Is Anybody Else NOT Looking Forward to This Game Tomorrow?

SoFlaJets

I am looking forward to seeing the Jets win in Pittsburgh!!!

That would be great. I have been struggling and scrambling to find work and it had been a nice diversion to not have to be constantly thinking, making calls, and scheming. I used to be able to use politics but I have gotten so frustrated with all politicians that I now have it all on ignore, so it's back to playing solitaire like when I first got on a computer....a Jets win would be fantastic.

That would be great. I have been struggling and scrambling to find work and it had been a nice diversion to not have to be constantly thinking, making calls, and scheming. I used to be able to use politics but I have gotten so frustrated with all politicians that I now have it all on ignore, so it's back to playing solitaire like when I first got on a computer....a Jets win would be fantastic.

I hear ya bro, when you need escape from the escape, it's a drag

It's been a depressing last 2 weeks here on JN...I just hope we don't have to endure another one.

It is hard to take Jimmy, after getting the notches in the W column early on. We had reason to get optimistic, despite nearly losing to some not very good football teams, by showing the guts to come back and win consistently and thats something the SOJ's weren't very good at. Our scheduling threw 3 games against top 10 D's at us out of our last 4 and started that streak with us against the best offensive powerhouse in football. Baring total collapse we will end up at least at 10-6 and if we do better than we have shown capable of to date maybe 11-5 and a play-off team. But our offense really shows how poor it is when we have to play good defensive football teams and its not gelling or maturing, it's just showing us how it's lacking when we go up against these defenses.

What's hard was seeing the offense move the chains and score points against some of the lesser teams - leaving a Disney like hope it could do that all the time. And then we wake up and we're not in Disney Land or World. We're in the NFL where people punch you in the mouth.

10-6 is great for a sophomore coach and QB, 11-5 is even better. I believe the the Jets management has every intention of building up the teams offense and refining the defense. Life is good.

The good news NJohn is I'm putting my band Tropical Storm back together. It's with a couple of guys I used to play with back in the 90's and since I sobered up they don't hate me like they used to when I was tyrannical dictator LOL. Also I have my son playing piano with us and yesterday we went over their song list and we learned about 10-15 1-4-5 bluesey rockers. I'm schooling my son on 3 chord rock-Chuck Berry-Nicky Hopkins type boogie woogie blues piano stuff. The kid amazes me and is a fast learner. I'll also be breaking out my never used Telecaster that a couple of fans bought for me a few years ago. We got our first gig for New Years eve with an eye towards more weekend work playing for the Equestrian crowd. Who knows, maybe we can get Springsteen to jam with us this winter-he lives in the Equestrian Club about a minute and 30 seconds away-so that's been my diversion lately. I'm pretty excited and Eff the Jets once again for ruining another so looked forward to season

The last two games was visual torture. I genuinely just didn't want to see our offense come back on the field at times. Hard to be excited about that group going into Pittsburgh, but you never know. We could get it together.

So yes, I will be back for more. I always am.

what drove me insane last week IJ was I kept saying to my wife and son "all we need is ONE PLAY and we can win this game ONE FRIGGING PLAY" it never happened.

The good news NJohn is I'm putting my band Tropical Storm back together. It's with a couple of guys I used to play with back in the 90's and since I sobered up they don't hate me like they used to when I was tyrannical dictator LOL. Also I have my son playing piano with us and yesterday we went over their song list and we learned about 10-15 1-4-5 bluesey rockers. I'm schooling my son on 3 chord rock-Chuck Berry-Nicky Hopkins type boogie woogie blues piano stuff. The kid amazes me and is a fast learner. I'll also be breaking out my never used Telecaster that a couple of fans bought for me a few years ago. We got our first gig for New Years eve with an eye towards more weekend work playing for the Equestrian crowd. Who knows, maybe we can get Springsteen to jam with us this winter-he lives in the Equestrian Club about a minute and 30 seconds away-so that's been my diversion lately. I'm pretty excited and Eff the Jets once again for ruining another so looked forward to season

This has been the kind of month where it's more likely Springsteen (back from an illicit liasion with a housefrau from the local Planet Fitness) will knock on the door and demand you turn that crap down forthwith.

This has been the kind of month where it's more likely Springsteen (back from an illicit liasion with a housefrau from the local Planet Fitness) will knock on the door and demand you turn that crap down forthwith.

Naaahh Bugg-not The Boss-he's the most gracious famous person I've ever met in my life and I've met dozens. I even got to play some Bruce FOR Bruce a couple of times-nice dude and as I said he lives, well let me put it this way-if Tom Brady was standing in Bruce and Patti's backyard he would be able to hit me in the back of the head with a football if I was too loud

That sounds great bro - make sure you get the music online as soon as you can - can't wait to hear it. You play some harp too don't you? That would fit perfect in that mix as you can slip off into 8-12 bar standards that you can rock up real nice. We just picked up a seasoned harp guy a couple months ago and are getting ready to play out with him. It's great to get back into some of those Butterfield and Yardbirds classics - it's all 1-4-5 and we knock'em off as quick as he can learn what he doesn't know of them. They're crowd pleaser's and they get people up dancing and table pounding.

I'm not giving up on this season in total - just pretty confident in our limitations. NOT the despair of a Herm/Chad situation ... or any kind of a Chad situation. I think we're moving forward in a big way.

That sounds great bro - make sure you get the music online as soon as you can - can't wait to hear it. You play some harp too don't you? That would fit perfect in that mix as you can slip off into 8-12 bar standards that you can rock up real nice. We just picked up a seasoned harp guy a couple months ago and are getting ready to play out with him. It's great to get back into some of those Butterfield and Yardbirds classics - it's all 1-4-5 and we knock'em off as quick as he can learn what he doesn't know of them. They're crowd pleaser's and they get people up dancing and table pounding.

I'm not giving up on this season in total - just pretty confident in our limitations. NOT the despair of a Herm/Chad situation ... or any kind of a Chad situation. I think we're moving forward in a big way.

Hey John who should I have my son listen to for tips on how to play that blues rock piano stuff-like Ian Stewart and Nicky Hopkins? I can't find hardly any Johnny Johnson/Chuck Berry stuff on my download thingy...I had Get Yer Ya Ya's Out on yesterday for him...I friggin love Carol and Little Queenie. We're friends on Facebook (aren't we?)so I'll have Robbin video some stuff from the N.Y.Eve gig...Yea I'm actually getting better at playing the blues on the harp-for years I have been doing the Neil Young Bob Dylan style. I finally figured out which friggin harps to use for that style

It can get depressing but then you realize it is only a football game and family and the holidays are much more important to enjoy Jimmy

Yup. My son-in-law fell asleep on I-95 Thursday night (was sober) and totaled my daughter's car. He's really lucky-he very easily could have been killed and left my daughter a 5 months pregnant widow with a 2 year old son. He's still in the hospital. Somebody pulled him out of the car and his father thinks it was an angel-I do too...

Yup. My son-in-law fell asleep on I-95 Thursday night (was sober) and totaled my daughter's car. He's really lucky-he very easily could have been killed and left my daughter a 5 months pregnant widow with a 2 year old son. He's still in the hospital. Somebody pulled him out of the car and his father thinks it was an angel-I do too...

That was close good he is all right

I blame Revi$

as well you should-EVERYTHING is his fault. Hey whatever happened to the concept of interceptions and defensive TD's anyway? One thing about that idiot Mangini, at least you could count on a few D-TD's a year. OMG, here I am longing for the Mangini era...it's gotten bad hasn't it?

Good for you, man!

I'm doing the same sorta thing. I've been playing a lot more guitar while ignoring both the Jets and politics. I honestly don't know what time the game is on tomorrow, and probably won't find out until then. I'll watch, but I'll probably be wrapping my Christmas presents at the same time.

In the meantime, I'm learning new songs and studying up on a few solos I used to fudge. It's all good.

Good for you, man!

I'm doing the same sorta thing. I've been playing a lot more guitar while ignoring both the Jets and politics. I honestly don't know what time the game is on tomorrow, and probably won't find out until then. I'll watch, but I'll probably be wrapping my Christmas presents at the same time.

In the meantime, I'm learning new songs and studying up on a few solos I used to fudge. It's all good.

I just learned Backstreet Girl by The Stones from Flowers-beautiful song try it bro Gmaj7 C G...D C G...Am Em Am B7 C G D

as well you should-EVERYTHING is his fault. Hey whatever happened to the concept of interceptions and defensive TD's anyway? One thing about that idiot Mangini, at least you could count on a few D-TD's a year. OMG, here I am longing for the Mangini era...it's gotten bad hasn't it?

:D

Hang in there, brother. 95% of the people I know are knee deep in the sh^t right now, and the 5% that aren't struggling are emotional cripples anyway. Flyin' high in April, shot down in May. Today a peacock, tomorrow a feather duster.

The Jets charter from EWR is running late -- EWR operations called my partner and said the team hasn't shown up - I said thats OK they haven't shown up for 2 weeks --

WTF it got a laugh

other jokes thrown at me by my soon to be ex-coworkers

Sanchez had to be taken off cause he is crying like a baby

One of our coaches has been kicked off the flight for tripping a flt attendent walking down the isle

I love my job ---

Archived