The Official JN Sal Alosi Discussion Thread

BP

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted No.

It seems that Rex had those guys lined up, the punt gunner was running through the Jets bench all day. I don't think he told Sal to knee him (got a little over-zealous) but it must be asked why was this player running in a straight line 2 yards out of bounds? he was so hurt he laid there for 5 mins and was back in the game 2 plays later?

sal never moved his feet or even was out of the designated Jets bench area. it was a flex of the knee.

end of the day it deserves a fine not a fire... you can't run through the other team's bench all game and expect it will be all good. the only reason this is such a big issues is cause people love to hate these Jets.

I voted No.

It seems that Rex had those guys lined up, the punt gunner was running through the Jets bench all day. I don't think he told Sal to knee him (got a little over-zealous) but it must be asked why was this player running in a straight line 2 yards out of bounds? he was so hurt he laid there for 5 mins and was back in the game 2 plays later?

sal never moved his feet or even was out of the designated Jets bench area. it was a flex of the knee.

end of the day it deserves a fine not a fire... you can't run through the other team's bench all game and expect it will be all good. the only reason this is such a big issues is cause people love to hate these Jets.

+1 He was lined up on the very edge of the "acceptal territory" for people to stand and just decided to make himself bigger in order to provide a deterent. It was an error in judgment, deserving of a fine but not his job.

Yes, and I'm quite surprised that he has not been fired as of yet.

Allowing him to keep his position not only reflects poorly on the organization around the league (as if that was in short supply), but it does neglects the actual offense.

This person was paid perform a certain set of services to the Jets, which I'm pretty sure didn't include something like "protecting the territory of the sideline". Although almost all of us do things in our job which isn't in our job descriptions, one thing you can't do is physically effect the game. We want to see players hit eachother, not some dude on the sideline.

If he did this intentionally, it makes it even worse - like:

+1 He was lined up on the very edge of the "acceptal territory" for people to stand and just decided to make himself bigger in order to provide a deterent. It was an error in judgment, deserving of a fine but not his job.

He intentionally disrupted the game and struck a player in the process. I'm sure there is no shortage of individuals that can step in and perform Sal's duties without kneeing other players, and the Jets can save face.

Let's not be too subjective, what if this happened to a Jets player :unsure:

I don't think rex can fire the guy.. to me he was put there by rex or westhoff and stupidly following through on the "take out one of us, we'll take out two of you mentality".. which some of you were begging for 6 days ago.. lol

firing him makes him a scapegoat.. it seems like they're taking the passive approach and letting the league deal with him

Not fired, no disciplinary action yet. NFL will handle the punishment. The Jets should have fired him and been done with this.

John Mara would have burned Alosi at the stake already, with Pat Hanlon fanning the flames. This is why the Giants are a first-class team and the Jets are the Jets. What a disgrace

I voted No.

Wow. What a disaster of an excuse. In fact that excuse makes it EVEN worse. It was a disgrace caught on national tv. Wow, I can't believe I have to be a fan of this team right now. I can't believe this guy wasn't fired yet. And I can't believe some of the defenders here.

I voted No.

Ah, yes. The Chewbacca Defense.

Whether he was told to or not, for Alosi to rationalize and decide to make such a stupid, dirty move... it is surely a symptom of a lack of discipline and values in Rex's locker room. Absolutely he needs to be fired... otherwise the message is sent that being a ******* dirtbag is "playing like a Jet."

Rex needs to do some soul searching and decide what type of head coach he wants to be. Right now, his "cool Dad" handling of this team is backfiring on him. Discipline. Details. Preparation. Football. These are the things that need to be prioritized... not boasting, back patting, empty promises and excuses.

I read somewhere today that Rex indeed told his staff to get closer to the line because the phags were running out of bounds all day. They actually got called for it ONCE. So they continued to cheat and Rex had enough. I highly doubt that he told Alosi to trip the guy, that had to be his own decision, and no he shouldn't be fired. He should be suspended, fined and prohibited from the sideline forever, but firing him serves no purpose.

Sal Alosi yet to receive punishment for tripping Dolphins player

Conor Orr of the Newark Star Ledger reports Sal Alosi, the Jets strength and conditioning coach who was caught Sunday tripping Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll, spoke to the media for the first time since the incident.

He said he did not offer to resign, and has not heard about any specific disciplinary action from the Jets or the NFL, though he has spoken with Rex Ryan and owner Woody Johnson.

He talked about how the incident was a lapse in judgment. Something he would take back if given the opportunity.

"I wasn't thinking," Alosi, 33, said. "If I could go back, do it again, I sure as heck would take a step back, it's just a situation where I just wasn't thinking."

When asked to explain what was going through his mind, Alosi, who has been employed by the Jets since 2006, could not come up with an answer.

"You're asking me to give you a logical explanation for an illogical act," he said.

I read somewhere today that Rex indeed told his staff to get closer to the line because the phags were running out of bounds all day. They actually got called for it ONCE. So they continued to cheat and Rex had enough. I highly doubt that he told Alosi to trip the guy, that had to be his own decision, and no he shouldn't be fired. He should be suspended, fined and prohibited from the sideline forever, but firing him serves no purpose.

fwiw.. rex denied that 100% in press conference.. actually said he tells the coaches the reverse, to move away so they don't get run over when he seees the double press on thier side of field..

think he was lying though..

John Mara would have burned Alosi at the stake already, with Pat Hanlon fanning the flames. This is why the Giants are a first-class team and the Jets are the Jets. What a disgrace

Hold on. You cant say what the Giants would have done. I remember a snow ball game in the NFL and the Giants did nothing to those fans.

Btw, where's that douchebag Woody Johnson on this? The guy can't get his face on TV enough when he's trying to get his hands on your wallet, but now the team dips a little and one of his employees just disgraced his franchise for everyone to see and Woody goes into hiding? Says a lot about the leadership of this franchise. Somebody has to get out in front and take the reigns on this. It's embarrassing that the only statement from the Jets hierarchy was having Rex come out and say how proud he is of Alosi for "taking responsibility" for what he did (the f^cking guy was on every ESPN/NFLNet/YouTube highlight package immediately; like he could deny it?)

In sum, FU Woody.

wow I'm sorry to hear he's not fired today. Speaks volumes to me that the jets are not being proactive regarding a scumbag move like that. The whole organization just went down a notch in my book.

the league should not have to step in here. Jets had a chance to save face & they passed. No wonder we're hated by so many

Hold on. You cant say what the Giants would have done. I remember a snow ball game in the NFL and the Giants did nothing to those fans.

That fan ended up on the back page of the NYPost with a picture provided by Giants security. He lost his job because of it.

That fan ended up on the back page of the NYPost with a picture provided by Giants security. He lost his job because of it.

they all lost their season tickets over the snow balls against San Diego. who said the Giants did nothing?

wow I'm sorry to hear he's not fired today. Speaks volumes to me that the jets are not being proactive regarding a scumbag move like that. The whole organization just went down a notch in my book.

the league should not have to step in here. Jets had a chance to save face & they passed. No wonder we're hated by so many

+1. I am so ******* frustrated I picked the Jets as a kid. I mean, how many freaking kids get the chance to have a choice. Yet here in NY they do. I was so convinced that eventually they would be better than the Giants. That I could be proud to be a Jet fan sooner or later. They have now somehow made it possible for a 9-4 team to be a disgrace of an organization. ****K YOU WOODY.

Fox pre-game just announced the punishment has been handed down:

Alosi is suspended, without pay, for the remainder of the season (including the postseason).

I think that's a pretty legit response to all of this. I'm sure there will be people who think this still isn't enough since he has a job, and other's who think it is too much. More often than not, that usually means the reaction was about just right.

Alosi is suspended, without pay, for the remainder of the season (including the postseason).

I think that's a pretty legit response to all of this. I'm sure there will be people who think this still isn't enough since he has a job, and other's who think it is too much. More often than not, that usually means the reaction was about just right.

I can live with that

Tom Shane is at his best when the Jets are at their worst. Actually being serious, Tom good posts.

This guy should have been fired. Players are going to be mad that they lost their trainer, I get that. You want to be loyal, I get that. But you know what? The Jets are now classless and could be targeted in retaliation. Bad, bad, bad on both counts.

For a team that boasts being so tough, the brass just showed a severe lack of balls.

People are saying it was just one mistake. That is how it works, when you screw up there is a price to pay.

Not enough imo.

I think that's a pretty legit response to all of this.

Yeesh. Fined him $25k too. No clue what the dude makes but no pay along with the fine probably equals to around $40-50k, not to mention having to live with this for the rest of his life. Amazing what a lapse in judgment for .01 seconds can do to someone's life.

I also don't see why people are so upset about the time frame. The Jets acted on the incident within 24 hours, I don't think that's unreasonable.

Agreed, and based on what they were saying in the Fox pre-game, this was a joint decision agreed to and handed down by both the Jets and the NFL. So when you consider there were two groups looking into this situation independently and then working together on a resolution and had it announced a day later, there wasn't exactly a whole lot of loafing around going on.

Archived