Its all Shotty's fault right?

KINGDIRK

Shonn Green would have made all the difference. The hurry-up should have been a second half fallback plan--not the opening script. It's like we couldn't wait to hand the ball back to Brady as soon as possible. And Greene was running over everyone--when he was allowed to play. Unforgivable.

Greene looked good.....when he had the chance to play.

All I know is when Shonn Greene fumbles, he's not allowed to touch the ball for the rest of the game, but if Tomlinson fumbles, he comes back in for the next play.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defense cant create any pressure on the QB.

Defense cant stop the run.

Defense cant stop the pass.

Sanchez is not on target.

Sanchez looks afraid to throw down the field into the wind.

Folk cant make kicks.

....All Shottys fault. Gimme a fu$king break. Everyone just needs to accept the reality check tonight.

Not for nothing, but if you have a good offensive gameplan against the 31st ranked defense in the league and can sustain clock eating, touchdown scoring drives, the defense isn't on the field nearly as much and as such won't give up 45 friggin' points.

Maybe Sanchez was shellshocked because from the first play in the G-d DAMN game the worst defense in the league seemed to know exacltly what play was coming because the offense is so friggin' predictable its a ******* joke.

I find it amazing the pats can keep switching OC's, change moss for branch who's a fossil with bum knees, a midget white boy rb and two rookies TE's and still heir offense is unstoppable.

We get an all pro oline, 2 stud WR's, one a former SB MVP, a hall of fame rb and all we can muster is 3 points again one of the leagues worst defenses? What a joke this offense was last night.

And the defense gets just as much blame as they continually made critical mistakes and they gave up the most points so far this season. BTW having hart Scott on welker or woodhead was such a horrible idea.

Do you really? I'll give you a hint why it's that way:

62190-tom_brady.jpg

I'll give you a clue as to why Bill Walsh was The Genius:

joe-montana.jpg

11544-steve_young_49ers_superbowl_29_24_36_325_yds_record_6_td_passes.jpg

Here's a hint why Tom Landry was awesome:

Dcow.jpg

Bill Cowher didn't win his first SB until:

ben-roethlisberger-drunk-pittsburgh-steelers-quarterback-tall-receiver-hines-ward.jpg

Chuck Noll:

chuck-noll-pittsburgh-steelers-terry-bradshaw-autographed-photo-3356190.jpg

Seeing what's being doing there?

That's not even the half of it...Lombardi/Starr...Brown/Graham...Jets made a 50 million dollar investment at QB for a reason...you'll never see that kind of commitment given to an OC.

How is it not Schotty's fault? 3 points against a defense that is ranked last in a half-dozen categories? No ball control. Shonn Green unstoppable yet barely sees the field? This is so unbearabley horrendous by the offense, an offense loaded with talent and an o-line that is top five in the league. 3 points. nine aginst the Ravens. 0 against the Packers. Why is LT in the game when Greene is untackle-able? Our D was bad tonight--but our O has been spotty-to-awful all season. I was never a Schotty hater. i am now. I can't believe how bad his play design, play calls, and obvious run/pass formations are. This offense cannot succeed with Shottenheimer at the helm. It just is too predictable and never plays to its strength. Rediculous.

I love to pile on schotty but the lack of running was a result of us being in such a big whole early. I think, with the way Greene was running, we could have ran all day and been successful, but we didnt get a chance to do so

The Pats D looked like they knew the play before the Jets offense did. Schotty's O kept putting the D in bad spots.

The Jets will not win anything until he is gone.

This is really the answer in a nutshell. What do the Jets do everytime the offense gets in a rhythm and are moving the ball and reach the opponents 30 yard line ?? What do they do damn near every single time like fuc*ing clockwork ?? They run a wild cat play with Brad Smith that worked about one or two times all year.

Taking the offense out of rhythm and wasting a play near the red zone. Its so predictable I just sit in my fu#king chair calling the plays as they happen and my wife just shakes her head. Yes we are that god damn predictable. Imagine how a guy like Belichick reads our formations ????

Start wondering why one of the worst defenses in the NFL completely shut us down last night. The only offensive outbursts this team has had all year have been in the hurry up offense in the 4th quarter because in that offense its harder for teams to sit back and read our predictability. Its so obvious to me its painfull to watch how we continue to keep this terrible OC around. I also knew with 100 % certainty the Jets were holding back with the Hurry up to open games to use aganist the Pats, Belichick knew it as well and I ask the question... WHY NOW ??? Why do it aganist a prolific offensive team that you want to keep their hall of fame QB off the God damn field ??? WHY ?? Becuase its amateur coaching and its dreadfully predictable. We have won games this year with pure talent but when we play other talented teams like the Ravens, the Packers, and The Patriots our offense is so bad its disturbing. Our team took a big confidence blow last night and our schedule down the stretch is extremely hard with all excellent defensive teams and a very feisty Bills team. Chicago Pittsburgh Bills Miami How is this team going to win 3 playoff games vs teams like the Steelers Pats Ravens Chargers ? HOW ?

Our problems are NOT with the QB they are with our scheme and the guy who runs it. Its terrible. Last year our offense did well because we ran the football down the stretch and in the playoffs therefore making it easier on Sanchez to use play action. This year we come out throwing ? Why not make the push to establish the run and get the team in a ground and pound mode then strike with play action ? Stoic this does have me concerned and a 9-3 record is good but it does not tell the story about this football team. Teams with talent are built for the playoffs. ALL playoff teams have a solid year of game film to prepare for one another and who ever plays us will have a boatload of weakness to look at alot of people on these boards have been pointing out inconsistencies and weaknesses all year long so what do you think a good head coach will do ? There is a fine line between winning and losing in this league and weve been in so many close games our record could just as easily be 6-6 but for once we have learned to win in the 4th quarter vs teams we should have beat down in the first place. If all of the Jets problems and inconsistencies dont worry you now wait until we play the Bears and the Steelers and Im sure sh*tty will accomodate all your miserable fears that will shiow up in the playoffs. 45-3 9-0 10-9 = 3 games vs playoff defenses and 12 total points and one of those defenses cant stop anyone else. The writing is on the wall.

I hope someone slaps your face off.

Wow. It's just my opinion. The game this week is tough. @ Pittsburgh, do you really think our offense will score enough there? @ Chicago, see Pittsburgh, Buffalo, maybe.

I have felt since the summer this was a 7-9 to 9-7 team, I am not changing my opinion. It's not an over reaction based on last night but on the season as a whole.

The secondary is not good. The LB's are too slow in coverage. There is NO pass rush. The offense stinks.

I hope to God they prove me wrong, I really do. I'm just a realist. I watch the game not as a fan but as a former player and there are major issues with this team since camp, see the hamburger incident. Discipline or lack there of will bite your a$$ at some point and after last night these JETS are finding it hard to sit down today.

Wow. It's just my opinion. The game this week is tough. @ Pittsburgh, do you really think our offense will score enough there? @ Chicago, see Pittsburgh, Buffalo, maybe.

I have felt since the summer this was a 7-9 to 9-7 team, I am not changing my opinion. It's not an over reaction based on last night but on the season as a whole.

The secondary is not good. The LB's are too slow in coverage. There is NO pass rush. The offense stinks.

I hope to God they prove me wrong, I really do. I'm just a realist. I watch the game not as a fan but as a former player and there are major issues with this team since camp, see the hamburger incident. Discipline or lack there of will bite your a$$ at some point and after last night these JETS are finding it hard to sit down today.

I'm a realist too, and being 9-3 and playing against a overrated Chicago team with a QB who's more Jekyll and Hyde then our OC doesn't scare me. Pitt will give us headaches. Buffalo has turned a corner but their still a team just doing anything to play spoiler. We manhandled them before and Fitz ain't no Brady.

I still feel good about this year and didn't expect our record to be what it is right now. I would have loved to sweep the Pats and finally turn the table and show the Jets were the dominant team in this division, but I guess that'll be put off for at least another year. Were still a dangerous team and if our offense can be competent, we could give opposing defenses headaches.

I'm a realist too, and being 9-3 and playing against a overrated Chicago team with a QB who's more Jekyll and Hyde then our OC doesn't scare me. Pitt will give us headaches. Buffalo has turned a corner but their still a team just doing anything to play spoiler. We manhandled them before and Fitz ain't no Brady.

I still feel good about this year and didn't expect our record to be what it is right now. I would have loved to sweep the Pats and finally turn the table and show the Jets were the dominant team in this division, but I guess that'll be put off for at least another year. Were still a dangerous team and if our offense can be competent, we could give opposing defenses headaches.

Buffalo has turned a corner? They just got spanked by 24 points by the Vikings.

Too many if's.

This team has played the same game all year with the exception of three games early on, Buffalo, Miami, NE. Since then they have been a train wreck waiting to happen and last night the train went off the tracks. To think we will just forget this game and play inspired ball on Sunday against a team that needs a win in a bad way is crazy. If you liked the game last night you will love the Steeler game, a team that actually has a defense unlike the Pats. chicago is no more overrated then us. Buffalo will do everything to win that game.

Why do you call the bears overrated because their Defense is playing great and the offense seems to be picking up a REAL offensive system ? They are far from over rated. You think our offense can score on them ? Or the Steelers ?

Why do you call the bears overrated because their Defense is playing great and the offense seems to be picking up a REAL offensive system ? They are far from over rated. You think our offense can score on them ? Or the Steelers ?

I think the offense can score on any team in the league. I think the defense can shut down any team in the league. And I think the Jets can beat any team in the league....when they show up to play.

We took a 42 point loss. Does that mean we are that bad?

Aganist the Pats we are that bad for a lot of reasons. The biggest reason ? coaching ... Were not the same old Jets when itcomes to the players but Im starting to think we are when it comes to our coaches.

Rex is a great Defensive Coordinator but a terrible sideline coah and game manager. Shott is beyond words. Its time Rex gets pettine on the sidelines and starts to focus on the entire game and managing the freakin team. Its time the Jets learn how to substitute without mass confusion after 12 weeks of football.

I think the offense can score on any team in the league. I think the defense can shut down any team in the league. And I think the Jets can beat any team in the league....when they show up to play.

JIF when you look at our talent you would be correct. but let me ask you.... Do you trust our coaches to game plan vs top defenses ? is it the talent that fools great defenses or is it the scheme ?

Thank you! It's not like this team is just gonna keel over and die. Theirs a lot of football left to be play people. This team can bounce back even against the Steelers and Chicago. They have to show up and play god damnit.

You're f*ckin ridiculous.

This week's question: What was the gameplan?

JIF when you look at our talent you would be correct. but let me ask you.... Do you trust our coaches to game plan vs top defenses ? is it the talent that fools great defenses or is it the scheme ?

Talent. This board is way to enthralled with "game plans". A game plan is only as good as the players executing it. Last night, Sanchez was awful, consequently, so was the "game plan". Last night, Brady was brilliant, so was the "game plan".

I trust Rex Ryan more than any other coach the Jets have ever had. I expect to win the rest of the games this season, just as Rex Ryan does.

Talent. This board is way to enthralled with "game plans". A game plan is only as good as the players executing it. Last night, Sanchez was awful, consequently, so was the "game plan". Last night, Brady was brilliant, so was the "game plan".

I trust Rex Ryan more than any other coach the Jets have ever had. I expect to win the rest of the games this season, just as Rex Ryan does.

Your more positive than a Care Bear. Someone get this man a ******* snack.

Thank you! It's not like this team is just gonna keel over and die. Theirs a lot of football left to be play people. This team can bounce back even against the Steelers and Chicago. They have to show up and play god damnit.

Anyone that thinks a Rex Ryan led team is going to quit on the season at 9-3 with destiny in the Jets hands is crazy.

The Patriots could very easily lose a couple games down the stretch, so the division is still a possibility. If I'm Rex Ryan, I'm still preaching that message.

You're f*ckin ridiculous.

This week's question: What was the gameplan?

The game plan was to beat the Patriots...it didnt work. Move on to the Dolphags where the game plan is to beat the Dolphags.

In their last 17 games (including playoffs) the Jets are 13-4.

Yeah, that's the look of a 7-9 to 9-7 team to me. :rolleyes:

Your more positive than a Care Bear. Someone get this man a ******* snack.

Not usually...I'm known for my negative perspective. I called this loss, just as I've predicted 10 others.

Thing is, I'm also a realist and realize last night was not indicative of the NY Jets I've watched all season long and I expect an a$$ whipping to happen at the mercy of the Miami Gaysharks.

13-3.

We watched Brady hitting wide open receivers all night long.... Every throw Sanchez made was so contested he had to try and throw the ball in the perfect spot. Big Difference. and it is all due to scheme. We fool no one at all. The only unit on our team that plays diciplined Football is the offensive line. The rest of the offense looks like a kindergarten kid wrote up the game plan.

We watched Brady hitting wide open receivers all night long.... Every throw Sanchez made was so contested he had to try and throw the ball in the perfect spot. Big Difference. and it is all due to scheme. We fool no one at all. The only unit on our team that plays diciplined Football is the offensive line. The rest of the offense looks like a kindergarten kid wrote up the game plan.

First pass of the game...slant pass in between two of our defenders who are right on top of Welker as he hauls it in...perfectly placed pass...just the right amount of velocity on the ball...Scheme.... :rolleyes:

This is utter bullsh*t...no offense. Sanchez was god awful last night. He was all over the place. He had a couple of throws to wide open WR's that were no where near the WR. He had throws to guys on the run that were open but the placement was so awful it didnt even matter if they made the catch.

The game plan was fine. Everyone wanted Schotty to use more hurry up no huddle to get the kid comfortable, well, he did and the kid sucked.

You can blame Schotty all you want but the plays were there and Sanchez couldnt make them. You Schotty haters that want to put everything on him, cant see the trees through the forest.

In their last 17 games (including playoffs) the Jets are 13-4.

Yeah, that's the look of a 7-9 to 9-7 team to me. :rolleyes:

I'm aware of their record including the playoffs. Team last year finished 9-7 on two gift wrapped games. This year's team, although talent galore, is missing a key ingrediant to be a champion, DISCIPLINE. Without, you get last night. With it you get the Pats results. This team has more talent than most, but they never play to it. We are 12 games in, this is who they are. The writing was on the wall during camp if you were paying attention. That is why I said 7-9 9-7.

The team is two years away from being really good. Rex needs to learn how to be a head coach and not a cheerleader. Stop praising your players. Stop beating your chest. Just work hard and play good football. Then shut the f up.

I'm aware of their record including the playoffs. Team last year finished 9-7 on two gift wrapped games. This year's team, although talent galore, is missing a key ingrediant to be a champion, DISCIPLINE. Without, you get last night. With it you get the Pats results. This team has more talent than most, but they never play to it. We are 12 games in, this is who they are. The writing was on the wall during camp if you were paying attention. That is why I said 7-9 9-7.

The team is two years away from being really good. Rex needs to learn how to be a head coach and not a cheerleader. Stop praising your players. Stop beating your chest. Just work hard and play good football. Then shut the f up.

:face:

So we got some here telling people how to be fans and other telling coaches how to coach.

Rex doesn't need to change a G-d Damn thing.

This is utter bullsh*t...no offense. Sanchez was god awful last night. He was all over the place. He had a couple of throws to wide open WR's that were no where near the WR. He had throws to guys on the run that were open but the placement was so awful it didnt even matter if they made the catch.

The game plan was fine. Everyone wanted Schotty to use more hurry up no huddle to get the kid comfortable, well, he did and the kid sucked.

You can blame Schotty all you want but the plays were there and Sanchez couldnt make them. You Schotty haters that want to put everything on him, cant see the trees through the forest.

I wonder what game you were watching as even the announcers confirmed that Sanchez had nowhere to go most of the time, including when he scrambled out of the pocket as the WRs were all 25 yards down the field and never came back for the ball. This is bad coaching.

Notice how the Pats players are always in the right position for the right situation. On Sanchez' dumb playfake they ignored it and just intercepted the ball. That's coaching, the players know there's no threat in that situation so they just play the pass. The Jets never play smart on offense at all.

Archived