Sign in to follow this  
Blackout

Who do the Yankees need to pursue for pitching?

Nonsense. Burnett's problems were in his head, not his arm. He has the whole offseason to figure it out. I'm saying right now that he bounces back. We'll have three solid guys, plus whatever Joba brings to the table (remains to be seen, I admit). If Joba's any good, we're in fine shape. Number five is not so important and we have plenty of candidates.

Damn, I miss baseball.

Nonsense. Burnett's problems were in his head, not his arm. He has the whole offseason to figure it out. I'm saying right now that he bounces back. We'll have three solid guys, plus whatever Joba brings to the table (remains to be seen, I admit). If Joba's any good, we're in fine shape. Number five is not so important and we have plenty of candidates.

Damn, I miss baseball.

Hughes was good for two months and then was very average if not below average. AJ Burnett is 34 years old and has not had a year where his ERA was under 3.5 since 2005 but he's just going to bounce back? Even if he reverts to form he is basically a #3 guy. Joba is a crapshoot as a starter. #5 is important if that guy is getting 25-35 starts.

I really think the Yankees are going to have to trade for a top of the rotation kind of guy to have a serious chance to make a run this season.

That was a really good article but nothing more than speculation.

That trial is going to be brutal though, just brutal.

How many reasons are there to hate Roger Clemens?

The man just does not have any redeeming values, seemingly.

I actually feel bad for Pettitte, which is hard for me to do.

Damn, I miss baseball.

I thought Nova looked good and Burnett can easily bounce back and win 15-18 games. He could also remain a head case but with just a 4 ERA on the Yanks he would be fine.

I really think the Yankees are going to have to trade for a top of the rotation kind of guy to have a serious chance to make a run this season.

That's because you perpetually overrate the Boston Red Sox.

That's because you perpetually overrate the Boston Red Sox.

I didn't even say anything about the Red Sox. I was commenting on the Yankees. Do you honestly believe the Yankees rotation can make them contenders for a World Series against the like of the Sox, Phillies and others?

I didn't even say anything about the Red Sox. I was commenting on the Yankees. Do you honestly believe the Yankees rotation can make them contenders for a World Series against the like of the Sox, Phillies and others?

No, but if the offense shows up this year...especially Tex and ARod....hell even Posada OPS'd .811 last year starting 83 games at C...he probably won't see half that this season.

They need to trade for somebody who they KNOW will give them 200 innings of at least SOLID pitching, bottom line....

Mark Buehrle or somebody similar. Not a chance they win with the current rotations 4-5.

They need to trade for somebody who they KNOW will give them 200 innings of at least SOLID pitching, bottom line....

Mark Buehrle or somebody similar. Not a chance they win with the current rotations 4-5.

This is all you need to know about the Yankees rotation: They were so desperate for a starter they either made an offer or seriously considered making an offer to Pavano. Carl Pavano. Yeah.

This is all you need to know about the Yankees rotation: They were so desperate for a starter they either made an offer or seriously considered making an offer to Pavano. Carl Pavano. Yeah.

Big deal. Who were the Yankees starters in 2009? Sabathia, Burnett, Pettitte and Chaimberlain. They had a pretty good result that year if I recall correctly.

Big deal. Who were the Yankees starters in 2009? Sabathia, Burnett, Pettitte and Chaimberlain. They had a pretty good result that year if I recall correctly.

What does the Yankees rotation 2 years ago have anything to do with now? The Yankees rotation after CC is a huge question mark.

What does the Yankees rotation 2 years ago have anything to do with now? The Yankees rotation after CC is a huge question mark.

Ancient history? They won in 09. They had more question marks in the rotation then. Especially after Wang went down. If you're worried about the Yanks, I'm not. They can live with that they've got.

Ancient history? They won in 09. They had more question marks in the rotation then. Especially after Wang went down. If you're worried about the Yanks, I'm not. They can live with that they've got.

I hear your point, but prepare for injury to a starter is always a good plan. What happens if Hughes or Sabathia go down? Forget about it.

Yankees need another starter...GOOD starter.

I hear your point, but prepare for injury to a starter is always a good plan. What happens if Hughes or Sabathia go down? Forget about it.

And like you said, Buerhle is probably the most realistic one...I'd prefer to not deal with Williams and those garbage South Siders...I hope Carlos Zambrano starts sounding appetizing or enticing or w/e the word should be.

I think worrying about Burnett rounding back up to NOT SUCKING is more of a concern than injury. My point isn't that we are going to win the world series with these guys, my point is that they can easily start the season with what they have or another bak end guy and pick somebody up if necessary. It's always better to get another starter, but Carl is acting like they can't win with a rotation that will be the same as the one that won the series in '09 and probably a stronger pen.

I think worrying about Burnett rounding back up to NOT SUCKING is more of a concern than injury. My point isn't that we are going to win the world series with these guys, my point is that they can easily start the season with what they have or another bak end guy and pick somebody up if necessary. It's always better to get another starter, but Carl is acting like they can't win with a rotation that will be the same as the one that won the series in '09 and probably a stronger pen.

The rotation in 09 was better than the only currently constructed. The one they have now is going to be bad more than good. They only have one reliable starter.

Who gives a F what Carl says.

The rotation in 09 was better than the only currently constructed. The one they have now is going to be bad more than good. They only have one reliable starter.

If Hughes and Burnett aren't reliable than Boston only has 1 reliable starter.

If Hughes and Burnett aren't reliable than Boston only has 1 reliable starter.

Hughes had two good months and then was garbage. Burnout was awful from jump.

The Sox have Lester and Buchholz. That's a very solid 1-2. Their 3-5 have question marks but they are still better than most 3-5s out there.

Hughes had two good months and then was garbage. Burnout was awful from jump.

The Sox have Lester and Buchholz. That's a very solid 1-2. Their 3-5 have question marks but they are still better than most 3-5s out there.

Hughes, in his first full year as a starter was better than Lester was at that age NTM Hughes had a decent Aug and a very good Sep last year so you're just wrong about him only having 2 good months. Also Burnett, just one year ago was having a great season and mowing down guys in the world series so you can cherry pick all you want but those guys are both capable of putting up very good season based on their previous track records. I love how Captain Laptops is a stone cold lock after having one good season with mediocre peripherals and a lucky BABIP. He isn't going to be putting up a 2.33 ERA again any time soon. 4-5 are the Yankee issues at the moment. Not 1-3.

Edited by madmikeisback

Hughes was good for two months and then was very average if not below average. AJ Burnett is 34 years old and has not had a year where his ERA was under 3.5 since 2005 but he's just going to bounce back? Even if he reverts to form he is basically a #3 guy. Joba is a crapshoot as a starter. #5 is important if that guy is getting 25-35 starts.

The Yankees are a playoff team today. If a good starter becomes available they will go out and get him but once you get in anything can happen and we're good enough to get in.

The Yankees are a playoff team today. If a good starter becomes available they will go out and get him but once you get in anything can happen and we're good enough to get in.

Maybe.

CC will lead the team and Hughes will continue to progress, but if AJ struggles again. The Yankees could be home for the post season.

Maybe.

CC will lead the team and Hughes will continue to progress, but if AJ struggles again. The Yankees could be home for the post season.

And if Boston's 3 4 and 5 starters are as horrible as they were last season they will miss the playoffs too. If if if. Boston is always the offseason champs though.

And if Boston's 3 4 and 5 starters are as horrible as they were last season they will miss the playoffs too. If if if. Boston is always the offseason champs though.

They are still better then anything the Yankees are throwing out there on any given day.

Beckett is what he is. When healthy he is a Cy candidate. When his back acts up, he is hittable .500 pitcher. Good thing for the Sox is he is 52-21 in his last three odd years.

Lackey is over paid, but he is what he is. He is not an ace, but he is an over .500 pitcher for his career.

Dice-K is the Japanese Lackey. Overpaid? Yes, but he wins more than he loses.

With the Sox offense, they should win around 60 percent of these guys starts. You cannot say the same thing about your 4 and 5.

They are still better then anything the Yankees are throwing out there on any given day.

Beckett is what he is. When healthy he is a Cy candidate. When his back acts up, he is hittable .500 pitcher. Good thing for the Sox is he is 52-21 in his last three odd years.

Lackey is over paid, but he is what he is. He is not an ace, but he is an over .500 pitcher for his career.

Dice-K is the Japanese Lackey. Overpaid? Yes, but he wins more than he loses.

With the Sox offense, they should win around 60 percent of these guys starts. You cannot say the same thing about your 4 and 5.

1: No one has any idea who the Yankee 4-5 starters will be.

2: Are you saying the yankees' hitting and best bullpen in baseball can't overcome bad starts?

We are seriously judging players by what they do on odd or even numbered years? Chad Pennington for the HOF!

Dude is like clock work.

1: No one has any idea who the Yankee 4-5 starters will be.

2: Are you saying the yankees' hitting and best bullpen in baseball can't overcome bad starts?

You do not see #1 as a problem? Burnett is not that much, but you know what you get within him. Relatively speaking.

And no on #2. Sure they can overcome bad starts. They still have a lot of nice bats in the line-up, but it is not like they can take a single A pitcher and expect 15 wins.

Dude is like clock work.

You do not see #1 as a problem? Burnett is not that much, but you know what you get within him. Relatively speaking.

And no on #2. Sure they can overcome bad starts. They still have a lot of nice bats in the line-up, but it is not like they can take a single A pitcher and expect 15 wins.

Has there ever been a time when the New York Yankees accepted trotting a single A pitcher out there every 5th game? There have been times I'd have preferred it, but if what they have sucks they'll get something else. The fact that it isn't Cliff Lee is not a huge deal to me.

Dude is like clock work.

Sure it's a problem now but the season is over 2 months away. Lots of things can happen in 2 months and the Yankees have the prospects to get any players that are available and the money to sign FA's. A guy like a Justin Duchscherer would be an instant upgrade.

Edited by madmikeisback

Has there ever been a time when the New York Yankees accepted trotting a single A pitcher out there every 5th game? There have been times I'd have preferred it, but if what they have sucks they'll get something else. The fact that it isn't Cliff Lee is not a huge deal to me.

Probably not, but there is not much available in free agency. Just a bunch of JAGs.

Probably not, but there is not much available in free agency. Just a bunch of JAGs.

Aren't a bunch of JAGs equivalent to what we are talking about at the bottom of the Sox rotation?

Aren't a bunch of JAGs equivalent to what we are talking about at the bottom of the Sox rotation?

Since when are Beckett and Lackey JAGs? They both could have great seasons this year.

Dice-K would fit the bill as a JAG, but maybe he figures it out this season. Probably wishful thinking though.

Since when are Beckett and Lackey JAGs? They both could have great seasons this year.

Dice-K would fit the bill as a JAG, but maybe he figures it out this season. Probably wishful thinking though.

Beckett? He could have a great season. So could AJ Burnett.

Beckett? He could have a great season. So could AJ Burnett.

Burnett has never had a great season. Beckett has had a handful. Beckett pitched hurt most of last season, Burnett was healthy. Burnett is 34, Beckett is 30. Should I go on?