8 year old Jets fan tackled at Browns game

JOJOTOWNSELL

Neck, a lot of it doesn't make sense.

But it's not being an internet tough guy to say you would have at least slugged the guy. Natural reaction is to protect your child and lash out at the person attacking your child. Picking your son up and kicking the drunk guy in the head at the same time is a natural reaction.

I wouldn't brawl with the guy because I don't want to endanger my son, but I'll definitely get a shot in on the guy. It would be easy.

1. Son got tackled from behind.

2. Pick up son by his waist and bring him to your hip

3. At same time, stomp down on the back of the guy's head on the ground, thus, thrusting his face into the pavement.

4. Run with your kid in your arms.

That's a completely natural reaction.

That's a pretty well thought out natural reaction .. lol

I don't think anyone knows what thier reaction would be, outside of hooligans like crusher (attack anything within 10 ft of child) and pansy's like jif (wet self, run away leaving kid to fend for self)

tbh, my reaction would depend on the amount of alcohol I ingested

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty well thought out natural reaction .. lol

I don't think anyone knows what thier reaction would be, outside of hooligans like crusher (attack anything within 10 ft of child) and pansy's like jif (wet self, run away leaving kid to fend for self)

tbh, my reaction would depend on the amount of alcohol I ingested

LOL. Yeah, I agree it's hard to predict. But the natural instinct is to proctect your child.

This is different from a scenario where a stranger hits your child and then walks away. The first thing you would do is go to your child to make sure he's okay. It would "tough guy" mode to then go after the stranger who is no longer a threat to hurt your child.

In this situation, the drunk guy not only hurt your child but still poses a threat. Seriously, only a pussy wouldn't attack under those circumstances. It defies logic to do what the article purports to what happened.

Drunk guy tackles kid, is still on the kid, and the dad picks up the kid. How did the dad get the guy off?

Dad: "Uhm, excuse me sir, would you please get off my son so I can see how he is?"

On a positive note for Cleveland, they've finally found someone who can make a tackle......as opposed to the three idiots that let Holmes rumble in for the game winning touchdown.

Been to Cleveland 3 times and each times the fans have gotten progressively worse. Last time it was DNA's then 17 year old son a fan decided to pick on, but was smartly whisked away by friends before Craig's son kicked his a$$.

Here it is in a nut shell:

Father & Son went to game

Drunk man after game accidently feel on kid. kid got scraps and cuts

Friends of drunk guy probably apologized to dad for the drunk friend

Dad and kid go home

Mom notices the scrapes

Asks dad what happened

Dad tells story exactly as it happened (accident)

Mom blows whole story out of proportion and adds the word tackle.

WOMEN!!!!JEEZ

Here it is in a nut shell:

Father & Son went to game

Drunk man after game accidently feel on kid. kid got scraps and cuts

Friends of drunk guy probably apologized to dad for the drunk friend

Dad and kid go home

Mom notices the scrapes

Asks dad what happened

Dad tells story exactly as it happened (accident)

Mom blows whole story out of proportion and adds the word tackle.

WOMEN!!!!JEEZ

EXACTLY!

But it's not being an internet tough guy to say you would have at least slugged the guy. Natural reaction is to protect your child and lash out at the person attacking your child. Picking your son up and kicking the drunk guy in the head at the same time is a natural reaction.

I wouldn't brawl with the guy because I don't want to endanger my son, but I'll definitely get a shot in on the guy. It would be easy.

3. At same time, stomp down on the back of the guy's head on the ground, thus, thrusting his face into the pavement.

You forgot #5. Call the freakin police!!!!

Him not calling the police adds to the Bullcrap factor. No way he doesn;t call the police.

Him not calling the police adds to the Bullcrap factor. No way he doesn;t call the police.

I thought about this, and there could be a few reasons he didn't:

1. He was drunk as well and didn't want to get in trouble himself.

2. He thought it wouldn't do any good and/or cops wouldn't believe him. Look at the well documented treatment of Jets fans in Indy and San Diego last year for reference.

3. Were there any police nearby? This didn't happen in the stadium or right outside of it. From the video, the parking lot seemed to be far away and somewhat isolated. By the time he could find a cop or call 911 the punk or punks would have been long gone. Maybe he thought it best just to get out of there before something else could happen. What good would it have done to call after that.

None of us were there, so we don't know how many drunken punks were around. These days you never know when someone has a knife or a gun, and that's a lethal mix when someone is drunk and/or on drugs. It's not that hard to believe he simply wanted to get is son the hell out of there pronto, and not bother with the cops for the reasons stated above.

Oh, completely agree.

The only way you don't call the police is if by getting your son back while stomping on the guy's head you cause some serious damage. You don't want to end up getting arrested.

Total bullcrap is right, Crush.

And, LOL Jetfanindenver. Where's Oxo when you need him to pass judgment?

The problem with this is that you don't know if the punk had a bunch of drunk friends with him. Then you have a mob chasing you with a child in your arms. If the punk is alone, you don't know if he has a gun or knife or some other weapon. So if your stomp down doesn't put him out, you have a enraged lunatic with a lethal weapon coming after you.

I thought about this, and there could be a few reasons he didn't:

1. He was drunk as well and didn't want to get in trouble himself.

2. He thought it wouldn't do any good and/or cops wouldn't believe him. Look at the well documented treatment of Jets fans in Indy and San Diego last year for reference.

3. Were there any police nearby? This didn't happen in the stadium or right outside of it. From the video, the parking lot seemed to be far away and somewhat isolated. By the time he could find a cop or call 911 the punk or punks would have been long gone. Maybe he thought it best just to get out of there before something else could happen. What good would it have done to call after that.

None of us were there, so we don't know how many drunken punks were around. These days you never know when someone has a knife or a gun, and that's a lethal mix when someone is drunk and/or on drugs. It's not that hard to believe he simply wanted to get is son the hell out of there pronto, and not bother with the cops for the reasons stated above.

BOOM, no need to type the rest.

BOOM, no need to type the rest.

Yes, it's very likely he was and makes the story believable. Even if he wasn't, I think my other points have merit. Worse things have happended that don't get reported for a variety of reasons. Also, people may not want to report things for fear of revenge. Apparently the guy was local to Cleveland, so who really knows. I can definitely believe the story though.

This story is BULL.

Jets offer to bring eight-year-old’s family to New York for game, but family declines

Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2010, 2:26 PM EST

In response to the allegation that Browns fans roughed up an eight-year-old Jets fan who attended Sunday’s game between the two teams in Cleveland, the Jets have offered to bring the boy and his family to New York for a game.

According to WEWS-TV, the family has declined.

Jets’ executive V.P. of business operations Matt Higgins saw the story, and he contacted the family with an offer from the team to fly them to New York and to host them in a suite at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

The family opted against the opportunity, explaining that they are “done with the story,” and that they simply want the city-owned parking lot in which the incident occurred to be safer.

Kudos to the Jets for making a generous offer. Our guess is that the family wants to avoid the kind of publicity that ultimately could force them to move out of Cleveland.

Especially if there’s even the slightest possibility that any of the facts have been in any way embellished.

On a positive note for Cleveland, they've finally found someone who can make a tackle......as opposed to the three idiots that let Holmes rumble in for the game winning touchdown.

Been to Cleveland 3 times and each times the fans have gotten progressively worse. Last time it was DNA's then 17 year old son a fan decided to pick on, but was smartly whisked away by friends before Craig's son kicked his a$$.

LOL, good times. This year at the Fins game in Miami some drunken fool ran up to my son (wearing a throwback Gastineau jersey) and got in his face yelling you suck!, you suck! (the idiot thought it was a Taylor jersey). My son is 21 and bigger than me and could have pounded the fool, but my fatherly instinct kicked in and I jumped in and then the jackass and I ended up pushing each other all around the plaza (kind of running at each other like rams). I didn't want to throw a punch and get thrown out of the game or arrested since we were just entering the stadium and I didn't want to waste the cost of airfare, hotel, tix and not see the friggin' game. Eventually the guy skulked away, but if one punch was thrown, then it was on, despite everything else. I don't think the jackass expected any kind of pushback, much like most bullies. The big danger though is that some fool comes out of the crowd and stick a knife in you or the mob takes over and beats everyone in your group to a pulp (though with BP and Nightstalker there, I wasn't that worried).

The problem with this is that you don't know if the punk had a bunch of drunk friends with him. Then you have a mob chasing you with a child in your arms. If the punk is alone, you don't know if he has a gun or knife or some other weapon. So if your stomp down doesn't put him out, you have a enraged lunatic with a lethal weapon coming after you.

The guy is on top of your child. You pull your child out and stomp on that guy's head at the same time. If you're worried that the guy may have a gun, knife, etc. THAT IS WHY you smash down on his face.

Pulling your son out and allowing the drunk to stand up uninjured doesn't stop the drunk from stabbing or shooting you.

sounds like to me,browns fan was drunk,phucking around,probably tripped on his 2 left feet,and appeared to tackle the kid.probably by accident.the father does nothing at first,because its not a big deal.the fathers drunk a$$ starts thinking about it later and convinces himself it was an attack.just cant see any grown man tackling an 8 year old.nomadder where you are from

The guy is on top of your child. You pull your child out and stomp on that guy's head at the same time. If you're worried that the guy may have a gun, knife, etc. THAT IS WHY you smash down on his face.

Pulling your son out and allowing the drunk to stand up uninjured doesn't stop the drunk from stabbing or shooting you.

If the punk never pulls a weapon and you beat him to a pulp, then you go to jail facing serious assault charges. Fair or not, that's the way the justice system works. Now if you stomp on him but he's still able to get up, then that's where he could pull a weapon and come after you. Even if he doesn't have a weapon, that may be enough to cause a big fight to break out including any friends that are with him. It's just not worth it.

My premise is that the guy did the right thing by getting the both of them out a dangerous situation, given the circumstances as has been reported. My guess is that the punk was so drunk he didn't know what he was doing, or maybe just fell into the kid or something similar. At any rate, is it worth escalating creating a dangerous situation where you could get killed, seriously hurt, or go to jail?

Truth be known, NONE of us know how we will react any any high stress situation involving our children.

Each situation is unique and involves different stimuli.

There are ways that we say we would hope we would act, but until you get to that moment and actual live it, it is impossible to say.

I am pretty sure that I know how I would act. The way YOU would act is the smart way and how I would like to think that I would act in this situation. However... I don't care what the situation was... there is no way in bloody hell that I let anybody touch my kid. Your way is the smart way but I highly doubt that I could allow cooler heads to prevail in that situation. If I would have seen this asshat running towards my kid he wouldn't have had a chance to tackle him... If I would have seen him make contact with my kid I would be all over him.

If the punk never pulls a weapon and you beat him to a pulp, then you go to jail facing serious assault charges. Fair or not, that's the way the justice system works. Now if you stomp on him but he's still able to get up, then that's where he could pull a weapon and come after you. Even if he doesn't have a weapon, that may be enough to cause a big fight to break out including any friends that are with him. It's just not worth it.

My premise is that the guy did the right thing by getting the both of them out a dangerous situation, given the circumstances as has been reported. My guess is that the punk was so drunk he didn't know what he was doing, or maybe just fell into the kid or something similar. At any rate, is it worth escalating creating a dangerous situation where you could get killed, seriously hurt, or go to jail?

The guy did the right thing yes... but defending your child from a proven threat should not and most likely would not land you in jail. If somebody physically assaults your defenseless child (which apparently happened) you are well within your right to neutralize the threat to your child. No way a jury throws you in jail for beating somebody up who physically harmed your defenseless child and was still in the area and capable of continuing to assault your defenseless child.

Archived