The Jets are the worst 7-2 team in the history of the NFL...

slats

Man, reading this board is teh awesome.

Jets have problems at QB, WR, safety, and the defense isn't as good as it was last year. Tim Tebow should be feared, and the Pats should be feared twice.

And the trolls come in here to tell us that we have an over-inflated view of this team? laugh.gif What the hell is their point?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets have problems at QB, WR, safety, and the defense isn't as good as it was last year. Tim Tebow should be feared, and the Pats should be feared twice.

And the trolls come in here to tell us that we have an over-inflated view of this team? laugh.gif What the hell is their point?

You forgot that Rex is the Wade Phillips of the AFC.

you should have heard what i was listening to on 3 different sports talk radio shows down here slats-one would have to believe that New England just won the super bowl-hardly even a mention of the New York Jets who IMO are the best team in the NFL right now

The problem is that we haven't really had a definitive victory since earlier in the season. It's great that we're winning these games, but I don't have confidence that we'd beat the better teams in the league the way we are playing now. Run defense and special teams were the only two kind of stand out areas on the team and both we're subpar this past week.

you should have heard what i was listening to on 3 different sports talk radio shows down here slats-one would have to believe that New England just won the super bowl-hardly even a mention of the New York Jets who IMO are the best team in the NFL right now

I don't know about best, but they certainly look to be the most resilient team in the NFL.

Every team in this league has holes. We knew coming in that the QB would -at best- be on a learning curve, and that we had liabilities at safety. We haven't discovered any new leaks, just confirmed the original ones. And as far as those "problems" go, Sanchez is clearly improved as a QB, and the defense is one of the top units in the league.

It's just amazing to me. Jets are holding serve on the #1 seed in the AFC, and the majority of the forum is complaints about the team.

I don't know about best, but they certainly look to be the most resilient team in the NFL.

Every team in this league has holes. We knew coming in that the QB would -at best- be on a learning curve, and that we had liabilities at safety. We haven't discovered any new leaks, just confirmed the original ones. And as far as those "problems" go, Sanchez is clearly improved as a QB, and the defense is one of the top units in the league.

It's just amazing to me. Jets are holding serve on the #1 seed in the AFC, and the majority of the forum is complaints about the team.

#1 seed in the AFC---HELL YES :D

Anyone criticizing Sanchez and the WR's after yesterdays game is ****in idiot honestly. Cotchery, Holmes, and Edwards all played pretty damn good. And Sanchez gets injured, shakes it off, comes back in the game is scrambling all over the field yet still staying calm under the pressure and LED us to ANOTHER overtime victory. Sure we have some problems here and there but we're 1 of 3 teams that is 7-2 and still the negativity is going stronger than ever.

Wow I thought I was the only one who noticed -- 7-2 is alright by me I don't care how we win -- as long as we do win -

As of Saturday night the Steelers and Giants were the beasts of their confrences -- look what happened -- and next week if Indy beats NE

OH BOY watch out for Peyton Manning and the Jets are the worse 8-2 team ever -- some things never change --

The problem is that we haven't really had a definitive victory since earlier in the season. It's great that we're winning these games, but I don't have confidence that we'd beat the better teams in the league the way we are playing now. Run defense and special teams were the only two kind of stand out areas on the team and both we're subpar this past week.

Jets have won back-to-back road OT games. The first team in the history of the league to do such a thing. They're the only team left that's undefeated on the road.

The special teams weren't terrible yesterday, just the FG kicker. I'm not waving the red flag there, but the red flag is prepared to be waved.

But run defense? The Jets give up an average of 90 yards a game and gave up 107 yesterday in five quarters to a team that averages 117/game. What's the issue there? And the run offense, which has been lying dormant for a couple weeks, came alive with 172 yards of their own.

Slats Im not sure its complaints as much as it is pointing out weaknesses that could bite us in the playoffs. This is how teams that are perennial playoff contenders fanbases think. They dont think in terms of beating alot of doormats they think in terms of beating the other 2 or 3 contenders within the conference.

That being said the biggest problem with the Jets is the constant inconsistencies in alot of areas we should be rock solid. We have the talent to be blowing out some of these teams yet we always find ourselves in tough games that go down to the wire. Maybe this will continue to toughen up the team so its not all that bad to be in tough games, but we do have to iron out some crap if were going to beat 2 or 3 elite teams in a row come playoff time.

The Jets out gained the Browns by 150% yesterday. They controlled the clock by 20 minutes of possession.

The last drive that they gave up is disconcerting, but aside from the Browns taking it to them in the first quarter and taking advantage of their aggressiveness, and the final drive-The Jets controlled the game.

The Jets out gained the Browns by 150% yesterday. They controlled the clock by 20 minutes of possession.

The last drive that they gave up is disconcerting, but aside from the Browns taking it to them in the first quarter and taking advantage of their aggressiveness, and the final drive-The Jets controlled the game.

Which is why its sad we dont capitalize more when we are controling a game. Sure there were missed field goals but we should have scored TD's

Jets have won back-to-back road OT games. The first team in the history of the league to do such a thing. They're the only team left that's undefeated on the road.

The special teams weren't terrible yesterday, just the FG kicker. I'm not waving the red flag there, but the red flag is prepared to be waved.

But run defense? The Jets give up an average of 90 yards a game and gave up 107 yesterday in five quarters to a team that averages 117/game. What's the issue there? And the run offense, which has been lying dormant for a couple weeks, came alive with 172 yards of their own.

total stats aren't very meaningful.. the offense controlled the clock in the second half with 2 drives taking up nearly 2/3 of the half.

Prior to the game, the jets defense was letting up an average of 3.3 ypc (good for #2 in league), it was 4.3 ypc yesterday, which would tie them for 21st in the league..

and yeah, i'm not saying i'm worried about it either, just noting that the two areas that had been consistantly top of league weren't very good on sunday..

Slats Im not sure its complaints as much as it is pointing out weaknesses that could bite us in the playoffs. This is how teams that are perennial playoff contenders fanbases think. They dont think in terms of beating alot of doormats they think in terms of beating the other 2 or 3 contenders within the conference.

Haha! That's just funny to me! That's not who we are. We're Jet fans! laugh.gif

But what doormats? The one who dominated the Patriots in every aspect of the game two weeks ago? Or the one that was averaging nearly 40 points a game at home before the Jets came to town?

Parity works both ways. A lot of these bad teams are actually good.

That being said the biggest problem with the Jets is the constant inconsistencies in alot of areas we should be rock solid. We have the talent to be blowing out some of these teams yet we always find ourselves in tough games that go down to the wire. Maybe this will continue to toughen up the team so its not all that bad to be in tough games, but we do have to iron out some crap if were going to beat 2 or 3 elite teams in a row come playoff time.

Every team in the NFL has issues. Pittsburgh got man-handled last night coming off a shaky win over the Bengals the week before. Said Pats had their asses handed to them by the Browns two weeks ago. Have the Jets had their asses handed to them like either of those 7-2 teams this year? Jets have problems -like everyone- but they were in both their losses for the entire game.

No doubt they have to tighten up. The teams that progress down the stretch are the ones who advance. That's what the Jets managed to do last year.

Remember last week, when they told us we were not even the best team in NY? :rl:

Great thread by the way! :beer_Orcish:

total stats aren't very meaningful.. the offense controlled the clock in the second half with 2 drives taking up nearly 2/3 of the half.

Prior to the game, the jets defense was letting up an average of 3.3 ypc (good for #2 in league), it was 4.3 ypc yesterday, which would tie them for 21st in the league..

and yeah, i'm not saying i'm worried about it either, just noting that the two areas that had been consistantly top of league weren't very good on sunday..

Cleveland -to their credit- mixed it up very well yesterday (cue the Schottenhaters in 3... 2... ), but overall the Jets did well when they had to. Definitely tightened up in the second half.

Every team in the NFL has issues. Pittsburgh got man-handled last night coming off a shaky win over the Bengals the week before. Said Pats had their asses handed to them by the Browns two weeks ago. Have the Jets had their asses handed to them like either of those 7-2 teams this year? Jets have problems -like everyone- but they were in both their losses for the entire game.

No doubt they have to tighten up. The teams that progress down the stretch are the ones who advance. That's what the Jets managed to do last year.

And the Jets have a better pass defense than the Steelers to match up with the Patriots. Now with no moss you can put Revis on Branch (or Welker) and Cro on Hernandez.

Look at our 2 losses... Which of the "better teams" have not gotten their asses kicked way worse than us this year?

Haha! That's just funny to me! That's not who we are. We're Jet fans! laugh.gif

But what doormats? The one who dominated the Patriots in every aspect of the game two weeks ago? Or the one that was averaging nearly 40 points a game at home before the Jets came to town?

Parity works both ways. A lot of these bad teams are actually good.

My mistake slats I should not have used the word doormats. Either way if were dominating a team but not putting points on the board during said domination thats not a good sign.

And as for the part you laughed about :D I laughed while I was writing it

My mistake slats I should not have used the word doormats. Either way if were dominating a team but not putting points on the board during said domination thats not a good sign.

And as for the part you laughed about :D I laughed while I was writing it

Only one team has put more than 26 points on the Browns this year. Only 2 teams have put more than 20 on them (beside the Jets).

That was a physical team they played yesterday.

Only one team has put more than 26 points on the Browns this year. Only 2 teams have put more than 20 on them (beside the Jets).

That was a physical team they played yesterday.

I was not specifically refering to the Browns I was talking the whole season. Slats response made it seem that way but it was not my intention. I think the Browns are a damn good football team and oncethey learn to win and Mangini finally decides to keep up the agression in the 4th quarter, watch out.

Archived