Route Running

MikeJetsWord

Now I know Shotty has a million problems with his coaching style, the obvious: running on 20/24 first downs, bradcat at the worst times (4th&2 you ******* serious?) worthless motions, passing behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd downs.. etc..

But the thing that kills this team more than anything, is the lack of a route design. Someone needs to remind his dumbass that running to the marker and turning around is not a ******* route. First off, its a damn near impossible throw for Mark-- because its so easy for the defense to jump it. If I can sit there and predict what is going on, what do you expect from a CB who watches hours of film a week. As soon as the WR turns around, it seems like the CB is always right there to make a play. Any type of route would be nice. Not a 2 yard drag across the field, not a ******* slapdick curl route. I want to see flag routes, post routes, 9 routes, 7's, digs, even slants.. anything. Oh.. and no more ******* screens or underneath routes on 3rd down.. Pathetic. I think it was a MNF game (Dolphins or Vikings maybe?) but I vaguely remember someone from that commentating crew (Gruden?) calling Shotty out for this.

Granted, route runnning is not out only problem-- our WRs drop far too many passes, and for whatever reason, none of them are ever actually open. I refuse to believe that Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes can't get away from ******* Sean Smith and Vontae Davis.

Sanchez was off on a lot of throws but these route trees certainly dont help his cause.

I want this clown fired yesterday. Grow some balls Rex and make it happen.

What gets me is the patterns right over the middle. Sanchez and the receivers just never to be on the same page. The receiver stops he throws as if they would keep running.

They keep running and he assumes they are stopping.

I don't know the answer but is the offense too complicated? They are just not on the same page.

What gets me is the patterns right over the middle. Sanchez and the receivers just never to be on the same page. The receiver stops he throws as if they would keep running.

I don't know the answer but is the offense too complicated? They are just not on the same page.

It's option routes, the QB and the reciever need to make the same read. Fairly typical in modern nfl... On the one glaring play, keller read the defense wrong...

It's option routes, the QB and the reciever need to make the same read. Fairly typical in modern nfl... On the one glaring play, keller read the defense wrong...

But consistently a pass that should be an easy completion is going incomplete.

But consistently a pass that should be an easy completion is going incomplete.

Sanchez's accuracy has been terrible since the weather took a turn for the worse.. he's supposed to throw guys open and he almost never does

seriously guys, a lot of this is weather. Freaken jif was whining the other day about 40 degree weather in Jax, Sanchex grew up in a beautiful climate and is being asked to go out and compete at a world class level in weather much worse then what that wimp jif was crying about having to walk from his condo to his car in..

He'll get used to it and get better

Sanchez's accuracy has been terrible since the weather took a turn for the worse.. he's supposed to throw guys open and he almost never does

seriously guys, a lot of this is weather. Freaken jif was whining the other day about 40 degree weather in Jax, Sanchex grew up in a beautiful climate and is being asked to go out and compete at a world class level in weather much worse then what that wimp jif was crying about having to walk from his condo to his car in..

He'll get used to it and get better

I agree the accuracy is terrible. Beyond terrible. And I think he will get better.

But it is more than weather. I think it is his metrosexualness. How many metrosexual QBs other than Brady have had good careers? Think about it.

I wish Sanchez was good at that...that stuff's as key to a passing game as the deep ball...which he's not terrible at.

I agree the accuracy is terrible. Beyond terrible. And I think he will get better.

But it is more than weather. I think it is his metrosexualness. How many metrosexual QBs other than Brady have had good careers? Think about it.

Broadway Joe!

I psoted this last week:

sancheztemp.png

Archived