Rex compares Jets to 85 Bears at todays presser (meaning they lost on monday night and won the super bowl)

BP

It's my thread. why don't you just ignore it? oh wait..lol..you can't :lol:

Its my thread, nobody likes me, why does everyone pick on me, i'm so cool I drive up thread counts, max is my friend so I have protection, JI'ers ruined JN.

You are the High School Cheerleader of Trolls.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its my thread, nobody likes me, why does everyone pick on me, i'm so cool I drive up thread counts, max is my friend so I have protection, JI'ers ruined JN.

You are the High School Cheerleader of Trolls.

LOL! You and your friends have been doing more whining and crying defending Rex..lol..I'll bet you Rex could fist you without the Crisco and you would still have a huge smile on your face. :lol:

LOL! You and your friends have been doing more whining and crying defending Rex..lol..I'll bet you Rex could fist you without the Crisco and you would still have a huge smile on your face. :lol:

Hell yes I would. Rex is the man and I'd do anything to be in his presence. Plus, I'd thank him for not raw doggin me.

God get over yourself dude. From my perspective you should be the one kissing Max's rings for being his real life friend. No other message board I've been to would allow the type of trolling you perform on a daily basis...but you are just doing it to drive post counts, right?

And I think Max is awesome and has created the best Jets site on the interwebz.

2008, Week 16, the Arizona Cardinals went to Foxboro and got beat down to the tune of 47-7. That team, represented the NFC in the Super Bowl.

It happens. Good leaders get their team ready to move on...just like Rex is doing now.

JIF you do realise the 2008 Cardinals did not have Offensive problems. That was a game where you could say well sh*t happens. The difference is ....

1. this was a divisional game vs our hated rival

2. this game probably meant the difference between homefield throughout the playoffs or a fu*king WC berth and zero home games.

3. our offense has not scored a TD on a good defense all year long and in this game we could not even score on a defense that gives up 24 points a game .

Dont make comparisons like that JIF

JIF you do realise the 2008 Cardinals did not have Offensive problems. That was a game where you could say well sh*t happens. The difference is ....

2. this game probably meant the difference between homefield throughout the playoffs or a fu*king WC berth and zero home games.

3. our offense has not scored a TD on a good defense all year long and in this game we could not even score on a defense that gives up 24 points a game .

Yes sir!!! lol. I'll make sure I pass by any comparison I make with you first.

You are missing the point, just like everyone else is. The magnitude of the loss really is insignificant. There is Football to be played. The point Rex was trying to make is that SB's teams have been whipped before and bounced back to reach the big dance by putting the embarrassing loss behind them and focusing on the goal at hand, which is extremely far from being out of reach.

Yes sir!!! lol. I'll make sure I pass by any comparison I make with you first.

You are missing the point, just like everyone else is. The magnitude of the loss really is insignificant. There is Football to be played. The point Rex was trying to make is that SB's teams have been whipped before and bounced back to reach the big dance by putting the embarrassing loss behind them and focusing on the goal at hand, which is extremely far from being out of reach.

I fail to see what Smash and BP think the Jets would stand to gain from dwelling on a loss like that?

I fail to see what Smash and BP think the Jets would stand to gain from dwelling on a loss like that?

Who said anything about dwelling ? Learning from it because your team showed all its year long flaws all wrapped up in one nice beatdown package on Monday night is not my idea of something that should not be addressed. I see where you guys are coming from using the old tired cliche of putting it behind you but all this game did IMHO is expose us and if we dont get this sh*t fixed fast (which we have not done in 12 games up to this point) were in big trouble.

Look guys this team is weird. Its hard to tell if its the coaches or the players who are to blame. Burying the problem does not answer the problem. If this were JUST ONE GAME I would respect where your coming from and probably agree with it, BUT THIS IS NOT JUST ONE GAME GUYS. The weaknesses pointed out in this game have been observed all year long and have NOT BEEN FIXED. If Im the coach Im freaking LIVID right now, Im not burying ******* footballs Im holding people accountable like bad coaching, missed tackles, first down celebrations wile down 24-3 yeah Im pretty pissed and i have no time for antics or bullsh*t.

BUT THIS IS NOT JUST ONE GAME GUYS.

Yes it is...and you've just decided to re-write the whole season using the negativity of this one game. Nobody cares that none of our wins were 45-3 blowouts where all our units look like the best team in the league. That sh*t very rarely happens.

Unbunch your panties, take a second to look up, and realize that the sky is in the same place it was before Monday's game.

Who said anything about dwelling ? Learning from it because your team showed all its year long flaws all wrapped up in one nice beatdown package on Monday night is not my idea of something that should not be addressed. I see where you guys are coming from using the old tired cliche of putting it behind you but all this game did IMHO is expose us and if we dont get this sh*t fixed fast (which we have not done in 12 games up to this point) were in big trouble.

Look guys this team is weird. Its hard to tell if its the coaches or the players who are to blame. Burying the problem does not answer the problem. If this were JUST ONE GAME I would respect where your coming from and probably agree with it, BUT THIS IS NOT JUST ONE GAME GUYS. The weaknesses pointed out in this game have been observed all year long and have NOT BEEN FIXED. If Im the coach Im freaking LIVID right now, Im not burying ******* footballs Im holding people accountable like bad coaching, missed tackles, first down celebrations wile down 24-3 yeah Im pretty pissed and i have no time for antics or bullsh*t.

And what makes you think that it has not been addressed with the team? I mean the notion that Rex Ryan, of all people, didn't express his disappointment in the locker room after the game is absolutely moronic.

And what makes you think that it has not been addressed with the team? I mean the notion that Rex Ryan, of all people, didn't express his disappointment in the locker room after the game is absolutely moronic.

No doubt. And I guarantee those flaws or mistakes are being addressed. I highly doubt Rex is giving everyone a pass and not trying to see the error in their ways. I'm sure Rex is different behind closed doors and thats why his players love him.

Just because you dont see improvement doesnt mean he's not trying. Maybe the problems arent fixable this season, maybe the problems are so much scheme but players, maybe the problems are how teams are playing us and we need to adjust. I'm confident Rex is addressing them and I hope we see the improvement on the field. But acting like because he buried the game ball means he's not trying to improve the team is really a silly idea.

Klecko Im just trying to point out this has been a year long problem, not just one blow out. People are using other games and other teams as examples that have nothing to do with the JETS. Using the Chicago bears of 86 is whats moronic. That team destroyed everyone and one monday night they got caught with their pants down, in that case ya say eh oh well one bad game, then proceed to get back to destruction and blow everyone out all the way through the SB. Big Difference from this years Jets, as are all of the SB winners that were mentioned in their blowouts. This team has SEVERE problems on offense and a big glaring weakness in the middle of our defense and one fart in the playoffs = go the fu*k home.

I'll say it again so it sinks in, THIS IS NOT ABOUT ONE GAME. WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THESE PROBLEMS ALL YEAR AND THEY ARE NOT GETTING FIXED. Lets see what happens vs our next 3 opponents who just happen to play some defense. Lets see how we impose our will and respond to this disgusting loss.

The whole issue is that it's a YOU issue. Clearly your personality is the kind to make an error, never forget it and let it fuel you going forward. That's fine. I know in my case I make an error and learn from it, but I bury that as well. I don't dwell on my errors, because I don't want to be consumed with that. Learn and move on. I don't think it's a stretch to say that's probably what Rex was getting at rather than saying it never happened.

And you have no time for bullsh*t? Stop watching football.

No doubt. And I guarantee those flaws or mistakes are being addressed. I highly doubt Rex is giving everyone a pass and not trying to see the error in their ways. I'm sure Rex is different behind closed doors and thats why his players love him.

Just because you dont see improvement doesnt mean he's not trying. Maybe the problems arent fixable this season, maybe the problems are so much scheme but players, maybe the problems are how teams are playing us and we need to adjust. I'm confident Rex is addressing them and I hope we see the improvement on the field.

JIF I think Im responding more to what people are saying rather than the ball dig. Personally I would not have done it but thats just me I guess. But the examples people are using are not what this team is about. This thread is about a comparison to the chi bears of 86 a team that really had no weaknesses and a lot of people dont realize that team had a pretty damn good offense as well as defense.

That isn't a very good example as the Cards had already clinched the NFCW and once they saw the snow falling they didn't give a crap about the game.

Well, the Cards got destroyed by the Jets that season too and it was before they clinched the West.

The whole issue is that it's a YOU issue. Clearly your personality is the kind to make an error, never forget it and let it fuel you going forward. That's fine. I know in my case I make an error and learn from it, but I bury that as well. I don't dwell on my errors, because I don't want to be consumed with that. Learn and move on. I don't think it's a stretch to say that's probably what Rex was getting at rather than saying it never happened.

And you have no time for bullsh*t? Stop watching football.

Vic when you make an error what do you think helps you not make the error moving forward ? Thinking about the error is what helps you learn. You never put it behind you in reality.

Did you miss the contxt in which I wrote that last sentence ?

Klecko Im just trying to point out this has been a year long problem, not just one blow out. People are using other games and other teams as examples that have nothing to do with the JETS. Using the Chicago bears of 86 is whats moronic. That team destroyed everyone and one monday night they got caught with their pants down, in that case ya say eh oh well one bad game, then proceed to get back to destruction and blow everyone out all the way through the SB. Big Difference from this years Jets, as are all of the SB winners that were mentioned in their blowouts. This team has SEVERE problems on offense and a big glaring weakness in the middle of our defense and one fart in the playoffs = go the fu*k home.

I'll say it again so it sinks in, THIS IS NOT ABOUT ONE GAME. WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THESE PROBLEMS ALL YEAR AND THEY ARE NOT GETTING FIXED. Lets see what happens vs our next 3 opponents who just happen to play some defense. Lets see how we impose our will and respond to this disgusting loss.

Last year should have taught you about exactly this issue.

When you are winning, it's hard to fix things because the attitude is "it can't be that bad because we're still winning." A loss like Monday night's is a wakeup call to everyone.

We'll see this Sunday if the players and coaches got the message. If they did, the Dolphins will be crushed.

BTW, not to inflate Vicious' ego, but he has made a ton of great points in this thread.

BP, you're incredibly biased against Rex and you come of as a caricature. You're like Limbaugh talking about Obama or Olberman talking about Palin.

Somewhere beneath your drivel may exist a valid point, but the outrageous stuff you've spoutted over the last 2 yrs masks it all.

The facts also hurt you. Seriously. When a HC is 20-11 and 13-4 in his last 16 and 2-1 in the playoffs with an AFC title game appearance, it's hard to take anyone seriously who constantly spews hate against the guy.

They're never gonna get it, they're in denial. and when people in denial are told the truth they get very angry and lash out. remember, Rex went to the afc championship game as a rookie hc with a rookie qb. he will rely on that great xp down the stretch. do not worry. I have complete trust in him :cloud9:

They're never gonna get it, they're in denial. and when people in denial are told the truth they get very angry and lash out. remember, Rex went to the afc championship game as a rookie hc with a rookie qb. he will rely on that great xp down the stretch. do not worry. I have complete trust in him :cloud9:

:face:

Wow, just wow.

Vic when you make an error what do you think helps you not make the error moving forward ? Thinking about the error is what helps you learn. You never put it behind you in reality.

Did you miss the contxt in which I wrote that last sentence ?

Some people take a couple knocks on the head before it clicks. You realize how ridiculous all this is right? People are arguing about ZOMG HE SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT. Wait and see. See how we perform Sunday. If we bomb then yea, it didn't really work. If we win going away, hey, maybe it worked.

For right now, I think it's nuts to flip out over this.

Some people take a couple knocks on the head before it clicks. You realize how ridiculous all this is right? People are arguing about ZOMG HE SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT. Wait and see. See how we perform Sunday. If we bomb then yea, it didn't really work. If we win going away, hey, maybe it worked.

EXACTLY.

It's all about Sunday and the Fins.

Win the game, get to 10-3 and survey the playoff landscape.

BTW, not to inflate Vicious' ego, but he has made a ton of great points in this thread.

BP, you're incredibly biased against Rex and you come of as a caricature. You're like Limbaugh talking about Obama or Olberman talking about Palin.

Somewhere beneath your drivel may exist a valid point, but the outrageous stuff you've spoutted over the last 2 yrs masks it all.

The facts also hurt you. Seriously. When a HC is 20-11 and 13-4 in his last 16 and 2-1 in the playoffs with an AFC title game appearance, it's hard to take anyone seriously who constantly spews hate against the guy.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Instead of holding his Wednesday morning team meeting in the usual place -- the auditorium -- New York Jets coach Rex Ryan brought his team outside for some fresh air. And a not-so-subtle message.

The players didn't know where they were going. As they exited the building, Darrelle Revis wondered if it was going to be a surprise field trip. Antonio Cromartie, wearing flip-flops, was concerned about his feet getting cold. After all, it was about 30 degrees at 8:45 a.m. ET. Santonio Holmes, figuring Ryan was up to a motivational ploy, told a teammate, "Something good is going to come out of this."

They were headed to a funeral -- "a funeral for a football," Revis would say later.

Ryan gathered his players around a hole in the ground, just off a grass practice field, and placed a football into the earth -- a game ball from Monday night's embarrassing 45-3 loss to the New England Patriots.

According to some players, Ryan said, "We're burying this game and all that happened Monday night."

With that, the Jets interred the memory of their most lopsided defeat in nearly a quarter century -- or so they hope.

The hole was filled with dirt and covered with patches of sod. They skipped the tombstone. In two days, the Jets went from ripped to R.I.P.

Give Ryan points for creativity. Revis said it might have been Ryan's best motivational tactic ever. Several players said they'd never witnessed anything like it in football.

"I've never seen a coach do that," Revis said. "We all got the point. Usually, in the past, you hear a coach say, 'Let's bury this' and you have to visualize it. When you actually see it, you're like, 'Wow, this is serious.'"

Patriots coach Bill Belichick also did something similar after a loss to the Miami Dolphins in 2001.

The Jets (9-3) are at a critical point in their season. They took a four-game winning streak into New England, billing it as the game of the year, but they were overwhelmed mentally and physically by the Patriots. It was the kind of beatdown that can shatter a team's confidence.

Ryan said he's not worried about his team's psyche, yet he felt compelled to address the New England debacle as the Jets began preparations for Sunday's home game against the Dolphins (6-6).

"When he asked us to go outside, I knew the message was going to touch everybody," Holmes said. "I liked it, just the fact that he called us up and told us to come follow him. ... What he did today was something that grabbed everyone's attention."

Said Revis, "Everybody was just shocked. Nobody said anything."

That was the theme of the day -- turning the page. The players were off Tuesday, so this was their first meeting since the Monday night massacre. As a team, the Jets didn't bother to review the tape of the game, although many players watched it on their own. It didn't get any better the second or third time.

Ryan was relatively subdued in his news conference. After expressing equal parts defiance and humility Tuesday, he preferred to look ahead, not back.

"We're not going to dwell on this loss the rest of the season," he said. "We got beat. It is what it is. We're moving on."

It was the Jets' most lopsided loss since a 45-3 loss to the Dolphins in 1986, and it may have cost them a division title and a home game in the playoffs.

On Tuesday, Ryan compared his team's plight to that of the legendary 1985 Chicago Bears, who lost a late-season Monday night game and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Of course, that team finished 15-1 and is recognized as one of the greatest defensive teams in history.

Ryan received criticism for that comparison. On Wednesday, he toned it down, mentioning the 2008 Arizona Cardinals as a team that faced a similar plight. That year, the Cards suffered a 40-point loss to the Patriots in Week 16 and came within a circus catch by Holmes of beating the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl.

The Jets have been resilient under Ryan, but they've never had to recover from a loss this decisive.

"You can't let it beat you," defensive tackle Trevor Pryce said, commenting on possible residual effects. "Don't ever stare at a bully and blink. This team is not going to blink, I promise you that."

Instead of relying on words, Ryan took action, shoveling dirt on a ball and a game in the Jet Cemetery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5899769

Do you think that anybody that was on that field or in the stands will ever forget that beating? I was laying in my living at five am and I'm not going to forget it. The question is what do you do now?

IMO, the answer is not put on a dress, crawl into a hole and give up because we can never be expected to win after such a loss.

What you knuckle heads refuse to accept is that the Jets have had late season and mid season collapses the last 2 years. last year in mid season and the year before a season ending collapse. losing a game like that could spark going into a spiral. you guys say no, and BP is just stoopid..lol..but those are facts.

What you knuckle heads refuse to accept is that the Jets have had late season and mid season collapses the last 2 years. last year in mid season and the year before a season ending collapse. losing a game like that could spark going into a spiral. you guys say no, and BP is just stoopid..lol..but those are facts.

No one is saying a collapse can't happen. It happened in 2008, of course. It can happen again.

That has nothing to do with you being stoopid. You're stoopid for many different reason, the first being for your constant anti-Rex rants. You hate on him when the Jets win and you hate on him when the Jets lose.

You hate on him when he's in a press conference. And you hate on him when he's not.

You're shtick is ridiculous. That's why you're catching heat.

No one is saying a collapse can't happen. It happened in 2008, of course. It can happen again.

That has nothing to do with you being stoopid. You're stoopid for many different reason, the first being for your constant anti-Rex rants. You hate on him when the Jets win and you hate on him when the Jets lose.

You hate on him when he's in a press conference. And you hate on him when he's not.

You're shtick is ridiculous. That's why you're catching heat.

IDGAF..LOL! I am getting heat by a lil love clique. have you looked? it's the same group thats in denial calling me dumb, a tool, yadda yadda yadda. thats what happens when a group of dumbasses are in denial, they lash out when theyre told the truth.

Coulda Shoulda Woulda.

Burying that ball lets the team have some sort of closure to that nightmare without sweeping it totally under the rug. Having that ball buried right off the practice field (I hope theres a grave marker too) will serve as an easy reference tool out there for those players. All anyone has to do is glance at that spot to remember what they are supposed to be fighting for. Its buried but not forgotten, and Rex did the best possible thing with this situation in my opinion.

Beating the Dolphins solidly will heal this team a bunch, but not totally untill we take round 3 with NE.

Vic Im flipping out over the Jets and their problems/inconsistencies/weaknesses that people seem to be convienently forgetting. While I dont agree so much with what Rex did (with the comparisons and the funeral) its not flipping me out. Maybe BP but not me .

IDGAF..LOL! I am getting heat by a lil love clique. have you looked? it's the same group thats in denial calling me dumb, a tool, yadda yadda yadda. thats what happens when a group of dumbasses are in denial, they lash out when theyre told the truth.

What are "we" in denial of?

Explain it to us, Bill Parcells???

Vic Im flipping out over the Jets and their problems/inconsistencies/weaknesses that people seem to be convienently forgetting. While I dont agree so much with what Rex did (with the comparisons and the funeral) its not flipping me out. Maybe BP but not me .

Yes, I am flipping out..lol..I love Rex :cloud9:

BP in all honesty you haveing that asshat as your avatar is pretty sh*tty move by a Jets fan its almost as if your wanting us to lose the last 4 games/ Take that crap down and at least try to be positive. I see where your coming from with some of the things you say but that does not mean you still cant have hope right ??

Also, referencing the Bears/Cards/Colts/Whoever losses en route to a superbowl is merely a reference. Read more into it if you must, but Im not buying it.

Rex may be alot of things, but hes not stupid when it comes to doing his job. That, after all, is to get this team a ring.

Also, referencing the Bears/Cards/Colts/Whoever losses en route to a superbowl is merely a reference. Read more into it if you must, but Im not buying it.

Rex may be alot of things, but hes not stupid when it comes to doing his job. That, after all, is to get this team a ring.

His job is to coach on the sidelines and keep sh*t in order right ? How would you assess that this season ? I like Rex A lot but that does not mean I cant be critical of him

Archived