It's getting old...

Garb

All the back and forth nonsense amongst the fans. Some of it is amusing, alot of it isn't. I can see why some of you are sick of it - it is a Jets board afterall. Not that the board doesn't have a few dopey Jets fans posting dopey stuff...but again, it's a Jets board. Arguing for arguments sake? Meh. Real discussion and different opinion - cool. Better yet - funny, amusing banter. Vicious, Crusher, Spicoli, TomShane are pretty good at that. Even TX has his moments ;) when he takes a break from busting on the bustable, you know?

Anyway, the only remedy is more of TomShane's musings. It will all make us feel better about our own lives. :)

I really don't mind the others posting. It's the reduction of the thread to a "you're a homo" "no, you're a homo" that gets old.

Unfortunately, it's not just here, it's any posting area where there is more than one side. Goes with the territory I guess.

All the back and forth nonsense amongst the fans. Some of it is amusing, alot of it isn't. I can see why some of you are sick of it - it is a Jets board afterall. Not that the board doesn't have a few dopey Jets fans posting dopey stuff...but again, it's a Jets board. Arguing for arguments sake? Meh. Real discussion and different opinion - cool. Better yet - funny, amusing banter. Vicious, Crusher, Spicoli, TomShane are pretty good at that. Even TX has his moments ;) when he takes a break from busting on the bustable, you know?

Anyway, the only remedy is more of TomShane's musings. It will all make us feel better about our own lives. :)

I dont think its something we can fix. The mere fact there are always trolls on this board (which I enjoy) are going to make for the stupid pissing matches. A troll could have a serious post about Football and just the fact they have a different team in their avatar or user name is going to incite so type of my dick is bigger than yours conversation.

Its the interwebz, people love to be idiots on the interwebz...just look at Klacko.

I feel so complimented. I have been named along the likes of Crusher, JiF and Tom Shane.

YEAH.jpg

Please, if Garby played mafia she'd know of VicGod and his chest pounding.

I dont think its something we can fix. The mere fact there are always trolls on this board (which I enjoy) are going to make for the stupid pissing matches. A troll could have a serious post about Football and just the fact they have a different team in their avatar or user name is going to incite so type of my dick is bigger than yours conversation.

Its the interwebz, people love to be idiots on the interwebz...just look at Klacko.

Please, if Garby played mafia she'd know of VicGod and his chest pounding.

thundercats.jpg

A troll could have a serious post about Football and just the fact they have a different team in their avatar or user name is going to incite so type of my dick is bigger than yours conversation.

Damn, I feel like I just walked out of a psychiatrist's office.

After 10 years, I finally have a diagnosis.

**** this sh*t

stop acting like asses and pushing buttons and baiting posters into stupid arguments and normal conversation can occer

I work with a pats* fan and a dolphins fan in a small company of 20 people. we have laughs all the time and usually wind up being emotional support for each other. I'm not like that here because the trolls post aggravating sh*t just for the pure sake or aggravating people

grow up and stop trolling

it'e really that simple

I tend to side with Garb on this. If only there was some sort of VIP area we could have for people that were serious and were willing to pay money...

hmmmmm?

Ah, screw it.

It is what it is. The banter gets pretty stale. There are a few immature Jets fans on here that kill every thread they post in, as well as the attention whoring trolls. The truth is, you can just ignore it.

The thing that really pisses me off, is when you have a good discussion going on, and then...WHAM! thread's hijacked by a bunch of self-important jackasses.

It sucks, but if there were a way to prevent thread hijacking that would be great. Maybe just a guideline for usage on the forums.

Of course that means more work for the mods, but it could be tried to see how it goes.

I don't know.

I tend to side with Garb on this. If only there was some sort of VIP area we could have for people that were serious and were willing to pay money...

hmmmmm?

Ah, screw it.

It is what it is. The banter gets pretty stale. There are a few immature Jets fans on here that kill every thread they post in, as well as the attention whoring trolls. The truth is, you can just ignore it.

The thing that really pisses me off, is when you have a good discussion going on, and then...WHAM! thread's hijacked by a bunch of self-important jackasses.

It sucks, but if there were a way to prevent thread hijacking that would be great. Maybe just a guideline for usage on the forums.

Of course that means more work for the mods, but it could be tried to see how it goes.

I don't know.

BTW, I'm guilty of being one of those self-important jackasses at times. I'm not pointing fingers, just spitting the truth, IMO

I like the opposing fans being around, always have. What I can't stand is the frequency with which when one of those opposing fans has the option to have a legit discussion on a topic or take the low road and get under people's skins by going all trolly, they choose the latter. Most of the opposing fans on here have the ability to talk legit football when they want to, it's just much easier for them not to and just stir sh*t up the second one Jets poster starts giving them sh*t. That's when it starts to get old.

Hell, just ask TX how many times I've gotten in the way of his trolling by forcing him into legitimate football debate even when he was much happier enjoying his trolling. Often even being rather persistent about it when he tries to ignore me. But then again, that's because despite some people's opinions of him, I've had a bunch of good debates with the guy.

Don't get me wrong, the same thing undoubtedly goes for some Jets fans on this site as well, but the difference is you can't expect, as an opposing fan, to get the same kind of leeway they would. Let's be honest, Gato would be banned by now if he was a Pats or Phins fan with his constant Schotty-thread nonsense. However, he's not so it's going to take more than just that.

**** this sh*t

stop acting like asses and pushing buttons and baiting posters into stupid arguments and normal conversation can occer

I work with a pats* fan and a dolphins fan in a small company of 20 people. we have laughs all the time and usually wind up being emotional support for each other. I'm not like that here because the trolls post aggravating sh*t just for the pure sake or aggravating people

grow up and stop trolling

it'e really that simple

POTW!!!

Wow I'd say I agree, but its actually you that agrees with me since I said this first and far more eloquently years ago. In fact, I was in my late twenties at the time and Nirvana was at the top of the charts, Kate Moss was at her thinnest, and the pogo stick still wasn't making a comeback. Anyway what i said is, "enough of these conceited bastards hijacking threads!" and everyone agreed and several posters nominated me for poster of the millenium and I would have won but the Y2K bug screwed up the board which actually hadn't even been invented yet. True story.

Wow I'd say I agree, but its actually you that agrees with me since I said this first and far more eloquently years ago. In fact, I was in my late twenties at the time and Nirvana was at the top of the charts, Kate Moss was at her thinnest, and the pogo stick still wasn't making a comeback. Anyway what i said is, "enough of these conceited bastards hijacking threads!" and everyone agreed and several posters nominated me for poster of the millenium and I would have won but the Y2K bug screwed up the board which actually hadn't even been invented yet. True story.

I call bullsh*t.

Kate Moss has always been known for her curvy figure.

Whoooooa, thanks T! Although, if you have a problem to which adding Tom Shane is the solution, then your problems are only just beginning. :D

Here's the issue, imo: Both sides are screwing the pooch here. One of you guys (opposing fans) makes a perfectly logical, interesting post--one that is on-point and sure to generate a great conversation--then along comes a Jets poster who starts with the "Shut up, troll!" crap which completely and instantly lowers the level of the discourse. Then, Tex jumps in and makes an off-handed post designed to incite even more troll-fury and the thread turns to crap and inevitably spills over onto other threads, ruining them as well. The solution, as I see it, from BOTH sides of the ledger, is to ignore the initial salvo and don't stoop to a level that is clearly beneath most of us. Overall, I think the level of hostility on this board has gone way down in the last few months, but unfortunately the "troll" name calling has increased. It's because (let's call a spade a spade here) Tex can't resist going to war with every nitwit Jets fan who wants to scream at him, and because those same nitwits allow themselves to be baited into a pages-long threads of schoolyard nonsense that could have easily been avoided by simply ignoring a single flame post. I've often said that we have the best football posters on the web here at JetNation, and that's because we have such a diverse group--young and old, old-school guys and new-school DVOA guys, women and men, opposing fans and Jets diehards. It would be a shame to see that all erode simply because we couldn't stay respectful towards one another. We had a great thread after Week Two, when I asked Pats fans to share with us their points of view on what was wrong with their team, and in which I implored people to be respectful of one another. Even though a few people went in there to flame, nobody took the bait and, as a result, we all had an awesome conversation. I think we can keep doing that if we stop flying off the handle every five seconds. Tex is a brilliant football poster, as are you and Alk and most of the "opposition" fans here. I love reading your guys stuff, and the back and forth it generates, but it blows when it gets dragged down.

I'm looking at you, Brooklyn Jet. And Tex. Bastids.

Whoooooa, thanks T! Although, if you have a problem to which adding Tom Shane is the solution, then your problems are only just beginning. :D

Here's the issue, imo: Both sides are screwing the pooch here. One of you guys (opposing fans) makes a perfectly logical, interesting post--one that is on-point and sure to generate a great conversation--then along comes a Jets poster who starts with the "Shut up, troll!" crap which completely and instantly lowers the level of the discourse. Then, Tex jumps in and makes an off-handed post designed to incite even more troll-fury and the thread turns to crap and inevitably spills over onto other threads, ruining them as well. The solution, as I see it, from BOTH sides of the ledger, is to ignore the initial salvo and don't stoop to a level that is clearly beneath most of us. Overall, I think the level of hostility on this board has gone way down in the last few months, but unfortunately the "troll" name calling has increased. It's because (let's call a spade a spade here) Tex can't resist going to war with every nitwit Jets fan who wants to scream at him, and because those same nitwits allow themselves to be baited into a pages-long threads of schoolyard nonsense that could have easily been avoided by simply ignoring a single flame post. I've often said that we have the best football posters on the web here at JetNation, and that's because we have such a diverse group--young and old, old-school guys and new-school DVOA guys, women and men, opposing fans and Jets diehards. It would be a shame to see that all erode simply because we couldn't stay respectful towards one another. We had a great thread after Week Two, when I asked Pats fans to share with us their points of view on what was wrong with their team, and in which I implored people to be respectful of one another. Even though a few people went in there to flame, nobody took the bait and, as a result, we all had an awesome conversation. I think we can keep doing that if we stop flying off the handle every five seconds. Tex is a brilliant football poster, as are you and Alk and most of the "opposition" fans here. I love reading your guys stuff, and the back and forth it generates, but it blows when it gets dragged down.

I'm looking at you, Brooklyn Jet. And Tex. Bastids.

You have 3 choices here:

1. Invest in a scroll mouse, scroll past the looney tunes, cat pics, and insults. Thread not ruined and finger is better equipped to diddle.

2. Hit the ignore button and stop looking at me.

3. BAN ME BITCH! :P

You have 3 choices here:

1. Invest in a scroll mouse, scroll past the looney tunes, cat pics, and insults. Thread not ruined and finger is better equipped to diddle.

2. Hit the ignore button and stop looking at me.

3. BAN ME BITCH! :P

I actually find your cat pictures quite amusing. I was referring specifically to your penchant for troll-baiting. Bitch.

I actually find your cat pictures quite amusing. I was referring specifically to your penchant for troll-baiting. Bitch.

I bait them?

Really?

WOW!

Get back to me when you get your head out of whichever troll's crotch it's in this week.

You know what scratch that, I doubt I'll ever have much respect for you after that statement anyway.

Memo to The Brooklyn Jet's staff: Less cat pics and more troll fodder!

well done. nice play.

Archived