Who to root for this weekend

Bergen Jet

To win the division we need to root for the following this weekend:

Obviously the Jets over Miami

Obviously Chicago over the Pats (rather them lose to Miami or Buffalo but that isnt happening so we need to make up a game somehow).

Cleveland over Buffalo

Denver over Arizona

KC over San Diego

Monday:

Houston over Baltimore

This will bring their 7.5 game strength of victory down to 5 plus allow us to take a 1 game lead if the Pats lose their other non-division game and we win out. Unless the Pats lose to either Miami or Buffalo we need some serious help. 7.5 games in strength if victory is tough to make up but the scenario above puts a huge dent in it and honestly I see it as a good possibility to.

Obviously Chicago over the Pats (rather them lose to Miami or Buffalo but that isnt happening so we need to make up a game somehow).

Cleveland over Buffalo

Denver over Arizona

KC over San Diego

Monday:

Houston over Baltimore

This will bring their 7.5 game strength of victory down to 5 plus allow us to take a 1 game lead if the Pats lose their other non-division game and we win out. Unless the Pats lose to either Miami or Buffalo we need some serious help. 7.5 games in strength if victory is tough to make up but the scenario above puts a huge dent in it and honestly I see it as a good possibility to.

Thanks for this info...Cassell being out in KC really hurts..

Cleveland over Buffalo

Denver over Arizona

KC over San Diego

Monday:

Houston over Baltimore

thanks for the info. I was too lazy to figure out what the tie-breaker scenario was. :P

thanks for the info. I was too lazy to figure out what the tie-breaker scenario was. :P

It changes so quickly too. I will put another one up after the Monday game is done. We will know where we stand and what clearly needs to happen going into week 16. Regardless we just need to win each week.

It does hurt... But we just need to take care of business for the next 4 games and hope for the best.

Exactly why I don't care what happens elsewhere.

I'm too concerned with the 9-3 team who's season may be built on a house of cards as it hasn't won a game convincingly since week 4 and just got it's a$$ kicked to the tune of 45-3.

This is one of those 'must win' games that isn't truly a 'must win', but if they don't, it could spell disaster.

I chose to one-up your laziness and just root for the Jets to win the next 4 weeks and then I'll look at the standings and mope and/or celebrate accordingly.

Its a tall enough task to root for the Jets NOT to go all "Same Old" on us... I don't even want to contemplate the emo rollercoaster of rooting for all these other crap teams to help position us for a "backing in" scenario.

Exactly why I don't care what happens elsewhere.

I'm too concerned with the 9-3 team who's season may be built on a house of cards as it hasn't won a game convincingly since week 4 and just got it's a$$ kicked to the tune of 45-3.

This is one of those 'must win' games that isn't truly a 'must win', but if they don't, it could spell disaster.

This.

I have many Patriots fans I am friends with up here. I have told them all week, Monday doesn't mean anything but for being one loss, until I see what the Jets do this week. This week's game will go much further in discerning whether the 9 wins are the anomaly, or the 45-3 loss is.

This.

I have many Patriots fans I am friends with up here. I have told them all week, Monday doesn't mean anything but for being one loss, until I see what the Jets do this week. This week's game will go much further in discerning whether the 9 wins are the anomaly, or the 45-3 loss is.

Exactly. A bad showing today, and there's no way you can have faith in this team going into the playoffs. Which, I think they will still make regardless of the outcome of this game.

Exactly. A bad showing today, and there's no way you can have faith in this team going into the playoffs. Which, I think they will still make regardless of the outcome of this game.

exactly

a 4-6 team would never get to the AFC champ game

exactly

a 4-6 team would never get to the AFC champ game

HA! Well it is after all about staying in contention and getting on a roll at the right time. NYJ have certainly stayed in contention this year whether it be by smoke and mirrors or luck. Now if they can step on the gas and get this thing in gear down the stretch they can make a big move and get to The Show.

Sweet intentional missing of the point, dude!

not

you are bracing for the collapse and more or less saying how they play today will be an indicator of how they will play the rest of the season

I'm saying you never know from one week to the next, and keep your panties on

HA! Well it is after all about staying in contention and getting on a roll at the right time. NYJ have certainly stayed in contention this year whether it be by smoke and mirrors or luck. Now if they can step on the gas and get this thing in gear down the stretch they can make a big move and get to The Show.

I'm hoping for a nice showing, but just saying that I can already sense a vibe around here that folks are preparing for a SOJ collapse

we even had an off season thread on game day !

I'm so old , all I care about is a win, 6-3 or 31-30

not

you are bracing for the collapse and more or less saying how they play today will be an indicator of how they will play the rest of the season

I'm saying you never know from one week to the next, and keep your panties on

So, after not winning a game convincingly since week 4, against all non-playoff teams, then getting absolutely dismantled by playoff teams, you don't think this week is important?

Sounds like not a lot of thought going into your evaluation of the team, but hey, at least you're still wearing your panties, so good for you!

So, after not winning a game convincingly since week 4, against all non-playoff teams, then getting absolutely dismantled by playoff teams, you don't think this week is important?

Sounds like not a lot of thought going into your evaluation of the team, but hey, at least you're still wearing your panties, so good for you!

all I'm saying is forget the style points and keep the faith

all I'm saying is forget the style points and keep the faith

That argument went out the window Monday night. EY is correct. We have been extremely lucky and most did not care to admit it. Would love to see us gel like we did the last few weeks of last season but there are valid points that this is the luckiest 9-3 team in years.

Nice break down Bergen.

I'm hoping for a nice showing, but just saying that I can already sense a vibe around here that folks are preparing for a SOJ collapse

we even had an off season thread on game day !

I'm so old , all I care about is a win, 6-3 or 31-30

I agree.

BTW If you are old I am ancient.

That argument went out the window Monday night. EY is correct. We have been extremely lucky and most did not care to admit it. Would love to see us gel like we did the last few weeks of last season but there are valid points that this is the luckiest 9-3 team in years.

Nice break down Bergen.

Uh huh.

Teams that win games against bad to average teams in heart wrenching fashion tend to lose games against better teams.

Sign me up to win every game in the last :30, but it just doesn't work like that.

Nice break down Bergen.

did the giants over whelm the experts in the SB win year in 08 ?

nope

forget the style points and keep the faith

Uh huh.

Teams that win games against bad to average teams in heart wrenching fashion tend to lose games against better teams.

Sign me up to win every game in the last :30, but it just doesn't work like that.

previous jets teams lost those games, and would be 6-6 today

I'll take a lucky 9-3 even if you and francesa are not impressed

No impact in the divisional race so I did not include it.

If the Chargers and Jags lose we clinch a wildcard spot with a win I believe. Considering we have like a 97% chance of making the playoffs I don't care either way about that game.

got it

for the record, I don't want the raiders to sneak in as a WC. cable is coaching his a$$ off

previous jets teams lost those games, and would be 6-6 today

I'll take a lucky 9-3 even if you and francesa are not impressed

No one's complaining about the record. But, performance actually matters for 'next week'. Last monday was proof of that.

There's really nothing more to say.

I'm rooting for the Jets twice today, because every week I root for the Jets and whoever's playing the fish.

I also root for whoever's playing the Pats, so I'll root for Chicago, too.

I root for the Raiders every week, because the more wins they get, the lower the draft pick they give to the Pats next year. Plus, I kinda like the Raiders - but I like punk rock, too.

Jets need to do well today for me to even have interest in the NFL next week, so I'm not too worried about playoff seeding just yet. Lots of football to play.

Archived