Rex compares Jets to 85 Bears at todays presser (meaning they lost on monday night and won the super bowl)

BP

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it's a corollary.

To illustrate why he doesn't think a bad loss is a detriment to a team's championship hopes.

Did they play like a championship team on Monday night? the Bears were competitive in that monday night game they lost to the Dolphins.

See, I have said this many times. if Rex wins a super bowl with the Jets all is forgiven and he can do or say whatever the **** he wants..lol. we'll see what happens over the next 4 games. cheers!

Here's what I don't understand. What on Earth has Rex done that requires forgiveness? Go further in the playoffs than all but one head coach in franchise history in his first year? Winning 66% of his games thus far in his career as Jets coach?

You were ripping the guy before he coached a single game. You decided you weren't gonna like this guy and since then every single slip, no matter how minor, generates a thread from you with angry, often nonsensical and rarely valid criticism. So now, if coaches don't win the Super Bowl in their first year we're going to assign them failure status? That makes no sense.

What needs to be forgiven? Please make a valid argument.

Here's what I don't understand. What on Earth has Rex done that requires forgiveness? Go further in the playoffs than all but one head coach in franchise history in his first year? Winning 66% of his games thus far in his career as Jets coach?

You were ripping the guy before he coached a single game. You decided you weren't gonna like this guy and since then every single slip, no matter how minor, generates a thread from you with angry, often nonsensical and rarely valid criticism. So now, if coaches don't win the Super Bowl in their first year we're going to assign them failure status? That makes no sense.

What needs to be forgiven? Please make a valid argument.

You forgot to mention that he's the only rookie hc to go to the afc championship game with a rookie qb (thats a very important legacy and you left it out)

Seriously, what are you, his mother?

You guys are now saying Ive been bad mouthing him since he's been hired? :rl: that is not true!

What I would like is for him to act like a professional who represents the NY Jets (my team). now that doesnt mean he doesnt have to be funny. just stop acting like an embarrassing juvenile douchebag. if he wins a super bowl he can moon the press at his pressers and I wouldnt give a sh*t.

I have said a million times that he's done a much better job than Mangini and was probably the best coach we could get. but all I'm asking is for him to act like a professional. this will get old after a while, you know that, right?

You forgot to mention that he's the only rookie hc to go to the afc championship game with a rookie qb (thats a very important legacy and you left it out)

You guys are now saying Ive been bad mouthing him since he's been hired? :rl: that is not true!

What I would like is for him to act like a professional who represents the NY Jets (my team). now that doesnt mean he doesnt have to be funny. just stop acting like an embarrassing juvenile douchebag. if he wins a super bowl he can moon the press at his pressers and I wouldnt give a sh*t.

I have said a million times that he's done a much better job than Mangini and was probably the best coach we could get. but all I'm asking is for him to act like a professional. this will get old after a while, you know that, right?

How is he not being professional? Seriously, you act as if he's waving his cock at press conferences.

Not that I'm trying to help your argument or anything, but I just thought I would point out that the Ravens did that very same thing the year before the Jets, so he's certainly not the only one to have done it. :P

Yeah, it really isn't. I don't think you know what defines a comparison. Especially considering the fact that you think the simple mention of another team defines a superlative. I know this may come off as crazy, but mere examples aren't necessarily limited to comparisons in the English language. One can use them in the context of making a point without making a comparison. Insane, I know.

Get the **** outta here!!!!!

Right, because having professional, by the book coaches have led us to so much success. This is a franchise that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 40 years. I don't care if Rex does it by going to every press conference drunk and naked, he's the guy who gives us the best shot at a Super Bowl title since Parcells and very teams in this league would rather have their coach than ours.

Not that I'm trying to help your argument or anything, but I just thought I would point out that the Ravens did that very same thing the year before the Jets, so he's certainly not the only one to have done it. :P

Tell that to the Rex lovers! they've been telling me that!

Right, because having professional, by the book coaches have led us to so much success. This is a franchise that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 40 years. I don't care if Rex does it by going to every press conference drunk and naked, he's the guy who gives us the best shot at a Super Bowl title since Parcells and very teams in this league would rather have their coach than ours.

What is that? ''by the book''? does that mean not act like a buffoon? what in the world does how he acts have to do with coaching the team? especially since his Mommy Klecko says the players NEVER watch his press conferences?

hey man, Rex is one of us. Thats wrong BP. Can;t a fat loud mouth get a damn break? He's not a douche bag, he a fat jovial dude who is LEARNING on the damn job. That's what he is doing. So he looked like a blundering fat tard on Monday against arguably one of the best football minds (cheating aside) of the modern football era. your beloved Parcell's would agree with this.

What is that? ''by the book''? does that mean not act like a buffoon? what in the world does how he acts have to do with coaching the team? especially since his Mommy Klecko says the players NEVER watch his press conferences?

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Are you really trying to insinuate that Rex's attitude is what lost the game last night? What the hell about his attitude, then, has won us 20 regular season games and 2 postseason games in less than 2 seasons? Rex certainly hasn't changed.

You can't have it both ways. I say he's a successful coach who's also a buffoon, and that's fine by me.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Are you really trying to insinuate that Rex's attitude is what lost the game last night? What the hell about his attitude, then, has won us 20 regular season games and 2 postseason games in less than 2 seasons? Rex certainly hasn't changed.

WRONG... He has lost some weight and I'm waiting for a Samson kinda thing happening if he continues this, but I will save that for another thread.

You quoted a post that I was responding to by Klecko, if you cant figure out the conversation, thats not my problem, it's yours.

Monday night was an embarrassment. the Jets quit in the 3rd quarter after the Sanchez pic. they did not look like they were ready to play in the biggest game of the year. THAT IS A PROBLEM! Had they played well and lost I wouldnt be harping on it. but I dont think the Patriots are as good as most of the people are giving them credit for. I think the Jets were just awful.

Did Rex actually compare the 2010 Jets team to the 1985 Bears team, or did he use an example of an uncharacteristic loss by a team and how it doesn't necessarily predict future performances using an instance he has personal familiarity with? There is a difference you know.

Bah, to even mention the two together...in the same sentence...is a huge metaphoric fail by Rex.

Once again, people like BP are too dumb to realize that by Rex's comments he's taken the negative focus off his players and back onto him.

Is the media talking about the Jets players now? No, they're talking about what Rex said.

Once again, people like BP are too dumb to realize that by Rex's comments he's taken the negative focus off his players and back onto him.

Is the media talking about the Jets players now? No, they're talking about what Rex said.

If you ask me, thats dumb. the players and Rex need all the negative focus they can get after that game so they will never forget it. the players quit in the 3rd quarter and he's protecting them? lol..yeah, that is very smart. that ole Rex, hes as sharp as a marble.

You can't have it both ways. I say he's a successful coach who's also a buffoon, and that's fine by me.

He doesnt have a point. He started a thread that by every definition of the word, is trolling. He hates Rex Ryan for being a loud mouth and fat. Apparently, fat loud mouths cant be successful in the world according to BP...even though he's been extremely successful.

But, its cool, he's doing it all to drive up posts and loves to pat himself on the back for that.

No way! You are implying that Rex is actually smart, which cant be possible because he's fat and has a loud mouth.

This thread has gone from a Rex Ryan thread to a BP is dumb and a tool and a troll and he brings nothing to this board and this and that BY THE SAME PEOPLE may I add that belong to one clique. I guess the truth hurts when you cant defend your points. otherwise if this truly is a troll thread, are you guys too dumb to ignore it? lol

This thread has gone from a Rex Ryan thread to a BP is dumb and a tool and a troll and he brings nothing to this board and this and that BY THE SAME PEOPLE may I add that belong to one clique. I guess the truth hurts when you cant defend your points. otherwise if this truly is a troll thread, are you guys too dumb to ignore it? lol

Holy crap get over yourself dude. I haven't called you a troll once. People have very successfully defended their points Jim. You keep cherry picking and changing the argument whenever you have nothing legitimate to come back with which is pretty much constant at this point - which by definition - is trolling.

Seriously Jim, what the hell happened to you? You used to be a good guy.

betty%20its%20all%20aboout%20me.JPG

betty%20its%20all%20aboout%20me.JPG

Who posted in: Rex compares Jets to 85 Bears at todays presser (meaning they lost on monday night and won the super bowl)

Member name Posts

BP 49

JiF 14

SMC 7

RutgersJetFan 7

The Brooklyn Jet 7

Klecko73isGod 6

The Crusher 6

Cyberjet 4

Jetsfan80 3

Integrity28 3

Bleedin Green 3

stoicsentry 3

Vicious89x 3

SenorGato 2

JonEJet 1

Blackout 1

SouthernJet 1

JerryK 1

HessStation 1

dbatesman 1

Savage69 1

T0mShane 1

JoeWillie 1

Larz 1

LWC611 1

visajets 1

DLJ 1

NJ 1

victorjets 1

Jet_Engine1 1

bitonti 1

Max 1

serphnx 1

Thanks!

And now it's a WAAAAAH I WANT JN TO BE LIKE IT WAS thread.

Holy crap get over yourself dude. I haven't called you a troll once. People have very successfully defended their points Jim. You keep cherry picking and changing the argument whenever you have nothing legitimate to come back with which is pretty much constant at this point - which by definition - is trolling.

Seriously Jim, what the hell happened to you? You used to be a good guy.

You haven't, but others have, Joe. I'm not cherry picking, Rex should have just left it with we stunk and were embarrassed and humiliated and I have nothing else to add. bringing up the 85 bears monday night scenario was an awful reference after that sh*t performance.

Archived