Sanchez making a case for MVP?

sh4dy15

I know this might sound crazy and be a little bit of a homer thread but ya gotta think he's at least bringing himself into the picture. I mean this is 4 wins in a row where he has put this team on his back and won us the game!

Anyone agree?

You can't be serious?

Sanchez would not recieve 1 first place vote out of the 50 cast.

I know this might sound crazy and be a little bit of a homer thread but ya gotta think he's at least bringing himself into the picture. I mean this is 4 wins in a row where he has put this team on his back and won us the game!

Anyone agree?

He's on the fringe of the conversation but building his case week by week.

Manning slipped a little bit last night but he's done a pretty amazing job with the decimation of his receiving corps this season.

Brady has to be considered one of the front-runners right now.

Rivers will be a front-runner (similar loss of receivers) if the Chargers hang on to win the division.

Not sure if Ryan is getting enough attention but he's also on the fringe and could move up with a few gaudy games.

Not sure if Vick will have done enough but he's also in the conversation at this point.

This is a tough one. Gonna need a few more weeks to shake it out before anyone can reasonably handicap this year's MVP.

You can't be serious?

Sanchez would not recieve 1 first place vote out of the 50 cast.

True right now. But if he lights up the Bengals with some good stats, and then is instrumental in beating the Pats the following week, he's going to be getting a lot more attention. It's still WAY to early to be having this discussion but...this is an internet message board.

Calm the **** down. Did I say he would win? No, all I said was is he building a case for himself.

Not saying it is right or wrong, but the MVP is usually the guy with the best statistics.

Sanchez is in the bottom 25% on many QB stats.

You have Rivers, Vick and Brady leading the pack at this time.

Not saying it is right or wrong, but the MVP is usually the guy with the best statistics.

Offensive player of the year is for the guy with the best stats.

MVP should be just that - the most valuable player to his team, and a team with a winning record. Right now, Sanchez is the most valuable player on the team with the best record in the NFL - that makes him a legitimate candidate.

Even Belichick's lapdog Peter King agrees: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/21/monday-morning-qb-week-11/2.html

The thing to remember here is it is based on the entire season's stats, and the most important stat is Wins. Rivers won't win the MVP unless the chargers start winning. Vick might win it based on what Philly did without him vs with him, but Brady has got the wins and the stats. If the Jets beat the Pats in two weeks because of Mark's play, then he is definitely a serious possibility. At this point, Mark is making a case for himself, which is what I thought the title of the thread was.

TX, I love you and all, but try reading before you post next time.

:D

He would need a ridiculous end to the season and win every game left on the schedule.

If he did that and others drop off, maybe he could enter the conversation.

Right now, there's a good 10-15 guys ahead of him IMO.

Rivers, if he gets to the playoffs is a lock IMO, Brady and Vick are right there too and Manning is carrying his team.

Then you also have Brees, Rodgers, Ryan etc.

So a QB who throws 50 times a game has a better chance than one who doesnt? Id say that means his running game sucks. Its way too early to be arguing about this bullsh*t. Keep the MVP I will take a Super Bowl trophy instead.

Difference is "right now" without Sanchez the Jets could very well be a 3-7 team.

Rivers is interesting considering the numbers he is putting up with basically all his weapons on the sidelines. If the Chargers make their usual run he will get alot of consideration.

"Right now" though the leaders IMHO are Vick and Brady.

The thing to remember here is it is based on the entire season's stats, and the most important stat is Wins. Rivers won't win the MVP unless the chargers start winning. Vick might win it based on what Philly did without him vs with him, but Brady has got the wins and the stats. If the Jets beat the Pats in two weeks because of Mark's play, then he is definitely a serious possibility. At this point, Mark is making a case for himself, which is what I thought the title of the thread was.

TX, I love you and all, but try reading before you post next time.

:D

Exactly, thats all I was saying. Pretty awesome to even say he is near the conversation in his 2nd year and he really is getting better every single game.

Sanchez leads a team that is ahead of ALL of those teams.

You should know better than anyone... it is about wins not meaningless passing stats.

Sanchez leads a team that is ahead of ALL of those teams.

You should know better than anyone... it is about wins not meaningless passing stats.

First, not sure why everyone calls King BB's lapdog since the two don't speak to each other....but whatever....

Rivers is the MVP. Period, the end. SD will win it's division (you heard it here first) - Rivers has kept that team afloat on his own, with no one around him and an idiot HC. He's done more with a lot less.

Offensive player of the year is for the guy with the best stats.

MVP should be just that - the most valuable player to his team, and a team with a winning record. Right now, Sanchez is the most valuable player on the team with the best record in the NFL - that makes him a legitimate candidate.

Even Belichick's lapdog Peter King agrees: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/21/monday-morning-qb-week-11/2.html

Unfortunately, MVP voting does not work that way.

Again, Sanchez will not recieve a single MVP vote because of his poor statistics.

Anyone agree?

He's gotta have a few more big numbers games.. also, the perception, even amongst our own fans, is that this is team that wins with defense...that will hurt him re:MVP

First, not sure why everyone calls King BB's lapdog since the two don't speak to each other....but whatever....

Rivers is the MVP. Period, the end. SD will win it's division (you heard it here first) - Rivers has kept that team afloat on his own, with no one around him and an idiot HC. He's done more with a lot less.

is that really newsworthy? I imagine 7-8 out of 10 people would agree

Unfortunately, MVP voting does not work that way.

Again, Sanchez will not recieve a single MVP vote because of his poor statistics.

Really? That's funny because as the season progresses, his numbers are starting to look more and more like the type of numbers Brady put up in the years the Pats were actually able to cheat their way to SB wins.

The only difference is Sanchez doesn't know the defense prior to evey snap. That must account for his 4.5% deficiency in completion percentage to the typical Brady number from early in his career.

Theyre actually talking about this on ESPN Radio saying he is definitely making his way into the conversation at least. His stats have been getting better too, 315 yds 3 TD's yesterday is pretty damn good. Just nice to hear who everyone thought was our "WEAK LINK" in the converstion for MVP.

So a QB who throws 50 times a game has a better chance than one who doesnt? Id say that means his running game sucks. Its way too early to be arguing about this bullsh*t. Keep the MVP I will take a Super Bowl trophy instead.

+1

I want a franchise QB because that's the fast track to a Super Bowl. You can keep your league MVP trophy. Too often that's for Super Bowl losers like Manning last year or Brady in 2007. Like it's the Diva Consolation Prize. Who gives a crap?

The important thing is that Sanchez is growing into being a clutch QB. Jets are converting third downs at a much better rate, and -more importantly- they're winning whenever Sanchez has one last chance to get the win. Last year they won games with him merely managing the game, or outright despite his poor play. This year, he's carrying the team to victories. And he's supposed to be in some sort of sophomore slump! What happened to that?!?

I'm extremely pleased with where Sanchez is on the development curve right now.

There is no way it isn't Vick, before it could be Manning or Rivers. Right now actually I hear Brady mentioned a lot, although I think that is ridiculous.

I'd expect some votes going Sanchez' way if the voters actually watched games. The Jets OL right now is living off of name value. It does not run block at all, and the pass blocking is very shoddy too. Sanchez is getting pressured on virtually every down and it's making no difference most of the time. That's the mark of a top QB in this league. Rivers, Brady, Brees, Vick and Peyton Manning all have one thing in common and that's the ability to elude the pass rush, which nearly every NFL team has. This is what separates the tier 1 QBs from everybody else. At this level, virtually everyone can put up excellent stats with zero pressure.

I think the voting is done at the end of the season. If the Jets finish 14-2 with Sanchez having more games like the one he just had, you have to put him in the equation, no question. Kid's got serious grit. Dude is basically John Elway II.

Calm the **** down. Did I say he would win? No, all I said was is he building a case for himself.

LOL, It's like the trolls forgot they were supposed to annoy us, not vise versa. Seriously TX needs to chill. I hear what you're saying. If he finishes strong (with a couple more 300+ 3 and 1's and the Jets keep winning) he could be in the conversation.

Archived