OT: Moving Video Files

RichardSeymour

Some of you may have the expertise to help me with this and it's difficult to google this...

I have a bunch of Nip/Tuck and Shield episodes I ganked off of bittorrent before the Suprnova went down (now it's impossible to find a good BT server...)...

Unfortunately I moved some of them into other folders for organizational purposes and now they won't play in WMP.... some kind of copy protection thing or something?

Anyway, anyone know anything about this and if there's something I can do, or whether the files are basically lost?

Some of you may have the expertise to help me with this and it's difficult to google this...

I have a bunch of Nip/Tuck and Shield episodes I ganked off of bittorrent before the Suprnova went down (now it's impossible to find a good BT server...)...

Unfortunately I moved some of them into other folders for organizational purposes and now they won't play in WMP.... some kind of copy protection thing or something?

Anyway, anyone know anything about this and if there's something I can do, or whether the files are basically lost?

i don't think moving the files should affect anything, if anything it might be that, since the files are so large, in copying them over (were they on a separate drive or partition?) they got deverely fragmented? if that's the case, defragging the HD may help, otherwise, if the files got damaged while copying, they may be toast. one clue - is the modification date the date you downloaded them or the date you moved them? if it's the latter, that's probably not good...

Finding a good BT server isn't totally impossible... just have to know where to look. And being slick about it.

Any recommendations? Or should I try limewire?

I'm fairly wary about the prospect of one of the industries sending me something in the mail, so if there's nothing that isn't pretty freaking safe, I'll settle for not getting stuff...

but d***, I'd like to be able to download "The Wire", "Nip/Tuck" and a few games...

Archived