The Official JN Sal Alosi Discussion Thread

BP

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about this on SportCenter. What happened? Does anyone have a youtube clip? Was it penalized?

I know the rules say that if a player clearly is going to score, but extreme unsportsmanlike conduct occurs (they actually use the example of someone leaving the sideline to tackle the player), the refs are allowed to award a TD.

I heard about this on SportCenter. What happened? Does anyone have a youtube clip? Was it penalized?

I know the rules say that if a player clearly is going to score, but extreme unsportsmanlike conduct occurs (they actually use the example of someone leaving the sideline to tackle the player), the refs are allowed to award a TD.

The Dolphins were punting, he was running down to cover the punt on the outside and got shoved out of bounds. when he started running towards the play good ole Sal stuck his knee out and tripped him.

The Dolphins player was running along the sidelines out of bounds and Sal bent his knee out to clip the gunner. It wasn't egregious, to the point where he dove or ran to do it, nor was he in the field of play, but he clearly was bending his knee out. The gunner fell down and was out of the play.

All joking aside, I don't think he should get fired. Fined, yes. But fired no.

As Ray Lucas said in the postgame, the Steeler sidelines stomped him out of bounds in the AFC Champ game when he was with the Pats.

Archived