Sign in to follow this  
Blackout

Who do the Yankees need to pursue for pitching?

That will make for a great back page while the Clemens trial is going on.

That is going to be BAD. Really bad. I hope Clemens ends up in prison.

That is going to be BAD. Really bad. I hope Clemens ends up in prison.

It is something that in principle, Pettitte should not have to be dragged into.

His friend decides that he is going to lie, and because of that, Pettitte has to bear the brunt of being caught in the middle.

It is something that in principle, Pettitte should not have to be dragged into.

His friend decides that he is going to lie, and because of that, Pettitte has to bear the brunt of being caught in the middle.

In a weird way, it will probably end up improving Andy's rep in the long run. Camp Clemens is going to try and tarnish Andy's name. So if he has any skeletons, they are coming out. But if there is a player who can survive that its Andy. Both because his skeletons if any probably aren't bad and because he has so much good will built up already.

But what is wrong with Clemens? Wow I feel bad for ever defending him. Although technically Piazza did have it coming, lol.

God, were still talking about steroids?

WHO CARES...they all took them.

Edited by Matt39

That is a pretty general and stupid thing to stay.

there is not any way that the players who did not use them should be stained by the ones who did.

there is not any way that the players who did not use them should be stained by the ones who did.

Too late for that. It's almost impossible to prove a negative.

Edited by madmikeisback

I think it's a big deal. Alex Sanchez deserves an asterisk next to his name in the record books.

Why would I care about that?

I dont watch baseball caring about players legacies....I watch because I want the Yankees to win.

• Upvote 1

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6078308

Yankees signed Freddy Garcia. He's only made 51 starts the last 4 seasons.

This reminds me of a few years ago when the Sox signed Penny and Smoltz and hoped for the best with reclamation projects. I'm sure Yankees fans are hoping for better success than the Sox had.

Why would I care about that?

I dont watch baseball caring about players legacies....I watch because I want the Yankees to win.

You and I care about different things, obviously. No problem in that.

I get it...Buccholz is entering his prime, but Hughes is a roll of the dice.....Gotcha Slappy :blink:

:blink: I did not say he was a roll of the dice. I said he will continue to progress. Slight difference.

Is he over his pitch limits?

:blink: I did not say he was a roll of the dice. I said he will continue to progress. Slight difference.

Is he over his pitch limits?

Yes. Cashman is on record as saying that since Hughes has emerged from the pitch count regime, they fully expect him to pitch between 300 - 330 innings this year.

Yes. Cashman is on record as saying that since Hughes has emerged from the pitch count regime, they fully expect him to pitch between 300 - 330 innings this year.

300? Who is he? Cy Young? ;)

What Joba?

Francesa told a caller that his price for Felix Hernandez if he was Seattle would be Montero, Joba, Hughes and one of the killer B's down on the farm. I think the caller initiated the discussion with Nova, Montero, Brackman.

Francesa told a caller that his price for Felix Hernandez if he was Seattle would be Montero, Joba, Hughes and one of the killer B's down on the farm. I think the caller initiated the discussion with Nova, Montero, Brackman.

I think there should be a rule written in the baseball books that Yankee fans should not be allowed to ever offer a trade idea for a star player, ever. They have no f*cking concept of where to start...

I think there should be a rule written in the baseball books that Yankee fans should not be allowed to ever offer a trade idea for a star player, ever. They have no f*cking concept of where to start...

I don't think that's really fair. Yankee fans have a reason to propose lopsided trades. Often the star is on the block because he has free agency coming up and is going to go for top dollar. Top dollar means the Yankees, so they are often bidding against themselves. There is no reason to overpay for a guy that only a few teams are willing and able to trade. That's why I didn't want to send the world for Santana. Obviously Garcia doesn't fall into this category, but many fans can't differentiate.

Guest obama6493

Agreed. If Anderson can manage to stay healthy, he's the far better pitcher on that staffl IMO.

Not really a good plan B, imo. I mean, it's there, but it's expensive. I'm just hoping they don't make a rash overreaction decision which they're prone to doing.

I think they might end up trying to go hard after bullpen help since top flight starting pitching help is not there. We're boned if Pettitte retires.

• Downvote 1

Not really a good plan B, imo. I mean, it's there, but it's expensive. I'm just hoping they don't make a rash overreaction decision which they're prone to doing.

I think they might end up trying to go hard after bullpen help since top flight starting pitching help is not there. We're boned if Pettitte retires.

:huh: