Sterger won't sue if NFL acts...

THE ILK

CE1FC78259263A19022B953132F6.jpg

Manager: Sterger won't sue if NFL acts

NewsCore

Updated Dec 9, 2010 5:39 PM ET

The former New York Jets sideline reporter who was allegedly propositioned for sex by Brett Favre does not plan to sue the future Hall of Fame quarterback if the NFL suspends him for his actions, TMZ reported Thursday.

"If the (NFL) commissioner suspends Favre and puts him in a program to make sure this doesn't happen again ... 100 percent ... Jenn would not pursue any litigation against Favre, against the Jets, against anybody," Sterger's manager Phil Reese told the "Dan Patrick Show."

Reese also insisted that Favre's agent tried to pay Sterger off before the story first appeared on Deadspin.com, saying, "He asked me, 'Is there a specific figure you had in mind to make this go away?'"

Reese told the Associated Press that Sterger wants the league to discipline Favre before his career ends. "It's not a money story," Reese said, adding his client's goal is some acknowledgment that Favre was in the wrong.

According to numerous reports Wednesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has received the findings from the league's investigation into Favre's alleged misconduct, which occurred when he played for the Jets in 2008.

Joseph Conway, the attorney for Sterger, said Tuesday he had received word from NFL officials that they had completed their investigation into accusations that Favre sent lewd voice messages and racy photographs to Sterger.

Sterger, 26, met with NFL security chief Milt Ahlerich and another league investigator at an undisclosed location in New York City in November.

Reese has said that Sterger handed over “substantial materials” during the November meeting.

Favre could face suspension or fines if the NFL finds that he violated the league's personal conduct policy. The 41-year-old Vikings quarterback has said multiple times that he will retire after this season.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

100810-NFL-Jenn-Sterger-Gallery6-JW-202_20101008195234_0_0.JPG

Scandal Central

Want more details about the Brett Favre-Jenn Sterger saga? We've got it all here.

Translation: The NFL has no reason or intention to suspend Favre, so I'm going to sue instead because I'm an unemployed skeezer.

She is a gold digging douche. but the Jets actually are at fault on this. that is embarrassing. a Jets rep set this all up. they reap what they sew.

yeah, I've changed my mind on this 180 degrees

if she really just wanted to do the right thing, she would have been satisfied the NFL even investigated and interviewed farve

to push for a suspension and make it clear there will be consequences if it doesn't happen is just pure BS

he's going to retire in a month, just let it go already

if she really just wanted to do the right thing, she would have been satisfied the NFL even investigated and interviewed farve

to push for a suspension and make it clear there will be consequences if it doesn't happen is just pure BS

She's probably broke. Can't blame the b**** for trying.

Normally I'd agree, but anything that ****s with Favre can't be all bad.

People have been saying that for five years. That cockroach will be holding press conferences when the sun refuses to shine and mountains crumble into the sea.

Jen Sterger will sue the NFL and Favre seeking relief in the form of another 15 minutes of fame.Otherwise she's within months of working the pole for beer-soaked singles with crack whores like Destini and would be Russian model bulimics like Oksana.

How do people with any brain matter at all blame this on her ?? And call her a gold digger when she refused money (a blank check of you will) from Favres agent ? The only idiot in this entire ordeal is Favre, not that it matters to him since hes basicly set for life.

Better question: how does Phil Reese plan to get paid?

Favre is a POS. But it doesn't make Sterger any less a skank. They deserve each other. If Sterger felt so offended when it actually happened, she would've complained or at least smacked Favre across the face or called Mrs. Favre. Suspect rich guys texting her was not a new experience.

Normally I'd agree, but anything that ****s with Favre can't be all bad.

People have been saying that for five years. That cockroach will be holding press conferences when the sun refuses to shine and mountains crumble into the sea.

usty2pr.jpg

Archived