Tom Brady complaining again

faba

Brady: Colts tried to illegally simulate snap count

Recommend Comment(14) Email Print Facebook RSS

Nov 22, 2010

By Danny Picard

CSNNE.com

Tom Brady was quite upset at the end of Sunday's 31-28 win over the Indianapolis Colts, but at the time it was unclear as to why he was so mad.

Turns out, Brady was mad at the fact that the Colts' defensive line was simulating the snap count in an attempt to get the Patriots' offensive line to jump early, causing a penalty, and essentially stopping the clock.

The Pats never jumped, and ran the clock out with a kneel, but Brady said on his weekly WEEI Radio appearance Monday that he was just trying to "create some awareness" for the referees at the time.

"Well the defensive line, they can't simulate a snap count, at the end of the game, you know, when you're kneeling on the ball," said Brady. "And really, the only thing that could have stopped us was an offensive penalty to stop the clock. So, you know, I'm in the middle of my snap count, and the defensive tackle is going, 'Hut, hut' to try to get us to jump offsides. To me, the only thing that the ref should be listening for is that."

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady: Colts tried to illegally simulate snap count

Recommend Comment(14) Email Print Facebook RSS

Nov 22, 2010

By Danny Picard

CSNNE.com

Tom Brady was quite upset at the end of Sunday's 31-28 win over the Indianapolis Colts, but at the time it was unclear as to why he was so mad.

Turns out, Brady was mad at the fact that the Colts' defensive line was simulating the snap count in an attempt to get the Patriots' offensive line to jump early, causing a penalty, and essentially stopping the clock.

The Pats never jumped, and ran the clock out with a kneel, but Brady said on his weekly WEEI Radio appearance Monday that he was just trying to "create some awareness" for the referees at the time.

"Well the defensive line, they can't simulate a snap count, at the end of the game, you know, when you're kneeling on the ball," said Brady. "And really, the only thing that could have stopped us was an offensive penalty to stop the clock. So, you know, I'm in the middle of my snap count, and the defensive tackle is going, 'Hut, hut' to try to get us to jump offsides. To me, the only thing that the ref should be listening for is that."

Surprised that Mr Brady doesn't get it that even if they called a penalty, he has the ability to run the clock out regardless.

A penalty would have done nothing to get the ball back to the Colts.

If this would have been Sanchez complaining, TX would be all over him telling him to "learn the game"

When Sanchez accomplishes half of what Brady has, then he will earn the right to say anything he damn pleases.

No one has the right to be a whiny little bitch p***y f****t c***smoker like Tom Brady seems to think he has the right to be.

You'd never hear Peyton Manning whine like that. You know why? He's a ******* man.

You'd never hear Peyton Manning whine like that. You know why? He's a ******* man.

Do you know anything about football?

Peyton's whinning earlier this season about the position of the referee resulted in a league-wide change.

Temper you Brady penis envy and pay attention.

No one has the right to be a whiny little bitch p***y f****t c***smoker like Tom Brady seems to think he has the right to be.

you just made me think of something with that post Kleck; you hardly ever hear any opposing players saying anything good about Brady do you?

Surprised that Mr Brady doesn't get it that even if they called a penalty, he has the ability to run the clock out regardless.

A penalty would have done nothing to get the ball back to the Colts.

What would have happened if the Colts caused an early snap and the ball was fumbled into the end zone and recovered by the Colts for a TD? Or even if the Pats recovered in the end zone for a safety?

Pats would be up 1 and punting from their 20. One play and the Colts would be in FG range for the win.

When Sanchez accomplishes half of what Brady has, then he will earn the right to say anything he damn pleases.

TX-That is an ignorant comment.

Just because Brady has won SB's does not give him the right to say stupid things. Even if the Pats got called on a penalty, they had the ability to run the clock down. Brady should know that.

TX-If you want to take the tact of being to the letter of the law on issues, don't be the whiney prick when it is done to your team. You are acting like the kid whose birthday it is, and will share nothing.

We get it-your team that you follow has won a few SB's. But he way that you tromp around here is like YOU actually accomplished something. Stop being a horses a$$.

What would have happened if the Colts caused an early snap and the ball was fumbled into the end zone and recovered by the Colts for a TD? Or even if the Pats recovered in the end zone for a safety?

Pats would be up 1 and punting from their 20. One play and the Colts would be in FG range for the win.

That would be teh awesome!

Brady said he was worrying about he "penalty".

Stop trying to channel Tom Brady

And the Pats would have lost and you wouldn't be on JN being a douche right now?

I fail to see the problem.

Don't you think the Jets DLine should be more concerned trying to figure out a way to generate a pass rush?

Bwa-hahahhahaahahahaha

What a jerkoff....The Jets are 8-2 in sole possession of 1st place.

I would think you have other things to worry about, like Big Suh. You think he might get a shot at Bieber?

Spin doctor strikes again. You should stick to your opinions TX, not change them when they suit you..

So if I get this straight, when Sanchez wins a couple Super Bowls he will earn the right to be a whiny, crying,pos pussy? HM go figure

I'm sensing redundancy.

It is time for him to be banned.

I know that he is a good guy off this board. But, act as the pompous jerk all the time is a tired act. I could take it when the Patriots were obviously better than the Jets, because you earn that as a fan (to a degree).

There are no Jet fans on this board that think this team is without holes. But he is now picking every small detail, and objects when it is done in return. Turn about is not fair play in his world.

It is time for the ban. And it should be done before the Jets Pats game. Regardless the outcome of that game, it will divert the attention away from what should be a good game, with is "look at me, look at me" theatrics.

Max, do it.

I know that he is a good guy off this board. But, act as the pompous jerk all the time is a tired act. I could take it when the Patriots were obviously better than the Jets, because you earn that as a fan (to a degree).

There are no Jet fans on this board that think this team is without holes. But he is now picking every small detail, and objects when it is done in return. Turn about is not fair play in his world.

It is time for the ban. And it should be done before the Jets Pats game. Regardless the outcome of that game, it will divert the attention away from what should be a good game, with is "look at me, look at me" theatrics.

Max, do it.

+ a helluva lot

I don't know that he's a good guy off the board, but I do know that he's a douchebag on it. Any 50+ year old man who spends all his time trolling rival football teams message boards is probably a douche in real life, too.

Max, do it.

JMO but crazy talk. I think we annoy him as much as vice versa at this point. He serves a purpose as a couter-point too. Better then us just jerking each other off all day. But again, jmo. If he was banned I wouldn't loose sleep. Just being honest here.

JMO but crazy talk. I think we annoy him as much as vice versa at this point. He serves a purpose as a couter-point too. Better then us just jerking each other off all day. But again, jmo. If he was banned I wouldn't loose sleep. Just being honest here.

Hess-MY opinion-This fan base (at least on this board) does a pretty good job policing itself.

I own Tx, but f^ck him. He serves no purpose. Jet fans self-critique this team more than Tx ever legitimately does, and they do it with honesty (even if it's occasionally misguided). Tx is a blowhard bullsh*t salesman who attempts to hijack every thread he posts in.

This place has gotten significantly worse since he was let out.

Archived