Some of you "Jets fans" need to find another bandwagon

gangreenman

Every Jet fan is a real fan, the optimists, the SOJF and everyone in between are "real" fans. You don't have to think a certain way to be a "real" fan.

That said, probably do have the worst fanbase in the NFL in terms of doom & gloom and hating on the team, and their stadium fans are awful. You wish the stadium fans were like Knick fans at the Garden who even when things were bad were a great crowd. They show up late, leave early, and turn on the team with a quickness. Opposing players have said it was their team's strategy to go up early because the Jets stadium crowd easily turns on the team.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every Jet fan is a real fan, the optimists, the SOJF and everyone in between are "real" fans. You don't have to think a certain way to be a "real" fan.

That said, probably do have the worst fanbase in the NFL and their stadium fans are awful. You wish the stadium fans were like Knick fans at the Garden who even when things were bad were stupid enough to pay $100+ per ticket anyway.

Fixed.

Also, the Knicks would have had at least 80% empty seats in recent years if they played in the Meadowlands. Hardly a fair comparison.

That said, probably do have the worst fanbase in the NFL in terms of doom & gloom and hating on the team, and their stadium fans are awful. You wish the stadium fans were like Knick fans at the Garden who even when things were bad were a great crowd. They show up late, leave early, and turn on the team with a quickness. Opposing players have said it was their team's strategy to go up early because the Jets stadium crowd easily turns on the team.

40 years of ineptitude might do that to a group of people. 100% agreed Jet fans are azzholes, hard to argue that one.

So im reading the board and looking at all these so called "Jets fans" posting things like "Rex is losing this team" "Rex needs to go" "Sanchez is not the answer" "Fire Schotty Now!". And I think, these people can't really call themselves Jets fans, can they????

We lost TWO IN A ROW!!! .I dont claim to be the world's best or most loyal or most tenured Jets fan, but I've stuck with this team through god knows how many losing seasons and heart break losses (Steelers 04, Raiders 01, Broncos 98 are three that are most clear in my head). I was a fan through the Parcells failed band-aid experiment, sandwiched between the Kotite and Groh- Edwards travesties. I thought we found the answer in Mangini, after he inherited a beat up old team left by Edwards and took them into the playoffs. However, as the team began to acquire new, young, and good talent, he was proven to be too rigid and stubborn to keep them all together... The Pete Kendall and Brett Favre debacles being the two most prudent examples. And now they hire Rex Ryan, one of the best defensive minds in the league who every good player in the league wants to play for. He takes us to the AFCCG and within 30 minutes of the SB with a rookie QB, no real passing game to speak of. The next season we start 9-2 and are considered to be one of the best in the league.

Then, we drop two in a row. Down to 9-4, and you people act as if the freakin sky is falling and call for Rex's head on the moronic speculation that Rex has "lost his team". Some were even calling for him to be fired!! Are you f-ing kidding me?!?!?!? Its as if none of you remember what it was like when our coaches and players ACTUALLY sucked. Its as if none of you remember the 1-15 season, the multiple 4-12 seasons, the entirety of failed coaches we brought it, one after the next...In fact, Id say these loudmouth bandwagoners piss me off a lot more than other teams trolls. At least the trolls dont claim and pretend to be real Jets fans. Disgraceful and embarrassing, even more so than the Jets recent performance the past two weeks.

LMAO

So im reading the board and looking at all these so called "Jets fans" posting things like "Rex is losing this team" "Rex needs to go" "Sanchez is not the answer" "Fire Schotty Now!". And I think, these people can't really call themselves Jets fans, can they????

We lost TWO IN A ROW!!! .I dont claim to be the world's best or most loyal or most tenured Jets fan, but I've stuck with this team through god knows how many losing seasons and heart break losses (Steelers 04, Raiders 01, Broncos 98 are three that are most clear in my head). I was a fan through the Parcells failed band-aid experiment, sandwiched between the Kotite and Groh- Edwards travesties. I thought we found the answer in Mangini, after he inherited a beat up old team left by Edwards and took them into the playoffs. However, as the team began to acquire new, young, and good talent, he was proven to be too rigid and stubborn to keep them all together... The Pete Kendall and Brett Favre debacles being the two most prudent examples. And now they hire Rex Ryan, one of the best defensive minds in the league who every good player in the league wants to play for. He takes us to the AFCCG and within 30 minutes of the SB with a rookie QB, no real passing game to speak of. The next season we start 9-2 and are considered to be one of the best in the league.

Then, we drop two in a row. Down to 9-4, and you people act as if the freakin sky is falling and call for Rex's head on the moronic speculation that Rex has "lost his team". Some were even calling for him to be fired!! Are you f-ing kidding me?!?!?!? Its as if none of you remember what it was like when our coaches and players ACTUALLY sucked. Its as if none of you remember the 1-15 season, the multiple 4-12 seasons, the entirety of failed coaches we brought it, one after the next...In fact, Id say these loudmouth bandwagoners piss me off a lot more than other teams trolls. At least the trolls dont claim and pretend to be real Jets fans. Disgraceful and embarrassing, even more so than the Jets recent performance the past two weeks.

i,too,support this team thru thick and thin.however,anybody with 2 eyes can see that this years jets team is pure garbage.yes,they are 9-4.that record does not reflect this jets teams performance.they are playing like they should be 4-9.when your offense cannot put up 1 touch down in 4 games,there is a major problem.throw in the other 5 wins where they played like trash for much of the game to "squeek it out",it just doesnt add up to their "soon to be champs" fodder that they spill.i dont have any faith that this team wins another game.people keep stating that at the least,the 1 win we need is at buffalo.think again

So... we should calm down and ignore the fact we can;t beat good teams or play well in bad weather? Ignore the fact we came out flat as my high school prom date (*turn out to be male, long story for another time) for the single biggest game of the year? Ignore that we haven;t score a ******* touchdown in 8 quarters of football? WE are fans we get mad, no matter how mad we get it really doesn't effect the team in anyhow. They won't figure out sh*t, **** them and their resiliency, and **** you too. Last year was a fluke. Theirs always next year when we can't afford to keep the talent we have right?

You didn't get the memo? gangreenman is paying for everybody's season tickets.

So... we should calm down and ignore the fact we can;t beat good teams or play well in bad weather? Ignore the fact we came out flat as my high school prom date (*turn out to be male, long story for another time) for the single biggest game of the year? Ignore that we haven;t score a ******* touchdown in 8 quarters of football? WE are fans we get mad, no matter how mad we get it really doesn't effect the team in anyhow. They won't figure out sh*t, **** them and their resiliency, and **** you too. Last year was a fluke. Theirs always next year when we can't afford to keep the talent we have right?

When did I say we should ignore it? Of course we have the right to be upset, as I for sure am, over our performance the past two weeks. WE ARE 9-4 That 9 wins and 4 losses. Last year we won 5 games in a row in cold weather envts, two in the playoffs on the road. The game we lost in INDY was played inside a dome. Calling For Rex's and Sanchez's head because the team has looked like sh*t the past two weeks is what I am referring to. If you have no faith than stop watching, stop going to the games, stop posting on message boards. No matter what the Jets do, who they hire, or who they sign/draft/trade for, this team will never win anything in your eyes. No wonder thats the case when "fans" call for the firing and cutting of Ryan and Sanchez after an AFCCG appearance last year and a 9-4 start the next year, simply because of back to back losses.

On other posters, I understand the pessimism is about more than just these 2 losses, but about the failures of the Jets over the past 40 years... What I dont understand is how they think Rex Ryan and/or Mark Sanchez have much of anything to do with that, other than the fact that they didn't win a SB their 1st year and lost back to back games after starting 9-2 this year.

When did I say we should ignore it? Of course we have the right to be upset, as I for sure am, over our performance the past two weeks. WE ARE 9-4 That 9 wins and 4 losses. Last year we won 5 games in a row in cold weather envts, two in the playoffs on the road. The game we lost in INDY was played inside a dome. Calling For Rex's and Sanchez's head because the team has looked like sh*t the past two weeks is what I am referring to. If you have no faith than stop watching, stop going to the games, stop posting on message boards. No matter what the Jets do, who they hire, or who they sign/draft/trade for, this team will never win anything in your eyes. No wonder thats the case when "fans" call for the firing and cutting of Ryan and Sanchez after an AFCCG appearance last year and a 9-4 start the next year, simply because of back to back losses.

On other posters, I understand the pessimism is about more than just these 2 losses, but about the failures of the Jets over the past 40 years... What I dont understand is how they think Rex Ryan and/or Mark Sanchez have much of anything to do with that, other than the fact that they didn't win a SB their 1st year and lost back to back games after starting 9-2 this year.

I'll do whatever I want and you can't stop me!

LMAO

If you have no faith than stop watching, stop going to the games, stop posting on message boards.

I have no faith in the New York Jets and I plan on watching every single minute of their games, just like every other year. I'm really hoping we make the playoffs and the Jags win out so I can go to that playoff game in Jax since I have season tix for the Jags. And I plan on posting on the message board every day during that time frame.

I <3 the air you breathe.

I have tried that. I try to not watch and I have failed miserably. I don;t go to games because I live to far away and I'm too fat to walk stairs. I actually did stop posting for awhile but nobody noticed so I figured what's the point?

It's not the last three losses(already counting Pittsburgh). It's the entire season. We have looked weak and fortunate all season. Maybe you should START watching the games if you don;t see that. Don;t tell me about last year because we limped into the playoffs had a nice entertaining run and won NOTHING. Then got loaded up for a run this year with a bunch of hired-gun players (free agents) and in a sense are ALL-IN. We are actually worse this year and our record only reflects the softness of our opponents.

So go ahead call me a bad fan and a fat **** and the sexiest man ever!!!! I don;t care what you think of me because I have an awesome lunch ready to eat in 43 minutes and 17 seconds and you are an irrelevant over=stated self righteous, self appointing doo doo head.

I was wondering when the "I'm a Real Jets Fan & You're Not" thread would rear its face.

YAWN

Like the day follows night.

He's a better fan than anyone else because....uh, I don't really know. But how dare we bitch about the latest annual ineptitude going on 42 seasons! I mean, they have scored several FIELD GOALS in the 4 biggest games of the year! We got some nerve!

What is with the violence and or on this thread?

I have tried that. I try to not watch and I have failed miserably. I don;t go to games because I live to far away and I'm too fat to walk stairs. I actually did stop posting for awhile but nobody noticed so I figured what's the point?

It's not the last three losses(already counting Pittsburgh). It's the entire season. We have looked weak and fortunate all season. Maybe you should START watching the games if you don;t see that. Don;t tell me about last year because we limped into the playoffs had a nice entertaining run and won NOTHING. Then got loaded up for a run this year with a bunch of hired-gun players (free agents) and in a sense are ALL-IN. We are actually worse this year and our record only reflects the softness of our opponents.

So go ahead call me a bad fan and a fat **** and the sexiest man ever!!!! I don;t care what you think of me because I have an awesome lunch ready to eat in 43 minutes and 17 seconds and you are an irrelevant over=stated self righteous, self appointing doo doo head.

Every one of Crusher's posts is like classic poetry.

Any fan regardless of team they follow will analyze their team if they frequent a message board.

Each will have their own agenda or thoughts on what is wrong with the team in both the good and bad times.

Presently we are in a bad rut and have been so for well over six weeks. Koolaid drinkers ignored the faults of the team due to last minute semi miracle wins over bad teams. Those wins were aided by incredible faulty opposition coaching, penalties, fumbles or clock mismanagemet. The koolaid drinker ignored that and shouted "best record in the NFL" to anyone who wanted to discuss the teams issues.

Now that those issues have finally raised their ugly head when the level of the opponent stepped up in class we have a team that cannot score at the moment, has it's QB regressing after showing promise , has a OC with curious game plans and play calls and the Head Coach has looked ill prepared for two critical games. Never mind all the off the field issues that have nothing to do with football that this team has had to address.

Fans will go overboard and call players busts and scream for coaches to be fired in times like this but to say this team cannot be critiqued with the way they have been playing is crazy.

We could easily be 5-8 and I would love to hear your predictions for the next two games based on what you have watched the past six weeks. Both last seasons run and this seasons 9-2 start came with some smoke and mirrors. That does not mean fans aren't rooting for the ship to be righted but their are obvious flaws with the team.

If you have no faith than stop watching, stop going to the games, stop posting on message boards.

I have to confess that I didn't bother to watch the New England game.

No matter what the Jets do, who they hire, or who they sign/draft/trade for, this team will never win anything in your eyes.

What does this even mean? I dunno what they've won in your eyes, but they've yet to win sh*t in reality.

steelers scored 2 offensive touchdowns in the last 3 weeks and so have we

the kr man for the bills (dont know his name and who cares anyway) would have brought one back if he didnt run into his own guy, brad smith will bail us out with a touchdown and we will win it 13-10 after an outstanding defensive performance

we rush into chicago high off our big win and spank the humiliated bears defense

finally, with the offense rolling and the defense stingy, the bills will be easy pickins---->Jets storm the playoffs 12-4 at the 6th seed and get another shot at the almighty cheats

Archived