Woody scamming his property taxes.

visajets

Pretty sad when an NFL owner cheats on his taxes.

Hes using the N.J farm-land assessment on a posh estate. Meanwhile people are struggling to pay mortgages and taxes in N.J. Read the article they should nail them all 1 by 1 and recoup the lost tax revenue.

PSLs forced many out of the stadium. And what goes around comes around.

and what *exactly* does a business transaction between you and Mr. Johnson have to do with Mr. Johnson's tax liability concerning the intrinsic value of his real property?

He wants us to pay for seats in his new stadium. Fans need to pay their fair share right? Meanwhile he skirts out of paying property taxes for a sprawling mansion. Lower my property taxes to $500 and I buy seats.

sooo..... government creates a burdensome tax with a complicated series of verbose regulation, adds to it a series of verbose loopholes to mitigate the damage done from their over-taxation, and then fail to enforce or even understand their own mosaic tax codes, and I'm supposed to jump up and down at the big ole' meanies who use the loopholes to reduce the amount of extortion they have to pay?

I. am. outraged. :rolleyes:

You like pot.

why would I start there?

Picture this... Left home and your out longer than you thought. Already blazed what you had with you. Stop for lunch ate it and start walking around and decide to go do something fun. Start thinking about how nice it would be to blaze and BOOM!!! walk by a recently open "Cheeba Junction" they got their best chronic on sale, "buy one get one free", do you get a little and pay tax on it or do you wait to get home? Im fat and have no self control and can't walk by a McDonalds without going in unless Mrs Crusher tazes me. So I'm guessing yes.

Picture this... Left home and your out longer than you thought. Already blazed what you had with you. Stop for lunch ate it and start walking around and decide to go do something fun. Start thinking about how nice it would be to blaze and BOOM!!! walk by a recently open "Cheeba Junction" they got their best chronic on sale, "buy one get one free", do you get a little and pay tax on it or do you wait to get home? Im fat and have no self control and can't walk by a McDonalds without going in unless Mrs Crusher tazes me. So I'm guessing yes.

I doubt the stuff at Cheebah Junction would be as high quality as the stuff I usually get. And since my old hippie/anti-establishment/crazy-conspiracy-nut/pot guy is not likely to start charging a tax even if they do end prohibition, I'm likely to not start paying taxes on it (at least until my old hippie friend kicks the bucket).

:)

I have 1.5 acres, 13,800 in Sussex Cty, NJ.

A ton of people do this farm stuff all the time. It's not unheard of, especially in that neck of the woods.

im just backing up our point. i live in sussex county also and the farm assesment stuff is common place.

I have 1.5 acres, 13,800 in Sussex Cty, NJ.

A ton of people do this farm stuff all the time. It's not unheard of, especially in that neck of the woods.

The rules and laws need to be rewritten on this one in N.J.. Its an obvious scam. The rich get richer and the poor pay taxes.

Oh come on how many farms are the left in N.J that put food on your table? How many legitametly farm the land? What does Woody farm?

I live in NY. and there are plenty of farms that put food on my table from my region. and I used to work in NJ, and I've seen plenty of farmland there too. on Rt80 out towards PA, you'd swear you we're in Kentucky going through parts of it.

If/when it does, I hope you enjoy the higher food prices in your state.

The shame in this is that the program was enacted to assist small farmers and their families, to help them keep their businesses afloat. And billionaires are using it to avoid paying taxes they can easily afford, on land used for everything but farming. Whether you agree or disagree with NJ tax code, this is basically depriving the state of income that could be used to keep from eliminating/laying off gov't workers, fire and police personnel, etc. I understand there is no moral code when it comes to business, but there should be legitimacy in the tax code.

The shame in this is that the program was enacted to assist small farmers and their families, to help them keep their businesses afloat. And billionaires are using it to avoid paying taxes they can easily afford, on land used for everything but farming. Whether you agree or disagree with NJ tax code, this is basically depriving the state of income that could be used to keep from eliminating/laying off gov't workers, fire and police personnel, etc. I understand there is no moral code when it comes to business, but there should be legitimacy in the tax code.

Exactly great post.

edit, my numbers were wrong, please disregard.

But for the record, these guys ought to just lease the land to nearby farmers. Then it's real, and they get revenue to cover the lower tax amount.

In order to get the credit, you have to do farm stuff on the land. The golf course I am a member of has a good portion of the property assessed as farm land. We sell the wood as firewood, etc etc.

Archived