Are We For Real?

Jet27

So I ask all of you. Are we for real?

If I can add my two cents to start, here is what I think.

1. In years past we dont win any of the last 4 games (I include the Denver game).

2. We are 8 and 2, and the "experts" continue to throw darts at us.

3. A good team will always find a way to win (look at Montana & Elway).

4. Luck has nothing to do with it.

5. Our offensive startegy is turning from ground and pound into throwing it alot.

6. Our defense needs to shape up.

7. Our Coaching needs to figure somethings out (i.e. 53 yard field goals???).

8. And once we beat the Bengals and then finally do away with the Pats, then and only then will the "experts" say we are the best.

So I ask all of you. Are we for real?

If I can add my two cents to start, here is what I think.

1. In years past we dont win any of the last 4 games (I include the Denver game).

2. We are 8 and 2, and the "experts" continue to throw darts at us.

3. A good team will always find a way to win (look at Montana & Elway).

4. Luck has nothing to do with it.

5. Our offensive startegy is turning from ground and pound into throwing it alot.

6. Our defense needs to shape up.

7. Our Coaching needs to figure somethings out (i.e. 53 yard field goals???).

8. And once we beat the Bengals and then finally do away with the Pats, then and only then will the "experts" say we are the best.

1) Agree

2) Agree: They will always throw darts at us no matter what.

3) Agree

4) Disagree: Caught a huge break when jackass Lions coach decides to throw in instead of run the clock. Even the Texans games yesterday how they let Edwards get no only behind a defender but get the sideline and have a safety at least 10 yards away from the play is just ridiculous.

5) Disagree. IF the Jets are going to get to the Super Bowl they are going to have to find that chemistry last year that they had on the OL to become ground and pound again. I can't see them winning an air battle in the cold and wind of January at the Medowlands.

6) Agree 5,000 percent

7) Yeah like fixing the defense and getting the running game going again.

8) Nope. Cause then the Steelers will be lurking in the shadows.

No one in the AFC has stepped up to be the hands on favorite yet. The Jets are there but you also have the Pats, Steelers, Ravens and lurking in the background SD and Indy.

The Jets are for real. They do though have their issues as does everyone else.

yes we are, but I do not agree with you, I don't have a problem with the 53 yard FG try, I was sitting in that endzone and was 3rd row 2nd deck, there was a pretty good breeze at my back and the flags were not moving. I bet Rex and/or Folk did not know about the wind as it did not start until just before then. He was only short a foot or two so without the wind he makes it. I like Rex trying to get points on the board.

This belongs here as well.

The numbers don't lie, Jets are better than the Pats

Record -- Tie

Jets -- 8-2

Pats -- 8-2

Head-to-Head -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 1-0

Pats -- 0-1

Division Record -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 3-0

Pats -- 2-1

Conference Record -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 6-1

Pats -- 7-2

Overall Offense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 9th

Pats -- 17th

Scoring Offense -- Adv. Pats

Jets -- 12th

Pats -- 1st

Passing Offense -- Adv. Pats

Jets -- 17th

Pats -- 16th

Rushing Offense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 4th

Pats -- 16th

Overall Defense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 7th

Pats -- 30th

Scoring Defense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 5th

Pats --23rd

Passing Defense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 16th

Pats -- 31st

Rushing Defense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 5th

Pats --17th

Point Differential -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 61

Pats -- 47

This belongs here as well.

The numbers don't lie, Jets are better than the Pats

Record -- Tie

Jets -- 8-2

Pats -- 8-2

Head-to-Head -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 1-0

Pats -- 0-1

Division Record -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 3-0

Pats -- 2-1

Conference Record -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 6-1

Pats -- 7-2

Overall Offense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 9th

Pats -- 17th

Scoring Offense -- Adv. Pats

Jets -- 12th

Pats -- 1st

Passing Offense -- Adv. Pats

Jets -- 17th

Pats -- 16th

Rushing Offense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 4th

Pats -- 16th

Overall Defense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 7th

Pats -- 30th

Scoring Defense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 5th

Pats --23rd

Passing Defense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 16th

Pats -- 31st

Rushing Defense -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 5th

Pats --17th

Point Differential -- Adv. Jets

Jets -- 61

Pats -- 47

If the Jets are so much better, then why do they have the exact same record as the Pats?

The Jets are off to their best start in their 50 year history, and the Pats are in a re-building year, and they still have the exact same record as the Jets.

Too funny.

If the Jets are so much better, then why do they have the exact same record as the Pats?

The Jets are off to their best start in their 50 year history, and the Pats are in a re-building year, and they still have the exact same record as the Jets.

Too funny.

If all things are equal, why do they list us ahead of the cheats? :blink:

In order to get by the coming very tough games on the schedule the Jets must

1) Get some one to cover TE’s-----Geez

2) Get the running game back on track

3) Find a pass rush from their front 7

4) Revis needs to start playing better--------he’s been a Jag so far this year

Too funny.

That makes no sense.

Are you saying that the Jets should be 10-0 then? There are no team with a better record than the Jets, so you expect the Jets to outperform the league norm?

You're getting senile in your old age.

BTW, the Pats' aren't "rebuilding." What are they rebuilding? They're just trying to milk the final years of a HOF QB with lesser talent and saving money. Awful defenses like the Pats have don't get better simply because they get older. They simply become an older, sucky defense.

Too funny.

Actually, the Jets were 10-1 in 1986, I believe that that is a better record than 8-2. If my math is wrong please show me the proofs oh wise belicheatin fan... :rolleyes:

That makes no sense.

Are you saying that the Jets should be 10-0 then? There are no team with a better record than the Jets, so you expect the Jets to outperform the league norm?

You're getting senile in your old age.

BTW, the Pats' aren't "rebuilding." What are they rebuilding? They're just trying to milk the final years of a HOF QB with lesser talent and saving money. Awful defenses like the Pats have don't get better simply because they get older. They simply become an older, sucky defense.

Not rebuilding???????

Any other team that has 7 rookie starters on offense and defense would be 2-8 right now.

BTW, Peter King agrees with my assessment of the Jets:

I've blown up the Fine Fifteen, promoting the Packers and demoting the Jets. I admire the Jets quite a bit for their late-game moxie, and it's all about the W's, but in the past three weeks they've had to fight to the death to beat two- (Detroit), three- (Cleveland) and four-win (Houston) teams.

http://images.si.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/21/monday-morning-qb-week-11/index.html

Actually, the Jets were 10-1 in 1986, I believe that that is a better record than 8-2. If my math is wrong please show me the proofs oh wise belicheatin fan.

Opps, forgot about that year.

BTW, who was the TV analyist who said the Jets would lose the rest of their games that year?

Jets limped home 1-4 and were a non-factor in the playoffs.

Opps, forgot about that year.

BTW, who was the TV analyist who said the Jets would lose the rest of their games that year?

Jets limped home 1-4 and were a non-factor in the playoffs.

They beat KC that year and took CLE to 2OT, and would've won that game if Gastineau didn't plow into Kosar late. They weren't exactly a non-factor in the 86 playoffs.