Rex compares Jets to 85 Bears at todays presser (meaning they lost on monday night and won the super bowl)

BP

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont worry Vic, you are part of the cool club...BP on the other hand...

loser-trader.jpg

Yeah, I must be a loser. but this loser is getting a lot of your attention..lol..Oh no, I am a loser on an internet message board. omg..BRB..I dont know what Im gonna do with myself.

You haven't, but others have, Joe. I'm not cherry picking, Rex should have just left it with we stunk and were embarrassed and humiliated and I have nothing else to add. bringing up the 85 bears monday night scenario was an awful reference after that sh*t performance.

Gimme a ******* break. He wasn't making a comparison Jim and you know it. He was using it as an example to show how all is not lost and its not. We've seen many teams suffer bad losses in early to mid-December and go on to win the Super Bowl. The media has a short memory when they want to promote a certain narrative and Rex knows that. Pretending that his message to the media is the same as his message to the team is naive at best. It seems to me that you are making an assumption in order to forward a ridiculous narrative that has no basis in reality.

Just last year the Saints lost their last three regular season games and became the first team to lose their last three regular season games to go on and win the SB. Going into the playoffs last year nobody was giving the Saints much of a chance of doing anything because of their finish.

In 2008, the Steelers got killed 31-14 in week 16 by the Titans.

In 2007, the Giants got punked 41-17 by the Vikings in week 12.

In 2006, the Colts lost to the Jags 44-17 in week 14.

In 2005, the Steelers lost 26-7 to the Colts in week 12 and then 38-31 to the Bengals in week 13.

In 2004, the Pats lost a stunner to the Dolphins in week 14.

That's your last six Super Bowl Champs. Now if Rex had listed all of them you might have a point.

Yeah, you have made excellent points in this thread. as mentioned by Klecko.

In all honesty what's the point? It's not even so much that you're right or wrong in this instance, I haven't gone as far to say that. But the truth of the matter is, whether you want to admit it or not, you alone have created this persona. Whenever something good or bad happens with Rex Ryan, there you are, either squashing it or jumping on top of your soap box. It's like how Gato was with Shotty. Every... single... mention of Rex's name and you are there bashing in some fashion.

So I can bring up how it's not ENTIRELY ridiculous for him to say that and that I could understand why some would perceive as pompous but you wouldn't even look at the first portion of the sentence, you'd focus on the latter part and say ZOMG ******* IDIOT BLAH BLAH. We are all products of the image we cultivate. But I'm sure someone else is at fault for that, right?

Gimme a ******* break. He wasn't making a comparison Jim and you know it. He was using it as an example to show how all is not lost and its not. We've seen many teams suffer bad losses in early to mid-December and go on to win the Super Bowl. The media has a short memory when they want to promote a certain narrative and Rex knows that. Pretending that his message to the media is the same as his message to the team is naive at best. It seems to me that you are making an assumption in order to forward a ridiculous narrative that has no basis in reality.

Just last year the Saints lost their last three regular season games and became the first team to lose their last three regular season games to go on and win the SB. Going into the playoffs last year nobody was giving the Saints much of a chance of doing anything because of their finish.

In 2005, the Steelers lost 26-7 to the Colts in week 12 and then 38-31 to the Bengals in week 13.

In 2004, the Pats lost a stunner to the Dolphins in week 14. That's your last six Super Bowl Champs. Now if Rex had listed all of them you might have a point.

You really should do some more research before posting such nonsense. Let me ask you this, why don't you go back and post each of these teams records against teams with wining records, then see how they stack up against the Jets mighty 1-3 record against wining teams. I dare you, see if you can find one of those teams with a losing record against good teams. :lol::lol:

You really should do some more research before posting such nonsense. Let me ask you this, why don't you go back and post each of these teams records against teams with wining records, then see how they stack up against the Jets mighty 1-3 record against wining teams. I dare you, see if you can find one of those teams with a losing record against good teams. :lol::lol:

Wow you're a ******* idiot.

BP, don't blame us because your opinions are dumb and you suck at posting.

LOL! I didnt edit your post. I hit the edit button instead of the reply button.

Here's my question about the Jets. they all quit on Rex after that 3rd quarter int. THATS WHAT BOTHERS ME THE MOST. and you say he must p[protect them, why?

And you know what is ironic ? most of you came here because you were whining and crying about being censored over at the other place. YOU ALL should be getting down on your hands and knees and kissing Max's ring for giving you a place to bash people like me with no repercussion.

Get out of my thread. I'm not in the mood for this sh*t.

In all honesty what's the point? It's not even so much that you're right or wrong in this instance, I haven't gone as far to say that. But the truth of the matter is, whether you want to admit it or not, you alone have created this persona. Whenever something good or bad happens with Rex Ryan, there you are, either squashing it or jumping on top of your soap box. It's like how Gato was with Shotty. Every... single... mention of Rex's name and you are there bashing in some fashion.

So I can bring up how it's not ENTIRELY ridiculous for him to say that and that I could understand why some would perceive as pompous but you wouldn't even look at the first portion of the sentence, you'd focus on the latter part and say ZOMG ******* IDIOT BLAH BLAH. We are all products of the image we cultivate. But I'm sure someone else is at fault for that, right?

I'm not wrong. that was the first time I saw the Jets quit on Rex after the 3rd quarter. if you didnt see it you werent watching the game. and then he says this stupid sh*t and you guys go all gah gah over it.

I'm not wrong. that was the first time I saw the Jets quit on Rex after the 3rd quarter. if you didnt see it you werent watching the game. and then he says this stupid sh*t and you guys go all gah gah over it.

See. That is hysterical. I didn't even say you were wrong anywhere in my post. My whole post was about how you created this image for yourself with your never-ending bashing of Rex. It's no different than those who defended Chad or hated Chad. It makes it hard to ever take any post those kind of people make seriously because it's so incredibly biased.

If he had said "Well we played terrible, the Patritos did well" you'd find someway to bash that. I'm sure you're reply will be that you wouldn't but when you conduct yourself in the manner you have on a consistent basis it makes it hard to believe.

In 2004, the Pats lost a stunner to the Dolphins in week 14.

That's your last six Super Bowl Champs. Now if Rex had listed all of them you might have a point.

Klecko none of those games even resembled the a$$ beatdown we took on monday night NONE OF THEM. We did'nt get beat we got disgraced and embarressed. We could not even score a garbage TD even the worst offenses get garbage time TD's. Do you see an answer to our offense and do you see an answer to stopping the Pats Offense ? The offense they run now is taylor made for our defense and if we continue to blitz the crap out of Brady he will destroy us. Only way to beat this NE offense is to keep the LB's deeper not 3 steps off the LOS and having to back up to make plays. If we dont keep the Pats receivers in front of us and lay some big hits on them were gonna get raped again in the playoffs thats if we can get past the first round .

See. That is hysterical. I didn't even say you were wrong anywhere in my post. My whole post was about how you created this image for yourself with your never-ending bashing of Rex. It's no different than those who defended Chad or hated Chad. It makes it hard to ever take any post those kind of people make seriously because it's so incredibly biased.

If he had said "Well we played terrible, the Patritos did well" you'd find someway to bash that. I'm sure you're reply will be that you wouldn't but when you conduct yourself in the manner you have on a consistent basis it makes it hard to believe.

Thank you ;) I dont remember reading too many of your posts tbh. so I take that as a compliment.

Klecko none of those games even resembled the a$$ beatdown we took on monday night NONE OF THEM. We did'nt get beat we got disgraced and embarressed. We could not even score a garbage TD even the worst offenses get garbage time TD's. Do you see an answer to our offense and do you see an answer to stopping the Pats Offense ? The offense they run now is taylor made for our defense and if we continue to blitz the crap out of Brady he will destroy us. Only way to beat this NE offense is to keep the LB's deeper not 3 steps off the LOS and having to back up to make plays. If we dont keep the Pats receivers in front of us and lay some big hits on them were gonna get raped again in the playoffs thats if we can get past the first round .

This is true. but the quitting in the 3rd quarter after the Sanchez int really bothered me.

Actually, Rex did say exactly that and BP chose to ignore it.

Now he's trying to change the subject into the Jets quitting after Sanchez's third quarter INT.

So let's see... when you can't come up with a legitimate rebuttal what do you do? Do you bash the people who are out debating you? Do you try and turn yourself into a martyr and claim people are ganging up on you? Do you try to change the subject?

Hmmm.....

This is true. but the quitting in the 3rd quarter after the Sanchez int really bothered me.

To be honest with you for the first time in about 14 years I stood up and walked out of the room after that 3rd Quarter INT. Why ? becuase we looked dead and deflated. I went into my office and JN was dead. I was very disturbed and very sad at what transpired on monday night because while I expected the chance of a loss I did not expect the joke disgrace garbage embarressment I watched. I talk the Jets up alot with family and friends and this was so bad I didnt even get a phone call or an email from anyone. Even some of my friends that are Pats fans didnt call . It was that bad

Now he's trying to change the subject into the Jets quitting after Sanchez's third quarter INT.

So let's see... when you can't come up with a legitimate rebuttal what do you do? Do you bash the people who are out debating you? Do you try and turn yourself into a martyr and claim people are ganging up on you? Do you try to change the subject?

Hmmm.....

Change what? the fact that you have no reply? when your team quits on the hc..that is very bad. and why you would protect them or give them a false sense of security is beyond me. we shall see how Rex handles this. he did after all get us to the afc championship game with a rookie qb as a rookie hc. we cant forget about that. that is very important.

Change what? the fact that you have no reply? when your team quits on the hc..that is very bad. and why you would protect them or give them a false sense of security is beyond me. we shall see how Rex handles this. he did after all get us to the afc championship game with a rookie qb as a rookie hc. we cant forget about that. that is very important.

BP the team did not quit on the HC they quit on themselves they were embarressed. Hopefully if we have the chance of playing these guys again they will use this debacle to motivate themselves to NEVER EVER let something like it happen again

BP the team did not quit on the HC they quit on themselves they were embarressed. Hopefully if we have the chance of playing these guys again they will use this debacle to motivate themselves to NEVER EVER let something like it happen again

Well, I'm just pissed off as a fan after that performance. losing like that can have residue. lets pray to god it doesnt.

Hmmm.....

Call me crazy, but I'm more of a results oriented guy. Rex didn't have the team ready on Monday. It sucked, it was ugly. But he's had a good track record so far. If I live and die with every word spoken and react on a game to game basis I wouldn't be able to be a football fan. I'll look down on Rex if we lose to Miami and the following week because it's clear that he can't A) get a team ready with extra time B) Rally the troops and focus. We've had a nice season, a nice 2 seasons.

I work with people I dont' like. People under me who I don't like, they complain too much, they whine too much. But in the end I don't give a sh*t because they produce results.

Call me crazy, but I'm more of a results oriented guy. Rex didn't have the team ready on Monday. It sucked, it was ugly. But he's had a good track record so far. If I live and die with every word spoken and react on a game to game basis I wouldn't be able to be a football fan. I'll look down on Rex if we lose to Miami and the following week because it's clear that he can't A) get a team ready with extra time B) Rally the troops and focus. We've had a nice season, a nice 2 seasons.

I work with people I dont' like. People under me who I don't like, they complain too much, they whine too much. But in the end I don't give a sh*t because they produce results.

So in other words - it's not time to push the panic button until it's time to push the panic button.

So in other words - it's not time to push the panic button until it's time to push the panic button.

Basically. Plus, I don't really care how people go about their business as long as the job gets done. I myself try to be humble but know I'm a total sh*t talker. So whatever, If BB is a grumpy guy and gets the job done, good for him. If Rex is an epic sh*t talker and gets the job done, good for him. Results > Perception.

YOU ALL should be getting down on your hands and knees and kissing Max's ring for giving you a place to bash people like me with no repercussion.

God get over yourself dude. From my perspective you should be the one kissing Max's rings for being his real life friend. No other message board I've been to would allow the type of trolling you perform on a daily basis...but you are just doing it to drive post counts, right?

And I think Max is awesome and has created the best Jets site on the interwebz.

2008, Week 16, the Arizona Cardinals went to Foxboro and got beat down to the tune of 47-7. That team, represented the NFC in the Super Bowl.

It happens. Good leaders get their team ready to move on...just like Rex is doing now.

2008, Week 16, the Arizona Cardinals went to Foxboro and got beat down to the tune of 47-7. That team, represented the NFC in the Super Bowl.

It happens. Good leaders get their team ready to move on...just like Rex is doing now.

That isn't a very good example as the Cards had already clinched the NFCW and once they saw the snow falling they didn't give a crap about the game.

God get over yourself dude. From my perspective you should be the one kissing Max's rings for being his real life friend. No other message board I've been to would allow the type of trolling you perform on a daily basis...but you are just doing it to drive post counts, right?

And I think Max is awesome and has created the best Jets site on the interwebz.

Are you gonna keep ignoring the Jets quitting in the 3rd quarter? I am loving the attention (really, I am) but you seem to know whats on Rex's mind all the time.

That isn't a very good example as the Cards had already clinched the NFCW and once they saw the snow falling they didn't give a crap about the game.

I think its a great example considering they were also coming off a loss in Minn as well. No team wants to enter the playoffs on a 3 game skid and I'm sure they really wanted to got to NE and get their sh*t pushed in.

But whats the difference, we could give a thousand examples and none of them would be sufficient.

Are you gonna keep ignoring the Jets quitting in the 3rd quarter? I am loving the attention (really, I am) but you seem to know whats on Rex's mind all the time.

Yep, they quite on him. I actually heard they've given up on the season too despite their 9-3 record with the playoff just around the corner. Apparently nobody even wanted to practice today and instead they are petitioning to Woody Johnson to get Rex fired for his performance the other night.

I think its a great example considering they were also coming off a loss in Minn as well. No team wants to enter the playoffs on a 3 game skid and I'm sure they really wanted to got to NE and get their sh*t pushed in.

But whats the difference, we could give a thousand examples and none of them would be sufficient.

Yep, they quite on him. I actually heard they've given up on the season too despite their 9-3 record with the playoff just around the corner. Apparently nobody even wanted to practice today and instead they are petitioning to Woody Johnson to get Rex fired for his performance the other night.

Why do you even waste your time replying to me? seriously? because of IJ's pom pom pm's?

1986 is a much better example tbh

Archived