Focused Pennington gets loose at practice 11/12

Pac

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, another classic post. Maybe I should go listen to some Rick Ross to pump myself up. I personally can't stand Eminems whiny yelling flow.

me neither. plus he acted like a bitch at the vma's that year when he threatened to punch moby after he booed for calling him a faggot.

me neither. plus he acted like a bitch at the vma's that year when he threatened to punch moby after he booed for calling him a faggot.

Eminem has issues, I've been turned off from him since he made a song/rant about murdering his wife.

The guy definitely has a couple of screws losse.

Eminem has issues, I've been turned off from him since he made a song/rant about murdering his wife.

The guy definitely has a couple of screws losse.

he just tries a bit too hard to be a thug. insane clown posse had a great parody of him called slim anus. christina aguilera had a good diss of him too.

What Im using the same overblown bullsh*t that you spew out on a regular basis . According to you, I think Chad is the best QB who ever put on a pair of shoulder pads, which is obviously not true but you push threads in that direction trying to piss me off. If your a politician your a pretty bad one. Now go stand in the corner

Wrong again. I accuse you of adoration. I think you know damn well he's an extremely limited QB but defend the guy like he's a special olympiad instead of a multi-million dollar athlete. Actually, in a way, you are more insulting then I am. I treat pennington like an adult man capable of taking critiscm, you baby him like a child or handicapped

Yes, but is he laughing because he didnt know the lyrics or because he's a big goofy country bumpkin goober?

What an inspiration he is. Setting himself apart from the team by dancing like a 'goober' while they're all stretching. Do leaders make spectacles of themselves?

Wrong again. I accuse you of adoration.

Which is just plain silly.

My arguement is and alsways has been that Chad has lacked anything resembling talent around him his entire career. That being said, there still is no proof he would succeed in that situation either. Its all speculation, but since hes an accurate passer one could assume if hes getting ball in his playmakers hands at a 66% rate said play makers would make sh*t happen. He has never had close to the talent some of the other big name QB's have had. I even had some posters here just 3 or 4 years ago saying the Jets had better recievers than Jennings and Driver on Green Bay while making the arguement a broken down Coles and a Young Jerricho Cotchery were way better, that and the Jets not having a back who could catch out of the backfield or anything resembling a TE.

You look at Manning, Ryan, Rivers, Brees, Schaub, Rodgers, Favre with Minny, Rapest, Brady and compare those skill players with the Jets of the past 3 years of Penny and his first year with the Fins. Tell me what you get.

People make the Joe Montana reference because Joe never had a strong arm but he did have insane talent around him at every single skill position every year he played. Not to take anything away from Joe ( IMO top 1 or 2 of all time) but he played within the offense Walsh designed and it was a short passing ball control offense where absolutely fantastic skill players made the plays they were supposed to make. There was alomst no way to defend that team and Joe got them the football at around a 63 % clip. If Joe was here with the Jets talent from 02 to 07 do you doubt he would struggle ? of course he would because Joe had trouble throwing the 15 yard out as well, which is why Walsh attacked the middle of the field with his RB's and TE's and ran slants inside with his WR's

Thats my arguement and it has NOTHING to do with adoration its based on facts. Easy comparison was Favres last year here compared to his first year in Minny do the math .

All the NY Jets ever had to do in 02 and on was give their PROCLAIMED Franchise QB some weapons Just like all the teams and QBs mentioned above did. To proclaim a franchise QB then not surreound him with talent in a market as big as NY is F@cking inexcusable.

The only thing that really matters is that Pennington starting right now makes the Fish a better team right now.

I don’t like that

I dont like it either. Im not sure he can pull off a playoff run though. Im not sure 10-6 is a guaranteed WC berth this year Jets Steelers Pats Ravens - 2 of those teams will be WC In my opinion

I dont like it either. Im not sure he can pull off a playoff run though. Im not sure 10-6 is a guaranteed WC berth this year Jets Steelers Pats Ravens - 2 of those teams will be WC In my opinion

After the Titans the only tough games the Fish have left is the Jets, and Pats. They almost have to beat both of them. Not likely, But………………………………..............

Ijust don't like Pennington taking over in this situation

honestly this is my fav site, any jn members in miami come thriugh to kitchen 305, I got you, we poppin bottles, your my guest. Hot latin women all around.

You poppin bottles of that Goose? Hot latin women you say? Interesting.

Miami Dolphins' Chad Pennington aims to make his third big comeback Joe Rimkus Jr./Miami Herald

Enlarge Photo Miami Dolphins quarterback Chad Pennington gestures during a news conference in Davie, Fla., Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010.

Posted: 8:48 p.m. Friday, Nov. 12, 2010

Post a Comment E-mail Print ShareLarger Type Small Type

DAVIE — Coming from nowhere to rescue his team is nothing new for Chad Pennington.

In 2006, he came back from shoulder surgery to lead the New York Jets to a 10-6 record - a six-game improvement - and a wild-card playoff berth.

In 2008, he fell into Miami's lap in training camp after being dumped by the Jets and helped turn a 1-15 team into an 11-5 division winner.

Both times he was named the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year.

Now, with the Dolphins at 4-4 and their playoff hopes in jeopardy, coach Tony Sparano has asked Pennington to lift his team yet again.

"I don't have a magic wand," Pennington said Wednesday after Sparano announced that starting quarterback Chad Henne would be benched. "I'm going to need the help of every one of those guys in the locker room."

Pennington, who hasn't played since a shoulder injury ended his 2009 season in Week 3, will be under center Sunday when the Dolphins take on the Tennessee Titans in search of their first home win of the season.

Henne started the first eight games, but Sparano decided to make the switch with the offense having stalled. Henne has eight touchdowns passes, 10 interceptions and a 78.5 passer rating, and the offense produced only 12 touchdowns in half a season.

"Coach said we needed a spark," Henne said.

Enter Pennington. Throughout his career, he has shown an uncanny ability to provide whatever his team is lacking - whether it's a big play on the field, leadership in the meeting room or a moment of light-heartedness in a tense situation.

Take the Friday before the Oct. 17 game at Green Bay, for example.

The Dolphins were tight. Their previous game was a 41-14 loss to New England that cost the special-teams coach his job. They had a bye week after that loss, so they had almost two weeks to stew over it.

Pennington thought a team stretching period was the right time to break the foul mood.

Suddenly, the Eminem song Lose Yourself began blaring on the sound system inside the practice bubble. Pennington, who grew up on bluegrass in Knoxville, Tenn., jumped up and rapped every lyric of the song, to the howling delight of his teammates.

"That was awesome," Sparano said at the time. "That's a smart player knowing that after living with the taste that you've had in your mouth, (his) teammates need a little something."

Dolphins radio analyst Jim Mandich, a standout with the club in the 1970s, said Pennington is "one of the most unique individuals we've ever had in the Dolphin locker room.

"Everybody on that team looks to him for leadership," Mandich added. "Even the kid that was benched this week thinks the world of Chad Pennington."

Friday, with the Dolphins nearing the end of another difficult week, Pennington pulled off his Eminem act again.

"It's always fun when you can get away from the seriousness and joke around for a minute," receiver Davone Bess said. "He definitely knows the time and place for it."

In 2006 with the Jets, Pennington showed the poise to ignore critical fans, many of whom had cheered when he was injured because they wanted another quarterback. He also took a pay cut to make sure the Jets had salary-cap space to sign receiver Laveranues Coles.

"When he got hurt up here and the fans started to cheer, Chad took it in stride," Jets radio voice Marty Lyons said. "It's just the way he conducts himself. He picked himself up off the turf and went right back to work. "He's just one of those guys you root to succeed, whether he's playing for you or against you."

In 2008, Pennington brought poise and leadership to a Dolphins locker room in need of those qualities. At age 32 he had the best season of his career, throwing for 3,653 yards and 19 touchdowns en route to the AFC East title.

He was a catalyst, offensive coordinator Dan Henning said, for a club that had been an NFL laughingstock the previous season.

"It jelled so quickly," running back Ronnie Brown said. "His leadership on the first day stood out. He'd dealt with the ups of the league and the downs as well, and as a player, you tend to listen to guys like that."

Pennington began this season as a mentor to Henne, who entered camp as the starter for the first time in his three-year NFL career.

"One of the things he's done a tremendous job of this year is in understanding his role," Sparano said of Pennington. "And it wasn't easy for him, obviously, because he wasn't playing. And what is most interesting is to see how people still respond to that, even though he wasn't the starting quarterback."

The Dolphins are trying to be realistic about the switch from Henne to Pennington.

"I don't want for anyone to look at him as a savior," Brown said. "We still have to be accountable as individuals and step our level of play up."

Which Pennington has helped his teammates do throughout his career.

"First thing he understands is the word 'professional,' " said ESPN analyst Herm Edwards, who coached Pennington with the Jets. "He's a student of the game. He's very smart. He'll get you lined up. He won't turn the ball over. I mean, this guy is unbelievable."

My arguement is and alsways has been that Chad has lacked anything resembling talent around him his entire career. That being said, there still is no proof he would succeed in that situation either. Its all speculation, but since hes an accurate passer one could assume if hes getting ball in his playmakers hands at a 66% rate said play makers would make sh*t happen. He has never had close to the talent some of the other big name QB's have had. I even had some posters here just 3 or 4 years ago saying the Jets had better recievers than Jennings and Driver on Green Bay while making the arguement a broken down Coles and a Young Jerricho Cotchery were way better, that and the Jets not having a back who could catch out of the backfield or anything resembling a TE.

You look at Manning, Ryan, Rivers, Brees, Schaub, Rodgers, Favre with Minny, Rapest, Brady and compare those skill players with the Jets of the past 3 years of Penny and his first year with the Fins. Tell me what you get.

People make the Joe Montana reference because Joe never had a strong arm but he did have insane talent around him at every single skill position every year he played. Not to take anything away from Joe ( IMO top 1 or 2 of all time) but he played within the offense Walsh designed and it was a short passing ball control offense where absolutely fantastic skill players made the plays they were supposed to make. There was alomst no way to defend that team and Joe got them the football at around a 63 % clip. If Joe was here with the Jets talent from 02 to 07 do you doubt he would struggle ? of course he would because Joe had trouble throwing the 15 yard out as well, which is why Walsh attacked the middle of the field with his RB's and TE's and ran slants inside with his WR's

Thats my arguement and it has NOTHING to do with adoration its based on facts. Easy comparison was Favres last year here compared to his first year in Minny do the math .

All the NY Jets ever had to do in 02 and on was give their PROCLAIMED Franchise QB some weapons Just like all the teams and QBs mentioned above did. To proclaim a franchise QB then not surreound him with talent in a market as big as NY is F@cking inexcusable.

Which means shotty has worked with the same personnel and maybe if they had better weapons he could truly show how awesome he is.

Or we can call a spade a spade and admit they're both average at best.

You and the hubbys wedding song?

You know damn well our wedding song was "I write the songs" by Barry Manilow, and you know we agreed you were the wife, so cut the sh*t.

Too long. Didn't read

honestly this is my fav site, any jn members in miami come thriugh to kitchen 305, I got you, we poppin bottles, your my guest. Hot latin women all around.

I was in Miami last winter. Some fine a$$ women for sure.

Archived