The Last Snow Storm of 2010

visajets

i was predicted to get 4-6 inches when I left house yesterday, this morning my predictaion has grown to 12+... Why don't these things ever get better instead of worse? Probably my fault for saying repetedly yesterday that 6 inches is a light dusting after last year..

Saw a Volvo do a 270 into the grass median on Flatbush Avenue down by Rockaway this morning when there was an inch or 2. Volvo is supposedly the safest car in thw world, but BFD;doesn't mean you cannot crash as this poor bastid found out. It's better to have a 4-wheel drive SUV on a day like today.

We decided to stay in Pa and no drive back tonight. Saw some pictures of CNJ and it looks pretty bad. Snowing here but not really bad.

The forecast for the Jersey Shore is 12-18 inches. That is a lot especially since Snookie left town.

We decided to stay in Pa and no drive back tonight. Saw some pictures of CNJ and it looks pretty bad. Snowing here but not really bad.

The forecast for the Jersey Shore is 12-18 inches. That is a lot especially since Snookie left town.

Blizzard like conditions. If you dont need to be on the road stay the hell home. Its bad out.

25 inches? Is that true?

Yes im in Central N.J we got about 20" further south got blasted with 25" + . Parts of I-95 and the Turnpike were closed down with people stranded overnight in cars. The wind is still blowing and its getting colder. The roads are terrible.

I am moving this to the NFL forum....want to hear how everyone is doing. Just want to make sure everyone is safe. :P

I am in PA, not much snow out here, just winds. Was told that our town has 25 inches of snow and other towns have over 30 inches. Holy crap.

Just loaded up the scanner app on the droid. WOW -- really sounds bad. Listening to local EMS and Fire trying to deal with emergencies and there are broken down cars in the way everywhere. Really shows how important it is to stay off the road when things are like this.

The medics have been trying to get to this one house for a reported heart attack for the last 10-15 minutes. These guys (EMS workers, police, fire) stay so calm and just explain how they are trying to get there but they are hitting unplowed roads on the way.

Never had a police scanner but have to say this scanner app is very informative. Helps me realize that we are all set staying in PA with family for as long as it takes. Everything else can wait.

Phil most of the area still waiting to get plowed- my street just once and my snow crew truck broke down

Frank -- hearing so much of that. There is an ambulance transporting a patient that is stuck right now on the Red Bank bridge. Damn man that is scary....

The medics have been trying to get to this one house for a reported heart attack for the last 10-15 minutes. These guys (EMS workers, police, fire) stay so calm and just explain how they are trying to get there but they are hitting unplowed roads on the way.

Never had a police scanner but have to say this scanner app is very informative. Helps me realize that we are all set staying in PA with family for as long as it takes. Everything else can wait.

There will be a 7ft wall of snow in front of the JN Mansion driveway upon your return. I hope number 50 is prepared to do some shoveling. ;)

There will be a 7ft wall of snow in front of the JN Mansion driveway upon your return. I hope number 50 is prepared to do some shoveling. ;)

We got a JN Mansion? Sweet. hahaha...

my brother drove by and took a picture of my house. The benefit of living on a 30 mph road is that it gets plowed a lot. The downside is that it gets plowed a lot and you get that wall in front of your driveway.

The big difference between this one and the blizzard this past February is the freakin' wind. Unbelievable. It was like a movie in the arctic when shoveling snow. Plus, Sanitation didn't come to plow the streets until after 1 pm in my area which is total BS. I live in eastern Queens off of a major street.

The snow drifts were killer because of the wind. I don't know how much we got total (there was 20 inch. in Central Park) because there would be 1 foot of snow for a stretch and then 3 to 4 feet mound right after.

Office was closed and I stood home with my wife & son. Son had winter camp, but the YMCA was closed. But even if it wasn't we couldn't have gotten there because, as I mentioned, Sanitation hadn't plowed the streets.

I am moving this to the football forum. Definitely want to hear from some more people on this...

Im an old timer and this is one of the worst we've had in many years. Im gonna say since the 80s. Its wicked out there winds whipping snow blowing,roads turning to black ice. Roads are a mess.

up here in sussex county we really really lucked out with maybe 10 inches at the max, but the wind was the killer. i work for the town and was talking to the DPW foreman and he said that they were spending more time clearing downed trees from the roads than plowing because there were so many.

up here in sussex county we really really lucked out with maybe 10 inches at the max, but the wind was the killer. i work for the town and was talking to the DPW foreman and he said that they were spending more time clearing downed trees from the roads than plowing because there were so many.

And the tree huggers keep plantng them. My town is also having similiar issues with downed trees. Makes no sense.

Is it just me, or did it seem like the clean-up was absolutely half-assed today? I drive from Putnam County down into Connecticut and I can't remember the roads being left this shi**y, ever. I know these state agencies are having money issues, but the driving today was total bullsh*t.

Archived