The Official JN Sal Alosi Discussion Thread

BP

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The media. The "wall" was obviously set up for a reason but Sal was 100% responsible for sticking out his knee. What a dumbass.

The media is only giving this much attention because of Rex Ryan's brashness and mouth. Rex has been trying to change the mentality since day one. He wants to end the SOJ mentality, so he's been going right in the face of everybody and trying to keep the NY Jets a national headline in a good way. Problem is when you play that game, EVERYTHING becomes a national story no matter if it's good or bad. I've said it before and will say it again, if this happened between CIN and CLE nobody would be talking about it. Same as the Braylon Edwards incident. There's been alot of other DUI/suspensions for drugs and PED's and none of it got the coverage that Edwards got. I love Rex and I like his strategy and personality, but we can't have it both ways. Rex needs to get his guys whipped in shape and let them know if they want to constantly be in the spotlight then they have to always be on their best behavior. Always.

Fair enough, personally I thought it was a good idea that was ruined by an idiot.

Right, I understand that. I've seen many people make comments like "if he hadn't trip him, then nobody would be talking about it."

My point is, he did trip him.

It was a dirtbag move, by Alosi, influenced (in my opinion) by the "roughneck" attitude within the team right now.

This is a 3 part poll. Who's responsible for sticking his knee out? Sal Alosi. Who's responsible for lining the guys up where they were? Likely Westhoff, maybe even Rex. Who's responsible for this being a scandal? Rex Ryan and his mouth.

+1

Rex, indirectly, because he fosters an atmosphere of pirate-like entitlement. I'd imagine that Westhoff--who loves showing off how versed he is in the rulebook--sent Alosi to teach Caroll a lesson, which Alosi took a step top far by actually making contact.

the NFL is so ******* boring

new rule

teams can defend their own sidelines from pussy gunners who run out of bounds WWE style from now on

if you dare go in there, you might get jimmy "superfly" snooka'd from the top rope

**** the dolphins

+1

Rex, indirectly, because he fosters an atmosphere of pirate-like entitlement. I'd imagine that Westhoff--who loves showing off how versed he is in the rulebook--sent Alosi to teach Caroll a lesson, which Alosi took a step top far by actually making contact.

Agreed.

The silver lining? The similarities between the Jets (slapdick pirates) and Pats (a$$ pirates) become more evident every day... AAARRGGGHHHHH!!!!

I don't think you can read, but you're a patriots fan, so maybe I expect it.

I didn't see where he said it was the Pats fault.

He said multiple teams build a wall INCLUDING the Pats.

I wouldn't be shocked if all 32 did, and I could not care less. THEY ARE OUTSIDE THE FIELD OF FRIGGEN PLAY BY OVER 2 1/2 FEET. The gunner needs to stay on the field.

Go ahead Tom, laugh. I just hope you're sorry for all those wasted dollars going to charity when they could be going to food for me. Damn you and your pyramid tattoo scheme.

You can't blame me. Usually offering up my personal pain and humiliation is a sure guarantee that whatever it is that will bring about my suffering actually happens, and with extreme prejudice. The Jets will win the Super Bowl by triple digits.

If you read between the lines this is actually a dumb thing to say. A day or so after he claims it was all on Alosi and he had no knowledge of this, he says everyone does it. So everyone does it, and you coach this team, but you were unaware that it what was being done. Yeah okay. This is why this team loses, the coaches are either all liars or just incompetent and pay zero attention to anything and don't know what is going on with their own team. Also they seem kind of stupid.

Archived