The Official JN Sal Alosi Discussion Thread

BP

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Alosi is definitely falling on the sword for a dirtbag move by this coaching staff.

Even if Rex himself instructed the wall, what's dirtbag about it? The only thing that could be "dirtbag" is if Rex instructed Alosi to actually trip the player.

Gunners have no right to run outside of the white lines, so any type of wall, or obstruction, is perfectly justified and actually a great idea. Get mad at the NFL for not having a rule that requires you to stand 5 feet back from the lines if you want, but to get mad at the coaching staff? Ridiculous.

Even if Rex himself instructed the wall, what's dirtbag about it? The only thing that could be "dirtbag" is if Rex instructed Alosi to actually trip the player.

Gunners have no right to run outside of the white lines, so any type of wall, or obstruction, is perfectly justified and actually a great idea. Get mad at the NFL for not having a rule that requires you to stand 5 feet back from the lines if you want, but to get mad at the coaching staff? Ridiculous.

I disagree. Dirty play is the result of a dirtbag mentality.

What happened Sunday was a dirty play. It shows a minimal respect for the integrity of the game. I expect more from any team I root for. You don't have to agree with me, but I'm not letting my bias towards the Jets influence me to try to spin this as anyone's fault but their own.

Furthermore, the NFL should be charged with the task of policing itself. IF the Dolphins players were running out of bounds regularly and the Jets had a problem with it, they should have sent a video to the league offices after the game. That is non-meathead way to handle the situation. If the Jets felt the Dolphins got some sort of advantage in the game for doing this, they were wrong. The Dolphins had an advantage because the Jets offense sucks. Gunners has nothing to do with the outcome of the game... only the embarrassment of the Jets franchise in the aftermath of hte game.

nfl-bench-area.png

jets-sideline-wall.jpg

Every coach should know NFL rules, no?

I disagree. Dirty play is the result of a dirtbag mentality.

What happened Sunday was a dirty play. It shows a minimal respect for the integrity of the game. I expect more from any team I root for. You don't have to agree with me, but I'm not letting my bias towards the Jets influence me to try to spin this as anyone's fault but their own.

Stuff like this literally happens every game. It's a non-issue. Special teams players getting knocked around on opposing sidelines?!? As Steve Tasker said, "so what."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/23206/steve-tasker-on-sal-alosi-knee-so-what

Show me the passage in the rule book that forbids players/coaching from standing there, not a diagram you found on the internet. If there is such a rule, then a retract my statement.

Um those arent situational players standing there. thats why the Jets asked all those guys yesterday ''who told you to stand there'' are you following the whole story?

Um those arent situational players standing there. thats why the Jets asked all those guys yesterday ''who told you to stand there'' are you following the whole story?

My point is that standing there on its own is not against any rule, regardless of whether it was planned or not. Intentional tripping is obviously unsportsmanlike conduct, but if the NFL hasn't outlawed standing there, then it's a good idea.

Here's the rulebook, I don't see anything forbidding this activity of standing near the sideline.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/digestofrules

"Sally, youze take da pinch fa dis, you'll nevah pay for a Q-Tip again ya whole life."

If Sal was responsible for getting Rex in tip top condition he should have been fired back in July. and we could have avoided this whole mess.

My point is that standing there on its own is not against any rule, regardless of whether it was planned or not. Intentional tripping is obviously unsportsmanlike conduct, but if the NFL hasn't outlawed standing there, then it's a good idea.

Here's the rulebook, I don't see anything forbidding this activity of standing near the sideline.

Field

1. Sidelines and end lines are out of bounds. The goal line is actually in the end zone. A player with the ball in his possession scores a touchdown when the ball is on, above, or over the goal line.

2. The field is rimmed by a white border, six feet wide, along the sidelines. All of this is out of bounds.

3. The hashmarks (inbound lines) are 70 feet, 9 inches from each sideline.

4. Goal posts must be single-standard type, offset from the end line and painted bright gold. The goal posts must be 18 feet, 6 inches wide and the top face of the crossbar must be 10 feet above the ground. Vertical posts extend at least 30 feet above the crossbar. A ribbon 4 inches by 42 inches long is to be attached to the top of each post. The actual goal is the plane extending indefinitely above the crossbar and between the outer edges of the posts.

5. The field is 360 feet long and 160 feet wide. The end zones are 30 feet deep. The line used in try-for-point plays is two yards out from the goal line.

6. Chain crew members and ball boys must be uniformly identifiable.

7. All clubs must use standardized sideline markers. Pylons must be used for goal line and end line markings.

8. End zone markings and club identification at 50 yard line must be approved by the Commissioner to avoid any confusion as to delineation of goal lines, sidelines, and end lines.

Well, I'm sure it doesnt have the press area in there either. that all has to do with on the field rules.

Understood..but point is. it was orchstrated and its why the fire is getting started and everyone wants to know by WHO.

It now has some intrigue to it and the MEDIA will absolutly not let it die now.

If he didn't trip anyone (this part was wrong), no one would have even known.

You are looking at the digest of rules. Its a summary, not the complete rule book.

That's my point, I've yet to see any official rule that forbids standing near the sideline. Whether there should be one is a different argument, but so far, I don't think one exists.

I'm not debating the semantics of the rules.

My angst is directed toward the dirtbag mentality that precipitated them standing there and influenced Alosi to think for .2 seconds that tripping Carroll was a good idea. It was ******* stupid. Lying about it as sloppily as they have after the fact is equally as stupid.

Frankly, I'm just tired of this team embarrassing us. On the field. At the draft. In the papers. Never ends.

I'm not debating the semantics of the rules.

My angst is directed toward the dirtbag mentality that precipitated them standing there and influenced Alosi to think for .2 seconds that tripping Carroll was a good idea. It was ******* stupid. Lying about it as sloppily as they have after the fact is equally as stupid.

Frankly, I'm just tired of this team embarrassing us. On the field. At the draft. In the papers. Never ends.

Fair enough, personally I thought it was a good idea that was ruined by an idiot.

If the Jets would have fired him immediately they would have looked better. and had Alosi said something they could have just said he was bitter because he got fired. now? it's a big mess that will not go away.

This is a 3 part poll. Who's responsible for sticking his knee out? Sal Alosi. Who's responsible for lining the guys up where they were? Likely Westhoff, maybe even Rex. Who's responsible for this being a scandal? Rex Ryan and his mouth.

The media. The "wall" was obviously set up for a reason but Sal was 100% responsible for sticking out his knee. What a dumbass.

If you managed a WalMart and you hired a door security guard to deter theft, there's nothing wrong with that. But if that door guard punches a kid in the face for trying to steal an El DeBarge CD, then you're both screwed.

I wasn't speaking as to the tripping. Only the lining up.

A firing squad without guns are Rockettes.

Archived