Rex compares Jets to 85 Bears at todays presser (meaning they lost on monday night and won the super bowl)

BP

How is that ripping them? they should be embarrassed and humiliated. they were all there.

Agreed. They should be.

Look, the Jets havent been playing well for weeks. they were winning but there were a lot of concerns. he said 4 weeks in a row he was gonna fix the problems.

Agreed, and yes... every time he says he is going to fix the problems, they seem to go right back to repeating the same mistakes.

This is my concern, after the Broncos game everybody used a blueprint off of that game on how to play the Jets. EVERYBODY is gonna look at what the Patriots did last night and use the same game plan. REX has to start coaching NOW. I'll leave it at that. enough with his nonsense.

EVERYBODY can't use the same gameplan, because EVERYBODY doesn't have Tom Brady and Bill Belli****. I agree in that teams will try to attack us in similar ways, but there is NO other team in the league that pass protects for their QB like the Pats do for Brady - and frankly NO other coach that schemes to each individual opponent like Bill. Plus, they cheat and get all the calls, and all that razz ma tazz...

Rex needs to stop being so forgiving of the weaknesses on this team. His second year as a HC is proving to be a bit more of a learning experience than his first year. He does indeed need to start coaching better, before the games, and during.

The "fight promoter" side of him needs to be shelved IMO, if only temporarily, to show a commitment to improvement. Keeping with the Rex status quo after last night IMO is a failure to react to the current state of the team.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. They should be.

Agreed, and yes... every time he says he is going to fix the problems, they seem to go right back to repeating the same mistakes.

EVERYBODY can't use the same gameplan, because EVERYBODY doesn't have Tom Brady and Bill Belli****. I agree in that teams will try to attack us in similar ways, but there is NO other team in the league that pass protects for their QB like the Pats do for Brady - and frankly NO other coach that schemes to each individual opponent like Bill. Plus, they cheat and get all the calls, and all that razz ma tazz...

Rex needs to stop being so forgiving of the weaknesses on this team. His second year as a HC is proving to be a bit more of a learning experience than his first year. He does indeed need to start coaching better, before the games, and during.

The "fight promoter" side of him needs to be shelved IMO, if only temporarily, to show a commitment to improvement. Keeping with the Rex status quo after last night IMO is a failure to react to the current state of the team.

I agree on the Brady and Bellichick part..lol ;)

What concerns me is that after the Bronco's game (that had Sanchez confused as hell) everybody was using the same tactics and it took the Jets forever to adjust.

My whole point with this whole thread is that I do not like the Jets talking about being complacent and saying ''it's ok, we'll getem next week'' it's not ok after the WAY they played last night. they quit in the 3rd quarter.

Rex said ''well, the 85 bears lost to the Dolphins on Monday night and they wound up winning the super bowl'' yeah, that is in no way a comparison. no way at all.

Hes been talking about fixing the mistake's for like 5 weeks now..lol

Furhter more it's definitely trolling 101 ( only for Klecko,jif and bj, my 3 resident coat tails that follow me around the site)

Cant win.

He's 9-3 and is 13-4 since losing to ATL last season. The guy is doing a fine job. Room to improve. Absolutely. Nobody's perfect and you cant buy experience. If he's this good while he's learning, how good is he going to be when it clicks? The Jets are very fortunate to have a coach like Rex Ryan.

What concerns me is that after the Bronco's game (that had Sanchez confused as hell) everybody was using the same tactics and it took the Jets forever to adjust.

My whole point with this whole thread is that I do not like the Jets talking about being complacent and saying ''it's ok, we'll getem next week'' it's not ok after the WAY they played last night. they quit in the 3rd quarter.

So all he needs to say is, "Its not o.k. we lost last night"? And then you'd be happy? I dunno, but I'd assume its implied. And therefore, moping around dwelling on it talking about how its not o.k. is redundant and counterproductive. He's moving on, just like any good leader would do. This is not an uncommon practice and you dont know what he says to the team behind closed doors.

He's not complacent, he's says they need to improve. He's said it 20 times in this very press conference. You say they are not improving, yet they are still 9-3. Luckily the season isnt over and the Jets have more time to get better before the playoffs. Sh*t doesnt happen over night and week to week, every game is different.

I'm extremely confident Rex is trying to improve the team in the necessary places and not just saying he is to the media.

So all he needs to say is, "Its not o.k. we lost last night"? And then you'd be happy? I dunno, but I'd assume its implied. And therefore, moping around dwelling on it talking about how its not o.k. is redundant and counterproductive. He's moving on, just like any good leader would do. This is not an uncommon practice and you dont know what he says to the team behind closed doors.

He's not complacent, he's says they need to improve. He's said it 20 times in this very press conference. You say they are not improving, yet they are still 9-3. Luckily the season isnt over and the Jets have more time to get better before the playoffs. sh*t doesnt happen over night and week to week, every game is different.

I'm extremely confident Rex is trying to get improve the team in the necessary places and not just saying he is.

Do you know what the word complacent means? the proof is in the pudding. the Jets have been awful the past 5 weeks down the stretch. they have been playing worse as the season has gone on. you can sugar coat it all you want, but when they finally played a good team the results were not spectacular, were they?

This is ridiculous - he didn't compare the Jets to the Bears great defense. All he was saying is that even great teams like the Bears - get blown out. And they did get blown out. That final score was not the real story and plus THAT DEFENSE gave up 38 points!!! That was a shocker. A great analogy by Ryan - that is what leaders do - they rally. This weekend will show what this team is made of - it's easy when your riding high, but when you get knocked down liked the Jets did, it takes something special to come back. Only a dufus pessimist wants to see the negative side of what Rex said. Love this coach.

We are 9-3

This is ridiculous - he didn't compare the Jets to the Bears great defense. All he was saying is that even great teams like the Bears - get blown out. And they did get blown out. That final score was not the real story and plus THAT DEFENSE gave up 38 points!!! That was a shocker. A great analogy by Ryan - that is what leaders do - they rally. This weekend will show what this team is made of - it's easy when your riding high, but when you get knocked down liked the Jets did, it takes something special to come back. Only a dufus pessimist wants to see the negative side of what Rex said. Love this coach.

He didnt compare the Jets to the great Bears defense, you're right. so wtf are you talking about?

LOL at leaders. these last 4 games will be a major test for Rex as a coach and the Jets.

Do you know what the word complacent means? the proof is in the pudding. the Jets have been awful the past 5 weeks down the stretch. they have been playing worse as the season has gone on. you can sugar coat it all you want, but when they finally played a good team the results were not spectacular, were they?

I actually had to google complacent. First time I've ever seen or heard that word in my life.

Proof is in the pudding? They are 4-1 in the last 5 games. :confused0085:

Like I said, I'm pretty confident Rex is trying to get the team to play better and not just saying he is to the media. Its not happening enough for you're liking and you have every right to be mad at Rex about that...I agree, something needs to give. I guess because I dont hate him and have dont confidence in him because he's a fat loud mouth, I'm confident he can fix the problems.

Sucks playing in a division with the greatest QB/HC combo ever. Especially when you are a 2nd year HC with a 2nd year QB trying to overcome a decade of incompetence.

I actually had to google complacent. First time I've ever seen or heard that word in my life.

Proof is in the pudding? They are 4-1 in the last 5 games. :confused0085:

Like I said, I'm pretty confident Rex is trying to get the team to play better and not just saying he is to the media. Its not happening enough for you're liking and you have every right to be mad at Rex about that...I agree, something needs to give. I guess because I dont hate him and have dont confidence in him because he's a fat loud mouth, I'm confident he can fix the problems.

Sucks playing in a division with the greatest QB/HC combo ever. Especially when you are a 2nd year HC with a 2nd year QB trying to overcome a decade of incompetence.

You forgot to add that Rex got to the AFC championship game with a rookie qb as a rookie hc.

4-1 yes, 3 of those games..the Lions, the Browns and the Texans..lol (thank you, God) the Jets were awful and won 2 in ot and one at the end. I know, they all count. but the way they played was concerning.

No, but I don't see how it's the end of the world that we took one loss. And I don't see what there is to complain about when you're talking about the past 5 games.

You didnt see this coming when you play like sh*t against sh*tty teams? lol..what do you think happens when you play a good team?

It's not the end of the world damnit! who said that? theres 4 more games to play.

He didnt compare the Jets to the great Bears defense, you're right. so wtf are you talking about?

LOL at leaders. these last 4 games will be a major test for Rex as a coach and the Jets.

See post title as typed by you. He didn't compare the Jets to the Bears - he compared the scenerio. Team gets wiped out on Monday night game and goes on to win SB. If you want to take his press conference comments out of context and say he compared the Jets to the '85 Bears (ie. to that great defensive team) that's your issue - he didn't make that comparison - you did - to make your point that Ryan is delusional. Leaders motivate and find hope (If you think Ryan is not a realist you're out to lunch - too bad we won't have a video of tomorrow's team meeting). So that is WTF I'm talking about. Also, point that we'll see what kind of team and coach Ryan is over the next 4 games is a gimme - you don't have to wait 4 games. This weekend will tell you all you need.

The difference being, of course, that when the Pats lost to the Bills 31-0, it was WEEK ONE.

In 2008, the Arizona Cardinals went into Foxboro in Week 16 and lost 47-7, they went on to play the Steelers in the SB.

It happens. There are plenty of examples.

You forgot to add that Rex got to the AFC championship game with a rookie qb as a rookie hc.

4-1 yes, 3 of those games..the Lions, the Browns and the Texans..lol (thank you, God) the Jets were awful and won 2 in ot and one at the end. I know, they all count. but the way they played was concerning.

The Jets play is concerning. Winning is not. I believe Rex Ryan when he's says he trying to fix it.

See post title as typed by you. He didn't compare the Jets to the Bears - he compared the scenerio. Team gets wiped out on Monday night game and goes on to win SB. If you want to take his press conference comments out of context and say he compared the Jets to the '85 Bears (ie. to that great defensive team) that's your issue - he didn't make that comparison - you did - to make your point that Ryan is delusional. Leaders motivate and find hope (If you think Ryan is not a realist you're out to lunch - too bad we won't have a video of tomorrow's team meeting). So that is WTF I'm talking about. Also, point that we'll see what kind of team and coach Ryan is over the next 4 games is a gimme - you don't have to wait 4 games. This weekend will tell you all you need.

You dont post here often. This is what BP does...he's a HUGE Rex Ryan hater and a troll.

I woul dlike to say that I know BP. I watched the game with him last night. BP is indeed a Jets fan. He was not happy when they lost (I wasn't sure what his reaction would be, lol).

I think he is being misquoted. Or his misremembered his posts. Something like that. At any rate if Rex gets fired w\out winning a Super Bowl, BP is going to own this place. :rolleyes:

You dont post here often. This is what BP does...he's a HUGE Rex Ryan hater and a troll.

Thanks - you're right I don't post often,came here to lick the wounds, but this mentality that Ryan sucks is mind blowing. Is this guy a moderator? Don't they have an age limit requirement?

Nice post. 100% correct, what we do against the Dolphins will speak volumes about the state of Rex and the state of his team. Dolphins play us very well and would love to pile on and take a giant crap on our post season hopes. Rex better get in his boyz heads and make it crystal clear that this game will determine the perception of this team and is absolutely a statement game. We lose or even have another last minute limp win and we are nothing more than lucky and the team will start to second guess his leadership. They come out and blast the Dolphins into bite size pieces of yummy sushi and everyone will be happy to believe that the Pats just played a great game and we will get them next time.

Thanks - you're right I don't post often,came here to lick the wounds, but this mentality that Ryan sucks is mind blowing. Is this guy a moderator? Don't they have an age limit requirement?

Like Crusher said, you only have to be fat and a fudge packer to be a mod here. want to see the mod forum? I can give you a tour if you like. :yes:

I have had to make like 6 posts in this thread to explain my point. being complacent by saying that (which means it's ok to lose we'll getem next time) is the wrong thing to be doing right now. hes been doing that for weeks already saying how resilient and great they are. and they havent been responding. you obviously didnt read the thread ;)

I woul dlike to say that I know BP. I watched the game with him last night. BP is indeed a Jets fan. He was not happy when they lost (I wasn't sure what his reaction would be, lol).

I think he is being misquoted. Or his misremembered his posts. Something like that. At any rate if Rex gets fired w\out winning a Super Bowl, BP is going to own this place. :rolleyes:

Are you sure you want to say that?

I have had to make like 6 posts in this thread to explain my point. being complacent by saying that (which means it's ok to lose we'll getem next time) is the wrong thing to be doing right now. hes been doing that for weeks already saying how resilient and great they are. and they havent been responding. you obviously didnt read the thread ;)

I don't think Ryan says or implies it's ok to lose - being resilient is part of being a good team. One thing I have noticed last year and this - this team is resilient. He admits they got spanked big time, no excuses. He has always said he's learning and doesn't have all the answers. Despite all his bravado - if you listen to Ryan closely he says some quite humbling comments. He goes over and over again how he has to review the mistakes to correct them. One thing I noted in his press conference - either today or after the game - he was asked are you going to throw away the tape and move on like it was a bad dream - he said hell no - there is alot to learn. I remember many a coach who say that they throw away the tape and move on (whether that is true or not I don't know). Ryan is ok in my book - If Ryan wins a SB it's gonna be a blast - a real funfest - and a nice departure from the Captain Queeg's of the NFL coaches brotherhood. I'm rooting for him win or lose. He's alot of fun.

I don't think Ryan says or implies it's ok to lose - being resilient is part of being a good team. One thing I have noticed last year and this - this team is resilient. He admits they got spanked big time, no excuses. He has always said he's learning and doesn't have all the answers. Despite all his bravado - if you listen to Ryan closely he says some quite humbling comments. He goes over and over again how he has to review the mistakes to correct them. One thing I noted in his press conference - either today or after the game - he was asked are you going to throw away the tape and move on like it was a bad dream - he said hell no - there is alot to learn. I remember many a coach who say that they throw away the tape and move on (whether that is true or not I don't know). Ryan is ok in my book - If Ryan wins a SB it's gonna be a blast - a real funfest - and a nice departure from the Captain Queeg's of the NFL coaches brotherhood. I'm rooting for him win or lose. He's alot of fun.

See, I have said this many times. if Rex wins a super bowl with the Jets all is forgiven and he can do or say whatever the **** he wants..lol. we'll see what happens over the next 4 games. cheers!

How is that ripping them? they should be embarrassed and humiliated. they were all there.

Look, the Jets havent been playing well for weeks. they were winning but there were a lot of concerns. he said 4 weeks in a row he was gonna fix the problems.

This is my concern, after the Broncos game everybody used a blueprint off of that game on how to play the Jets. EVERYBODY is gonna look at what the Patriots did last night and use the same game plan. REX has to start coaching NOW. I'll leave it at that. enough with his nonsense.

Bwahaha if they try that they have fallen for the trap!

It's not like we really ever even remotely use the same gameplan twice unless it fai---

Ohdamnit.

Rex said ''well, the 85 bears lost to the Dolphins on Monday night and they wound up winning the super bowl'' yeah, that is in no way a comparison. no way at all.

Yeah, it really isn't. I don't think you know what defines a comparison. Especially considering the fact that you think the simple mention of another team defines a superlative. I know this may come off as crazy, but mere examples aren't necessarily limited to comparisons in the English language. One can use them in the context of making a point without making a comparison. Insane, I know.

Yeah, it really isn't. I don't think you know what defines a comparison. Especially considering the fact that you think the simple mention of another team defines a superlative. I know this may come off as crazy, but mere examples aren't necessarily limited to comparisons in the English language. One can use them in the context of making a point without making a comparison. Insane, I know.

Man, you should mentor Rex, you sound really smart.

Translation: Bald guy no like proper words. Must pound chest and make point no matter how dumb bald guy sound.

LOL! Enlighten me professor Doug. it's an example hes using for a similar situation? (Monday night? with daddy Buddy?) whats the point in bringing it up at the presser?

Archived