Werewolf Mafia Sign-Ups:

DPR

How well do you know each other?

It seemed like a great idea...a group of Jets fanatics, off to the country together for a getaway weekend. You pictured a roaring fire, a never-ending buffet table of snacks, and a chance to get away for a few days and relax. (Some of you pictured slathering each other down in baby oil, but that's another game, for another time...)

As you arrive at the cabin and see all of your friends, you know that it's going to be a really great weekend. As you hurry inside because it's cold, you turn to look at your breath clouding in the air, and you can't help but notice the beautiful full moon.

I'll tell you right now, this is a conversion game.

As you walk in, you see smiles, but the undercurrent of stress is heavy in the room. How odd...

The fire is roaring. The buffet table is longer than a car, and groans under the weight of the feast laid out over it. But, the smiles are nervous and weak. In a show of frustration, you throw up your hands and ask...

"What the hell is the matter with everyone?"

Fire will play an important part in the game.

It takes a moment, but then someone speaks quietly.

"Look at your invitation."

It's in your pocket. You pull it out, flip it open, scan at the Jets logo with pride, and the list of people invited...

"Looks great to me? What's up?"

Silence again. Then a whisper...

"Look who the invitation is from."

Your eyes drop to the bottom, to the three initials, and your reaction is instantaneous.

"DPR? Yeah? So? He's a A-hole, but if he's buying the beer...what's the problem?"

Just then, a howl sounds, and echoes through the forest.

There will be Werewolves.

There will be Werewolf Hunters.

There will be additional roles, and strategy will be important.

We'll need at least 12 players, but can handle as many as want to play.

Sign - Ups are open.

dammit I wanted to hold off for awhile. I'll play but can't be that active at work (it's our busy time of year).

Is it true there's something you can do to mask your internet activity while on your companies network? Worried if they pull up me up they'll find way too much Jets and sports sites.

dammit I wanted to hold off for awhile. I'll play but can't be that active at work (it's our busy time of year).

Is it true there's something you can do to mask your internet activity while on your companies network? Worried if they pull up me up they'll find way too much Jets and sports sites.

I'd defer to somebody with a better technical understanding of it, but I don't think there is a way to do it. Using a proxy could mask your activity, but visiting the proxy site itself would probably get you into deeper sh*t. Clearing cookies etc. doesn't help at all as they can still easily monitor what you are doing. Basically, if you have a competent IT dept they see and know all.

Pac I have my IT girl coming into the office today to install another workstation. She is a crazy internet guru. I will ask her and PM you sometime today.

I have to bow out of this one... Dec/Jan are our busiest months of the year and lately I've been catching a little crap for internet use.

truth be told I want this game to collapse as I'd like to play it in Feb when everyone will be ready to go. You'll have 20+ players at that point.

stand down.

hermie.gif

So, here's kind of a cool side-note to the game: I really liked the title, and it inspired me to try and pitch the idea of a anthology to a publisher. They liked it, and now it's going to be a book.

2cigrqc-1.jpg

We can do the game when mafia season is back in action, and, if anyone likes to read monster hunter stories, you'll have a new book to look forward to (probably sometime in the spring).

Anyhow, it just goes to show the power of mafia. heh

Archived