Jim Leonhard Injured in Practice, Update: OUT Rest of Season

SMC

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it means avoiding IR? Yes, they should.

Who needs practice heroes?

That said, deep down I'm really pissed about this and am lashing out at Rex.

Sh*t happens, dude. A broken leg is a freak accident in a game. It's a freak accident in practice. Makes no sense to even try to place blame.

As for practice heroes, they are definitely necessary. That's how guys like Patrick Turner get into games, by making plays in practice.

Rex says they were having a great practice up until that point. Hopefully a couple practice heroes emerged in the secondary.

If it means avoiding IR? Yes, they should.

Who needs practice heroes?

That said, deep down I'm really pissed about this and am lashing out at Rex.

You may be right. This seems like a tough one though, if you take it away you probably lose an edge on the field. If you don't, this kind of stuff happens and you have an injury or two.

I didn't hammer him for giving the team too much time off, so I don't give a crap if someone else criticized him for it.

This is not about being in pads or not. Be in pads, run a practice. But player safety should be a 100% concern. Sundays >>>>>>>>>>>>>> practice.

This isn't the first time players have collided in a Rex practice, just the first time someone has been put on IR because of it.

Practice all they want, but Rex has to police it to make sure the players are physically ready for game time.

sounds like a very,very routine practice play that just ended really bad.accidents happen

Also, this is 100% Rex's fault.

Why is he running a practice this late in the year where players are putting themselves at risk of serious injury?

According to reports, both Turner and Leonhard were leaping for a sideline ball and hit the ground. What, players are supposed to make Practice highlight shows? Rex's job is for the team to be ready for gametime, and that includes all of them being as healthy as they can be.

Ridiculous drivel.

Do you want them to play flag football at practice?

It was a freak accident.

There's no blame ANYWHERE.

When you're annoyed at the Jets, try lashing out at Tannenbaum (whether or not he did anything wrong) instead.

Trust me on this one.

If Tannenbaum had re-signed Coles, he never would have made it to the sideline to begin with and therefore there would be no collision.

If Tannenbaum's draft picks were better, Wilson wouldn't be blowing coverages and needing help from the safety--and he'd be able to return punts.

Stupid Tannenbaum.

Archived