Chicken wings.

visajets

Nothing beats the deep fried wings you get at the local bar or chain restaurant,but im looking for a close second. Either tell us the brand you buy or give some recipes. I recently started patronizing a place called The Restaurant Depot they sell all kinds of prepared wings just havent found the right brand. Help

**** deep fried, BBQ is the way to go. No better wing then one that's cooked over coals.

Wrong on every count. Deep fried with the original Buffalo recipe of Frank's hot sauce and butter is the way to do it.

BBQ? Please.

Wrong on every count. Deep fried with the original Buffalo recipe of Frank's hot sauce and butter is the way to do it.

BBQ? Please.

He means grilled, Bob. ;) lol

I like them both ways. deep fry them a little first and then grill them.

For those who have never been to a place like the Restaurant Depot they sell the very same wings that alot of bars and restaurants use. Theres like 10 brands. Expensive to buy 30lbs of wings and then not like them. It looks like no matter what deep frying is the way to go.

SMoke them, then finish in a fryer for crispyness

This.

I used to have a BBQ joint near my last apartment that smoked their wings with hickory, then when you ordered them they brought them back up to temp either in the fryer or on the grill (your choice) and then tossed them in a honey chipotle hot sauce. Yup... pretty effin amazing.

I wonder why I am fat.

This.

I used to have a BBQ joint near my last apartment that smoked their wings with hickory, then when you ordered them they brought them back up to temp either in the fryer or on the grill (your choice) and then tossed them in a honey chipotle hot sauce. Yup... pretty effin amazing.

I wonder why I am fat.

that is one thing ive never wondered about myself. i know exactly why im fat

The best wings are when you deep fry them, toss them in your favorite wing flavor (I prefer traditional HOT!) then grill them give them a nice grilled flavor finish which makes them nice a crispy.

Matter of taste, I hate breaded deep fried food. I'd much rather have unbreaded wings that have been grill, charbroiled or whatever you want to call it with a nice garlic hot sauce.

I'll agree on the breading. Wings should never be breaded.

I'll agree on the breading. Wings should never be breaded.

But Bob, thats how Hooters does it.

I like wings like I like my ribs. I hate when they're smothered in the sauce. the sauce should be boiled into the meat (or whatever you call that when you do that) so it's actually integrated into the meat.

I sink my baby back pork ribs in apple cider vinegar for 2 hours then lightly spread lowery season salt on them and cook them on low heat for a long time. theyre crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside without a gallon of sh*t sauce smothered all over them.

All of this sh*t is making me hungry now

Or a thread for latent homos that gets hijacked by hot chics.

So no one shops where they sell the big box of wings?

I put myself through college working in an Italian restaurant, when we ran out of stuff we would make emergency trips to Restaurant Depot, but I do not shop there now.

One thing you could do, is when you are at the bar that serves the wings you like, you could ask which ones they use... and where they get them. Mabye it'll be the depot?

Good luck.

My wife bought at CostCo Tyson Buffalo wings were gonna experiment with them. I will report back as to how we made out.

I get those from time to time. They aren't bad, I like to re-heat those ones on the grill - gives them some crisp, as I'm sure you know pre-cooked frozen wings have a tendency to be really soggy.

I get those from time to time. They aren't bad, I like to re-heat those ones on the grill - gives them some crisp, as I'm sure you know pre-cooked frozen wings have a tendency to be really soggy.

Yes I was thinking of a way to crisp them up. I want to avoid the fryer at all costs. Might try grilling them.

Yes I was thinking of a way to crisp them up. I want to avoid the fryer at all costs. Might try grilling them.

The soggy factor looms larger with frozen wings, I would consider the grill as option A, and baking, then broiling option B to make them taste like they weren't just microwaved.

I have a recipe for wings that I got from a friend about 4 years ago that will knock your socks off, these are not the traditional crispy wings but are very good. I start by putting the wings in a large tupperware bowl and pour some EVOO ofer the wings, I salt and pepper them and toss up the wings, if the wings are frozen you can put some plastic wrap over the bowl and stick em in the fridge overnight.

I heat the oven to 350 and spread them out on an oven pan or two and put em in the oven for 30 to 35 min., when done I put the wings in a crockpot, I have a stick of melted butter ready and pour the butter over the wings, now I squeeze some honey, Sriracha Hot Sauce, and bbq sauce over the wings and toss em up with a big spoon.

I don't use exact amounts of honey, Sriracha, and bbq sauce, I just kind of wing it. I do use very litte bbq sauce, maybe 3/4 cup total, the Sriracha and honey are what really makes the flavor. I cook the wings in the crockpot for 2-3 hours, uncovering the pot and squeezing more sauce and honey and grinding pepper on them and tossing/stirring the wings, I do this multiple times. How long you leave them in the crockpot depends on how tender you want the wings to be.

Archived