Prediction: Nick Folk Gets Cut

Maxman

Yet there are still posters who are glad Jay Feely is gone. Jay has missed one field goal--from 54 yards--all season.

I didn't like Jay personally (I am not saying I know him). But he was much better last year than Folk is this year.

Yet there are still posters who are glad Jay Feely is gone. Jay has missed one field goal--from 54 yards--all season.

In Arizona...f*ck Jay Feely...can't understand the fetish for this guy for the life of me...then again there's alot of weird sh*t.

If there's a better kicker out there...sign that guy...it's not Kris Brown...and iunno who else is out there...Folk could be gone but you don't cut a guy because he annoys you you cut him to replace him with someone better.

I do agree he should go, but I dont think Ryan will do it after a loss like this. It almost comes across as scapegoating and I dont picture Ryan doing that. Ryan also has no respect for Miami and is never going to think a win against Miami will be because of a kicker.

In Arizona...f*ck Jay Feely...can't understand the fetish for this guy for the life of me...then again there's alot of weird sh*t.

If there's a better kicker out there...sign that guy...it's not Kris Brown...and iunno who else is out there...Folk could be gone but you don't cut a guy because he annoys you you cut him to replace him with someone better.

perhaps I can explain. Last year he was a top four kicker. this year he has only missed one very long field goal. we cut him for jason taylor. and replace him with a total bum who got cut mid-season last year because he sucked horribly. that bum is now 50% in his last dozen kicks. If cutting Feely wasn't a mistake, then points and field position are way over-rated.

perhaps I can explain. Last year he was a top four kicker. this year he has only missed one very long field goal. we cut him for jason taylor. and replace him with a total bum who got cut mid-season last year because he sucked horribly. that bum is now 50% in his last dozen kicks. If cutting Feely wasn't a mistake, then points and field position are way over-rated.

Check out kicker history and tell me what the significance of that should be to me in 2010.

Jay Feely isn't a differnce maker. He's the f'ng kicker man.

Forget Folk, Id rather cut Eric Smith and put a helmet and jersey on a giant cactus and put it out there. its practically the same thing...

Eric Smith doesn't as a special teamer/dime back. As a KErry Rhodes/Jim Leonard Replacement he's not up to snuff.

Nick Folk sucking does not make Jay Feely a good kicker. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that. Feely is literally the single least clutch kicker in all of the NFL (just ask Giants fans). He's always piled up kicks that didn't matter, and chokes the second he's needed. Why do you think his best seasons have happened while on completely horrendous Dolphins and Cardinals teams. Keep in mind his streak with the Jets also took place across horrible losing streaks from the Jets at the end of 2008 and early/mid 2009, yet he was garbage in early 2008, late 2009 and the 2009 playoffs, when the Jets were competing and winning some games, so the pressure was on. The guy's a born loser. Cut Nick Folk for all I care, and replace him with someone else. He started off playing well, but he sucks at this point, you won't get much argument from me. That still doesn't mean Feely is good. I couldn't be more thrilled to be rid of the Chad Pennington of kickers.

Eric Smith doesn't as a special teamer/dime back. As a KErry Rhodes/Jim Leonard Replacement he's not up to snuff.

Special teamer maybe, but that's it. This guy should literally NEVER see the field on defense, not even as a dime back. I cannot think of a single player who I have ever seen perform as consistently poorly in coverage as Eric Smith. When you consider the absurd penalties, the Jets would be better off playing with 10 men.

Nick Folk sucking does not make Jay Feely a good kicker. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that. Feely is literally the single least clutch kicker in all of the NFL (just ask Giants fans). He's always piled up kicks that didn't matter, and chokes the second he's needed. Why do you think his best seasons have happened while on completely horrendous Dolphins and Cardinals teams. Keep in mind his streak with the Jets also took place across horrible losing streaks from the Jets at the end of 2008 and early/mid 2009, yet he was garbage in early 2008, late 2009 and the 2009 playoffs, when the Jets were competing and winning some games, so the pressure was on. The guy's a born loser. Cut Nick Folk for all I care, and replace him with someone else. He started off playing well, but he sucks at this point, you won't get much argument from me. That still doesn't mean Feely is good. I couldn't be more thrilled to be rid of the Chad Pennington of kickers.

EXACTLY. He choked away big kicks for us last season, especially against the Colts.

Archived