wow, what an odd prediction. uses the browns game to try to show off about his knowledge of college football and doesn't even mention the ambiguosuly gay duo

wow, what an odd prediction. uses the browns game to try to show off about his knowledge of college football and doesn't even mention the ambiguosuly gay duo

This is what he would have said if we were playing the Browns last week:

:)

This is what he would have said if we were playing the Browns last week:

:)

Come on, would it really be such a shock if the Jets lost to the Browns and the Pats beat the Steelers this weekend?? How long have you been watching football? Do you think any of theses teams are unbeatable this year?

Come on, would it really be such a shock if the Jets lost to the Browns and the Pats beat the Steelers this weekend?? How long have you been watching football? Do you think any of theses teams are unbeatable this year?

No.

People here are just more shocked that Peter King got his fingers out of Bill Belichick's bunghole long enough to type out his predictions for this week.

Pats were surprised by the Browns, who they expected to dominate after Cleveland's flukey win over New Orleans. The Jets shouldn't be coming into the game with the same sort of overconfidence after seeing the Browns completely dominate the Pats from start to finish last week.

Don't think the Steelers will be overconfident, either. They'll just play defense. Something the Pats don't really bother with this season.

No.

People here are just more shocked that Peter King got his fingers out of Bill Belichick's bunghole long enough to type out his predictions for this week.

Pats were surprised by the Browns, who they expected to dominate after Cleveland's flukey win over New Orleans. The Jets shouldn't be coming into the game with the same sort of overconfidence after seeing the Browns completely dominate the Pats from start to finish last week.

Don't think the Steelers will be overconfident, either. They'll just play defense. Something the Pats don't really bother with this season.

And yet they have the same record as the mighty Jets, go figure. :confused0082:

Powerful response there. Let's see what this weekend brings. I'm guessing you're down with Peter King?

I have no problem saying that I don't really know what to expect. In the past Vetran Patriot teams responded really well after taking the kind of beating they took from the Browns, this team is very young so I don't know how they will respond. I will say this, I'll be shocked if they don't play far better than they did last week. As for the Jets, they haven't been playing well and the Browns are, so it wouldn't be crazy to think the Jets get beat on the road. As I said, this year more than most there is no team that can't be beat by just about anyone on any Sunday. By the way, the response doesn't have to be "powerful" just true. ;)

Pats beating the Steelers would be a mild shocker, but I could see them bouncing back and beating them as well.

Browns beating the Jets makes sense to me. If we continue to play with this anemic offense we could easily lose this game 13-3. On the same hand Browns are due for a letdown and hopefully the Jets are due to fire it up again.

I think it's just the way King sucks at objectivity.

I think it's just the way King sucks at objectivity.

Yeah I think that is the issue here. His rationale is that the Browns racked up a bunch of rushing yards on two bad defensive teams as a validation for the Browns. What would have made more sense was to simply say the Jets are finding ways to beat themselves and as the Browns have shown in their last two games they are a very opportunistic bunch that plays hard. Thats pretty much the truth. But to somehow decide the Browns are better than the rest of the teams in the AFC North off these two wins (which he does by stating that the Pats will go into Pittsburgh and win) is nuts.

Yeah I think that is the issue here. His rationale is that the Browns racked up a bunch of rushing yards on two bad defensive teams as a validation for the Browns. What would have made more sense was to simply say the Jets are finding ways to beat themselves and as the Browns have shown in their last two games they are a very opportunistic bunch that plays hard. Thats pretty much the truth. But to somehow decide the Browns are better than the rest of the teams in the AFC North off these two wins (which he does by stating that the Pats will go into Pittsburgh and win) is nuts.

This is exactly way it is. If we go out their and give them anything, THEY WILL TAKE IT, they will not give us a chance to beat them later in the game. If the fumbles, drop passes and bad reads continue Im not confident this team will be dropping interceptions and give Sanchez do-over's. This team will prey on him and this game could easily be out of reach by the 4th quarter.

On the defensive side of the ball, I might being showing my green, I don;t think Hillis runs on us for 100 early. I really don;t. I also don;t think Colt Mccoy can win this game with his arm. Browns receiving core is pedestrian. My biggest concern on D is Mccoy beating us with his legs on the scramble. We have let QB's run into the middle of the field on scrabmles for chunks of yardage to extend drives. We need to get them off the field and keep Hillis form tiring out our defense. If our O can;t stay on the field he may start getting chunks late in the game.

This game scares my fatness.

On the defensive side of the ball, I might being showing my green, I don;t think Hillis runs on us for 100 early. I really don;t. I also don;t think Colt Mccoy can win this game with his arm. Browns receiving core is pedestrian. My biggest concern on D is Mccoy beating us with his legs on the scramble. We have let QB's run into the middle of the field on scrabmles for chunks of yardage to extend drives. We need to get them off the field and keep Hillis form tiring out our defense. If our O can;t stay on the field he may start getting chunks late in the game.

This game scares my fatness.

Going into the Pats game last week, Hillis had some fumbles this year. Instead of just trying to tackle him, the Pats tried putting a helmet and shoulder on the ball and also trying to strip the ball. With high contact, Hillis just ran over the Pats defenders.

If the Jets just bring him down, and also gang-tackle, Hillis shouldn't be a problem.

McCoy was very impressive last week. However, it looked like he was only focused on his primary receiver. Unfortunately, the Pats couldn't cover the primary and McCoy made great throws very quickly.

I think if the Jets force him to go through his progressions, you'll see a different QB.

Come on, you think that if the JETS were playing the Steelers and Pats were playing the Browns his predictions and justification would have been the exact same.

Come on, you think that if the JETS were playing the Steelers and Pats were playing the Browns his predictions and justification would have been the exact same.

Maybe, but Jet fans act like anyone picking against them is either crazy or a homer. Sorry but it's safe to say there has been alot of money made betting against the Jets.

Maybe, but Jet fans act like anyone picking against them is either crazy or a homer. Sorry but it's safe to say there has been alot of money made betting against the Jets.

Meanwhile there are Jets fans here picking against us every week.

YOU ARE A DOUCHE!

Archived