Folk a Serious Problem

GangisGreen

It is bas enough he misses FG, but almost missed an XP and even his kickoffs are terrible. He really is a liability.

I thought his 1st short kick off was a fluke. Obviously not. Never did hear any of the booth morons comment on it. :blink: Is he hurt is my question?

Im not ready to call it in on him. He was clutch in the beginning of the season and had one BAD game so far. That PAT he nearly missed today if you look at it the rush to block the kick was coming hard from his right and it looked like he meant to push the kick to the left to keep it away from them. yes he almost missed it but I would say it looked like he pushed it on purpose.

If I was calling the shots, Jeff Reed would have been on this team after Folk's disgrace against the Browns.

I've never felt less confident in a Jets kicker — even Doug Brien.

You want to replace a guy hitting 75% with a guy hitting 68%? You think that makes sense? How about the fact that the Bengals supposedly offered him a deal and he turned them down? Two teams offered him deals back last week and he turned them down. It's even possible that the Jets were the other team. When a guy is kicking bad and doesnt' want to kick you can't force him to play. He's still getting paid by the Steelers. He's probably gelling up his hair for a night on the town as we speak.

EDIT: Looks like he turned down the Bengals and 49ers.

It is bas enough he misses FG, but almost missed an XP and even his kickoffs are terrible. He really is a liability.

I happened to be right in front of that kick (my brother in law got some great seats lol) but seriously, that was a bad snap on the PAT. Weatherford made a very nice play to yank it down. Folk made sure he thanked him.

Hey man, kicker is the worst job in the league (in the world) You can do no right, only wrong. Folk has had big games for us. Brien was money for us too at one point, if you remember. I don't think it's time to pull the plug yet. The wind was howling out there and he pinned the first one before the TO. Unless Vanderjagdht is around, we gotta stick with this guy. We know he can make them, so it's all about if he makes it when we need it.

The only reason viniteri is so great is because he had a chance to be. Folk could easily kick us through the playoffs and nobody will give a crap about a PAT on a windy, rainy day at the meadowlands, in a game where we beat a crappy team to get to 9-2.

there was no wind. there hasn't been any wind. The stadium is 30+ feet taller than the old one and the wind issue is greatly reduced. Every time Sanchez or Folk sh!ts the bed at home--somebody says it was a gale. I've been to every game this year, including two downpours, and I've yet to any real wind issue.

The missed field goals are overlooked in games the NYJETS win. I dont want to wait to cut him for when we lose by a field goal. What is just as important is his short kickoffs giving the opposing team better field position time and time again. As someone mentioned 11 days to find a new kicker.

Kickers miss, it happens.

His kickoffs are usually very good, lets not be blind and forget how tough it is to kick in the Meadowlands with a misty 40 degree rain coming down.

Lets get real for a minute instead of just tossing around BS and baseless claims.

He has only missed 3 kicks under 40 yards... on 21 attempts which by my quick count is the most in the NFL...

Kickers will miss kicks... and miss even more when you are relying on them as your main source of points on a lot of drives ending around the 30 yd line....

He has won more games for the JETS than he has cost them, what more can you ask for?

Yup.

Change of scenery scenario.

I really don't want to see Nick Folk lineup for another FG as a NYJ.

Until your boy Reed misses a crucial kick. Then it will be "we should never have gotten rid of Folk" or "we need to replace Reed right now".

This stuff gets ridiculous. Just because you change kickers doesn't mean it will improve things, espcially someone with lower accuracy.

If Westhoff is OK with him, that's good enough for me.

Until your boy Reed misses a crucial kick. Then it will be "we should never have gotten rid of Folk" or "we need to replace Reed right now".

This stuff gets ridiculous. Just because you change kickers doesn't mean it will improve things, espcially someone with lower accuracy.

If Westhoff is OK with him, that's good enough for me.

I am really getting sick of folk. He misses way to many FG's. And easy 23 yarders etc!! Get rid of him now!!

I am really getting sick of folk. He misses way to many FG's. And easy 23 yarders etc!! Get rid of him now!!

Every kicker misses an easy one now and then. Most of his misses have been from 40+. Even the Bungles kicker missed one from 27 last night. Wonder if their fan base is calling for his head?

He has missed ONE kick under 30 yards.

Do you people even try to understand what you are moaning about or do you just spew false statements?

He has tied the most in the league with janikowski with 30(and even after this sunday no other kicker should get to 30)

He has made the second most with 22

between 20-29 he is 7 for 8

between 30-39 he is 10 for 12

between 40-49 he is 2 for 5 but you know what if marvin lewis doesen't ice him hes 3 for 5 here

50+ 2 for 4 (But I remember one was just a desperation kick at the end of a first half it was like almost 60 yards or so)

so yes he's shaky between 40-49(but as I said if hes not iced hes a respectable 3 for 5) but one of the best between 20 and 39

56 yards is his long which is tied with Crosby for 2nd longest kick.

Kicking:

3,650 yards which is top 5

They have him at 24 out of 50 ranking wise

and about his short kicks, I truly believe they are planned by westhoff some teams prefer to have greater hangtime then distance. And hey we haven't been burned by it.

Now I am pretty sure these stats include yesterdays game so plenty of kickers have a game to make up on him but the only category he'll look worse in is maybe yards for kickoffs because some kickers are already close. But FG wise no one should really jump over him after the week.

Every kicker misses an easy one now and then. Most of his misses have been from 40+. Even the Bungles kicker missed one from 27 last night. Wonder if their fan base is calling for his head?

I'd bet they are calling for his head, considering that they actually offered Reed a deal and he turned them down. Of cours that is because the Nuge got hurt.

I'd bet they are calling for his head, considering that they actually offered Reed a deal and he turned them down. Of cours that is because the Nuge got hurt.

i doubt they are callin for his head because of the missed FG as it had zero bearing on the game. Here, Folk missed a FG that had zero bearing on the game and people are calling for his head.

I'm not sure I follow your logic. Are you saying that Bengals fans are better than us?

My point is that people shouldn't being calling for Folks head anytime he misses a FG when it has no bearing on the game. Not saying Bengals fans (or any fan bases) are better then us, but I don't think most fan bases would be going so gaga over a missed FG that had no bearin on the game.

My point is that people shouldn't being calling for Folks head anytime he misses a FG when it has no bearing on the game. Not saying Bengals fans (or any fan bases) are better then us, but I don't think most fan bases would be going so gaga over a missed FG that had no bearin on the game.

You are conveniently leaving out the fact he came inches from missing an XP.

Sorry, but that doesn't inspire confidence.

You don't think most fan bases would be going gaga, but this one is.

You are conveniently leaving out the fact he came inches from missing an XP.

Sorry, but that doesn't inspire confidence.

See.

You don't think most fan bases would be going gaga, but this one is.

It seems like there's a lot of people around here that have been calling for his head since the season started, although he has not cost us a game yet, and has been previously stated with the stats not one of the worst kickers for sure.

The XP- doesn't matter if he splits the uprights are makes it by an inch. They both count the same. Plus tha snap was terrible which probably threw him off.

Archived