"Who cares about this year? Sanchez will be a top 10 QB going forward"

serphnx

According to Steve Young. The stuff Sanchez was doing on that final drive is really heady stuff and shows he is extremely intelligent. According to Steve Young, Sanchez reminds him of a young Tom Brady. This was all on ESPN radio around 4:50 PM, 11/22/2010, 1050 AM.

Young says he's already caught up to Flacco and Ryan, and that's huge because obviously Sanchez is only a 2nd year guy. He's not in the elite right now, because there's so much more to go, but obviously Steve thinks this year doesn't even truly matter because he's pretty much guaranteed to be a top guy for the next 10 years.

Pretty high praise from an all time great. You're free to disagree of course, but bring more than just standard trolling. That goes double for the Cheatriots fans.

I think the Chadophiles of the past that started comparing Chad to Montana and how much better than Brady he was make it very difficult to have this conversation without being ridiculed.

For the record I hated the prospect of Chad Pennington at QB even when he was rolling in his first "magical" season. His shortcomings were obvious from the get go and he was exposed finally by OAK that year. I am quite honestly skeptical of any young QB until he's been in the league for a few years. Too many times we see media, fans, everyone jumping on the dicks of young QB's only to later see that they were busts in the making (cough cough Vince Young).

Aside from all the mistakes Mark has made, he has one incredibly valuable talent and skill that can't be coached, taught, or developed over time-Resiliency. Resiliency to me is a skill that can easily be lost over time, but rarely gained. If you are not a resilient person by nature, you're not likely to become a resilient person down the line. Mark has an amazing talent to keep bouncing back. He's like Rocky in the sense that he can get hit, throw picks, make mistakes, but yet he still keeps coming full forcer and he just does not give up. When a guy with this quality puts all the other difficulties of playing QB together, they tend to become a real force at the position. I'm nopt saying Sanchez is or will be a top tier QB in the NFL, but I do believe he damn well can be and is in the right direction thus far.

According to Steve Young. The stuff Sanchez was doing on that final drive is really heady stuff and shows he is extremely intelligent. According to Steve Young, Sanchez reminds him of a young Tom Brady. This was all on ESPN radio around 4:50 PM, 11/22/2010, 1050 AM.

Young says he's already caught up to Flacco and Ryan, and that's huge because obviously Sanchez is only a 2nd year guy. He's not in the elite right now, because there's so much more to go, but obviously Steve thinks this year doesn't even truly matter because he's pretty much guaranteed to be a top guy for the next 10 years.

Pretty high praise from an all time great. You're free to disagree of course, but bring more than just standard trolling. That goes double for the Cheatriots fans.

No trolling, but I will provide some facts for the debate.

Sanchez currently is:

Ranked 32nd in completion percentage at 54.7%

Ranked 25th in YPA

Ranked 24th in passer rating at 80.5%

Ranked 15th in yards at 1,991

Sanchez currently is:

Ranked 25th in YPA

He's also 1-0 against the cheats, and piloting the best record in football.

Top 10 isn't a very lofty goal. That's basically in the top 1/3 of the league. I never bought too much Pennington hype, but he probably spent a decent amount of his career in that range.

I agree with Boozer, Sanchez seems to have it. He seems prepared and confident. He doesn't look like he's going to sh*t his pampers back there the way some guys do - Eli Manning I'm talking to you. He has a way to go, but he's doing the job.

serphnx Young is right the things Sanchez is doing in the 4th quarter are very smart plays. One of the smartest plays he made all year was the pass to Holmes on the pass interference play it was a much better option than trying to force in a first down throw to a covered WR, he gave Holmes the chance to make a play. He did the same thing this week with Braylon Edwards only difference is, it was a perfect pass, hit the guy in stride and stayed calm to find Holmes in the corner of the endzone for the win. The pass to Tomlinson was pretty damn smart as well.

The one thing I see from Tom Brady (and its the ONLY thing I see) is his calmness. The kid is very confident and very calm and thats very rare for such a young player. IMO Sanchez has every tool a QB needs to succeed and he has a big arm when he needs to get it there in a hurry as well. This year Sanchez has made strides in protecting the football, not only with less interceptions, but with less fumbles as well. Hes going to be a great one and the biggest reason why more than any is what you hear from the coaches and the HC, hes the first one in and the last one out. Alot of QB's have the ability or they would not be at this level, but how many of them have the constant determination ? Thats what will make Sanchez great.

Top 10 isn't a very lofty goal. That's basically in the top 1/3 of the league. I never bought too much Pennington hype, but he probably spent a decent amount of his career in that range.

I agree with Boozer, Sanchez seems to have it. He seems prepared and confident. He doesn't look like he's going to sh*t his pampers back there the way some guys do - Eli Manning I'm talking to you. He has a way to go, but he's doing the job.

Sanchez is doing something this year that makes him worthy of top 5 status IMO hes winning games in the 4th quarter just like all the great ones have. How many QB's in the league have as many 4th quarter comebacks as Sanchez ? If you ask me this is where a QB is Judged.

Sanchez currently is:

Ranked 25th in YPA

He actually...

Is completing 55.1% of his passes, has a 6.9 YPA (Tom Brady is at 7.2), has 2306 passing yards (Brady - 2362), and a passer rating of 82.8.

No mention of his 15 TD's against 7 int's? Shocking!

QB's generally slump in their second year, but instead Sanchez is about 20 points passer rating-wise ahead of where he finished last season. Remember when the trolls used to cite the rookie QB's lack of late game comeback wins? Good times! I guess now that Sanchez is winning every game in the last drive that that one no longer works.

And of course, the thread is about the future and not this year, as made extremely clear to even the most simple minded in the thread's title. The idea is that he's improved significantly in his second season, and has already passed quality 3rd year QB's like Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco, despite his lack of college experience. Hence the high ceiling that he seems to be approaching. He's playing beyond his years buying time with his feet while looking downfield and making plays. Most young QB's just run in those situations, Sanchez is at his best throwing in those spots.

No trolling my a$. :rolleyes:

To add more information, since I didn't mention exactly what the intelligence was that Steve Young loved so much: Sanchez seemingly will always start his 2 minute drills/TD drives with a dimpoff to LT in the middle. The reason this is such a great play is that you get 2 of them for free because nobody covers it, and as we know the past few weeks those 20 or so yards have been huge. On the deep pass to Braylon, I'm sure people noticed this so I didn't point it out either, Sanchez looked off the Safety to the middle of the field and forced him to commit, and then hit Braylon deep with a perfect pass.

Now personally, I think that was just very bad defense and poor coaching. For some reason the Texans gave Braylon the sideline and allowed Sanchez the outside throw. If I'm a defensive coach I am livid or fired because that's just piss poor technique and philosophy. That's like the Brian Schottenheimer of defense type thinking right there, cover the middle and allow the guy the sideline because you think they think you'll try to cover the sideline so they'll go middle. I don't understand the coverage scheme there at all. I think that just might be a reason the Texans are last in pass D, but I don't usually watch their games.

Top 10 might not be lofty, but when is the last time the Jets could say they had a top 10 QB?

Personally I think Sanchez can make top 5, but that's another thread and I'm just relaying Steve Young's analysis here (and of course some of my own I guess on the above).

Sanchez currently is:

Ranked 25th in YPA

He's 8-2 and ranked 1 in the AFC East, that's all you need to really concern yourself with, paranoid old dousche.

Sanchez currently is:

Ranked 25th in YPA

6th in yards per completion.

Bradyngton and his sissy dumpoff game is 25th.

Tell your fag QB throw it like a man already.

If he goes toe to toe with Brady in two weeks, matches him TD for TD, then I'll join the chorus anointing him. There's a lot to love right now, but I need to see him take the team on his back against a better team than the Browns, Broncos and the putrid Texans secondary.. (I know, what a dick I am. Blahblahblah)

If he goes toe to toe with Brady in two weeks, matches him TD for TD, then I'll join the chorus anointing him. There's a lot to love right now, but I need to see him take the team on his back against a better team than the Browns, Broncos and the putrid Texans secondary.. (I know, what a dick I am. Blahblahblah)

Out of those three, only the Texans is worse than the Pats. No one gives up a higher completion percentage than the Pats, or have given up more first downs. Only the Texans and Cowboys have given up more than their 20 TD's.

Sanchez currently is:

Ranked 25th in YPA

Hey Tx do you rate stats over 4th quarter comebacks ? Tom Bradys first 3 years were nothing spectacular at all stat wise but he was ICE in the 4th quarter would you trade that for this dribble your posting here would you trade Bradys 4th Qr heroics for a better stat line ? Does Mark Sanchez not get the same notoriety as a Young Tom Brady ? Also if your going to post stats at all post the updated ones including yesterdays game.

Ill take the win. :P

Out of those three, only the Texans is worse than the Pats. No one gives up a higher completion percentage than the Pats, or have given up more first downs. Only the Texans and Cowboys have given up more than their 20 TD's.

Good calls. I think this is going to be the watermark game, though. The Jets running game and defense are both reeling right now and Brady looks to have righted the ship after the Moss defection and should be able to put up some points this time around. It shapes up to be Sanchez v. Brady, which should be fun.

Good calls. I think this is going to be the watermark game, though. The Jets running game and defense are both reeling right now and Brady looks to have righted the ship after the Moss defection and should be able to put up some points this time around. It shapes up to be Sanchez v. Brady, which should be fun.

Obviously, you hope the Jets' defense comes to play that week. It'll be interesting to see how they opt to defend Welker and his annoying 8.8 ypc.

If Sanchez is forced to match Brady TD for TD, that's a-whole-nother ballgame. That could be the week we see Sanchez running some no huddle during the course of the game. That's something I'd like to see them incorporate, anyway, and that would be an excellent week to unveil it.

Obviously, you hope the Jets' defense comes to play that week. It'll be interesting to see how they opt to defend Welker and his annoying 8.8 ypc.

If Sanchez is forced to match Brady TD for TD, that's a-whole-nother ballgame. That could be the week we see Sanchez running some no huddle during the course of the game. That's something I'd like to see them incorporate, anyway, and that would be an excellent week to unveil it.

Oh, hell yes. The roadblock, naturally, will be Schottenheimer trying to out-coach Belichick and coming into the game with so many bells and whistles that he (as usual) insists on ruining any momentum Sanchez could likely generate against the Pats vulnerable pass D. Running no-huddle would be the perfect way to keep Schott from getting in the way. Great point on the no-huddle and I'd looooove to see it.

He's playing much better than he gave any reason to expect coming into this season. Credit this to everyone, especially Sanchez, but one man who constantly acts as his antagonist despite working for the same team.

The signs are all there for me...starting with that Keller throw against SD last year...it's a matter of actually doing it...and he's pulling it off so far. Gotta respect that...definitely can't knock it...but he's still in the making.

The offense coaches have done an incredible job developing this guy...I know that's sinful to say, but it's just something that goes amazingly ignored on this board. Obviously Sanchez does his part and his work, but no kid just shows up to the NFL knowing what it takes to prepare, to lead, to play...Those guys and the Jets as a whole have put this guy into a position to succeed and it's paid big dividends already.

I think the Chadophiles of the past that started comparing Chad to Montana and how much better than Brady he was make it very difficult to have this conversation without being ridiculed.

For the record I hated the prospect of Chad Pennington at QB even when he was rolling in his first "magical" season. His shortcomings were obvious from the get go and he was exposed finally by OAK that year. I am quite honestly skeptical of any young QB until he's been in the league for a few years. Too many times we see media, fans, everyone jumping on the dicks of young QB's only to later see that they were busts in the making (cough cough Vince Young).

Aside from all the mistakes Mark has made, he has one incredibly valuable talent and skill that can't be coached, taught, or developed over time-Resiliency. Resiliency to me is a skill that can easily be lost over time, but rarely gained. If you are not a resilient person by nature, you're not likely to become a resilient person down the line. Mark has an amazing talent to keep bouncing back. He's like Rocky in the sense that he can get hit, throw picks, make mistakes, but yet he still keeps coming full forcer and he just does not give up. When a guy with this quality puts all the other difficulties of playing QB together, they tend to become a real force at the position. I'm nopt saying Sanchez is or will be a top tier QB in the NFL, but I do believe he damn well can be and is in the right direction thus far.

In fairness, after the Redskins game, Steve Young called Michael Vick the greatest weapon ever at the QB position.

He's playing much better than he gave any reason to expect coming into this season. Credit this to everyone, especially Sanchez, but one man who constantly acts as his antagonist despite working for the same team.

The signs are all there for me...starting with that Keller throw against SD last year...it's a matter of actually doing it...and he's pulling it off so far. Gotta respect that...definitely can't knock it...but he's still in the making.

The offense coaches have done an incredible job developing this guy...I know that's sinful to say, but it's just something that goes amazingly ignored on this board. Obviously Sanchez does his part and his work, but no kid just shows up to the NFL knowing what it takes to prepare, to lead, to play...Those guys and the Jets as a whole have put this guy into a position to succeed and it's paid big dividends already.

Wait what? I thought coaches had absolutely no impact on the offense and it was all execution?

You stupid bastard, I bet when you go outside people punch you in the mouth everytime you talk, and that's why you're on here all the time.

Oh, hell yes. The roadblock, naturally, will be Schottenheimer trying to out-coach Belichick and coming into the game with so many bells and whistles that he (as usual) insists on ruining any momentum Sanchez could likely generate against the Pats vulnerable pass D. Running no-huddle would be the perfect way to keep Schott from getting in the way. Great point on the no-huddle and I'd looooove to see it.

That will be my biggest fear about the game. The Jets have done poorly when given extra time to prepare, generally outsmarting themselves (see: opener, post bye games), while Belichick is deadly with extra time to prepare.

Jets would be wise to not get to clever against NE, and instead just line up their talent and play physically.

Sanchez currently is:

Ranked 25th in YPA

actually he is 31/33 in completion pct at 55.1%

he is 23rd in y/a at 6.9.....btw peyton manning in 7.0 and brady is 7.2 so let's not act like he is so far behind. and fwiw, he is way ahead of brady in yds/completion at 12.5 to brady's 11.0.

to see you use passer rating in an argument is a ******* joke so i won't even comment on it.

and he's ranked 13th in yds @ 2306.......right behind brady who is 12th with 2362.

no sanchez vs. brady will not be fun. you better hope the defense shows up. because while i think sanchez is progressing....he isn't ready to win a shootout with one of the best qb's to play the game.

actually he is 31/33 in completion pct at 55.1%

he is 23rd in y/a at 6.9.....btw peyton manning in 7.0 and brady is 7.2 so let's not act like he is so far behind. and fwiw, he is way ahead of brady in yds/completion at 12.5 to brady's 11.0.

to see you use passer rating in an argument is a ******* joke so i won't even comment on it.

and he's ranked 13th in yds @ 2306.......right behind brady who is 12th with 2362.

Sanchez is nothing more than a system QB.

Wait what? I thought coaches had absolutely no impact on the offense and it was all execution?

You stupid bastard, I bet when you go outside people punch you in the mouth everytime you talk, and that's why you're on here all the time.

Ugh...Please go f*ck yourself, suck my balls, and reconsider calling anyone on this board stupid considering you're the "zomg this offense has no ROUTES!!" guy. It takes a special kind of stupid to come up with that one...especially after the "where are the screens?" thread before that. Go back to bragging about ignoring me while convincing yourself that you've been quiet on the issue.

That will be my biggest fear about the game. The Jets have done poorly when given extra time to prepare, generally outsmarting themselves (see: opener, post bye games), while Belichick is deadly with extra time to prepare.

Jets would be wise to not get to clever against NE, and instead just line up their talent and play physically.

Completely agree with this...We have the better, more experienced players at everywhere but QB.

That said the Pats scare me for a few reasons:

- The TEs are nasty.

- The lack of Moss creates a perceived lack of focus in the passing game that probably isn't there. They have a bunch of guys they don't mind throwing to, and that's a great way to knock out our man to man skills at CB.

- The in-season defensive stats are overvalued. There's alot of young talent on that D, especially in the secondary. With Belichick leading them...we're going to see some sh*t...Sanchez is probably going to see some stuff he hasn't seen yet.

- We're "due" for a loss on the road.

Ok I have to go change my underwear BRB. :lol:

Sanchez is nothing more than a system QB.

Glad you said this because Early in Tom Bradys career he was nothing more than a system QB. Unless of course you think Tom Brady was ever capable of scrambling to make things happen as well as Sanchez does. Sanchez is anything but a system QB, think of another arguement.

Decrepit old troll is old and decrepit.

So is the material.

haha..

i'd prefer not to jinx this, we've been down this road before with a young QB, at least this time I don't see anything preventing him from ever being great like you had with Chad..

I love that we're throwing a ton more deep routes, good move on shotty's part imo

Archived