December makes me nervous

Matt39

LOL, Hess. :D

BTW, this December reminds me of the December for the 2008 Steelers.

Back then the Steelers had the second best record in the conference heading into the last weekend of Nov. at 8-3 (Titans were 10-1) and a nasty 4 game stretch against the Pats, Cowboys, Ravens, and Titans. A lot of people (including me) thought the best the Steelers would do is 2-2, but they ended up 3-1 in those 4 games, only losing to the Titans. The Steelers ended up going 6-1 in their final 7 to go 12-4.

But they didn't have Brian Schottenheimer calling their offense ... just sayin ...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any other fanbase would be rabid right now and declaring that their team will trounce the Pats and walk away with the division.

I don't think the quality of a fanbase can be measured by its inability to differentiate between hopes and expectations.

And that 2008 Steeler team averaged 21.7 ppg while this Jets team averages 24 ppg ... just sayin ...

As long as you're comparing apples to cinder bricks, how many top 10 D's did the 2008 Steelers beat in December? On the road and in total with their 21.7 ppg? We play 3 top 10 D's, 2 of them away, and then a our biggest rival in their house. I'm glad you're snuff with Schotty's abilities and his 24 ppg.

it's kind of sad that the jets have been so heartbreaking for so long. they have been prone to meltdown after meltdown and have conditioned jets fans to be eternal defeatists. i mean here the team is at 9-2.....tied fo rthe best record in the league and one win away from taking a nice commanding lead towards a #1 seed and you would never guess it by reading this board. lol.

As long as you're comparing apples to cinder bricks, how many top 10 D's did the 2008 Steelers beat in December? On the road and in total with their 21.7 ppg? We play 3 top 10 D's, 2 of them away, and then a our biggest rival in their house. I'm glad you're snuff with Schotty's abilities and his 24 ppg.

Uhm, the 2008 Steelers only played 4 top 10 defenses that whole year, the Ravens twice, Titans, and Pats. The Steelers only beat 1 top 10 defense in December, that being the Ravens.

Do some research next time you try to make an argument.

The 2010 Jets offense >>> 2008 Steelers offense and its not even close. The Jets offense is better in total yards, points, passing yards per game, and rushing yards per game.

But February mad me shiver.

Hopefully in Dallas.

Jets have lost only 2 games, and in those 2 games had great chances to win them. Admittedly they haven't played a complete game except agaisnt the Bills. Yet to be 9-2 without playing well bodes well.

I've followed this team for 30+ years. For all the games like Cleveland, Houston and Detroit they should have lost, they won them. And if there was any luck involved, well it's about time our luck turned. Still don't think we're close to even in that ledger as a franchise. But as Branch Rickey said, luck is the reside of design.

And kick the living piss out the Uggs shoe salesman on Monday-

http://www.examiner.com/google-trends-in-national/tom-brady-uggs-endorsement-ne-patriots-quarterback-loves-uggs-australia

Uhm, the 2008 Steelers only played 4 top 10 defenses that whole year, the Ravens twice, Titans, and Pats. The Steelers only beat 1 top 10 defense in December, that being the Ravens.

Do some research next time you try to make an argument.

The 2010 Jets offense >>> 2008 Steelers offense and its not even close. The Jets offense is better in total yards, points, passing yards per game, and rushing yards per game.

Shortbus - you're the sharp guy providing the analogy with the Steelers which is relevant to nothing. I knew well they only beat 1 top 10 defense in 12/08. The Jets have beat 1 top 10 D (Miami#10) thus far, 2010, current season. The Brian Schottenheimer designed offensive prowess you're all moist about has won 9 games. We've developed the overwhelming stats you tout by beating 6 of the worst 11 defenses in football. The other 3 wins were D #'s 10, 13 and 16. Only the Bills whooping was decisive. We have 3 top 10's to face in December and the Pats at Gillette. Do whatever you like with your confidence. Based on facts I'm agreeing with the thread title. And no... you're not any better fan because you're being "positive". It could be looked at as being something else.

Shortbus - you're the sharp guy providing the analogy with the Steelers which is relevant to nothing. I knew well they only beat 1 top 10 defense in 12/08. The Jets have beat 1 top 10 D (Miami#10) thus far, 2010, current season. The Brian Schottenheimer designed offensive prowess you're all moist about has won 9 games. We've developed the overwhelming stats you tout by beating 6 of the worst 11 defenses in football. The other 3 wins were D #'s 10, 13 and 16. Only the Bills whooping was decisive. We have 3 top 10's to face in December and the Pats at Gillette. Do whatever you like with your confidence. Based on facts I'm agreeing with the thread title. And no... you're not any better fan because you're being "positive". It could be looked at as being something else.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you that even the possibility of a December collapse should fall squarely on Schottenheimer's shoulders.

Im scared sh*tless and you just read my mind. This entire season reads monumental collapse.

1. Barely beat bad teams (check)

2. No pass rush since week 1 and week 2 (check)

3. Unable to cover tight ends and short white guys across middle of D (check)

4. Offense either real hot or real cold (check)

5. Brutal December schedule (check)

6. Patriots playing their best ball of the season (check)

OMG, OMG, OMG, I feel so fat and so vulnerable. OK the fat part is pretty normal but vulnerable not so much, I need a freakin snack.

LOL @ shortbus.

I simply pointed out that the 2010 Jets offense is better than the 2009 Steelers offense and everything points to that. Those are the facts. There is not a single metric which supports a contrary opinion.

And this isn't about being a "better fan". Everyone is a fan. You're not less of a fan for being "negative" and I'm not more of a fan for being "positive."

It's just that the Jets have the worst fanbase in the NFL. They're self loathing pussies who act like they've suffered more than any other fanbase which is total bullsh*t. Look at Viking fans, Lion fans, or Browns fans, or Bills fans. Heck, look at Chief fans or Oiler fans. There are a crap load of teams that have a worse history than the Jets but the Jet fans act like they are the persecuted. "Ohh, the team has hurt me too much so I have to be guarded because I don't want to get hurt again."

And, of course, the stadium Jet fans are an absolute joke, even before the new stadium. They have to drink that extra 4 beers in the parking lot or eat those extra 3 hotdogs and end up getting to their seats midway through the 1st quarter and then leave in the 4th to beat traffic.

LOL @ shortbus.

I simply pointed out that the 2010 Jets offense is better than the 2009 Steelers offense and everything points to that. Those are the facts. There is not a single metric which supports a contrary opinion.

And this isn't about being a "better fan". Everyone is a fan. You're not less of a fan for being "negative" and I'm not more of a fan for being "positive."

It's just that the Jets have the worst fanbase in the NFL. They're self loathing pussies who act like they've suffered more than any other fanbase which is total bullsh*t. Look at Viking fans, Lion fans, or Browns fans, or Bills fans. Heck, look at Chief fans or Oiler fans. There are a crap load of teams that have a worse history than the Jets but the Jet fans act like they are the persecuted. "Ohh, the team has hurt me too much so I have to be guarded because I don't want to get hurt again."

And, of course, the stadium Jet fans are an absolute joke, even before the new stadium. They have to drink that extra 4 beers in the parking lot or eat those extra 3 hotdogs and end up getting to their seats midway through the 1st quarter and then leave in the 4th to beat traffic.

I believe the word you're looking for is "passionate."

Those extra 4 beers and hot dogs save like 80 bucks.

I don't look at my view of December's games as negative, more like objective or realistic. And I'm all about moving in the right direction, sacrificing short term gains for long term success. If we lose the last 4 games (and I don't think we'll lose more than 2, if that) we still had a fantastic season in my book doing things most Jet teams just dreamed of doing and will need only to make a couple changes/additions to be closer to elite status next year. Not too shabby for a 2nd year head coach and a 23 year old sophomore QB.

I don't look at my view of December's games as negative, more like objective or realistic. And I'm all about moving in the right direction, sacrificing short term gains for long term success. If we lose the last 4 games (and I don't think we'll lose more than 2, if that) we still had a fantastic season in my book doing things most Jet teams just dreamed of doing and will need only to make a couple changes/additions to be closer to elite status next year. Not too shabby for a 2nd year head coach and a 23 year old sophomore QB.

Let's be clear here, NJ, I didn't say your take was negative.

My only point was challenging your claim that the 2008 Steeler offense is better than the 2010 Jets offense, which it isn't, despite Schitty.

And, yes, Schitty has his issues, such as making things too complicated, outsmarting himself, and losing a feel for the game (and, yes, he does get into a good playcalling rhythm and denying that is hating, but then he screws it up).

I'm not a Schitty defender or apologist, but the fact remains that the 2010 offense was better than the 2008 Steeler offense. Whether the Jets get to the SB will have more to do with Sanchez playing well than it does Schitty calling a good game. Because even if Schitty calls a bad game Sanchez can bail him out and has done so in the past.

Whether the Jets get to the SB will have more to do with Sanchez playing well than it does Schitty calling a good game. Because even if Schitty calls a bad game Sanchez can bail him out and has done so in the past.

I wish I was as clear on this. It's kinda the meat and potatoes of the Jets moving on to elite status. I place a lot more of the blame on Schott as it's his job to get done. (please Gato - spare me your insight)But as of today - we're 9-2 and on our way to the Lombardi

Archived