Jim Leonhard Injured in Practice, Update: OUT Rest of Season

SMC

You know what, seriously, I bet you're joking but if you are not then I am getting kind of tired of this stupid anti-white bias that says that the only reason these players are on a team is because of "heart". Wes Welker is a top WR in this league. Woodhead, like him or not, has at least 4 touchdowns on the season. Etc. These guys are highly talented, and I reject the stupid notion that the only reason they were getting playing time is because of grit. Grit doesn't make you the starting safety for the Baltimore Ravens or the Rex Ryan led Jets. Not a chance.

Then replace "grit" with "smarts." The beauty of it is that you can pick whatever euphemism you like.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then replace "grit" with "smarts." The beauty of it is that you can pick whatever euphemism you like.

Well all these things are part of the game... but it's ridiculous to accuse these guys of being untalented.

So Rex Ryan is fielding a player as a starter for something other than talent... is that what you are saying?

So Bill Bellicheck is fielding players as starters for something other than talent?

Are you seriously implying that guys like Wes Welkler and Jim Leonhard aren't talented...?

You know what, seriously, I bet you're joking but if you are not then I am getting kind of tired of this stupid anti-white bias that says that the only reason these players are on a team is because of "heart". Wes Welker is a top WR in this league. Woodhead, like him or not, has at least 4 touchdowns on the season. Etc. These guys are highly talented, and I reject the stupid notion that the only reason they were getting playing time is because of grit. Grit doesn't make you the starting safety for the Baltimore Ravens or the Rex Ryan led Jets. Not a chance.

so "atlethic" doesn't mean black

Anti-white bias? Get over it. :rolleyes:

Well all these things are part of the game... but it's ridiculous to accuse these guys of being untalented.

So Rex Ryan is fielding a player as a starter for something other than talent... is that what you are saying?

So Bill Bellicheck is fielding players as starters for something other than talent?

Are you seriously implying that guys like Wes Welkler and Jim Leonhard aren't talented...?

I'm saying a guy who's too slow to cover and too small to hit and has 5 interceptions in 47 career starts isn't out there because he's a physical stud. Any racial inferences or misguided comparisons beyond that are on you.

Wes Welker is a top WR in this league.

Define top because I think he's just a jag benefiting from playing with a HOF QB in a system that use shorts to intermediate routes to compensate for a lousy run game. I could list 20 WR's I'd take over Welker without question.

Plus, he's scrappy. :scare:

Tim Tebow doesnt not fall in this category, he's a physical gifted beast monster athlete.

Define top because I think he's just a jag benefiting from playing with a HOF QB in a system that use shorts to intermediate routes to compensate for a lousy run game. I could list 20 WR's I'd take over Welker without question.

Tim Tebow doesnt not fall in this category, he's a physical gifted beast monster athlete.

So you can't be talented and scrappy? I am sick and tired of this anti-scrappy bias!

I'm saying a guy who's too slow to cover and too small to hit and has 5 interceptions in 47 career starts isn't out there because he's a physical stud. Any racial inferences or misguided comparisons beyond that are on you.

They're on me? Hell no. I'm quoting a bunch of other people that are in denial and saying he only starts because he is gritty. Bull. He is a very talented player.

Now while we're at it, are you telling me that Wes Welker is "untalented" too?

Hey here is a scouting report for Leonhard when he came out of college:

ANALYSIS

Short, but has a good body structure with solid chest and arm muscle tone, some thickness in his thighs and calves and a frame that can carry some additional bulk … Durable athlete who never missed a game due to injuries, playing at the end of 2002 with a fractured right thumb and throughout the second half of 2004 with a stress fracture in his left foot … Plays with decent quickness and good agility … Smart and active tackler who anticipates, reads and reacts well to the play … Shows a quick turn coming out of his backpedalVery effective zone defender who makes a sharp break on the ball and does a good job of reading the receiver's moves … Has the hand/eye coordination to track the ball in flight and above-average leaping ability … Gets a good jump on the ball and makes proper body adjustments working in space … Natural hands catcher who shows patience waiting for blocks to develop as a returner … Stays low in his pads and drives hard with his legs when making the tackle … Shows a good feel to string plays out and gives solid effort in run support … Plays faster than his timed speed … One intangible you can not measure is his heart, but it is a big one … Everyone on the staff and squad loves this kid and he has been a good mentor for the younger players.

I guess none of that counts for talent.... it's all "grittiness"

He is a very talented player.

Relative to whom?

Now while we're at it, are you telling me that Wes Welker is "untalented" too?

Remember that thing I said about misguided comparisons?

Hey here is a scouting report for Leonhard when he came out of college:

ANALYSIS

Short, but has a good body structure with solid chest and arm muscle tone, some thickness in his thighs and calves and a frame that can carry some additional bulk … Durable athlete who never missed a game due to injuries, playing at the end of 2002 with a fractured right thumb and throughout the second half of 2004 with a stress fracture in his left foot … Plays with decent quickness and good agility … Smart and active tackler who anticipates, reads and reacts well to the play … Shows a quick turn coming out of his backpedal … Very effective zone defender who makes a sharp break on the ball and does a good job of reading the receiver's moves … Has the hand/eye coordination to track the ball in flight and above-average leaping ability … Gets a good jump on the ball and makes proper body adjustments working in space … Natural hands catcher who shows patience waiting for blocks to develop as a returner … Stays low in his pads and drives hard with his legs when making the tackle … Shows a good feel to string plays out and gives solid effort in run support … Plays faster than his timed speed … One intangible you can not measure is his heart, but it is a big one … Everyone on the staff and squad loves this kid and he has been a good mentor for the younger players.

Wes Welker is a top 10 receiver, system or not. He can take over a game single-handedly. Who the hell cares if he runs short routes? Lots of receivers do. Point is, he's good

I blame you. If you didnt make me say why I voted him for the Pro Bowl this wouldnt have happened.

I mean, go figure...the day I say I voted him because I'm expecting a strong finish, he gets injured.

F you Tom Shane, F U.

:D lol!!!

Quick! We can fix this! Go vote for Tom Brady and I'll passive-aggressively question your logic for doing so!!!

My two cents: I think, athletically, Leonhard matches up well with 90% of the safeties playing today. It's his size that's a detriment, but he's hard to replace because he's never in the wrong place on a play (except when he's suckling at the teet of a big TE).

Wes Welker is a top 10 receiver, system or not. He can take over a game single-handedly. Who the hell cares if he runs short routes? Lots of receivers do. Point is, he's good

Top 10? I dont think so my friend...not even close. Are you telling me if you had your choice between Wes Welker and...

Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitz, Anquan Boldin, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Dwayne Bowe, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, Desean Jackson, Jermey Maclin, Marques Colston, Percy Harvin, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, TO, OchoCinco, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Sidney Rice...

That you'd take Welker over them?

Hell, there are even a bunch of up and comers that I'd take over him, Kenny Brit, Mike Williams, Steve Johnson, Steve Smith...seriously dude, I could probably reel off 10 more names of players I like better than Welker.

:D lol!!!

Quick! We can fix this! Go vote for Tom Brady and I'll passive-aggressively question your logic for doing so!!!

Done.

White Power?

My two cents: I think, athletically, Leonhard matches up well with 90% of the safeties playing today. It's his size that's a detriment, but he's hard to replace because he's never in the wrong place on a play (except when he's suckling at the teet of a big TE).

This. I don't think we're going to miss him in his capacity as a one on one cover guy. The thing that worries me is that he's the brains of the operation.

And besides from the two guys in the AFC North, how many safeties in the league can cover a Hernandez or Gronkowski anyway?

I blame you. If you didnt make me say why I voted him for the Pro Bowl this wouldnt have happened.

I mean, go figure...the day I say I voted him because I'm expecting a strong finish, he gets injured.

F you Tom Shane, F U.

No, its your fault. This is so much worse than me causing Kris Jenkins to get hurt in week one.

another fine mess created by Obama and his cronies.

I'd say on the suckage meter this comes in at about a 6.2.. Not thrilled with it but certainly not time for doom and gloom.

Gives Eric Smith more opportunities to obliterate Welker.

alot of people are confused by Latin men. I used to think Enrique Ingleses was gay until I relaised his penis goes in Anna Kornakova.

and if he is I LOVE MY GAY QB!!!!! He doesn't hide behind Uggs

:D

Archived