8 year old Jets fan tackled at Browns game

JOJOTOWNSELL

To all the internet tough guys out there its easy to say you'd rip the guy a new a$$hole, but maybe just maybe sometimes its better to be smart (or as you say bing a pussy) than tough. Like one poster said maybe this guy was with a gruop of rowdy drunk friends and if the dad jumped in there were 4 other guys to beat this guy into a coma thus making the situation more dramatic for the child and his wife. Even darker now say it was in a not well lit unpopulated area and now they rape the guys wife while his skull is cracked on the gound and the child is witnessing all of this.

Some times it pays top be a pussy.

Cleveland fans suck. The whole city, except for the R & R Hall of Fame, sucks...That guy should be arrested and yes the dad is a puss for at least not reporting it, if not kicking some a$$...

This!

I went to a game in Cleveland some time ago. Putrid fans. Almost got beat up by scary girls in the bathroom because I was wearing a Pats hat. Something like, "It's a Yankee. Lynch the bitch" - totally serious. Cleveland sucks out loud.

And yes, the dad is a complete P-word.

To all the internet tough guys out there its easy to say you'd rip the guy a new a$$hole, but maybe just maybe sometimes its better to be smart (or as you say bing a pussy) than tough. Like one poster said maybe this guy was with a gruop of rowdy drunk friends and if the dad jumped in there were 4 other guys to beat this guy into a coma thus making the situation more dramatic for the child and his wife. Even darker now say it was in a not well lit unpopulated area and now they rape the guys wife while his skull is cracked on the gound and the child is witnessing all of this.

Some times it pays top be a pussy.

Where the hell did it mention the wife being there? You need to leave your fantasys out of this or post it somewhere else.

I went to the game with 9 other people, and to be honest, we were probably the largest group in green out of the entire stadium.

Although we were being obnoxious and various times walking to the stadium, outside the stadium, and after the victory, (Doing Jets chants for every a-hole browns fan or for any Jet fan we saw), while we were inside the stadium we were good.

There was a drunk a-hole who started just doing what every other drunk idiot does: Get in my face telling us to fist pump our way back to Jersey (although all of us were from NY), tell us that its pathetic we had to spell our team to find out who we are rooting for (although they spell their own 4 letter state a million times during the game),etc.

The people in our section saw what was happened and didn't do anything to get this guy back. I basically said to ignore the the guy and literally we were facing forward watching the game as he got 2 inches away from the face of my friend and started yelling. Just brutal.

Fortunately someone texted the stadium security came and actually took HIM away and kicked him out for a quarter. After the 2nd half he must have sobered up and didn't say a word the rest of the game.

Although there were other a-holes there, Browns fans were not bad, I'm sure they are comparable to how we are as a group for an away fan coming to see a home Jets game.

And compared to the Oakland fans last year, these guys were all pussies.

I basically said to ignore the the guy and literally we were facing forward watching the game as he got 2 inches away from the face of my friend and started yelling. Just brutal.

Fortunately someone texted the stadium security came and actually took HIM away and kicked him out for a quarter. After the 2nd half he must have sobered up and didn't say a word the rest of the game.

your friend is a pussy.

I don't know man, I am very defensive of my son. I watched another kid get pushy with him and had to reserve my instinct to toss the kid. When he gets a cold I want to go on a viral a$$ kicking rampage for daring to infect him. Staphyllococcus ain't got nothing on me haha! But if a grown man tackled my son when he was 8, I would honestly be seeing red. I won't judge anyone for not fighting back, it probably is the right thing to do. But I just don't think I am capable of showing that type of reserve when it comes to a grown person hurting my son. There would likely be facial metal plates and lots of drinking straws in the future or anyone who did this to my son.

I don't know man, I am very defensive of my son. I watched another kid get pushy with him and had to reserve my instinct to toss the kid. When he gets a cold I want to go on a viral a$$ kicking rampage for daring to infect him. Staphyllococcus ain't got nothing on me haha! But if a grown man tackled my son when he was 8, I would honestly be seeing red. I won't judge anyone for not fighting back, it probably is the right thing to do. But I just don't think I am capable of showing that type of reserve when it comes to a grown person hurting my son. There would likely be facial metal plates and lots of drinking straws in the future or anyone who did this to my son.

Truth be known, NONE of us know how we will react any any high stress situation involving our children.

Each situation is unique and involves different stimuli.

There are ways that we say we would hope we would act, but until you get to that moment and actual live it, it is impossible to say.

Truth be known, NONE of us know how we will react any any high stress situation involving our children.

Each situation is unique and involves different stimuli.

There are ways that we say we would hope we would act, but until you get to that moment and actual live it, it is impossible to say.

This is a good point. Never with my kid but I was at a park in DC and watched another guys 9-11 year old son get ran over by a bicyclist who was so arrogant he jumped off the ground and literally went after the little kid as he laid on the ground crying and bleeding. The father grabbed the guy and got punched in the face and from their a couple of us concerned citizens intervened to stop the madness. Park police came and I gave account and the cop was looking at me like I was making it up. It was bizarre.

If someone is drunk enough or stupid enough to think that tackling an 8 year old boy is funny, you don't hang around to see what they will do next. Believe me, I can kick some a$$, but if I was in the situation with my 9 year old son, I would do the same thing as this guy. The man of the house is the protector of his family and sometimes that role means being smart and getting out of a bad situation. Anyone who argues differently is just plain reckless.

Needless to say, children should be off limits in these situations. I have been to plenty of games where jackasses have to much to drink and curse their asses off no matter who is around them, thats bad enough, but to physially assault a freaking kid, cmon now.

There was a video of a brawl at a Marlins game where the father decided to not be a "pussy" and got into it with some fans, he proceeded to get his a$$ Whooped while his child sat in his seat having a damn hear attack crying seeing his non "pussy" dad get his face re-arranged.

Im as passionate as there is when it comes to rooting for my teams, but we need to be just a little considerate about our surroundings. This sh*t right here, I really hope they find the guy, put his face on the news, Nationwide, and see what happend to him. P.O.S.

sorry......i don't think i'm being an "internet tough guy" when i say i would likely kick the guy in the face who is getting up off the ground after he just tackled my kid.

and i still say this story is probably BS cause the whole reaction just doesn't make sense. not calling security makes no sense here. i wouldn't be surprised if it was the dad who hit the kid and made up a story.

Edited by neckdemon

Some truly unbelievable reactions in this thread. One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is that when I'm leaving any game, there are wall-to-wall people everywhere. If you stop walking you're getting pushed from behind, bumped, etc. Let's say the father decides to fight back, this leaves his 8 year old son alone where any number of things can happen. One, if he's on the ground, there's the possibility he gets trampled or someone falls on him. Potentially furthering injury. Another thing that could happen is that if he was standing after getting up from the ground, it would be very easy to lose sight of his father with all of the people pushing and shoving to get by. Lastly, the worst thing possible could happen and someone could walk off with his kid. Yes, all hypotheticals, but so is just about everything written in this thread.

That being said, honestly, I don't think the kid was tackled on purpose. The Browns' fan was probably so drunk and he just fell from either being tripped or knocked into, and he just so happened to land on the kid. If it was an accident like that, I can see the father being upset but not enough to pummel the guy because it probably was an accident. That would also explain why he didn't call the cops. Again, all hypothetical, but I could see it playing out like that instead of someone tackling the guy's son.

Cleveland fans suck. The whole city, except for the R & R Hall of Fame, sucks...That guy should be arrested and yes the dad is a puss for at least not reporting it, if not kicking some a$$...

Cleveland sucks period. The whole place could fall off the earth and they wouldn't even interrupt Seinfeld reruns to tell us about it.

I went to the first game that the Browns came back to the NFL. We had two Jets fans, one Giants fan a Steelers fan, a Dallas fan and a Dolphins fan. We held up a big sign we made that said WELCOME BACK CLEVELAND BROWNS!!!

We got into a huge fight were a group of guys followed us around the whole stadium wanting to fight us. We tried so hard not to fight them. We ended up beating the sh*t out of them and I got arrested. lol

F*CK Cleveland and their child tackling loser fans!

I took my son to his first NYJETS game when he was 4 at the Meadowlands. God help anyone who messes with him or my family anywhere for that matter. Each situation warrants a different behavior. I responded early on and after reading the posts, no one can determine what they would do at that particuliar time.

Edited by visajets

Some truly unbelievable reactions in this thread. One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is that when I'm leaving any game, there are wall-to-wall people everywhere. If you stop walking you're getting pushed from behind, bumped, etc. Let's say the father decides to fight back, this leaves his 8 year old son alone where any number of things can happen. One, if he's on the ground, there's the possibility he gets trampled or someone falls on him. Potentially furthering injury. Another thing that could happen is that if he was standing after getting up from the ground, it would be very easy to lose sight of his father with all of the people pushing and shoving to get by. Lastly, the worst thing possible could happen and someone could walk off with his kid. Yes, all hypotheticals, but so is just about everything written in this thread.

That being said, honestly, I don't think the kid was tackled on purpose. The Browns' fan was probably so drunk and he just fell from either being tripped or knocked into, and he just so happened to land on the kid. If it was an accident like that, I can see the father being upset but not enough to pummel the guy because it probably was an accident. That would also explain why he didn't call the cops. Again, all hypothetical, but I could see it playing out like that instead of someone tackling the guy's son.

Agreed. I'm a father and while I would want to fight, it's about keeping the kid safe.

Agreed. I'm a father and while I would want to fight, it's about keeping the kid safe.

Exactly. It's not about doing what you want to do in that situation, but what you have to do. And what you have to do is protect your child at all costs, even if it makes you look like a pussy.

The only thing missing from this story, is that it was the kids dad who was the drunk and instead of tackled him, stumbled over a curb and fell.

Sounds more like to me, the dad was drunk and the kid got hurt and the dad made up the story when he got home to his wife... Uh ya honey, ummm we were tackled and stuff. That seems a lot more plausible than someone tackling a guy with a kid in his arms, although I've seen worse at fenway for the yankees' sox games, so who knows.

sorry......i don't think i'm being an "internet tough guy" when i say i would likely kick the guy in the face who is getting up off the ground after he just tackled my kid.

and i still say this story is probably BS cause the whole reaction just doesn't make sense. not calling security makes no sense here. i wouldn't be surprised if it was the dad who hit the kid and made up a story.

Neck, a lot of it doesn't make sense.

But it's not being an internet tough guy to say you would have at least slugged the guy. Natural reaction is to protect your child and lash out at the person attacking your child. Picking your son up and kicking the drunk guy in the head at the same time is a natural reaction.

I wouldn't brawl with the guy because I don't want to endanger my son, but I'll definitely get a shot in on the guy. It would be easy.

1. Son got tackled from behind.

2. Pick up son by his waist and bring him to your hip

3. At same time, stomp down on the back of the guy's head on the ground, thus, thrusting his face into the pavement.

4. Run with your kid in your arms.

That's a completely natural reaction.

Edited by SMC

I think we're all dealing with hypothetical's at the moment, and the truth is the situation dictates the reaction. In your examples of course getting your child out safe is paramount. In my "hypothetical" world, I'm seeingg a CLE fan who deliberately tackles my 8 year old son and it laying on top of him. His hypothetical face is about to meet my hypothetical boot until his hypothetical body gets off my son or hypothetically goes limp and lifeless.

Edited by Boozer76

I think we're all dealing with hypothetical's at the moment, and the truth is the situation dictates the reaction. In your examples of course getting your child out safe is paramount. In my "hypothetical" world, I'm seeingg a CLE fan who deliberately tackles my 8 year old son and it laying on top of him. His hypothetical face is about to meet my hypothetical boot until his hypothetical body gets off my son or hypothetically goes limp and lifeless.

This.

Attacking the guy is PROTECTING your son. You have no idea what this crazy drunk guy intends to do. What if he is a killer trying to stab your kid?

You free your son and at the same time try to inflict pain on the attacker with your boot.

That's like your kid getting snatched off the street. What? You're not going to hit the guy to get your kid back?

Edited by SMC