NY Jets vs Cleveland Browns Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been worried before every game this season. I'm not really worried at all about this one. Maybe its because of the Rob Ryan effect, but I'm just excited about the potential this game has in entertainment value. In addition, I think we'll win and I can't see New England winning in Pittsburgh. 1st place all on our lonesome sounds like a strong possibility to me.

I've been worried before every game this season. I'm not really worried at all about this one. Maybe its because of the Rob Ryan effect, but I'm just excited about the potential this game has in entertainment value. In addition, I think we'll win and I can't see New England winning in Pittsburgh. 1st place all on our lonesome sounds like a strong possibility to me.

Agreed I am not very worried about this game either.

Really want to see the Jets start blowing some people out so they move up in the coaches poll. :D

Really want to see the Jets start blowing some people out so they move up in the coaches poll. :D

Thank God the NFL's championship isn't predicated on the opinions of a bunch of journalists. Could you imagine if the likes of Peter King or Mike Florio had a hand in who played in the Super Bowl?

Thank God the NFL's championship isn't predicated on the opinions of a bunch of journalists. Could you imagine if the likes of Peter King or Mike Florio had a hand in who played in the Super Bowl?

They don't? Certainly their predictions are right at least 90% of the time.

this is a game where the Jets offense has to jump out to like a 14 point lead to take the Cleveland's running game out of it and force the rookie QB to have to throw to catch up. That's something all the experts forgot to take into account while singing Hillis' praises; a big lead takes him out of the gameplan. I can see Shottenheimer letting Sanchez run some hurry-up stuff to try and get something going early

The Jets have yet to play a complete game this season. This will be the week that we finally do. We are phenomenal at neutralizing the run which will eliminate their only major weapon. We will jump out to an early lead and never look back. Gholston will get his first and second sack of his career with Rex creating mismatches for him. Our defense will dominate and we will put up roughly 500 yards of total offense.

Jets 42

Browns 3

Jets Game Day: Linebackers will be tested against Browns' physical running game

Published: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 6:00 AM

Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger

THIS WEEK'S GAME REVOLVES AROUND:

The Jets' linebackers

Bart Scott measures the level of Cleveland’s intensity by the width of the neck-roll worn by Browns running back Peyton Hillis. All week, they’ve been calling it a “double-chin strap game” based on the level of physicality they expect and given the Browns’ propensity to shove their bulky running back down any opponent’s throat, the linebackers will be crucial in forcing Cleveland out of its game plan. Almost as important, though, will be the linebackers’ ability to keep heads on a swivel. As displayed last week, the Browns don’t shy away from an arsenal of trick plays.

THREE THINGS THE BROWNS DON’T WANT THE JETS TO KNOW:

They don’t have a true starting quarterback

Yes, rookie Colt McCoy has played well filling in for Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace — 529 yards in three games with one passing touchdown at a 67 percent completion clip — but his coach’s hesitancy to declare him this week’s starter shows a lack of confidence that could project on the field.

Peyton Hillis is getting tired

Reports out of Cleveland show coach Eric Mangini looking for some possible ways to rest his star running back a little bit, but there isn’t a bevy of quality options. Second stringer Mike Bell had six carries for 7 yards against New England last Sunday, before leaving with a rib injury, and third stringer Thomas Clayton is vying for more special teams opportunities.

It has been a long time since they’ve done this

Cleveland has not strung together three consecutive victories against teams with winning records since 1989. That year, a 26-year-old Bernie Kosar and a 21-year-old Eric Metcalf led the team to a 9-6-1 record.

THE SAVVY FOOTBALL FAN WILL BE WATCHING:

Braylon Edwards.

It was a week that began with some mean-spirited tweets toward the people of Cleveland, and ended when he said he still had a “personal war” with the city, and that he “couldn’t wait” to leave — not to mention a court hearing jammed in there, too. Needless to say, Edwards’ emotions will be soaring, which could either pay some serious dividends or be a total detractor on offense.

ONE MORE THING

This is a good time to be a Jets first-round draft pick that was once referred to as an underachiever. Both Kyle Wilson (2010) and Vernon Gholston (2008) will see increased roles on defense, essentially playing for their viability down the stretch. If either steps up, they could solidify a Jets defense still looking to sure up some moving parts.

POSITION BREAKDOWNS

QuarterbackConfidence is hard to measure, but after the Detroit game, one has to believe Mark Sanchez possesses a lot of it. Edge: Jets

Running backOn one side, you have Mike Alstott reincarnated. On the other, a two-headed monster still ranked in the NFL’s top 5 in yards per game. Edge: Even

Wide receiverThe Browns’ best receiver recently is now a Jet — Braylon Edwards. Enough said. Edge: Jets

Offensive lineThe Browns, quite simply, have been able to do more with less. Eleventh-best in the league with only one quality back. Edge: Browns

Defensive line

Cleveland has given up one rushing touchdown this year. Jets have given up three. Get your popcorn. Edge: Even

LinebackerJets talent (and tackle ratio) spreads more evenly across the board. Cleveland has a few too many weak links. Edge: Jets

SecondaryCleveland has the big-play ability, but the Jets have Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie — and they won’t be as busy as last week. Edge: Jets

Special teamsBrad Smith averages almost 31 yards per return on kicks. Can’t underestimate field position in a tight one. Edge: Jets

CoachingEric Mangini went 9-7 with the Jets and was fired. Rex Ryan went 9-7 and got his contract extended. Edge: Even

FOUR DOWNS WITH JETS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER

Q: Rex wants the ground-and-pound mentality. Have the Jets gotten away from that this season?

A: Looking back at last game, we haven’t popped the big runs. Last year, there were a lot of big runs, runs that would break, runs that would pop. We talked about it actually last week going into the Detroit game, if you’re going to put eight or nine guys in the front, if you get through that front line, you have a chance for a huge play.

Q: How did you manage to rush so well last year, then, with everyone focusing on it?

A: That was a situation where you’re dealing with a rookie quarterback. We really did have some things that we were being smart with, and now it’s a little different. Mark has matured and we have a ton of weapons outside. We’re farther advanced now in the passing game then we were last year.

Q: Do you prefer a 50-50 split with the run and pass?

A: That’s always my preference. Over the course of the season is what I would say because going into a game, you never know. So many things dictate how a game gets called. When you’re in a game, you’re doing whatever you can to try and win a game. You don’t stop to think, 'Oh, I’m going to get second-guessed for throwing it 40 times in a game.' You never stop to think about it. You say, ‘Hey, we need to win the game and how are we going to win the game?’ You never think, 'Oh man, I’m running it 50 times, this is awesome.'

Q: Is LaDainian Tomlinson slowing down?

It’s hard to keep that tempo up with anybody. I think it’s not just LT. There are things we can do better blocking up front. There was a play last week where Mark actually missed a check. It’s a little bit of everything. It’s good to see a guy like Shonn Greene step up when LaDainian doesn’t have his best day. We know he’s going to have a lot of good days ahead of him.

Mark Sanchez's command of hurry-up offense has provided spark for Jets

Published: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 5:00 AM

Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

Follow Share this story

Story tools

9046670-large.jpg

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez, taking a snap against the Lions last week, says running the hurry-up offense is 'one of my favorite things to do.'

Mark Sanchez brought the video when he visited his high school coach’s quarterback camps in California. He has watched it enough times that he can recite his favorite parts, which include Dan Marino pleading with a referee. He calls it one of the best tapes he’s ever seen.

It’s a montage, spliced for Sanchez by two of his offensive coaches at USC, of the game’s legendary quarterbacks running the two-minute drill. Marino. Warren Moon. John Elway. Troy Aikman.

“You see their demeanor and how intense their faces are,” Sanchez said. “When they say something, it’s like Gospel.”

The 24-year-old Jets quarterback is still developing his own style in those pressure-packed situations. But in his second season, Sanchez has demonstrated a command of the hurry-up mode, one of the game’s most vital weapons, and delivered two Jets comebacks in their past three games.

For a recently sluggish offense, the hurry-up mentality has been a spark, powering five of the Jets’ last six scoring drives heading into today’s game at Cleveland. Last week in Detroit, the Jets closed out their overtime victory with three straight scoring drives using the up-tempo tick: Two in the final 4:26 of regulation, and another that took just 2:18 in the extra period, when Sanchez lobbied to keep up the fast pace that had been working so well.

Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said the hurry-up mode is “always in our hip pocket,” something they’ll consider as a change-up even when the clock is not a factor.

“(Sanchez) likes to go fast,” Schottenheimer said. “It just kind of puts him at ease, and that’s one of the things that you’ve seen. He gets people moving. He gets very comfortable and confident knowing that, ‘Hey, I’m dictating the tempo of the game, and they’re going to have to adjust to me.’ ”

Developing that confidence was a major directive for the offseason after last year’s late-game struggles. Sanchez, then a rookie, turned the ball over five times inside the final five minutes of games his team was trailing. The Jets never scored in a “two-minute” situation — racing against the clock for points — to pull off a fourth-quarter comeback.

They reversed that trend in this year’s victories against Detroit and Denver, drawing on exhaustive planning during the week and careful orchestration between the sideline and the 11 men on the field, with Sanchez as the linchpin.

Schottenheimer said the Jets practice their two-minute offense as much as anything else during the course of a season. During lulls in offensive meetings, he’ll often catch Sanchez scribbling down his two-minute calls.

Each week, the Jets compose a two-minute menu that’s essentially a game plan within a game plan. First, the coaching staff breaks down the opponent’s tendencies in two-minute situations, charting what coverages they use, if they like to blitz with the clock running, if they’ll call an all-out defense after a big play.

Last week, the Jets knew not to expect pressure from the Lions when the clock was running, so they were comfortable calling deeper passes. Today, Sanchez knows to be mindful of how Rob Ryan’s defense shuts down opponents with quick adjustments or disruptive timeouts.

On Wednesday nights, Schottenheimer convenes with quarterbacks coach Matt Cavanaugh and receivers coach Henry Ellard for 45 minutes to an hour-and-a-half — depending on the complexity of the defense they’re facing — to generate that week’s two-minute inventory.

They can choose from about 60 percent of the offense’s pass plays, Schottenheimer said, and carry about 30 percent any given week. The Jets generally use “11 personnel,” with a running back, tight end and three receivers. Sanchez gives input on what plays he likes, yielding a set for every scenario.

“The hardest part of two-minute is handling the complete situation,” Schottenheimer said. “How many timeouts do we have? Where do we have to get to? What’s the down and distance? That’s why, quite honestly, we’re proud of how we played in the two-minute last week. We did it without timeouts, and that’s even more difficult to do.”

In 2008, Schottenheimer began condensing play calls, which can be as long as 10 or 12 syllables, to just two words for the two-minute drill to shave off seconds. He also may send in two play calls at once, allowing the Jets to run two consecutive plays in rapid fire.

Sanchez has the freedom to make calls, based on what he sees or if it’s too loud to hear Schottenheimer (which happened at one point against Detroit). After the call is in, center Nick Mangold identifies the middle linebacker. The line primarily uses man protections in the two-minute, one-on-one matchups that allow the most receivers to get out. But if the defense presents an odd look, Mangold can call for the line to slide.

Once the ball is snapped, it’s up to Sanchez to make the right reads. He might have two, three or four options in his progression, but can look off one and go right to the check-down to the running back. When in hurry-up mode, he has most frequently targeted tight end Dustin Keller and running back LaDainian Tomlinson.

“It’s hurry up, hurry up, hurry up until you get in the play, and then you want to relax and go through your progression,” Sanchez said. “The best quarterbacks find running backs in two-minute situations to move the ball downfield, then take chances when they get the opportunity.”

Two quarterbacks who built their careers on a form of the hurry-up offense were Boomer Esiason, with the Bengals in the late 1980s, and Jim Kelly, with the Bills in the 1990s. Each ran a no-huddle offense for the entirety of the game.

Esiason said he was required to sit with coach Sam Wyche on Thursday, Friday and Saturday to recite the game plan verbatim, including the personnel groups and corresponding plays and audibles.

Kelly, who rode the “K-Gun” to four Super Bowls and the Pro Football Hall of Fame, echoed that the key to execution was preparation during the week. In between series, Kelly said he would consult his wristband — grouped into first downs, third and short, third and long, red zone, etc. — and script the next series in his head. But when he got on the field, he deferred to instinct.

“People don’t realize how much mental gymnastics goes along with that,” Esiason said. “The goal is to let ability take over while doing the things you’re supposed to do.”

Sanchez said it would be “a dream come true” to play in hurry-up mode all game long. But he also understands what makes sense for the Jets is a balanced offense with a thriving run game. Plus, there are risks to playing up-tempo all game: It puts pressure on the defense, and opens the door for the opponent to adjust and take away the critical weapon when it’s most needed.

The Jets’ focus is keeping the hurry-up well-oiled, so it’s effective in two-minute situations — and handy if the offense needs a jolt elsewhere in the game. They work on the two-minute drill every Thursday, matching their starting offense and defense against each other. Receiver Santonio Holmes said he suggested practicing it that way, an approach that he remembered from his years with the Steelers.

Even as efficient as Sanchez was in hurry-up mode last week — he completed 10 of 13 passes for 144 yards on those final three scoring drives — he still picked apart his mistakes, pointing out two “no-brainer” completions he missed. He has also critiqued his own demeanor at the line, taking advantage of being miked up for HBO’s “Hard Knocks” in the preseason.

Like anything else for a young quarterback, it’s a work in progress, but eventually Sanchez hopes to develop a hurry-up style and mastery on par with those greats he’s watched so many times on film.

“Everything’s in your hands; you’re dealing,” Sanchez said. “It’s one of my favorite things to do.”

Santonio Holmes, the Jets’ Difference MakerBy TONI MONKOVIC

In conventional terms, Jets receiver Santonio Holmes hasn’t made a huge impression with the Jets this season. He couldn’t make any impression at all in the first four games — he was serving a suspension. In the four games he has played, he has had 15 catches for 245 yards, with no touchdowns and with one clumsy fumble in which he ran into a teammate’s back.

But he has a feel for the big moment.

As a Steeler, he was named the most valuable player of the 2009 Super Bowl after a touchdown catch with 35 seconds left. He had four receptions for 71 yards on the winning drive.

This season, Brian Burke of Advanced NFL Stats says, http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010/11/mid-season-wpa-all-stars-offense.html

Santonio Holmes is blowing everyone away in WPA per game, with +0.30 per his 4 game appearances this season. Wow — His performance has lifted the Jets’ chances of winning each game by 30 percentage points, as much as the league’s top two QBs! Most of his impact has come on only two plays. Holmes drew a 60-yard pass interference call to put the Jets on the goal line to win in their game against Denver, and he made a 52-yard catch in overtime to set up the game-winning field goal against Detroit.

Here are a few more links to whet the appetite for Week 10:

Greg Hanlon of CapitalNewYork.com wrote a fine feature on Brad Smith, who had a similarly outsize impact on the Jets last season.http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/culture/2010/11/772054/inoffensive-threat-new-york-jets-all-around-special-guy-brad-smith?page=1

Advanced statistics paint a similarly positive picture of Smith’s skill and knack for rising to the pivotal moment. According to the respected statistical website AdvancedNFLStats.com, Smith, solely by virtue of his performance on offense and not including special teams, led Jets offensive players last year in the Wins Probability Added per games played stat, which measures the importance of plays in their actual game context. That’s a staggering accomplishment for a player who sees so few offensive snaps.

Donovan McNabb’s benching opens some old wounds regarding the Redskins and race. (Mike Wise, The Washington Post)

Yes, Roddy White’s push-down play was suspect, but the Falcons have proved they belong among the elite. (Jeff Schultz, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)

Why Pro Bowl voting is a sham. (Jack Bechta, National Football Post)

Can Chad Pennington make a difference for the Dolphins? http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/13/1924647/new-qb-a-spark-for-fins.html Maybe more important, can he imitate Eminem?

It must have been painful for Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown to say this:http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/11/ronnie-brown-says-miami-dolphins-need-more-swagger.html

“Swagger is pretty much just a confidence about your team. You see it with certain teams. The Ravens are obviously one of those teams. The Jets, as bad as I hate to admit it, those guys walk around like they’re supposed to win football games.”

The Jets will have to stop Peyton Hillis, who, these days, seems able to leap tall objects in a single bound.

Jets set to battle different Peyton

By MARK CANNIZZARO

Posted: 2:32 AM, November 14, 2010

CLEVELAND -- The Jets today will be visiting Peyton's place, and it has nothing to do with a soap opera or a Manning.

The most imposing road block the Jets face while trying to get to 7-2 in today's game against the Browns is bruising running back Peyton Hillis, fresh off his career-high 184-yard rushing performance against New England last week.

Hillis has scored a touchdown in every game this season except one (at Pittsburgh) and has seven overall. It should make for a great matchup considering the Jets allow opposing backs a 3.3-yard average and have yielded just three rushing TDs this season. Rex Ryan's defenses have allowed only one 100-yard rusher in two seasons.

"I've got a lot of respect for this guy," linebacker Bart Scott said. "I love this guy. This is a man's man. This is real grown-man football. This is what I signed up for. This is throwback football. I'm excited. This is why they brought me here, for games like this, dealing with big, bruising backs.

"I hope he gets 30 rushing attempts, because he forces you to be a man. He's going to be bringing it in third quarter and if you're not willing to pay the price, it's going to show."

Hillis is a force in short-yardage situations, having converted all seven of his third-and-one carries into first downs.

"He's a big, strong, downhill runner who's not real interested in making you miss," LB Jason Taylor said. "I think he'd rather run through you rather than try to run around you."

The Jets are seeking their eighth consecutive regular-season win on a road, dating back to a 31-14 setback Nov. 22 at New England. They also lost the AFC Championship game in Indianapolis. ... The Browns are seeking their third consecutive win and seventh in a row against the AFC East. ... The Browns have played the toughest schedule in the NFL. Their opponents have a combined record of 41-22 (.651). ... With the Browns' win over the Patriots last Sunday, Eric Mangini is now 4-1 as a head coach in games that follow the bye week. His teams are a combined 21-15 after the bye.

In their win over New England, the Browns posted season highs in points scored (34), first downs (22), total yards (404), rushing yards (230) and time of possession (38:08). Coupled with the Browns 30-17 win in New Orleans, they've scored more than 30 points in consecutive games for the first time since 2004.

The Browns have allowed only one rushing TD all season, the lowest total in the league. ... Browns kicker Phil Dawson has made his last 11 field goals after missing his first two of the season.

Ultimate chance to prove Jets got it right with Ryan

Posted: 11:27 PM, November 13, 2010

By Kevin Kernan

CLEVELAND -- Good thing Woody Johnson has been doing those penalty pushups all week. He's going to need his strength. This is a huge game for the Jets owner and for his coach Rex Ryan.

In so many ways this is the "I Told You So Bowl" today between the Browns and the Jets at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Woody wanted the colorful coach and he has that in Rex. He didn't want the dry Eric Mangini, even though now we are finally beginning to see that Mangini really does have a personality.

Make no mistake, Ryan wants this win badly for so many reasons, not only for the Jets owner and his 6-2 team, but for bragging rights in the Ryan household since he is taking on his twin brother Rob, the Browns defensive coordinator.

You just know the House of Ryan is the House of Trash Talk 365 days a year.

No matter how this game turns out, though, Johnson made the right choice. Rex is right for him. In fact, no coach is as right for a franchise as Ryan is for the Jets. He's loud, brash and funny. And most of all, he gets the players to go "all in" on the way he runs the show. He needs the players to go all out for him today.

It's all about the decal on the side of the helmet, as Ryan is fond of saying. On Friday, he jokingly pointed out the Browns have no decal on their old-school helmets.

Wide receiver Santonio Holmes explained what Ryan is all about and how that plays to the benefit of the Jets.

"Coach Ryan is a player's coach," explained the former Ohio State star, who is expecting to have a big homecoming game. "Whatever the players need, anything possible, he is going to try to make sure the players get what they want, but at the same time, do what they are supposed to do to get what they want."

That is essential; the players have to earn their rewards under Ryan. It's not just given to them. Life doesn't work that way. That's why today is a big day, too for Braylon Edwards, who gets the chance to tell the Browns, "I told you so."

"You're ready to make a statement," Edwards said of his mindset heading into the game. He does not want to see his old team play their style of game and said the Jets must put points on the board early. "They will milk the clock," he said of Mangini's Browns. "They'll hand it off to [Peyton] Hillis 40 times a game. We have to score fast and we have to score touchdowns."

For quarterback Mark Sanchez, he'll have to show he can be successful in something other than a two-minute offense, to click when he has time to think. It would help, too, if his receivers don't get stripped of the ball after a completion.

"There are a lot of emotions going into a game like this for Coach Ryan and for Braylon," Sanchez explained. "Any time you play your brother, you want to win whether you're shooting hoops in the backyard or you're coaching two NFL teams."

That is essentially the genius of Ryan. He collects players who are extremely competitive in everything they do. Get enough of those guys around and even when you don't play well as a team, you boast a 6-2 record. Of course, the next step is to prove that 6-2 mark is not a fluke. You play up that angle to your team.

That's what's at stake today. The Jets have to prove they deserve to be 7-2. They must show that the owner made the right call firing Mangini and hiring Ryan. Edwards can prove the Browns made a mistake letting him get away. LaDainian Tomlinson can show he is not wearing down as the season progresses.

For the Jets, it's all about coming away with a win and saying, "I told you so."

Mistakes key because Browns won’t gift-wrap another win

By MARK CANNIZZARO

Last Updated: 5:27 AM, November 14, 2010

CLEVELAND — There are enough subplots in today’s Jets-Browns game at Cleveland Browns Stadium to last a month.

Coach Rex Ryan will match wits with his twin brother, Rob, the Browns’ defensive coordinator.

Browns head coach Eric Mangini will try to beat the team that fired him two seasons ago.

Receiver Braylon Edwards, who has waged a “personal war” against Cleveland, the Browns and their fans, returns to the place he began his NFL career and became Public Enemy No. 1 before being traded to the Jets last season.

The Browns have 10 players on their roster who are former Jets.

Beyond all the extras, this game for the Jets represents the beginning of the second half of a season that stands at 6-2, though they have played spotty football the past month.

“We’re nowhere near playing the way we’re capable of playing,” Jets linebacker Bart Scott said. “It’s time to really start tightening things down because November and December is the dash for the cash.”

The Browns represent a difficult hurdle for the Jets considering that they have won their last two, beating the defending Super Bowl champion Saints and the Patriots.

“This sends a message that what happened last game against New Orleans was not a fluke,” Browns tackle Joe Thomas said after last week’s 34-14 trouncing of the Patriots. “We’re a good team. We’re starting to find our identity.”

Here’s a look at how The Post sees the duel in the Dawg Pound breaking down:

MARQUEE MATCHUP

Ryan vs. Ryan. The twin brothers will match wits against each other for the eighth time in their careers, but the first time since Rex became a head coach. Should be a fascinating day of defensive strategy.

FIRST IMPRESSION

The Browns have not allowed a team to score on its opening possession all season and have outscored opponents 36-13 in the first quarter. The Jets, who have been starting very sluggishly on offense of late, have allowed just 10 points in the first quarter.

QB OR NOT QB

The Browns’ defense has stifled two of the NFL’s best quarterbacks in the last two games, intercepting New Orleans’ Drew Brees four times and holding New England’s Tom Brady to 14 points by confusing him with different looks. What will Mark Sanchez do against this unit? He has thrown five interceptions in the last three games.

COVER ME

It should be a great matchup on special teams, because both teams excel. The Browns’ coverage units are among the best in the NFL, allowing a league-low 16.7-yard average on kickoff returns and 3.5-yard average on punt returns. The Jets will counter with Brad Smith, who is second in the NFL with a 30.7-yard average on kickoffs.

DUE DATE?

Browns kick and punt returner Joshua Cribbs, generally known as one of the best in the game, has uncharacteristically low numbers in both kickoff (21.4 yards) and punt returns (8.6). This could mean he is due to break a big one. Cribbs has eight returns for touchdowns in 85 games, nearly one every 10 games. Today is Cleveland’s 11th game since his last touchdown.

GIVE AND TAKE

The Jets have slipped into an alarming trend in the giveaway/takeaway category. After going plus-11 in the first five games, they are minus-6 in their last three games, during which they have committed eight turnovers and had just two takeaways.

TWENTY QUESTIONS

The Jets are low in the league rankings in both offensive production inside the 20 and defensive stops inside the 20. They are ranked 25th in offense, scoring touchdowns 41.7 percent of the time, and they are ranked 25th on defense, allowing teams to score touchdowns 63.2 percent of the time.

PENAL CODE

The Jets are the 28th-ranked team in the league with 63 penalties for 577 yards — much more than the disciplined Browns, who have been flagged 47 times for 386 yards.

NUMBER TO KNOW

1. That’s how many rushing touchdowns the Browns have allowed this season, fewest in the NFL.

FOE FACT

Peyton Hillis’ 184 rushingyards last week vs. the Patriots were the second most in the NFL this season (Arian Foster, Texans, 231 vs. Colts in Week 1).

JETS FACT

The Jets have won a team-record seven consecutive games on the road dating back to last season.

CANNIZZARO’S CALL

This could be a true indicator of where the Jets go in the second half of the season, because the Browns will not beat themselves like Denver and Detroit did for them. Look for this to be a highly emotional, strategic struggle with the Jets making a couple of more plays on defense against rookie QB Colt McCoy.

JETS 22, BROWNS 20

Where is he/she? Maybe playing Call of Duty Black OPS oblivious to life around him.

My only concern is the ***official astericks*** are missing.

LETS GO JETS!!! GO TIME

Max with a major fail on that one too..lol..it almost seems like this thread isnt officially official without them.

Something came up, thus I cannot watch the game live, and had to revoke my title as official game thread starter for one week. You have my blessing. :P

Damn you, you SOB!

You're 6-1 in starting game threads!

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived