1 PM Games Discussion Thread

AVM

As tempting as it may be to jump from thread to thread to thread...I'll just stick with this one.

Colts actually had signs of a running game on their opening drive -- although it's mostly because the Jags D was flat out awful.

Colts will win this game.

After watching how they came out, there's almost no doubt in my mind. Jags won't get blown out because the Colts just aren't that great this year...but I don't see how they can win this. Looks just like years past.

Giants are taking the Eagles out to the woodshed right now, completely shutting Vick down. 17-3 Giants, and they've got the ball in the redzone after an Eagles fumble. This one's surprising to me, didn't think the Giants could control the game like this (even though it's just one half)

Brian Cushing just got into a fight during the Texans/Titans game with his own teammate. I have never seen anything like that in all my years of watching football. Ended up taking off his helmet and drew a penalty to set up a Titans score. How does something like that happen in the NFL?

Brian Cushing just got into a fight during the Texans/Titans game with his own teammate. I have never seen anything like that in all my years of watching football. Ended up taking off his helmet and drew a penalty to set up a Titans score. How does something like that happen in the NFL?

Roid. Rage.

Seriously. Michael Vick IS the MVP. I'm unable to watch, so all I see is stats, but looks like he's been breaking off run after run against their D.

He is impossible to stop for 60 minutes. The Giants contained him for 53 minutes and then he just destroyed them in 7 minutes. I missed the opening KO return for the Jets because I couldn't take my eyes off the Eagles-Giants game, and I usually hate watching the Giants play. The Eagles are the most fun team to watch in the NFL hands down.

If we don't win the SB, I seriously want the Eagles to win it.

He is impossible to stop for 60 minutes. The Giants contained him for 53 minutes and then he just destroyed them in 7 minutes. I missed the opening KO return for the Jets because I couldn't take my eyes off the Eagles-Giants game, and I usually hate watching the Giants play. The Eagles are the most fun team to watch in the NFL hands down.

If we don't win the SB, I seriously want the Eagles to win it.

I just enjoy watching him play. This guys a must watch...and maybe I've got the blinders on, but he seems to really be trying to turn his off-the-field life around as well. And I want him to succeed, which is something that 2 years ago, even last year I never would have thought I'd feel.

If the Jets think they had an hellacious 2 weeks, watch the torture the Jints are about to face from the media. Between the indifference that allowed the Iggles to recover the onside kick and the debacle of a punt at the end, they almost have to fire the Specials coach tonight.

Just saw the end of the Giants game. What a garbage move by Coughlin to just lay into the punter right there on the spot after the game. Kid looked like he wanted to die, just terrible. Wait for the ******* lockeroom at least instead of embarrassing him like that.

Douche.

Just saw the end of the Giants game. What a garbage move by Coughlin to just lay into the punter right there on the spot after the game. Kid looked like he wanted to die, just terrible. Wait for the ******* lockeroom at least instead of embarrassing him like that.

Douche.

I actually went to college with the guy and know him pretty well, so maybe I'm biased...but I concur. First, he's a rookie -- it was the absolute worst thing to do (to punt it to Jackson) but the snap wasn't the greatest, and while it was good enough to get the punt off right, again...rookie. Matt also didn't give up 28 4th quarter points, nor was he the only person capable of taking Jackson down on the back end.

Fact of the matter is, yeah...it was bad. Really bad...and punting it to Jackson in the end does fall on him. However, as Peterson (Boise St.'s HC) said after the the loss to Nevada, "one play doesn't lose a game...but it can win it." If it was Weatherford we'd all be pissed too, but some of this crap is just too far. Death threats and all is BS, I don't care if it's Matt Dodge, Doug Brien, or anyone.

I actually went to college with the guy and know him pretty well, so maybe I'm biased...but I concur. First, he's a rookie -- it was the absolute worst thing to do (to punt it to Jackson) but the snap wasn't the greatest, and while it was good enough to get the punt off right, again...rookie. Matt also didn't give up 28 4th quarter points, nor was he the only person capable of taking Jackson down on the back end.

Fact of the matter is, yeah...it was bad. Really bad...and punting it to Jackson in the end does fall on him. However, as Peterson (Boise St.'s HC) said after the the loss to Nevada, "one play doesn't lose a game...but it can win it." If it was Weatherford we'd all be pissed too, but some of this crap is just too far. Death threats and all is BS, I don't care if it's Matt Dodge, Doug Brien, or anyone.

Yeah. He just completely threw him under the bus, by doing that he's just telling those watching "it was his fault, not mine". Maybe he should blame himself for allowing his team to blow up in all phases of the game and blow a 21 point lead. Pathetic move.

Archived