Rex compares Jets to 85 Bears at todays presser (meaning they lost on monday night and won the super bowl)

BP

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I consider BP a necessary evil. SOMEONE'S got to hate the HC...can't just leave that stone unturned.

I don't hate him. I just wish he would get serious here after that debacle. and bringing that sh*t up will not get the players focused back to reality.

I can try. start a petition..lol

And you can unban yourself as well.

It will be cool. You'll ban yourself, unban yourself to post an announcement that you've been banned, and then re-ban yourself for as long as you like.

And you can unban yourself as well.

It will be cool. You'll ban yourself, unban yourself to post an announcement that you've been banned, and then re-ban yourself for as long as you like.

No, I could also be put on universal ignore (which was a vBulletin feature).

Did Rex actually compare the 2010 Jets team to the 1985 Bears team, or did he use an example of an uncharacteristic loss by a team and how it doesn't necessarily predict future performances using an instance he has personal familiarity with? There is a difference you know.

Thats exactly what he meant. but it's the perception to the players that it's ''ok'' and we'll get them next time. well, it's not ''ok'' and they shouldnt shrug it off like that. they should be embarrassed and pisssed off after that debacle.

Guys. You're all crazy. What he should've said was:

(door flies open)

Rex: HOW THE **** YOU DOING BOYS

Team: Bad coach

Rex. YOURE GODDAMN RIGHT BAD. IT IS OFFICIALLY TIME TO ******* PANIC. I SAT ON THE TOILET TODAY AND COULDN'T SQUEEZE OUT A sh*t. THEN I STOOD UP AND OUT CAME THE sh*t AND IT HIT THE FLOOR. COMPLETELY MISSED THE ******* TOILET, COMPLETELY FOLKED THAT TURD. BOYS, IT IS TIME FOR US TO REALIZE WE ARE ALL ******* TERRIBLE. MY CHALLENGES WERE TERRIBLE, EL MINERO LOOKED LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER JUST TURNED HIM DOWN, AND WE ARE JUST FRAUDS. WE SUCK.

Did Rex actually compare the 2010 Jets team to the 1985 Bears team, or did he use an example of an uncharacteristic loss by a team and how it doesn't necessarily predict future performances using an instance he has personal familiarity with? There is a difference you know.

Exactly.

Listen to the reference in context - don't just run with a soundbyte:

Rex's Press Conference Link

I do not believe that. Someone get a link.

He didn't. He did, however, point to the '86 Bears in an effort to illustrate that a loss doesn't define a team's championship hopes. By the way the thread is titled, you'd think that he busted out a Ross Perot chart and explained the comparisons between the two.

Thats exactly what he meant. but it's the perception to the players that it's ''ok'' and we'll get them next time. well, it's not ''ok'' and they shouldnt shrug it off like that. they should be embarrassed and pisssed off after that debacle.

I actually do agree with you on that. I don't want the Jets being convinced this was just an aberration and they don't need to change anything, because they do. They can't assume if they just keep doing everything exactly the way they were they'll be just fine, because this performance has been weeks in the making now. So I get the point of the example and am fine with it, because the season is certainly not over for the Jets, but just as long as the Jets aren't chalking it up to that and nothing more (which I can't imagine they are, but I guess you never know).

I actually do agree with you on that. I don't want the Jets being convinced this was just an aberration and they don't need to change anything, but they do. They can't assume if they just keep doing everything exactly the way they were they'll be just fine, because this performance has been weeks in the making now. So I get the point of the example and am fine with it, because the season is certainly not over for the Jets, but just as long as the Jets aren't chalking it up to that and nothing more (which I can't imagine they are, but I guess you never know).

I'm hoping it's somewhere in between. We'll see Sunday I suppose.

Rex didn't compare the Jets to the 85 Bears. The point is that any team can get blown out and bounce back. Even the SB Champ Pats in 03 lost 31-0.

REALLY? WOW..I DIDNT KNOW THAT!

Seriously, it is THAT EXACT perception to the players that is the problem. denial isnt just a river in Egypt.

I don't hate him. I just wish he would get serious here after that debacle. and bringing that sh*t up will not get the players focused back to reality.

How do you know? Are you a HC, are you in the locker room? Do you know what motivates the team that he's been coaching for the past 2 years?

Would you like him better if he came out and talked about how bad the Jets suck and how they will never get over this loss?

Rex Ryan is Rex Ryan. He's not who BP wants him to be or anyone else for that matter. Me thinks you need to get used to the behavior of the Jets HC because after he takes us to back to back playoffs in his first 2 season as a HC, accomplishing something that the Jets have only done twice in 20 years...you are going to be seeing a lot of Rex Ryan for a long time.

How do you know? Are you a HC, are you in the locker room? Do you know what motivates the team that he's been coaching for the past 2 years?

Would you like him better if he came out and talked about how bad the Jets suck and how they will never get over this loss?

Rex Ryan is Rex Ryan. He's not who BP wants him to be or anyone else for that matter. Me thinks you need to get used to the behavior of the Jets HC because after he takes us to back to back playoffs in his first 2 season as a HC, accomplishing something that the Jets have only done twice in 20 years...you are going to be seeing a lot of Rex Ryan for a long time.

Did you watch the game last night? :rl: he was doing the same thing the last 10 -11 days. did it work last night?

The Jets did suck.The Jets should be embarrassed and humiliated. who really cares what he did last year right now? what is that gonna do right now? tell me? do you know? the Jets havent been playing well for weeks! BUT THEY'RE GREAT = Yesterdays abomination.

He has been making asinine comments since day one, that's who he is.

If he changes now... What kind of message does he send to his team?

He can't stop now, or his team will lose all hope.

The problem is, he should have shut up from day 1, and just played football.

If you win it all, then say I told you so.

Running your mouth all year long, is not how you do it.

Seize the moment when it's necessary and deliver!

That's how a real leader does it!

See: Messier, Ali, Reed, Ruth, Namath!

From Sept. 15th: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/blog/7/entry-9-tbjs-letter-to-the-ny-jets/

Did you watch the game last night? :rl: he was doing the same thing the last 10 -11 days. did it work last night?

The Jets did suck.The Jets should be embarrassed and humiliated. who really cares what he did last year right now? what is that gonna do right now? tell me? do you know? the Jets havent been playing well for weeks! BUT THEY'RE GREAT = Yesterdays abomination.

Nope...didnt watch the game at all. Why do you constantly use that line? lol

All I know is Rex Ryan is 20-10 as a HC in the NFL, in only his second season with a 23 year old QB and his behavior worked well enough to get us to this point in the season and half away from the SB last year. All I know is Rex Ryan is the coach that players most want to play of the in the NFL. All I know is that the Jets are rarely in this type of a position in Dec. All I know is the Jets are a couple of wins away from back to back playoff births. And I know, Rex Ryan is the reason why.

You want him to be someone he is not, while the rest of the fans love him, players adore him and whatever he does seems to work but unfortunately, it didnt last night. And guess what, Rex's attitude/behavior had nothing to do with it. Nothing.

I'm sure the Jets are embarrassed. I'm sure the Jets are ashamed. But the last thing the Jets need is for their HC to all of sudden become a pussy and flush the season down the toilet because of one loss. I rather have a HC that leaves that game itching to play that team again because he believes his team is better. Rather than, a HC who will tuck his tail between his legs, run for cover and anoint their bitter rival as the greatest team the world has ever seen when they could potentially seem them again when it really matters.

Nope...didnt watch the game at all. Why do you constantly use that line? lol

All I know is Rex Ryan is 20-10 as a HC in the NFL, in only his second season with a 23 year old QB and his behavior worked well enough to get us to this point in the season and half away from the SB last year. All I know is Rex Ryan is the coach that players most want to play of the in the NFL. All I know is that the Jets are rarely in this type of a position in Dec. All I know is the Jets are a couple of wins away from back to back playoff births. And I know, Rex Ryan is the reason why.

You want him to be someone he is not, while the rest of the fans love him, players adore him and whatever he does seems to work but unfortunately, it didnt last night. And guess what, Rex's attitude/behavior had nothing to do with it. Nothing.

I'm sure the Jets are embarrassed. I'm sure the Jets are ashamed. But the last thing the Jets need is for their HC to all of sudden become a pussy and flush the season down the toilet because of one loss. I rather have a HC that leaves that game itching to play that team again because he believes his team is better. Rather than, a HC who will tuck his tail between his legs, run for cover and anoint their bitter rival as the greatest team the world has ever seen when they could potentially seem them again when it really matters.

Dude, you are wrong. after the opening day loss to the Ravens the Jets and Rex did not say a peep all week long and were humbled. what did they do after that? they beat the Patriots. do you remember that week? he didnt say boo. why not try that again? its been a while, but I liked the results.

Dude, you are wrong. after the opening day loss to the Ravens the Jets and Rex did not say a peep all week long and were humbled. what did they do after that? they beat the Patriots. do you remember that week? he didnt say boo. why not try that again? its been a while, but I liked the results.

He was 0-1 after week 1, now he's 9-3, duh.

Archived