Its all Shotty's fault right?

KINGDIRK

Defense cant create any pressure on the QB.

Defense cant stop the run.

Defense cant stop the pass.

Sanchez is not on target.

Sanchez looks afraid to throw down the field into the wind.

Folk cant make kicks.

....All Shottys fault. Gimme a fu$king break. Everyone just needs to accept the reality check tonight.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its everyones fault, even Schottys. He's as responsible as Rex and Pettine are for the sheer lack of game prep as well as the crappy play calling.

Yep.

You knew the Pats were going to score points. They dropped 39 on the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Giving up 45 is clearly ridiculous but only scoring 3 against one of the worst defenses in the league is pure horse abortion.

Whose responsibility is it to get our offense prepared for games?

When was the last time the jets scored a TD in the first quarter??

These slow starts are atrocious and might be okay against the bengals or the browns but they just won't fly against teams that can actually put up the points. The offense hasn't looked good in WEEKS but it's ignored because we keep winning.

How is it not Schotty's fault? 3 points against a defense that is ranked last in a half-dozen categories? No ball control. Shonn Green unstoppable yet barely sees the field? This is so unbearabley horrendous by the offense, an offense loaded with talent and an o-line that is top five in the league. 3 points. nine aginst the Ravens. 0 against the Packers. Why is LT in the game when Greene is untackle-able? Our D was bad tonight--but our O has been spotty-to-awful all season. I was never a Schotty hater. i am now. I can't believe how bad his play design, play calls, and obvious run/pass formations are. This offense cannot succeed with Shottenheimer at the helm. It just is too predictable and never plays to its strength. Rediculous.

Terribly coached game from every angle. Scott, Pettine, and Rex especially. That field goal attempt in the 1st was such a bad omen. Folk wasn't hitting anything from outside 45 during warmups, I have no clue what made Rex think that risking field position at that point for a highly unlikely 3 points was a smart move.

....All Shottys fault. Gimme a fu$king break. Everyone just needs to accept the reality check tonight.

Reality check? Hows this for a reality check - 3 points against the worst pass defense in football. Not a bad defense, the worst pass defense in football. And the 12th worst overall.

Schottenhammer sucks - tonight the D just schlabbed the same knob with equal intensity.

Terribly coached game from every angle. Scott, Pettine, and Rex especially. That field goal attempt in the 1st was such a bad omen. Folk wasn't hitting anything from outside 45 during warmups, I have no clue what made Rex think that risking field position at that point for a highly unlikely 3 points was a smart move.

Schitty OF COURSE ran right at Willfat until it was clearr you can run wide and gain yards. But by then it was too late. What a phvckin dipsheet he is.

This offense cannot succeed with Shottenheimer at the helm.

The absolute truth. I can't even elaborate on what sucks most about his ineptitude as an OC because it changes even within the same game. He's just not good at what he does or how he does it.

Schott is just awful, no creativity, immense amounts of talent to work with - where are you Dan Henning when we need you? Shoot, i'd take Bruce Coslet right now...

Yes the team as a whole played poorly, but here is an example of why his play calling is just awful: about 6 1/2 minutes left in the first half, the Jets are down THREE TDs...24-3...and the moron calls for a running play up the middle for a 1-yard gain...WTF???

The Pats passing defense is one of the league's worst, if not worst over all, and the jets have 4-5 excellent receivers - and they score 3 points?!?!?!

That is totally unacceptable, and should lead to his dismissal.

Their late game heroics has camouflaged his dreadful play-calling for some time recently, but this blowout should finally clear the view of anyone formerly defending him. I'm not sure if he's qualified to coach popwarner football...

This is the kind of game that lets you know exactly why people have been complaining about certain aspects of this football team all year long. Our coaching staff will not, and has not shown up in a big game. We beat the Pats the first time because they were finding their way with a young squad, it seems they are learning their way quite well. The future does not look good either with all the draft picks they have but thats really besides the point.

No matter how you slice it Brian Shottenheimer should have been fired 5 weeks ago we could have made the very easy transition to Callahan but wew failed to do it and now its too late to even think about it. Losing Jim Leonhard and having to deal with that idiot Smith calling the plays in the secondary will also have an impact. WTF was he doing on that play in the endzone ?? All he had to do was turn around (since the ball was dropping like a rock) instead he tackles the reciever in the end zone OMFG he even looked back for the ball then proceeded to trun and ....I makes me sick just to talk about it.

Rex is a Defensive coordinator and he does well with the media and I love him to death but, BUT hes a terrible sideline coach and hes terrible with clock management and someone should ******* burn that god damn red flag.

This teams problems are NOT about talent we cant even get the right packages on the field at times, how the **** can you be so unprepared for what was the most important game of the season ??? HOW ? We have major coaching issues and the fun and games bullsh*t needs to stop.

Shonn Greene could have run for 200 yards tonight which would have eventually opened up play action and would have kept BRADY the hell off the field. This is exactly why I made my post about the wind and Shotty and he did exactly what he should not have. He fell into the trap of thinking HE HAD TO throw with the wind at his back when he simply did not. He is an Idiot and It kills me to watch Jets talent go to waste for yet another year. We had to watch our talent go to waste in the 90's with a plethora of idiot coaches now will have to do it again I guess because no organization is stupid enough to hire sh*ttyheimer NONE.

This is the kind of game that lets you know exactly why people have been complaining about certain aspects of this football team all year long. Our coaching staff will not, and has not shown up in a big game. We beat the Pats the first time because they were finding their way with a young squad, it seems they are learning their way quite well. The future does not look good either with all the draft picks they have but thats really besides the point.

No matter how you slice it Brian Shottenheimer should have been fired 5 weeks ago we could have made the very easy transition to Callahan but wew failed to do it and now its too late to even think about it. Losing Jim Leonhard and having to deal with that idiot Smith calling the plays in the secondary will also have an impact. WTF was he doing on that play in the endzone ?? All he had to do was turn around (since the ball was dropping like a rock) instead he tackles the reciever in the end zone OMFG he even looked back for the ball then proceeded to trun and ....I makes me sick just to talk about it.

Rex is a Defensive coordinator and he does well with the media and I love him to death but, BUT hes a terrible sideline coach and hes terrible with clock management and someone should ******* burn that god damn red flag.

This teams problems are NOT about talent we cant even get the right packages on the field at times, how the **** can you be so unprepared for what was the most important game of the season ??? HOW ? We have major coaching issues and the fun and games bullsh*t needs to stop.

Shonn Greene could have run for 200 yards tonight which would have eventually opened up play action and would have kept BRADY the hell off the field. This is exactly why I made my post about the wind and Shotty and he did exactly what he should not have. He fell into the trap of thinking HE HAD TO throw with the wind at his back when he simply did not. He is an Idiot and It kills me to watch Jets talent go to waste for yet another year. We had to watch our talent go to waste in the 90's with a plethora of idiot coaches now will have to do it again I guess because no organization is stupid enough to hire sh*ttyheimer NONE.

The worst part is the window for this particular group was this year. I don't know how any of the offensive players can have confidence in the coaching either. The defensive players have Rex and they have ups and downs, but they do have ups and they also do have excuses for this performance. It's not a great one, but with the game out of hand and Leonhard out so recently you could understand.

I don't know how the Jets can re-sign either Braylon or Santonio. Both will probably bolt. They'll be looking for systems that take advantage of their talents. If I was them I'd certainly take a good offer for a good franchise. The Colts will probably be willing to put some money down for a good WR, and Santonio especially they'd pay for. Braylon may have less options because well he is not that good and drops passes, but somebody will probably overpay for him. I think Miami probably would, and he might be happier there too.

You really only have 3 year windows. By the time a new coach really has their system in place that time is already finished. It took Norv Turner about 3 years and he's basically only kept his QB and Gates in that timespan. Payton and Brees are pretty much the big constants too for their team, and it took them about 3 too.

The Jets consistently refuse to make the change, so whenever the new guy finally does get here they will need to reassemble the team with really only Sanchez as the constant, and Sanchez is just being ruined so he'll have to learn everything too. You won't even get a shortcut like there was with Brees a bit.

Knowing this crappy franchise, they will probably just fire Rex and keep Schitty. If Rex refuses to handle the offensive side of the ball they really should have gotten an established guy to take care of that side. They refused. And yes, nobody will hire Schitty. Not even the Dolphins. I think if anything teams are just confused about the Rooney Rule and somehow think Schitty qualifies, so they interview him. Or maybe they don't and he just pretends he turns them down.

What the Jets should do is fire Schitty and cut Folk, and hire McDaniels. But I bet they will make some stupid excuse and refuse to do so, meanwhile BB probably just re-hires him.

--Also, this is precisely the type of game that makes the Jets such a joke to most of the nation. Jets fans constantly complain the Jets get no respect and most fans and the media don't take them seriously---this is why. The Jets in virtually every national game just suck. Only Jets fans are stupid enough to make excuses and actually believe this team is good when it struggles to beat crappy teams, the rest of the country actually knows the Jets suck. And then they go and prove it on national television and the only people that are surprised are the same stupid Jets fans who just stuck their gatos in the sand and claimed everything was fine.

This is the kind of game that lets you know exactly why people have been complaining about certain aspects of this football team all year long. Our coaching staff will not, and has not shown up in a big game.

I know you're frustrated, but I suspect this is a meaningless statement. Which of this years games were "big"? No doubt you will point to this one, and I would agree there. Then the Packers? The Ravens? Why, because they ended up losing both of those games so they were "BIG" in retrospect?

How about the first game against the Patriots. That wasn't a big game? How about the game against Miami on the road? Not a big game? It's just cherry picking the examples you want.

He's 20-11 as a head coach... come on man, I get it, but he is doing SOMETHING right. Funny thing about this game is that I had to think back and remember, when was the last time we got destroyed like this? Usually every team has a few of these games per year even the good ones... This was the only time this year, and probably it's happened about 3 times since Rex has gotten here. That's a good resume if you think about it.

We have the 2nd best record in the NFL...

Why this CS thinks it can get away with long FGs with Folk is really hard to understand. They had to go for it there, because the FG was not a gimme, and not making it gave the Pats great field position. There still is a mindset that FGs will get it done, and that's crap. Yet in 3 games with more than a week to prepare, the Jets have failed to score a TD. WTF are they doing in practice?

I find it amazing the pats can keep switching OC's, change moss for branch who's a fossil with bum knees, a midget white boy rb and two rookies TE's and still heir offense is unstoppable.

We get an all pro oline, 2 stud WR's, one a former SB MVP, a hall of fame rb and all we can muster is 3 points again one of the leagues worst defenses? What a joke this offense was last night.

And the defense gets just as much blame as they continually made critical mistakes and they gave up the most points so far this season. BTW having hart Scott on welker or woodhead was such a horrible idea.

I find it amazing the pats can keep switching OC's, change moss for branch who's a fossil with bum knees, a midget white boy rb and two rookies TE's and still heir offense is unstoppable.

We get an all pro oline, 2 stud WR's, one a former SB MVP, a hall of fame rb and all we can muster is 3 points again one of the leagues worst defenses? What a joke this offense was last night.

And the defense gets just as much blame as they continually made critical mistakes and they gave up the most points so far this season. BTW having hart Scott on welker or woodhead was such a horrible idea.

I am still amazed that when Brady plays at home, he can drop back, stand their for 1 second or 10 seconds and he ALWAYS knows where the mismatch is in coverage. You would think Brady has 7 guys running routes on every play, the way guys are always open... yet our offense? Nobody is ever open.

Shonn Green would have made all the difference. The hurry-up should have been a second half fallback plan--not the opening script. It's like we couldn't wait to hand the ball back to Brady as soon as possible. And Greene was running over everyone--when he was allowed to play. Unforgivable.

It really is all Schitty's fault on offense.

Tirico noted that when Sanchez moves out of the pocket not a single receiver comes back for the ball, they're all 25 yds down field.

You want the Jets to attack the Pats secondary and having Sanchez in shotgun from the get go, which eliminates the playaction pass doesn't do that.

Schitty has no feel for the game.

Even Joe Klecko was killing Schitty in the postgame.

You can criticize Rex & Pettine for the defensive performance, but the bottom line is that Schitty has not done a good job this year in total.

4th quarter, 4th and 1 inside the 25 and the Jets go shotgun. Maybe you may want to line up under center to at least give the illusion that you might run in order to keep the defense honest? They got the first down, but gimme a friggin break. Sanchez was brutal, but the offensive game planning / playcalling has been brutal most of the year.

Another clear indictment of Schitty: when your offense is supposed to be better than their defense, you have the defense adjust to you and not the other way around.

There was absolutely no reason to start the game in shotgun no huddle. None. Play your game. Make the Pats stop you and then adjust.

Horrible job by all the coaches. The issue with Schitty is that this isn't the first offense (no pun intended).

I am still amazed that when Brady plays at home, he can drop back, stand their for 1 second or 10 seconds and he ALWAYS knows where the mismatch is in coverage. You would think Brady has 7 guys running routes on every play, the way guys are always open... yet our offense? Nobody is ever open.

Yeah. Your exactly right. Brady always finds the mismatch and our offense is lucky if it finds the mismatch twice a game. :x

I mean Deion Branch? The guy is old as dirt, did absolutely nothing in Seattle cause he was riddled with injures, comes back to NE and all of a sudden is back to his old form. We could have Megatron And Andre Johnson on this team and it still wouldn't help our offense.

Archived